Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver Wings

"What do you want me to call you? That is a lot to remember!"

Shaking the hand offered ​with her paw, the cat attempted to give the girl a friendly smile, but very likely ended up showing too many teeth.

"Do you dance too?"

Looking over at the boy,​ Ailuros tilted an ear his way at the huffing noise he made, but smiled anyway.

"Pleased to meet your two kits, Valde. Are they close to the age of trials?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Daella works just fine miss Ailuros!" Upon being asked if she could dance, Daella nodded enthusiastically before hopping up onto a chair, her hands folding into her lap. "I can. Lord Gracin teaches us to dance every Taungsday!" Reaching over the table, she plucked a fruit from one of the places, though she didn't bite into it just yet. "Though we haven't learned to dagger dance yet."

"And you won't until you're closer to your trials which shouldn't be for close to a decade now." Vulpesen sat straight up as his son finally left his shoulders, moving to take a seat beside him.

"But Lord Claymus has been teaching us to fight, which is a lot more fun!" Having gotten over not being able to introduce himself, the youngest male of the Torrevaso family was once again showing a face of joy while he started to pile his plate with a bit of meat.

[member="Ailuros"]

"I can also dance with a blade, but not a dagger dance I don't think..."

​Taking a bite of her food, she saw the joyous look on boy's face and smiled at him.

"Now that is something I can agree with! I'm starving and so much meat."

Looking at Vulpesen, she tilted her head slightly and the tip of her tongue stuck out as she finished chewing her bite and swallowed it.

"What are these trials?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vallen smiled brightly and continued to eat. "Claymus said a warrior needs to eat. It keeps us fuelled and ready for battle." Having said his peace, the boy focused on his food while his sister sat silently, listening to the two adults. While a bit energetic, they had been taught certain matters. They would speak to satisfy their curiosity, something highly encouraged by their father and especially their grandmother, but there was a time for silence when your elders were in discussion.

"Lord Claymus, son. The trials are the way in which a zorren goes from that," Vulpesen motioned to his children then to himself, "to this. Essentially, when they come of age, we'll throw them into the forests where they'll either die, or evolve into their trialed form. They' get my claws, fangs, joints, and eyes. The only thing they won't receive is tails." Looking over his kids, Vulpesen watched as they ate, taking a moment to admonish them and ensure that they took proper portions. "I'm fairly confident they'll make it when the time comes."

[member="Ailuros"]

"I agree with him. Maybe we can practice sometime before my ship gets fixed. Both dancing and fighting."

​Tilting an ear in the direction of Vulps when he started speaking, he had her attention by the time he finished.

"We don't have any such trials. Just grow up, but everybody needs to spend some time in the military. It's done really early in life though. In fact by the time of my age, most of my people are already married and have kittens of their own."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vallen smiled brightly, nodding joyfully at the idea posed by the furred woman. Daella as well seemed happy at the idea of having a new dance partner. "During the trials, our bodies must adapt to the harsh condition, which leads to a sort of rapid evolution or metamorphosis." Already, Vulpesen had nearly finished his food, the wolfish appetite of a fully grown zorren having taken its toll on his plate.

[member="Ailuros"]

Neither of the kids said anything to her suggestion, but they at least seemed interested and Ailuros didn't pursue the conversation. There would be time to do that after eating. While she didn't have the same eating needs, it was clear she knew how to eat.

"Do they eat the same as you or still human?"

Supposing she could have asked the kids, she tilted that moving ear in their direction in case they answered.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"The trials make us stronger, but we get hungrier to keep up with it. At least, that's what Dad and Lord Claymus always say," Vallen said, this time emphasizing the point of his instructor being a lord. "We can't really eat most kinds of chocolate, or a few other foods, but for the most part, we're about as hungry as most people. At least, that's what dad says." Finished with his explanation, the Veran prince continued with his meal, his sister joining him with little else to add.
[member="Ailuros"]

"Oh, I see."

Hiding a smile at the tone of voice he used when he accented the lord part of the name with a bite of food, she had a difficult time not laughing. Remembering what it was like to be that age, she understood the boy really well.

"Yeah chocolate doesn't do me any good either."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Pushing his plate forward, Vulpesen leaned back in his seat, his eyes moving momentarily between his children who now focused mainly on their food. "Unfortunately, chocolate can make us quite sick. however, i have heard tales of a sort of chocolate found here on Veradune that is non-toxic to Zorrens. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to find such a plant yet, so we aren't completely sure as to whether or not it actually exists."

[member="Ailuros"]

"Do you think they would like the cat mint I have? I promise it won't hurt them since it doesn't hurt me at all."

Her paw moved to take the bag out of the pouch on her belt and she looked at Vulps for permission.

"It's not addictive either...just a natural herb."

Wondering what kinds of plants here there were to try, the tip her tail swayed slightly in thought.

@Vulpesen

"I don't see why not. But only a little bit." Vulpesen stretched out a bit, his tail lashing behind him. As soon has he had given his permission, Daella and Vallen both perked up, staring at Ailuros in anticipation. "Can't say I've ever really seen Catmint." Then, with a wave of his hand, Vulpesen motioned for several servants to come over, picking up the uneaten dishes and bringing them away, to get out of the way of the Torrevasos and their guest.
[member="Ailuros"]

With a very large grin that probably showed most of her teeth, Ailuros finished taking the bag out of her pocket.

"This is called catmint and it makes me feel really good. Happy and calm at the same time. A bonus is it's not a drug in the sense of many other things and is totally natural. I bet you may even have something similar that grows here."

If they didn't she could leave them some seeds to try and reproduce the plant for them.

"Would you care for some time, Valde?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom