Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Silver Solarite Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create new and different types of material
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: My Subs
  • Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Exotic Material
  • Weight: Extremely Heavy
  • Color: Prismatic
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Extreme
    • Kinetic: Extreme
    • Lightsabers: Extreme
    • Sonic: None
    • Disruptor: None
    • EMP/ION: None
    • Elemental: Very High
    • Force: Extreme
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Powerhouse: Designed by the force workers and Artisans of Sasori and the Jadeite using research into vergences and how they are formed around locations. Usually darkside locations quickly but lightside with time and commitment. Artifically stoking a vergence in a jedi temple to get older.
  • Force Channeling: Designed to be almost living, the stone feeds and is fed through a series of small tubes that feed into the Choushin Uneti at the heart of the temples a nutrient stream. The force enhancement is meant to channel and focus the latent vergences created in jedi temples from gatherings and stoke them into larger nexi within the contained area.
  • Effect:
    • Strong Protective Force Enhanced Qualities
    • Quasi-Sentient Building from living stone
    • Channels and focuses vergences within (effects vary by location sub)
    • Radiates Strong Lightside Presence
STRENGTHS
  • Exotic Matter: Altered at the molecular level and force enhanced to be force enhanced to be highly protective.
  • Self Repairing: Designed like a Quellian ship the stone will repair itself over time and depending on the level of damage done it can take a few minutes (scuffs) to week, months or years (slagging)
WEAKNESSES
  • Exotic Particles: Largely unknown and not seen in the galaxy before. It isn't invincible nor is it really strong but it reacts violently near dark and anti-matter which can disrupt and destroy it or even cause it to rupture and disintegrate.
  • Self Repairing: Smelted into the stone so that it can over time reform and repair itself from surface damage that doesn't shatter the stone. If the stone it broken it will seal itself and not be as jagged but it will still be broken.
  • Agena: Designed with the Agena to flow through the stone. Nano sized tubes that allow it to form and feed into the tree.
  • Force Nullification: Imbued with the force and lightside to a powerful degree. Force nullification, void stone, dampening can remove many of the effects and weaken the stone. Powerful darkside techniques can do much the same.
  • Organic: The living stone of the lamina and materia provide a quasi sentience to the stone itself. Making it aable to feel pain and transfer it through the connection to the other stone and tree itself.
  • Radiates the Lightside of the force like a beacon alerting others to its location.
DESCRIPTION
Designed and created by Matsu and Krass as part of the restoration and reconstruction of the silver rest.... and then some to go with Mi'la Undari Mi'la Undari and her plan for restoring many of the outposts across silver space. The stone is made to focus, channel and contain vergences in the force created by jedi. Allowing them to improve the design of temples so that they are better able to connect with the jedi within. Using the trees planted at the heart of a temple and extending outwards a nutrient fluid flows through the stones and temple itself. The jedi designs that have gone into the creation and construction of it imbue a great deal of the force and lightside allowing it to have better properties that can be intolerable to the darkside of the force and its users.

Last edited:
Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

This is a very ambitious if confusing submission.

I'm going to go through it highlighting some problem areas and some areas that need clarification.

Force Nexus

There are elements of the submission that read heavily like the submission contains a force nexus.

Lightside Aura: The choushin design is meant to make sure this is a lightside temple. it radiates the lightside of the force to repel darksiders from entering and most who touch the darkside feel sick when within proximity.
Force Channeling: Designed to be almost living, creating the force around it and channeling the nexus of the silver rest into the very stone like a lifestream.

While I know that it isn't your intent to create a nexus here, the wording involved is quite confusing, especially when it further is stated that
  • Force Channeling: Designed to be almost living, creating the force around it and channeling the nexus of the silver rest into the very stone like a lifestream.
Could you clarify what exactly your intent is? This is not a material that has resided in a nexus for some time and though that has developed some abilities but rather a living thing in its own right that can shape the force around it. x

Psychic material

The original description of the metal, which you have included in your submission, describes the stone as existing within a pocket dimension which Sunn-Childe claimed was made up of psychic material. However, you're ascribing several abilities to this psychic metal that aren't borne out through the sources provided.

Exotic Matter: The ethereal nature of the metal makes it near weightless despite being and looking dense within the pocket dimension of dream. In realspace it can be grasped and there is a steady supply able to be used by Krass. When smelted with other materials it can create a much stronger effect. Being grated with veins of the amnioid fluid that flows through the stone like blood in the body.

Do you mean by this that the material is weightless in real space? Or it gains weight in real space? Also, if it's a psychic material, how does it retain its form and capabilities when it's brought into real space and separated from the psychic dimension where it's birthed? Since the City of Dreams existed in the pocket dimension I can understand the abilities it possesses as a manifestation of Sunn-Childe's will, however, to exist separately from a will like that and to permanently exist in realspace would mean the creation of energy and matter, or at least converting energy into matter in an immense scale. Not just that, but granting it all manner of abilities.

Physics Meet Metal bat: Being from the dream pocket dimension the metal has unique properties generated and made by Krass. in this case it is psychoreactive and able to be bonded to a single person. That person can then bring it to them like they were holding a massive magnet with the range being hard to determine as they have to be able to sense and feel it.

Do you have canon sources for a psychic material maintaining this level of bonding when brought into the real world and separated from its source?

What's more, you talk about using this material to create outposts across Silver Space::

Designed and created by Matsu and Krass as part of the restoration and reconstruction of the silver rest.... and then some to go with Mi'la Undari Mi'la Undari Mi'la Undari Mi'la Undari and her plan for restoring many of the outposts across silver space.

It shares a mitochondrial cell connecting the ships, temples, locations to the mother and are organelles that will take in nutrients then break them down and create energy rich molecules for the tree.

This would separate it further from it's source and from Matsu who generated it in the first place. As you describe it:

Force Nullification: Composed of solidified energy from a pocket dimension. Within a force nullification field it becomes heavy. The molecular structure is super dense but able to skirt and not adhere to physics like gravity normally. Without the force to preform this it becomes almost impossibly heavy to lift.

You talk about how it can skirt the laws of physics, but, outside of specific examples such as the psychic pocket dimension, mostly materials don't ignore the rules of physics, but rather use the Force to circumvent them. Is that what you mean here? In that case, perhaps you could more clearly spell out the capabilities of the material and their basis.

The Tree

If this is a material, what is the purpose of this Uneti tree? I'm not sure I understand what it is you're trying to do here and the purpose of this. As I read it the tree creates a blood flow of energy through the stone. But, what is the purpose of this? And how does this relate to the other outposts that you mention using this stone in?

Also you mention the following:

The bonding process with the lightside means that the tree itself can connunicate like a kyber crystal and actively resist darksiders within its proximity.

Once again, this sounds a lot like a Force Nexus.

The Amnioid

It it like a circulatory system that keeps the techno-organic systems of the ship flowing and feeds into the seedlings that are being grown for tree. It shares a mitochondrial cell connecting the ships, temples, locations to the mother and are organelles that will take in nutrients then break them down and create energy rich molecules for the tree.

Once again, I'm very confused as to what you're trying to achieve here. Are you saying that the various locations that use the stone are somehow connected to the Uneti tree located in Silver Rest and are in essence harvesting nutrients for the tree to use? This raises a whole other question of how? What is the canon source behind this. Although the Force is capable of teleportation, or creating a transport network like that utilised by the Lothal Wolves, such a system wasn't touched on before in this submission.

But, this nutrient system you describe is not how the Amnioid was described in the sources you provided.

According to the Wookie article on Lema Xandret " In order to make the droids unique and highly adaptive, she put her very essence into them in the form of red liquid." The article on the Hexes or Fastbreeders themselves mentions "The droids were instilled with a remnant of Lema Xandret, known as an amnioid, which gave them life-like qualities."

At no point is the circulatory system you have ascribed to the Amnioid mentioned. Do you have a source for this? Or are you looking to expand upon the canon creation?

The main issue I have right now is I don't understand what you're trying to do with this submission. While it starts as a material it also has elements of a location sub mixed in. The abilities of the stone also appear to be plentiful and powerful, far more than any other material I've seen on the board.

Once you've had a chance to look through the submission and clarify exactly what it is it does and what you're aiming for please tag me back.

John Locke John Locke

There are elements of the submission that read heavily like the submission contains a force nexus.
While I know that it isn't your intent to create a nexus here, the wording involved is quite confusing, especially when it further is stated that
  • Force Channeling: Designed to be almost living, creating the force around it and channeling the nexus of the silver rest into the very stone like a lifestream.
Could you clarify what exactly your intent is? This is not a material that has resided in a nexus for some time and though that has developed some abilities but rather a living thing in its own right that can shape the force around it. x
No it is not a nexus but it is meant to basically harness and channel the force into a nexus. Like a framework in the foundation.

Psychic material

The original description of the metal, which you have included in your submission, describes the stone as existing within a pocket dimension which Sunn-Childe claimed was made up of psychic material. However, you're ascribing several abilities to this psychic metal that aren't borne out through the sources provided.
Do you mean by this that the material is weightless in real space? Or it gains weight in real space? Also, if it's a psychic material, how does it retain its form and capabilities when it's brought into real space and separated from the psychic dimension where it's birthed? Since the City of Dreams existed in the pocket dimension I can understand the abilities it possesses as a manifestation of Sunn-Childe's will, however, to exist separately from a will like that and to permanently exist in realspace would mean the creation of energy and matter, or at least converting energy into matter in an immense scale. Not just that, but granting it all manner of abilities.
Do you have canon sources for a psychic material maintaining this level of bonding when brought into the real world and separated from its source?

Not an official source, I have from when I started making the material Solarite me and the judge worked on it and came up with a reasonable balance to it. The pocket dimension manifests thoughts and forms it as energy which we reasoned and went with to explain force imbuing as force energy. It it just condensed and made solid and since it is exotic and wouldn't normally exist in that form it has no weight unless in the presence of something that disrupts the force which makes it explosive or super heavy. The attributes I am ascribing to it was partially stretched as the dream space could go into real space which was how it got more people and reaching it could be done as imperial ships got through to it when it reverted at one point.

You talk about how it can skirt the laws of physics, but, outside of specific examples such as the psychic pocket dimension, mostly materials don't ignore the rules of physics, but rather use the Force to circumvent them. Is that what you mean here? In that case, perhaps you could more clearly spell out the capabilities of the material and their basis.

I can work to clean it up and make it more clear yes.

The Tree

If this is a material, what is the purpose of this Uneti tree? I'm not sure I understand what it is you're trying to do here and the purpose of this. As I read it the tree creates a blood flow of energy through the stone. But, what is the purpose of this? And how does this relate to the other outposts that you mention using this stone in?

The Uneti is part of temples. A generally force sensitive tree iconic to the jedi and able to function like a heart to the temple. The roots extend and the energy flows through the stone like a loop that extends it. It builds on the framework idea and intention above to channel a nexus which would be in the location sub.

Once again, I'm very confused as to what you're trying to achieve here. Are you saying that the various locations that use the stone are somehow connected to the Uneti tree located in Silver Rest and are in essence harvesting nutrients for the tree to use? This raises a whole other question of how? What is the canon source behind this. Although the Force is capable of teleportation, or creating a transport network like that utilised by the Lothal Wolves, such a system wasn't touched on before in this submission.

But, this nutrient system you describe is not how the Amnioid was described in the sources you provided.

According to the Wookie article on Lema Xandret " In order to make the droids unique and highly adaptive, she put her very essence into them in the form of red liquid." The article on the Hexes or Fastbreeders themselves mentions "The droids were instilled with a remnant of Lema Xandret, known as an amnioid, which gave them life-like qualities."

At no point is the circulatory system you have ascribed to the Amnioid mentioned. Do you have a source for this? Or are you looking to expand upon the canon creation?

The main issue I have right now is I don't understand what you're trying to do with this submission. While it starts as a material it also has elements of a location sub mixed in. The abilities of the stone also appear to be plentiful and powerful, far more than any other material I've seen on the board.

No the outposts are not harvesting from the main rest. Each one functions on their own world and the tree extends into the stone making the flow as stated above.... THe amnioid fluid is what pulses through the stone and in the book it pumps through the droids giving them a semi organic design which they release small silver tendrils to harvest resources and materials to build more of themselves. When grandmaster shan immobilizes them she connects to the fluid to stall them and keep them at bay because she can connect to it. I would call it more a circulatory system for lack of a better description as the fluid moves through the droid bodies and gives them their life like qualities. If you would like me to make another sub to modify the fastbreeders I can and make it though the agena sub functions like that as well. Though that one is older and needs some touch ups.

Hopefully that works to answer questions but I am all for working this out, cleaning it up and making sure it is clarified.

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Nexus

So what you're saying is that the stones will funnel the force to create a nexus around them?

That is...not how Nexi work:

"Such nexuses could be caused by any number of different events. Korriban in general and the Valley of the Dark Lords specifically were nexuses of the dark side of the Force due to the long-term presence of the Sith Lords, Nam Chorios was a nexus of the Force due to the omnipresence of the Tsils, a form of life; Vjun was a nexus of the dark side due to the horrible events of its past, the Dark Side Cave on Dagobah and a spot in orbit over Endor were tainted by the death of dark side users, Byss was a nexus of the dark side of the Force because it housed Palpatine's clones and his various Sith alchemy experiments and the Force energies sucking the lives on the planet." (Wookie)

You can't just artificially create a nexus because of the stones interacting with the force, if that were true then everywhere the stones went a nexus would be created, which comes back to the mobile nexi, which we don't allow. The stones might be alchemized to have a certain effect, but they can't create a nexus.

Psychic Material

Not an official source, I have from when I started making the material Solarite me and the judge worked on it and came up with a reasonable balance to it. The pocket dimension manifests thoughts and forms it as energy which we reasoned and went with to explain force imbuing as force energy. It it just condensed and made solid and since it is exotic and wouldn't normally exist in that form it has no weight unless in the presence of something that disrupts the force which makes it explosive or super heavy. The attributes I am ascribing to it was partially stretched as the dream space could go into real space which was how it got more people and reaching it could be done as imperial ships got through to it when it reverted at one point.

As you know, the factory doesn't work on precedent, all that matters is this sub here. However, that explanation doesn't make any sense to me. The City of Dreams exists solely due to the abilities of Cody Sunn-CHilde, granted to him by the flame of the M'usts. It can't be harvested and treated like real matter after that, and certainly can't be treated as force energy made solid. According to wookie, the Falson and the IMperials arrived in dream space via a rift in space.

As I said, the better way to treat this would be to alchemize or imbue the stone to give it the properties you want it to have rather than to ascribe it to it's existence as exotic psychic matter.

Abilities

I definitely think that clearly listing out the abilities of the stone should be a really good idea, it's too vague and all over the place right now.

Uneti Tree

Artificially created nexi are still a no as I mentioned earlier but more than that, this is a stone sub, not a location sub. The Uneti tree has no place here. This is a material submission, not a location sub so it should focus on the Stones and their features.

Amnioid

I think we're going to need a sub for this since you're talking about thins that aren't covered in the wookie article. While it might be shown in a comic or a book, I can't say I'm aware of that and can only go by the article provided. However, what does this have to do with the stones? This seems to be something that should be included in the larger submission, a ship or temple rather than the stone submission since the amnioid has nothing to do with the stones or its features.

John Locke John Locke

So what you're saying is that the stones will funnel the force to create a nexus around them?

No the stones don't create it, they will focus it, contain it but the nexi would have already been there this would be doing what other structures on nexi do.

"all hypotheses put forward showed great flaws. Vergences could appear anywhere in the galaxy and varied in size, from entire planets to a single room. Many vergences in the Force appeared at locations with a strong history of its presence—where Force users gathered, or great tragedies occurred. The laws of time and space did not confine a vergence, as they could exist outside it. Vergences could exist for a single moment in history, or be maintained for millennia. They could grow and expand, or diminish completely. Not all vergences were the same; some encouraged certain abilities, such as giving visitors visions, or strengthening psychokinetic ability."

The stones would be put in a place where they have had force users gathering. The vergence that would be created over time from them like
"Over the millennia the city of Knossa took shape on the mountain slopes and fields that surrounded the Temple, and the city quickly became the heart of the Order on Ossus. With so many Jedi meditating at the site for millennia, the Eye of Ashlanae became a power vergence within the Force, making it the ideal cultural center for the Order's members."

It is artifically building up something that would naturally occur slightly faster which a vergence isn't bound by the laws of time so in theory the stones might not even be needed and the nexi in the area could become powerful or disappear entirely.

Creating a vergence though is possible and has been shown throughout the years
Andeddu's Keep
Sanctum Celestial
Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center
Granted it is easier with the darkside of the force since you just need to create atrocities to create them faster but the lightside with enough jedi coming and going can do much the same.

The stones would also serve ass a perimeter similar to the stones of Qel-Droma's Grave where they were set up to mark the edges of the darkside vergence created in a lightside vergence of knossa.

The stones might be alchemized to have a certain effect, but they can't create a nexus.
I have no problem force imbuing the stone to work the effects.

Uneti Tree

Artificially created nexi are still a no as I mentioned earlier but more than that, this is a stone sub, not a location sub. The Uneti tree has no place here. This is a material submission, not a location sub so it should focus on the Stones and their features.
Alright

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

That's a lot better, just a few things.

I'm still not entirely sure what the stone's abilities are. Could you list these in the features section? For example, you mention it's weightless but I'm not sure how.

Why is the Uneti tree still listed as a strength? It's not a part of the metal but a separate entity, so should be included in the location submission not the material submission.

Finally, can you provide any canon basis for the artificial stoking or strengthening of a nexus? I've never heard or read about the ability to have a building that influences or increases the strength of a naturally occurring nexus?

John Locke John Locke yes there is and I do wish it was better explained in the movies and wookiee.

Takodana was the site of a battle between the jedi and the sith the result of the battle being a vergence whcih is why initially there was a temple built on the site that would later become Maz Kanata's. Now the purpose of the temple is first really talked about in Force Collector as a place where the jedi brought the ashes of fallen jedi which made the vergence of the force itself stronger. The interred jedi over time making what would have been likely just a small impression stronger and more oppressive.

The uneti I kept in mostly because it is important to the stone but I can remove it from the strength and have the others edits made.

and this is mostly for the record but Mist-Weavers actually could solidify the force for use it came up in other citing of sources and research but applies to the cases here but I already altered it.

also I just realized what I did (didn't fix) having the designation as extremely heavy but also weightless. Removed the weightless from the sub

and now edits should be done pending your decision based off of what I have presented.

Changlog Edits:

Since this was posted the sub Choushin Uneti was approved which has been added since the stone feeds into it.

Last edited:
Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

That's much clearer thank you.

I just have one question and then I think we're sorted. The information you provide is all about actions or living people affecting a Nexus, for examples the actions of the Jedi, or the light side element that is left with their remains. Do you have an actual example of a building that does this?

It seems to me that it's life that affects the force, so the presence and actions of the Uneti tree are what will affect the nexus more than the stones themselves which provide the tree with protection as well as a path for it's roots to grow through. if this is the case, then mentioning the effect in the Uneti sub was the correct place instead of the stone sub. Unless I've misunderstood it?

John Locke John Locke

Life can change it or actions, lightside vergences are usually supported and improved by living things being there which is why the uneti and Lamina function together. It is kind of a loop. The stone is living with the lamina so there is life affecting the force and the uneti gives it a heart and it circles around with the agena (which has a sub mod request to alter it) It may not be alive alive able to outright talk like Mount Sorrow which was a talking living mountain fully sentient... but it as a location will have more consciousness. Which now will need to be used in the location subs where this is used. To answer your initial question of an example of a building doing it... most darkside ones in the construction with the slavery and the death were tainted from it at least the ones like the sanctum celestial which wasn't on a known darkside world but became a vergence after its construction but the city itself was largely unaffected just cold in the comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom