Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver Wings

"Well, yes, I've come back in one piece from all the places I've been. A few close calls, some singed fur, shock and trauma, but nothing serious. Not like loosing an ear."

It was something Ailuros had noticed. His messing ear. In hearing what he said about the little wolf, she nodded.

"Yes, totally different. Not telepathic at all."

The cat spoke with a slight lisp due to her over sized eye teeth, but still could be understood easily.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"I wish I could say I came back in one piece. But besides the ear, no telling how much of me is scattered around the galaxy, bit by bit." Hearing the phrasing of ehr response, he liften a brow. "Was I wrong in my assumption. I've never really known a lot of trianii personally, most of them just being business associates from my younger days." His time in the tutelage of master Zarro had taught Vulpesen many things about many races. However, he'd never heard of a telepathic cat. Not by means of racial traits at least.

[member="Ailuros"]

The cat almost giggled at the reply she got from Vulpesen when mentioning body parts. Nothing for sure beyond his ear, but other bits might be scattered around. She was young and innocent, but growing out of that part pretty quickly.

"So you have kits?"

She was getting on in age where she should start thinking of settling down, but there was so much in the galaxy to see, do and learn. Ailuros was not ready and in a way she didn't think ever would be.

"You were right and I agreed with you."

[member="Vulpesen"]

[member="Ailuros"]' question caused Vulpesen to stiffen, and reflexively, he shut down his presence in the force, placing every thought and feeling into a box deep inside of his mind. However, as quickly as the high alert came, it was gone, and Vulpesen relaxed a bit in his seat. "Twins. Seven years old." It wasn't often that the Valde spoke of his children, and they were often hidden from the public eye, offered an opportunity to live somewhat normal lives. Soon after he spoke, the pilot would speak from the cockpit, noting that they were about to land in Zorros City.

When Vulps told her the age of his twins, Ailuros let out a gasp and a smile.

"You must have been very young. Not saying that is a bad thing at all. My parents were young when they had my older brother. Even want me to settle down, but there is just so much to learn. I'm not ready."

There was a sense of her​ be stubborn when she said that last part.

She didn't notice the change in him when she asked and when he answered. It had been an innocent question and he had answered her.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Not as young as you would think, Zorrens age considerably slower than humans once we've undergone the trials. I'm actually thirty years old." It helped that he had grown up around Amarans, faces unlike his own with little to compare to. Still, the Amaran lifespan was easily comparable to a human, and he could notice the changes that occured in his friends and family over the years. But now, with his heritage fully revealed, it was still odd to look in the mirror and see the same face from nearly ten years ago when his trial had happened.

[member="Ailuros"]

"Oh, I see! You're certainly younger looking. That's good though. It must take ages to get older. Trianii are like humans."

Shrugging her shoulders, it was just nature that did.

"They aren't exactly kits anymore. They are almost half grown up."

At eighteen she was considered an adult. So going off that, his kits were almost half way there.

"Why does the galaxy compare almost everything to humans?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Given that I can live thousands of years now, I expect I won't look noticeably older until many of my friends have passed into the force. Though, i suppose you're right about my kids. Still, they have much to learn." In hearing her question, Vulpesen found himself pausing for a bit before answering. "Probably because they're everywhere. Theres a human in just about every civilized system. Also, I generally compare to them because until about seven years ago, I thought I was one." From the cockpit, his pilot announced an imminent landing, and sitting in his seat, Vulpesen could feel the change as The Vixen started to descend.
[member="Ailuros"]

Her ears tilted off to the sides when he said he would outlive his friends and her whiskers dropped slightly. It was a sad thought to outlive everybody one knew. At the thought of the age of his children though, Ailuros perked back up.

"Can they fight yet? By the time I was seven I could fight tooth, claw and tail. Then I was handed a sword."

The hilt of a sword would be seen in her belt and her hand caressed it lightly. Even thought it was considered a weapon, it was also a tool. That hand fell away quickly and she blinked at him in surprise.

"How? You have a tail, glowing eyes and ears that clearly aren't human."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"They've both got more advisors and teachers that I dreamed of growing up with. And several of those instructors are masters of the fighting forms that they've been teaching them. Of course, that will probably become necessary when they're old enough to undergo their trials." Given the warrior culture of his people, it only made sense that the Valde's children would be taught in a plethora of fighting styles. Sadly, it was something Vulpesen hadn't grown up in. However, as much as he would have enjoyed it, he did feel that it would make his children far more capable than he when they grew up to take take his place on the galactic stage. "Speaking of trials, a Zorren only appears as I do after they undergo a month in the wilds. Until the trial, there's little difference between ourselves and humans." With a small lurch, the Vixen landed and behind them, the ramp would open up to reveal the royal landing platform, just outside of the large Temple where the Valde and other members of the upper government resided.

[member="Ailuros"]

She wondered what it was like to have advisors and special tutors for everything. Having grown up with her community and taught by her family, Ailuros had no idea how his culture did things.

"I bet they can fight tooth, claw and tail too..."

He​ then said his people looked human until they went through some trials and then changed into he was. Which meant those kits did not have the tails yet.

"Oh I see."

The cat had been in a royal palace once before. More like a castle, but it was still built for nobility. There was no mistake they landed at such a location here. Holding her tail up behind her and her ears tipped forward, her body wanted to go run out to see what there was, but she held herself back.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Stepping down the ramp, Vulpesen headed to the main building, his tail flicking out lightly behind him while his men filtered out of the ship. In truth, it was still odd for him to suddenly be surrounded by an entire squad who's sole mission was to keep him alive. But with over a year of dealing with this formality, he had managed to at least get used to their presence. "I'm sure crashing must be hungry work. How about a meal miss [member="Ailuros"]?" Upon hearing the valde's words, one of his men was already calling in to have a meal prepared, just in case she accepted the offer.

She followed him off the ship and tried to pay attention to everything going on around her at the same time. Failing in doing that, Ailuros turned her head when Vulpesen asked if she was hungry.

"When...Yes, I am hungry."

While she generally ate a​s much meat as possible and avoided greens, if they served her a salad she wasn't going to complain about it. She seriously hoped the food had lots of meat though.

"Would you care for some cat mint?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Good to hear." Placing his hands in his pockets, Vulpesen strode into the main hall, smiling as men were already bringing out covered plates to the long table. As each plate was uncovered, there was a multitude of different foods. From fowl, to beast. Ailuros, wanting meat, would find no shortage of choices among the various platters. Of course, there was also a plethora of colorful fruits and vegetables, each of which was placed on Vulpesen's plate in a small portion until it was piled with a rainbow of different foods. While there was a large selection to choose from, it was notable that each plate held fairly small portions, as to not waste food on the two that had entered the room. "Thank you, but I think I'll be alright. Please, take whatever you want and don't worry about eating all of it. I'm sure the guards will be happy to take whatever we don't place on our own plates.

[member="Ailuros"]

She eagerly followed him into the main hall where the smell of various meats greeted her nose. If her mouth could have watered, she would have been drooling. The cat's eyes lit up as she gazed at everything in front of them.

Leaving off anything she thought of as rabbit food, she took only what she thought could eat. If Ailuros was hungry after a plate, she was sure there would be more to pick from.

He declined her offer for the mint and she accepted that. Not everybody could appreciate the weed properly, so that just meant more for her.

"Thank you again."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Not a problem at all. We of Veradune are happy to share what we can with those in need." Despite the generous amount of food that he had piled onto his place, Vulpesen had already managed to take in quite a bit of food. It was one of the few things he hated about being a zorren. As a jedi, he had learned to eat on small rations, surviving for months at a time despite the feeling of starvation that came with getting the bare minimum. It was the way of war. But now, as a zorren, he found that his time in space was often spent with the reminder that food was an necessity for his increased metabolism. "So, where were ya headed?"
[member="Ailuros"]

In a way, they sounded like her, but not entirely. The cat was young and could be swayed one way or the other pretty easily. Still of neutral alignment within the Force though, she did have some training. This wasn't as important now though to her.

She had come from Trian to the Rangers with the Silver's and then to Galactic Empire. Once she had learned some of each government, she moved on. For a while now she had been staying with Daxton Bane who was teaching her of fighting and the Force.

Vulpesen asked where she had been headed and it had been on a mission from Daxton. Chewing on her food, she gave it a thought on what to say. Deciding it was best to tell the truth that is what she did.

"Beris."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Beris... Can't say I've ever been there." Vulpesen lifted another bite to his lips, only to pause, his ears flicking to the patter of footsteps. Light but rapid, they dashed towards him and he managed to make out a second pair as well. "Speaking of kits..."

"Daddy!" A pair of young children, a boy and a girl, ran up and jumped at the Valde, wrapping their arms around him and nearly knocking him from his chair. The boy held on his face a wild grin and tousled dark brown hair, much like his father's. At his was it, was strapped an elegant dagger, secured firmly in its sheath while his arms wrapped around the taller zorren's neck. And with him, a girl with snow white hair and silver eyes whose arms were wrapped around her father's waist. A pair of silvery eyes looked over to find [member="Ailuros"], a striking difference from the horde of golden eyes the woman had seen so far. "Hi, who are you?"

"If you have a galaxy map I can show you!"

Her tail wagged slightly ​when she offered this and there was some excitement in her tone. Both of their ears turned at the sounds of steps and Ailuros turned her head to watch two human children come in. Tilting her head slightly and looking a little confused, before she could speak, the girl asked who she was.

"I am Ailuros. Who are you?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen was going to answer he suggestion, before the sudden intrusion. Now, he was simply busy trying not to let his food clatter to the floor as the pair of young zorrens made their entrance. At being asked as to her name, Daella sprung off from the ground, moving over the table to land beside Ailuros, displaying her training in the force. "Daella Arrenrais Torrevaso, Valkit of Veradune, and wilder initiate of the Vitae Sect!" Her voice came out loud and quick, her title coming wit a practice ease that came after hours of diplomatic teachers having pounded it into her head. Beaming brightly, she offered a hand up to Ailuros, her chest puffed out proudly. "Oh, and that's my brother, Vallen. Same title." She pointed over to the boy who huffed a bit, robbed the chance of introducing himself.

"Daeeellla!"

[member="Ailuros"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom