Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver Wings

The cat knew about the need to perform general maintenance on her starship and had been doing pretty well at its upkeep. However, her knowledge of the finer details was missing. There was a sudden growling noise from her engine, a cut out of sub-light speed and a planet in front of her.

If there was a camera or anything watching her reaction it would have been similar to what had happened on Charros IV. When faced with about 500 troops and a few tanks, with only six people on her team...she had puffed up her fur and appeared close to the twice the size she normally did.

Her fur puffed up in surprise and she attempted to slow her ship down. Luckily the engines worked, but not the hyperdrive. So the slowdown occurred and she was able to break the atmosphere of this unknown planet. Letting out a general broadcast on her comms, she just hoped whoever answered it wasn't going to shoot her down.

Bringing the ship under control, Ailuros was reminded of her first solo flight. She did much better this time and landed in a field in one piece instead of the ship being in many and her landing with a parachute.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Veradune was a secluded planet. Given the lack of population from the sentient population of Zorrens, and the battle that their ruler, Vulpesen had with forces as evil as the sith empires, it was no wonder that the veran people were quick to arm themselves against the sudden arrival of a stranger. And of course, such an arrival on a remote world would gain the attention of the one incharge of such a world.

Vulpesen looked over at the terminal in his bedroom. A large terminal, only to be used in case of emergency and extremely rare cases which required his attention. A part of him wanted to ignore its blaring and return to his daily routine. But that would hardly be befitting of a planetary ruler, and so he walked over and clicked it on. "Valde Torrevaso, What is it?"

"Sir, we have a visitor. Someone's landed in the Gracin Fields, and we aren't sure what to do with them. They don't seem malevolent, but what wilders we have, have sensed potential within them. It may be to much to ask, but if you wo-" The messenger was cut off as Vulpesen rose his hand and spoke.

"Thank you for your diligence. But I'll handle it from here. Make sure that whoever it is, stays comfortable but doesn't leave, I'll be there shortly." Once his message was acknowledged, the lord of Veradune shut down the transmission before preparing himself. His planet didn't get visitors very often, and every day he worried that he would be found by his enemies. But given the lack of casualties at this newcomer's arrival, and the nature of their distress call, he had a feeling that things wouldn't be so bad.

In the time it took for the natives of the planet to reach her ship, Ailuros was attempting to find out what the issue was on her own. The only thing she was wearing was her belt full of tools. The sword it normally held was on her ship since it wouldn't be needed to repair her ship. There was a single blaster on the belt though.

She was outside her ship climbing into the engine area. Not knowing what the exact issue was or having extensive knowledge on how the innards worked, the cat was at a loss. Taking a moment, she sat back on her rump and noticed the approach of a group of people.

Climbing out of engine compartment, Ailuros hopped down to the ground to openly greet these people. Her tail was up behind her and the tip waved back and forth slightly as she watched them. The whiskers on her face and ears were tilted to show her curiosity and not one bit of her body language was hostile. At least not until any of them indicated they were going to try and fight her.

Being a victim of a malfunction and guest on this world, Ailuros was in a weak position here. At the mercy of fate, she waited to see what was in store for her at the hands of these people.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen had taken the initiative of hopping onto his ship to be taken to the anomaly, joining several fireteams of planetary guards. The moved fast, showing up within minutes as transports were gunned to move as fast as they could over Veradune's multi-terrain surface. Seeing the regional guards already on the Scene, Vulpesen quickly set down to land and join them. "Well, what is it boys?"

"Looks like a feline species sir, cathar or something similar. She is alone, though." The speaking guard motioned bast the small horde of gun toting men towards the ship behind him. "Doesn't seem to be too hostile, but we've taken precautions."

Nodding to his words, Vulpesen patting the man's shoulder. "Good job. Some of y'all fall back. I can handle her, but in case she has friends up above, let's not be too grouped up." Dismissing the soldier, the Vlade strode towards [member="Ailuros"] while the rest of his men dispersed a bit. "Not sure where you're from miss kitty cat, but you're a long way from home."

Whatever welcome she expected, the sight of people dispersing was not one of them. Ailuros was indeed here alone and harmless against these people. Tilting her head when one approached her to speak, he said she was far from home and she nodded at that.

"My ship's hyperdrive went out and luckily it was close to here so I was forced to come in for the unexpected landing."

His approach wasn't hostile and that was a good sign to the cat.

"I am Ailuros and from Trian. Fresh from the Confederacy and off on a mission of learning from my people."

Deciding to be as honest with him, she told him what he needed to know. Right now, she held no allegiance to any government other than her own. That of Trian and they weren't well known across the galaxy. Most choosing to stay home instead of exploring like she did.

[member="Vulpesen"]

As his guest spoke, Vulpesen reached out through the force, using it to examine her. Seeing no deceit in her words, the Valde offered a slight nod and waved his men off, sending them away completely. Once more, Vulpesen had found himself almost baffled with the ways o the force. Off all the places for this woman to end up, it had to be on his planet. "Vulpesen Torrevaso, Valde of Veradune." As he spoke the name of his planet, he spread his arms, displaying their surroundings. "If you need, we may be able to get a repair team out here for you."

[member="Ailuros"]

Her own training in the Force was still rather limited. A path had yet to be found that fit her well and she remained quite neutral. Neither light or dark and almost untrained. Basic skills and some fighting were the limits of her knowledge. A few additional abilities she had learned from certain spirits, but those were not dealing with the Force. Simple rituals were what was needed to call on them and they would lend her aid in whatever she was wanting to accomplish.

She only had a single name at least until she returned home to find a mate and take their surname. Right now she wasn't ready to settle down and so she wandered about the galaxy free and roamed wherever. All in a quest to learn about the galaxy and workings of the various governments.

He introduced him, giving his name, title and a name for a location of the planet they were on. Of course, she had no idea what the title meant or that Veradune was the name of the planet. Or the fact, she was speaking to the king.

"If you are able to do that, it would be appreciated. I can somehow work out payment. What do you need help with here? It reminds me of Trian."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen grinned a bit at her phrasing. If you are able. "Right... Valde isn't exactly a common term is it? To put it simply, I'm the elected king of the planet you're standing on. I can get more than engineers over here. As for payment... that will be easy enough. You're not to tell a single soul about where to find this planet." He was happy to help, but the truth was, his planet's security was still a necessity. A secret worth more than credits.

[member="Ailuros"]

It was clear something she said at least amuzed the man since he was smiling. What he said though surprised her. The way he was treating her was not the way she would have expected a ruler to treat her. He didn't speak down like she was less than sentient or of a lower class. In setting up who he was though, Ailuros figured out Veradune wasn't the name of a location, but the planet itself.

The payment he wanted of her she also found odd, but something easy for her to agree to.

"Considering I really don't have a clue where I am in the galaxy that won't be difficult."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Good. Then come on, let's get back to the city. The wilds of Veradune ain't exactly the safest place." Walking back over to his ship, Vulpesen made the call to bring in a small team of engineers. Generally trained to detect liars, he trusted [member="Ailuros"] to keep ehr word. Of course, that didn't mean he wouldn't be wiping his planet from her nav computers just in case.

The cat fell into step with Vulpesen and noticed right away they both had tails.

"Is yours prehensile too?"

Her ears tilted forward to show she was really curious to know about his tail. Such an odd question to ask, but there were times when just how young she was shined. This was one of them.

Ailuros was also curious about the glowing eyes, but would wait until he answered the first question.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen smiled a bit more as she asked her question. In truth the innocent curiosity brought back memories of a young boy pulling on his Amaran caretaker's tail, asking similar questions. "Slightly. But probably not as much as yours." Curling his tail a bit, he showed that while it might have been able to wrap around things, there was no real strength to it. "But it is good for keeping me warm on cold nights." His boots tapped against the durasteel of his ship's loading ramp as he made his way to sit in the crew lounge.

[member="Ailuros"]

"It certainly comes in handy at times for sure."

There would be a clear sense of almost happiness at not getting reprimanded for asking such a silly question. It wasn't often Ailuros was able to fully express her curiosity and not have repercussions from it.

She watched as he curled his tail a bit to show how prehensile it was and she nodded. It seemed it was able to hold on lightly, but not grip tight. Hers had a little more finer control and could grip many things. Sometimes she could even pick pocket or lift something with it and not have it be noticed. Not that she was planning on any sort of thing right now.

Following him up into ship, she wondered how long the ship repairs would take.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Whistling to get the pilot's attention, Vulpesen headed to the crew lounge where a pair of his guards sat playing dejarik. "Really? not five minutes and y'all are already bored?" He rolled his eyes at her affirmative grunts, and plopped down into one of the chairs, motioning for [member="Ailuros"] to sit next to him. While his focus returned to her, he could sense that her thoughts were still focused behind them. "I'm sure the engineers can probably get you running in a day or two. Three at most."

Knowing what it was like to be thought of as an agent or trooper, Ailuros could sympathize with the men that had been left on the ship.

"I don't think bored is the right expression, sir. Just wanting to relax."

Interjecting what she re​membered from her days past. Those days weren't all that long ago for her, but sometimes seemed like a lifetime. First it had been with the Trianii Rangers, then Jedi Rangers and lastly with the Empire itself until she left them. After that, she had falled into a trap and learned some things from a Daxton Bane. Now free to wander again, she was off exploring. If her ship hadn't malfunctioned, this stop wouldn't have happened.

Being of a curious nature, Ailuros was actually glad it had happened. As she heard the answer provided to her unspoken question, she wondered how he knew her thoughts.

"Are you psychic or something? I didn't speak that question."

[member="Vulpesen"]

One of the guards lifted a hand to point at [member="Ailuros"], though his eyes never left the holoboard. "That one gets it, boss. Besides, you've already whooped our asses enough to prove that we're pomp and ceremony." His point made, he reached down and made his next move, causing his miniature creature to kill that of his opponents.

"It's still nice to see my guards working every now and then so I can avoid losing my other ear in a fight. And you do realize you just opened yourself up to a fork from that k'lor'slug, right?" Even as he spoke, the other guard was moving his pieces into position, causing a look of fear to run over the face of the first. "Told ya." Returning his attention to his guest, Vulpesen offered a small shrug. "Something like that. I learned a long time ago to sense people's overall feelings through the force. Helps me find liars, or those with ulterior motives. And in our line of work, that's a skill that's proven invaluable to say the least. Of course, there is some guesswork necessary. I can't read your mind, only your emotions."

When the guard pointed out she knew how they felt, Ailuros couldn't help but smile just a little. The game they played appeared be something with animals, creatures and the purpose was to kill of the other player's pieces. If the chance was given, she might take a try to learn it.

Looking at Vulpesen as he spoke, she looked back at the game table to see the move happen. His attention turned back to her to answer the question she had asked. Some of her learning had been with the Force, but the cat had yet to find where she belonged.

"Oh I won't lie to you. What happened to your ear?"

One of her twitched as she considered loosing on and she shivered slightly.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Good idea." Everyone always said that. How often they realized that's exactly what liars said. Still, he didn't focus too much on that, even in the short time, [member="Ailuros"] had seemed trustworthy, or at least, harmless. "Sniper on geonosis. Just about took off my head. She was one hell of a fighter, matched me trick for trick." His memory turned to the fight with Triam Akovin. Those dusty sands had almost claimed more than his ear, and to this day, he remembered it as one of his hardest fights. A large part of him wondered how he had managed to even get out of there in one piece.

Behind him, he heard a small bark, and turning his head, he saw Ace's miniscule form padding up to leap into his lap. You're lucky I was there you one-eared idiot. We barely managed to scrape you off that rock. Rolling his eyes, Vulpesen reached down to scratch behind his buddy's ear. Sure Ashlan wolves were sentient, but that didn't stop the azure wolf's leg from comically thumping against his thigh.

"Yeah, I know."

"I've been to Geonesis. Didn't really like it there."

The way he spoke about the woman he fought made her want to learn more. She had been trained to fight, but after leaving Trian, Ailuros had learned there was so much more out there to learn.

Looking down at a little barking noise, the cat saw a tiny, blue canine jump up into the lap of Vulpesen. Tilting her head and an ear, she looked between the two of them.

"Well, I thought me being able to converse with a cat was interesting. It makes sense you two can communicate."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen laughed a bit and brought Ace up to sit on his shoulder. "You think you didn't like it there, at you least you came back intact." Watching his guest's attention shift to Ace then listening to her comment, Vulpesen lifted hand up to scratch his friend behind the ear. "I doubt it's quite the same. Ashlan wolves like Ace here bond with one person and through that bond, we can communicate telepathically. Its come in handy more than once."

[member="Ailuros"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom