Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bounty Slaver in the Swamps

2oBcVl1.png

Objective: Train a padawan
Tags: Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Skorvek Skorvek Euric Shadowwalker Euric Shadowwalker

Untitled614_20230311091530.png
Rhiza jumped from the long branch high above the swamp onto the next, the Zygerrian Jedi master was fast and agile so the jumps through the vine entwined canopy came naturally to her. Down below was her target, an armour clad man wielding a double bladed lightsaber. He too was moving quickly, attempting to reach his target before she reached hers.

The man was her newest padawan, he was extremely strong and one of the most wonderful duelists she had trained, but he inexperienced and his use of the force was very crude, not that he was close to the dark side, but more that he found it hard to focus. Bringing him here and hunting him would hopefully help him focus, no destractions beyond his own safety, it was a genuinely dangerous place but one that Rhiza had become very familiar with, a favourite training spot of hers. She made another leap and momentarily allowed her force concealment to drop to give him a little chance, she wanted to see if he was paying attention.
01c875c0768ba07b08c5519d4b12c165.jpg
Apparently he was, his lightsaber ignited and he froze in place looking around for his master. The man made a strange clicking noise as his echolocation bounced off all of trees and he ducked behind a tree out of sight of the Jedi master.

"Good boy Shwa'znagge, let's see how you take to this." she raised her gun and send several shuriken through the tree above his head. No response... interesting. A flash of the force came to Rhiza and in a single move she drew her own blade and reflected a couple of blaster shots into a different direction. She laughed, the padawan had managed to change positions and get some free shots off at her without her detecting it. The woman was impressed, she raised her force concealment again and moved quickly though the trees, trying to outflank his position and move in for the "kill"

Bounty hunting was a past time thing fir stardust, mostly targeted against slavwrs or the occasional gunho mercenary who needs ot be knocked down a few pegs, this bounty however was less a bounty and more a mark against her own clan that stardust would see settled. Her adopted daughter Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus had set the bounty forth against one of her former owners from her days as a slave and stardust had snatch it up the instant she could to personally along side her brother Skorvek Skorvek and Euric Shadowwalker Euric Shadowwalker , a man who had been recent under their employment but stardust saw some potential and wished to see their skills and see where they may best fit.

Their journey took them to the planet of dagobah, a planet shrouded in the force, a dangerous world where one wrong step or run into the wrong creature you'd find your fate.

Breaking the dense cloud cover a firespray roared through breaking as stardust pulled down the nav computer and tapped at it and nodded before calling down

picking up a ship on sensor, gonna land a bit away so we don't draw to much attention

Scanning the area she found a suitable landing area and brought the ship to a slow and gently landed it down, standing up she walked to the passenger area and looked between the two

caporegime solus has put a bounty on a slaver by the name Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural , from what I've gathered they are a jedi, the bounty states purely capture. I don't want then dead however if they start to run incapacitate them, euric you will be providing scouting for us, watch out however this planet is deadly and jetii have their own tricks as well. Skorvek will stay back with me, speaking off I want you to use a way to conceal yourself....I will directly approach the slaver and if i need back up we'll I know what you'll do

With that she opened the hatch to the swampland and started out

go, this slaver shall not leave the planet!

Blaster
Vibrosword
Spray stick
Force Pike
Carbonizer
Optical/Audio scanner
Comlink

Euric rode along silent as Stardust took them in toward the swampy planet of Dagobah. He'd never been there before, and he'd be the scout, so he'd learn very quickly. He was clothed in fatigues with plenty of pockets and wore combat webbing. He had his sword and blaster, and a few other toys along for the ride. He'd picked up a force pike and a stokhli spray stick as well as a carbonite freezing device; all useful tools for a bounty hunter who wanted to bring their target Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural back alive. A macrobinocular monocle hung from a lanyard around his neck, giving him access to long and short range scanning, useful in the dense swamp.

The Reaper held position in the cargo bay silently, hanging on while the ship descended into the thick atmosphere. Stardust put the ship down expertly and then came aft to speak to Euric and the hulking Skorvek Skorvek .

caporegime solus has put a bounty on a slaver by the name Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural , from what I've gathered they are a jedi, the bounty states purely capture. I don't want then dead however if they start to run incapacitate them, euric you will be providing scouting for us, watch out however this planet is deadly and jetii have their own tricks as well. Skorvek will stay back with me, speaking off I want you to use a way to conceal yourself....I will directly approach the slaver and if i need back up we'll I know what you'll do

"Understood." Euric replied. He had his orders. She opened the hatch and Euric was out of the ship right behind her, his boots smacking down into the wet soil. The noise of the swamp was loud, even as the ship hissed and popped as it cooled. Euric was already scanning the area for threats, and he found many, all biologicals, but no sign of their slaver target.

"Be right back." He said, flashing a cheeky grin at his companions before dashing off into the swamp. The ex slave moved fast, moving easily above the pools and ponts by way of large gnarled roots and overhanging vines and branches, moving quickly using all four of his limbs to make his way along.

Without benefit of his scanning monocle he'd have been basically blind, with visibility down to ten feet or less in the foggy murk of the swampy terrain. With it, he could see hundreds of feet in every direction, through fog and gloom. Thermal signatures of local wildlife moved through the hazy scanner readout, but none chose to attack him. He expected that would change if he happened to fall into any of the bodies of swamp water. Big things lived in that water.

Euric had made a couple of kilometers into the swamp from their landing site when he paused again to scan the area. His scanner picked up the distant sound of blaster fire, and he commed back to Stardust."I've got something. Marking my location. Moving in to investigate."

Normally he doesn't take bounties but this target he couldn't pass up for a couple of reasons, the first one being this was someone that used to own Mairead his adopted niece that alone sealed there fate, the second one was her being a Jedi he already held a grudge for what the Jedi did to Adara years ago but he also had yet to have ever face a Jedi full on before so he was curios if there combat prowess was as potent as the ideal they preach.

The planet in question was one of the worlds he found...interesting due to the strong connection to the force the planet possessed perhaps something to experiment with after they capture this Slaver, Jedi take in almost everyone these days as they traveled and landed on this swamp world when Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae told him of the bounty conditions her merely nodded clad in his Armor he wasn't going to take chances with this Jedi as he finished sharpening his spear before he stood up as they were getting out.

Even when he walked and set foot on the swamp it was a quiet thud as he looked around, everything on this world was deadly what a perfect place for a Jedi ..or anyone to hide he looked to Euric Shadowwalker Euric Shadowwalker as he scanned the area before heading off to the sound of blasterfire, this one was new and he only hoped he performs well he was trusted enough for Stardust to have him tag along so he will just see how he fairs as he makes his to investigate the blaster fire, he looks to his sister.

I shall follow your lead sister, let us hunt.

2oBcVl1.png

Tags: Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Skorvek Skorvek Euric Shadowwalker Euric Shadowwalker

Rhiza continued to stalk Shwa'znagge through the forest, every so often they made a brief exchange, the man was very good at sensing her, she might have to unleash her full skills as Jedi spectre and really test him before she went in for the "kill". The Zygerrian woman reached out towards Shwa'znagge and passed a sensation into his mind, she saw him respond and draw his blade at a phantom that wasn't there, going into a guarded stance just as Rhiza dropped down silently behind him and placed her inactive lightsaber hilt the the base of the taller padawan's skull. "You have fallen for that trick three times now Shwa! You need to not listen to your senses and listen to the force, the force will not lie to you... I will."

"Sorry Master Dural, I will try harder"

"Good, now, close your senses and listen to the force, what does it tell you right now?" she asked, still holding the hilt against the man's head.

He let out a chuckle, "That isn't your saber, you have a stick against my head."

"Good. See how fine your perception can be when you listen to it." she paused for a second as she listened to her own perception, she felt like someone or something was approaching, she felt a presence in the force that was unfamiliar, but it her on its mind. "We shall resume our training, be aware there is someone else here, I can't tell what their purpose is yet."

Her padawan noticed and jumped for a tree to quickly climb it. Rhiza did the same, launching herself with a force assisted leap into the trees above her. She concentrated and tried to reach out into the force to answer the questions about the interloper into her training environment. Who are you?

Stardust felt the presence of the jedi, at the moment she kept her force signature dimmed down with her ring, feeling the probing force hitting her mind she casually walked and stayed a bit behind euric as he scouted forward and spotted their location...training perhaps? She certainly could dimly feel two jedi in the area which would complicate things having the second one here...nonetheless one the probing feeling got annoying she let a annoyed huffed out and spoke in mando'a to Skorvek Skorvek

I shall go forward and reveal myself, stalk from the shadows brother along side our new friend, I trust you shall know when I need help

Pinging back over to Euric Shadowwalker Euric Shadowwalker stardust spoke over her comms

acknowledged, ood work, stick to the shadows till I give the word, the jedi know we are here

Without further delay she grabbed the ring on her finger and slipped it off to the pouch on her side, the force began to swell and grow around her along with heat and steam as she decided to answer back within the force

I AM THE FIRE THAT CONSUMES THOSE WHO DARE CROSS ME

The force would feel like a massive dragon stalking it's prey with anger, stardust began to quickly move away from skorvek towards the jedi and soon broke out into a run

reveal yourself jetii, or I will ensure that this planet will feel my wrath alongside you and your friend

Blaster
Vibrosword
Spray stick
Force Pike
Carbonizer
Optical/Audio scanner
Comlink

Euric had only advanced a dozen meters when Stardust's voice came back to him, crisp and clear. He halted in the shadow of a large tree which towered over the swampy pools and ponds. He watched the water, seeing a huge Dragonsnake move by just below the surface, the water bubbling and swirling as its bulk tore through the swamp.

Pinging back over to Euric Shadowwalker Euric Shadowwalker Euric Shadowwalker Euric Shadowwalker stardust spoke over her comms

acknowledged, ood work, stick to the shadows till I give the word, the jedi know we are here

He responded with a double comm click, letting Stardust and Skorvek Skorvek know he'd heard and would obey. He had a goodly amount of cover with the overhanging trees and huge gnarled roots and branches everywhere. Unfortunately for Euric, his focus was too much on the swamp water, and not on the danger above. He didn't hear a sound over the ambient noise of the life filled swamp, not a sound, until a massive Dagobah Python landed atop him, smashing him against the tree.

"Oof!" Euric exclaimed as the wind was knocked out of him and his face scraped against the damp bark of the tree. The uneven ground saved him as the python coiled to try and ensnare his body, but got caught up in a tangle of roots and fallen branches.

His blaster pinned below his body, the Reaper drew his sword instead and got it up in time to save his own life. The Python wasn't done with him, carnivorous and hungry, it wanted to feed. The thing hissed at him menacingly, as its head undulated back and forth, cold dead eyes watching its prize. Euric cursed it. "Don't hiss at me you scaly bastard!" growled the Reaper in a low angry voice.

The large hungry Dagobah Python struck quickly, but Euric was quicker, stabbing upward through its mouth and out the top of its head, halting the fanged maw within inches of his face. The eyes rolled back in the snake's head, and it died, bloody gore dripping down the sword and into the swamp. Euric pulled the blade free, and let the corpse drop into the swamp water.

Kicking himself free of the snake, he pulled himself up the nearby tree, and got to his feet. He kept the blade handy, but no other creatures appeared willing to try their luck. Undaunted, he began to creep closer to where he suspected their target Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural was.

He nodded to Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae before he cloaked himself and his presence from all senses leaving only his mental link with Stardust the only source of communication as he readied his spear and gear as he melded with the swamp as he waited not far from Stardusts position as he sensed the target and another with her, A padawan perhaps? no matter if they got in the way he will deal with them as Euric took position he couldn't help but smile a little at Star's approach to luring out the Jedi, just like his sister to make sure everyone knows she is here in her own way, but no matter he waited to see what Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural plans to do whilst keeping within sight of Euric Shadowwalker Euric Shadowwalker who seemed to have a altercation with the locals that he took care of, this new arrival better be up to par for this mission,

2oBcVl1.png

"They are coming for us" The Zygerrian said to her padawan, no certain someone was hunting them after the threat from the unknown assailant, she could feel the force that Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae was directing into the air around her, she could feel the rage, she had not felt rage like that since she had been sith herself and consorted with their ilk. She looked at her padawan and they exchanged a knowing glance.

With a thought she triggered her cloaking device and ran to confront the encroaching dragon. With cat like agility she left into a nearby tree and silenced herself in the force. Her padawan was yelling his battlecrys, making himself fierce, making sure they knew he was ready to do battle, Rhiza was doing what she did best remaining unseen, moving as a spectre should towards her foe.

In the forest she saw the tall green form of the pyromancer twi-lek and smiled to herself. Using the force she caused an eruptiong in the swamp in front of the oncoming woman, showering her with vines, swamp water and other detritus. It would not stop a force user like her, but it was a distraction that Rhiza could utilise. She would accompany this by projecting a sense of threat from another direction, trying to mislead her opponents as to her exact location. It was not foolproof, but she was stealthy enough that even a ghostly sense of threat might be enough to distract her foe.

When she felt it was safe, she would drop from the trees behind Stardust and ignite her white lightsaber blade.

"And who are you? Creature of darkness, to come here and threaten this world?"

One disappeared vaguely from her senses, the other made it quite clear they were there and ready for a fight, but stardust wasn't going to go right on the attack especially in a place where rogues and those that play in the shadows had free reign. Mentally she spoke to Skorvek Skorvek

the one that presents themselves ready to fight, this shall be your target, do not kill them or removes limbs they may prove a bargaining piece knowing how the jetii are

With that she keyed her comm to Euric Shadowwalker Euric Shadowwalker

move to support skorvek, let us see if you can handle a jedi or not, capture only don't mortally wound them

Her senses flaired up and she stopped as the swamp erupted in front of her causing her to drop as she let a burst of fire out to incinerate the vines and water before they hit her. Glancing around the sensed the jedi from two directions and figured one side had to be a false....but which one? It mattered not to stardust for she held her ground until the jetii revealed themselves behind her, with a grin she slammed her foot down and erupted a 20 foot ring of fire around them before she turned

creature of darkness? That's one I've not heard before jetii

She turned fully hands to her sides right near two peculiar hilts, she tilted her head and let a chuckle out

I care not for this world but my target...you... Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural . Former slaver like many of your kind now turned jedi, what a odd story.

She began to pace back and forth keeping her eye of rhiza while she spoke, pulling out a bounty puck as it turned on to show her face and reward

caporegime solus wishes your presence, if it were me I'd simply strike you down like the slaver you are but she thinks different so I follow my orders...so instead I'll give you a choice. You surrender to me to be brought forth to the caporegime and you plus your friend will not be harmed...but refuse and I make sure you cannot escape justice

Skorvek merely started on the move he kept himself hidden within the swamps mist, even for someone his size and armor he was surprisingly silent in his approach towards the padawan that was trying to put a brave face, Jedi never cease to amuse him with there morals and there young's attempt to be intimidating, his response to Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae 's mental link was simple

The padawan shall survive and have there limbs ...i do not speak for anything else

Was all he said before he made his way to the padawans position, once he did he would reveal himself spear in hand pointed towards the padawan, he hoped Euric Shadowwalker Euric Shadowwalker pulls through on this one as he spoke in his standard deep tone.

You wish to face someone child, then here I stand show me your spirit is as potent as your tounge.

Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural

The padawan's boisterous antics made the approach easy. Skorvek Skorvek had the lead and Euric would support as ordered by Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae . He circled around the clearing, concealed in the mud and foliage, moving silently through the fetid swamps. Muddy and wet, blade covered with gore from the encounter with the Dragonsnake, Euric emerged from behind a gnarled tree, flanking the Padawan from the side of Skorvek's position, forcing the young Jedi to split his attention just by being there.

The Reaper cocked his head towards Skorvek, hoping the more experienced warrior would pick up on his frame of mind. Euric would distract the Jedi. "Do you suppose this Jedi's bite is worse than his bark?" He held his sword lazily, appearing relaxed and disinterested. He was not, he was ready to strike, not underestimating the danger a Jedi could present. The cocky approach was a facade to put the Jedi off his game, and aid Skorvek in taking down his prize.

Euric watched the swamps carefully, not wanting to be surprised by some other hungry or angry predator wanting to take bites out of him. He was not for dinner today. Neither was the Jedi, according to his orders, to be taken alive. He'd do his duty. He didn't have to like it.

Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural

2oBcVl1.png

Rhiza confronted the large twi'lek woman on front of her, not breaking eye contact as the flames licked around her, the woman brought out a bounty puck that had her image clearly visible, an old image, a particularly unflattering one. Rhiza sneered, "Caporegime? I know this term, what could a captain in a criminal organisation wish from me?

I would inform your employer that his invitation has been declined, I have no intention of revisiting that life...

So, I offer you a choice, leave me in this life, or prepare to make good on your threat."
The zygerrian whisked off her coat, simultaneously telekinetically blowing away an arc of the firey ring for her to back through. She could feel the dark power in this one, and just the proximity of the beast was requiring the force to prevent the heat from becoming uncomfortable.

She had no doubt the bounty hunter intended to make good on the threat, but it was no longer her way to strike first, as much as she felt the temptation growing. She lept backwards and crouched low into a prepared stance, goading Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae in to making the first move.

Further away the padawan shwa'znagger was less patient, he was an agressive warrior born of a violent people. "You're a big boy, aint ya?" he growled, bearing his inner teeth between his mandibles. He activated his twin bladed saber and spun it around before striking the underside of the staff held by Skorvek Skorvek trying a non-lethal disarm as his first attack. The hardened staff of the warrior in front of him would not yield easily no doubt, but Shwa wanted him to, at the very least feel how strong he was, and he was strong, much more than most other padawans of his classes.

I believe you misunderstood me

Stardust said standing tall and almost unmoving, were it not for the fact her hands gripped the oddly shaped hilts and lifted them off her hips as she stared down Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural

we are not inquiring about your past service, nor do we want any service a slaver can offer! No instead you must face the sins of your past and those you had wrong, but if I must...

The sabers ignited, a unique blade design unlike anything the galaxy had, she crouched low and coiled up like a snake one blade pointed down the other pointed to the former slaver

DO NOT SAY I DIDNT TRY TO OFFER PEACE FIRST JETTI, WHAT SHALL HAPPEN IS ON YOU

the ring fire around them died down...and with a monsterous roar the flames surprinded a bigger area hotter and brighter then before, stars foot kicked forward to launch a ball of fire as she slowly approached the jedi intending to make her promise and bring the jedi in

Skorvek easily blocked and batted away the blade with incredible strength intending to reverse the disarm attempt onto the padawan instead, he was told not to kill but never to not harm so ..near death will suffice as Skorvek unleashed a powerful force push towards the Padawan before marching towards him , even if this Padawan was stronger then some Skor was no push over either he has dealt with beings far worse then a measily padawan and there slaver master hiding in the swamps like rats.

He sent a blast of lighting as well not long after he had incredible amounts of force reserves to pool from so he was not going to be stingy much with his attacks.

Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

2oBcVl1.png

As the ball of fire launched towards Rhiza, she closed her fist and a telekinetic barrier briefly flashed and diverted it into the base of a tree where it exploded and tore into the wood, she extended two of her fingers and gestured towards Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae as shattered and flash hardened pieces of the tree flew at high speed towards her assailant. She looked at the blades of the twi'lek and advanced towards her in chosen ataru form. She was lithe and she was fast and her white saber struck towards the tall woman from one angle then another almost in a single breath. She could of course switch to vaapad, but would wait before channeling her old life.

Elsewhere in the forest, the fight was less well matched, the padawan smashed backwards against a copse of branches with the telekinetic thrust from Skorvek Skorvek . He growled and barely rolled out of the way of the ball of lightning that crackled past. He jumped back to his and spun round with his lightsaber, trying to stab it through the guard of the larger warrior if he were still there before sweeping low and going for his legs.

This was off to a fun start, no push over at all, as the bits of wood flew at star she merely raised a hand to block them and incinerate the buts. Course that barely tool her attention as she glanced back to the jetii and met her advance with a battle cry blades meeting in a spark and fit of the sabers colliding as she spun around catching the next shot and pushed with vappad, choosing the aggressive stance mixed with her unique blades she swung from one side then stabbed with the other intending to catch that saber and slice at the jedis side not intending to kill her more less a predator playing with its food

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY LIVES YOU PLAYED WITH?! HOW MANY YOU DAMNED AND TRADED LIKE A MERE CREDIT! DO YOU REMEMBER THEIR NAMES AND FACES?! I HOPE YOU DO!

Star poured her hatred and rage for slavers into her strikes, intending on overwhelming the jetii
Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural

When the padawan did their charge Skorvek quickly changed from a walk to a brisk jog using his long legs to quick close the distance with them sooner then the Padawan probably wanted as he leaped over his swing and landed behind him he used his telekinesis to channel a shockwave of force energy into his feet to send a repulse like blast at close range at the padawan with the intent of sending him flying again into the flora of the swamp, followed by a wide wave of dark purplish lightning, he also reached into the plant life of the planet it self to unleash roots and vines to try and ensare the padawan or limit there movements.

Surely the padawan of a slaver can do better then a few acrobatic dances, i came for a battle not a dance lesson.

Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom