Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Sith Wyrm-Class Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errant_FLeet.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a Long range Ship Destroyer.
  • Image Source:
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: Technoid
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

norman-gotzinger-screenshot-1239.jpg

STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS

STRENGTHS
  • Capitol Ship-Killer: Gifted with an extremely large arsenal of weaponry, the Sith Wyrm-Class Destroyer easily sports one of the most destructive weapons in the Galaxy. A siege cannon crafted using the technology of a Solar Ionization Engine allows for the weapon to nearly bypass conventional shielding of Capitol ships, and potentially do massive damage. Belting through physical armoring of vessels, it has the potential to do significant damage, or outright "total" a Capital grade vessel.
  • High Ground: Once more, gifted with various Stealth based technologies on board, the Wyrm-Class Destroyers are fully fledged Stealth vessels built to go dark, finding a good vantage point away from the main front of a fleeting conflict, power up the superlaser, and then exit stealth so that it can fire upon a vessel with a higher chance of success. Granting it easy access to reach an advantageous position in the destruction of Capitol Ships.
WEAKNESSES
  • Right Down the Nose: With the triangular shape of the vessels, All guns are facing either forward, or on either side of the Wyrm-Class Destroyers. Thus, having a massive weakness in the back of the ship where the engines are prominently displayed for possible counter attacks, or to be targeted by other vessels that could perform the same job as a Wyrm-Class could.
  • Starfighters Inbound: Unlike other Star Destroyers of its class, The Wyrm-Class sports very little in Anti-Starship weaponry. While there are defensive platforms in the form of Flak Cannons, shielding and Anti-Missile based weaponry, its not so great in targeting or defending against squadrons of fighters. As well as having a lack of a Hangar to support such defensive means of its own attack craft.
  • Double Blind: As with any Stealth Based Technology, going black means that while it cannot be found on various spectrums, it too, cannot see or find other vessels when stealthed. Thus, it will rely on older data of the positioning of ships previous to its time being stealthy. Thus, it could move to what would be considered an advantageous position one minute, but when it comes out of stealth, it finds it is not where it want's to be for a power move upon an enemy.
  • Neck-Chop: Due to the frame of the vessels, a severe weak point in the construction is the Siege Cannon itself. Having to require an open space in which the weapon can be "put away" means that the ship can quite literally be broken in half.
  • O-Zone: Due to the usage of a Solar Ionization based main weapon, utilizing the main cannon upon planetary emplacements would be impossible should they have an O-Zone layer. As the layer refracts and can deflect harmful solar radiation in general, the cannon, while focused, would not be able to break through such layers of the atmosphere. Thus, it cannot be used for orbital bombardments.

norman-gotzinger-screenshot-1240.jpg

DESCRIPTION

Sith Wyrm-Class Destroyers were built for the specific purpose on taking on other Capitol class vessels. Namely, attempting to follow the teachings of a particular Jedi who had the high ground upon his Sith opponent. Utilizing stealth technology so that it could move to an advantageous position. One that would be along the side, or behind an enemy vessel. Allowing time for the Siege cannon to charge up and fire upon the enemy vessels. Namely, being able provide a much easier solution than to enter a fight by heading straight forward, to fight broadside. As a more tactical battleship, it has a severe weakness with its main weapon. Having an extremely thin length that could be easily damaged by other Anti-Capitol vessels. It is the truest expression of a "Glass Cannon."

"Sir, the weapon on this ship makes it rather fragile."
"Yes. I am aware of that Captain."

The captain furrowed his brow at the Lord of Strength. The tall man standing before an assembly line for the construction of this prototype vessel. Sporting a massive amount of weaponry for which can be aimed to take down other capitol vessels. It was built for the purpose of finding a good position, a High ground, or advantageous spot in which the superlaser would be thrown up, and fired at ships ranging anywhere from the smallest to largest of Capitol Grade Vessels.

"What is the projected release of the Sith Wyrnm-Class, Captain?"
"Currently, we have five ready for operations and ready for your disposal."
"I know of them. What I am asking is when can the Warlords have them?"
"Another five would take a couple years Sir."

The onyx helm of the Sith Lord turned to face the man slightly behind but to the side of him. The full frame of the man twisted around as though an Owl moved its body to match the head. Taking a step forward to close the distance between himself and the Captain, Vora looked down upon him. The unwavering stare looked at the captain deeply before speaking in a tone that could only be stated as filled with anger, and annoyance.

"You will begin motions to bring down production to months. These vessels could bring about the Warlords into a powerful position within the Galactic game of Chess. Anything less will not be tolerated. Understood?"
"Y-yes Sir."

Scurrying away like a roche in the light, he went off to begin measures on a fast track to create more vessels for the Warlords.

Last edited:
We have one issue...and it is a rather large one.

This is a super weapon...I cannot allow it in at this time. I know the intention you wished to do but I cannot let this through. I love the idea of having a large laser blast other capital ships but the way it is...I cannot. Please remove this and the weakness associated with it.

If you want to keep this in, my suggestion would be to make a tech item that can work with this in the same intention you desired. But again right now, it must be removed. If not and you need more time, I can throw this back into pre-factory.

Let me know when you wish to do.
Vora Kaar Vora Kaar

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

I am confused as to why Superlazers are considered superweapons. While yes versions of them were used upon a very well known superweapon format, this is not one. Destroy ships? Yes it can do that. Destroy an entire city/Planet? No it cannot. The ship this size wouldn't be able to produce that kind of power with a singular weapons with how this works. In fact, Solar Ionization cannot damage planetary defenses due to how an O-zone layer works.

The weapon mentioned operates much in the same fashion as the Siege Cannon. Which isn't a superweapon. While I understand the concern for such usage, there have been multiple times in which superweapons were extremely downgraded to still fit within the context of starwars, but not be as destructive as the larger counterparts.

Vora Kaar Vora Kaar

It mainly is to do with the Lore. When it was first brought up, it was to create it with the Death Star technology. Since then, it been associated as such as even a Star Destroyer had it with nearly the same effect along with an SSD model.

I am sorry but my stance still remains that it needs to be removed...however.

You do bring up a point with the Siege Cannon so lets make a compromise. Why not change it to that instead? It already is created and gives the same effect you are most likely looking for. You get your superlaser the way it is needed, I do not have to worry about people saying it will destroy a small planetoid. That work out?

Alright splendid! Please note not to destroy continents with it or large bodies of land...keep it to where it should be and do not abuse it.

Two last issues.

• Capitol Ship-Killer: Gifted with an extremely large arsenal of weaponry, the Sith Wyrm-Class Destroyer easily sports one of the most destructive weapons in the Galaxy. A superlaser crafted using the technology of a Solar Ionization Engine allows for the weapon to nearly bypass conventional shielding of Capitol ships, and potentially do massive damage. Belting through physical armoring of vessels, it has the potential to do significant damage, or outright "total" a Capital grade vessel.
Got to rework the strength now that it is done. Change it out so it does not read like that anymore.

Second is to add in an actual ship description with the limitations of what the siege cannon can do. Remove any mentions of super laser and just say the siege cannon and it will do fine.

Let me know when you do all of this.
Vora Kaar Vora Kaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom