Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver Jedi Order Dom of Charros IV: Yo ho Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me

arid_planet_by_bs4711-d3fpsfu.jpg

Aboard the SSV Dawn’s Grace on approach to Charros IV.

ZXDmlmR.png

Space, the cold void between planets, between stars and moons. It was the great void that separated the galaxy, the gap that people always felt the need to bridge, to cross. From the day that any species stepped out of the caves of their past and looked around their gaze was inexorably drawn upwards to the dark of the night sky, to the stars that twinkled high above. The sight had a draw upon the soul, a =n intensity which appealed to the romantic, the poet hiding inside each person. However, as science developed the truth revealed itself, space was cold and unforgiving, a darkness that shrouded planets like a cloak, it was deadly and unforgiving…and still that draw, almost a longing lit the souls of species. Despite the dangers, the risks they built metal tubes powered b explosions, by whatever they could to travel the darkness, sailors coursing through the darkness. Yet where the sailors went, conflict soon followed, so they built faster ships, stronger ships, they built weapons and tools of war, but the basic longing stayed unchanged, there was something about space that made you want to go forward, to see what filled the emptiness, what you could find in the next star the next planet. What wonders had been discovered, what wonders might yet be discovered.

At least, that’s how most people saw it, there were some people who looked to the stars and wondered how they could extract profit from it, how they could find new creative ways to hurt people. The Master-Sergeant let his hand fall always from the cool transparisteel viewing glass as he let his armoured hands clench into fists at his side. He wanted to lash out, the blame everyone, blame the Pirates, the Sith for what they’d done, the Jedi for not realising what was happening sooner, for not stopping. He wanted to blame himself, most of all he wanted to blame himself. He’d seen signs that something was wrong, that his commander was acting unusual, but rather than act on it, rather than bringing it up to someone higher in the chain of command he’d just thought it was someone coming to terms with the conflict he saw in every new commander. The desire to see the mission through contrasting with the urge protect your soldiers, the need to win fighting against the realisation that to win you would have to kill, end the lives of other living sentients. It was a struggle he’d gone through, they all had and perhaps that memory had softened him, stopped him from realising what was going on.

Around him, the man could hear the bustle of a ship girding itself for war, countless systems, and personnel performing the checks and the functions needed to prepare a ship for combat. Even in the locker around him, he could see his men, checking their armour and weapons, but gone was the usual mirth, the smile and jokes as each man looked to his gear in silence. He could well understand the haunted looks, the introspection that each man surrounded himself with, he was guilty of the same. They had all failed, they had all lost her, but they couldn’t go to war like this. “Alright Marines, clam up I can barely hear myself think with all the noise you’re making.” The Marines glanced around, haunted angry gazes settling on the Master-Sergeant as he stepped forward to the centre of the room. “Yeah, I know, you’re all blaming yourselves, you all think that maybe there was something you could have done, something you could have seen that would make things different. Gods know that I do. But here’s the truth, the Lieutenant is down there somewhere, surrounded by god knows what. By Sith and Pirates, the scum of the galaxy. And I know the Jedi saw that chances are she’s gone…but we’re still here. Not just us, the Jedi, the Rangers everyone, they ain’t given up hope no matter what they say, so how the hell can we.” It had been Yuroic, the Jedi Knight who had realised something was wrong with his Padawan, who had managed to locate her and track her down to this asteroid, one of the bases of these pirates… The information that had finally let the Silver Jedi make a move on the pirates that had been plaguing their territory. “She’s a Marine, and you all know what tough sons we can be. Do any of you really think that she’s gonna let a little thing like being taken over by some Sith wannabe stop her? I bet we’ll get down there to an empty base to find her waiting and asking what took us so long and why the hell we let Wilkins use a…what the hell is that Wilkins a rocket launcher…do you wanna get us all killed? Curtis take that away from him before the kid gets us all killed. Now I don’t know about any of you but down there are pirates, the worst scum o the galaxy taking advantage of the innocent. There’s a lost little girl who I want back, and I don’t care if there are a million pirates, if I have to fight the Dark Lord of the Sith himself or any damn force monstrosity he might spawn. Marines don’t leave a man behind. So quit your bawling and weeping now. We’re gonna go down there and I’m not leaving till we got her back. They thought they were so smart but we’re gonna leave them bawling for their mammas and running with their tails tucked between their legs!” The walls over the locker room echoed with the loud cry of approval, doors slamming as the Master Sergeant pulled his helmet over his head, leading his men towards the door to the hangar, towards the Luna Transports waiting for them. The Silver Jedi…no the Marines were going to war, and force help anyone who got in their way because he didn’t intend to.

OOC:

First off, a giant thank you to everyone who stepped up to take part here, the SJO, the TAE folks helping out and new friends too!

This is mostly meant as a fun chance to just sit back, relax and tell a cool story so enjoy.

The OOC thread is here, so if you wanna arrange for anything with an opponent, or chat about where we are. If you have any issues at all, please contact me, or any of the SJO Admins. I want people to enjoy this so other than that, go forth and have a blast!

Awesome Helper Notifications:

[member="Mythos"] | [member="Seras Rose"] | [member="Beatal Sarric"] | [member="B1-449"] | [member="Novan Kolski"] | [member="Kei Amadis"]

dark_castle_by_dozer92-da0axwd.jpg

She had always been there.

Watching. Waiting. Looting. Pillaging. Murdering. Abusing. Burning.

Joon had seen Empire's come and go, and saw her talent wasted on blind leaders who fell or ran at the first sign of pressure. The Sith Knight had spent the last few months with various others not worth her time, but they served a purpose. A purpose to spread unrest and fear among the Light. Now they had a target. The Silver Jedi Order.

And all thanks to little [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] who had handed them over.

The warrior stood atop the roof of the once former Sith Castle on Charros IV, now a refuge for the pirates to operate from that was mostly over-looked and a stone's throw from the Silver Jedi world of Kashyyyk. That was their next target. That was their prize.

Asaraa would reveal all their secrets, their Masters, their defenses and then, when they least expected it, Joon would spear-head the attack and raze the pathetically named Silver Rest to the ground and make sure Asaraa was broken completely.

Now, the pirates had to wait patiently. Soon it would be their time. For now, it was planning and preparation.

Joon inhaled the burning fumes from the core that broke through in pockets of lava and molten rock. It made her feel...alive.

Aboard the SSV Dawn’s Grace
[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Joon"]
Post 1

The Jedi Master at the back was smiling, head looking down and nodding quietly to himself. That speech was fan-flipping-tastic. All those years ago, they were the kind of words that he wanted to hear when he was a padawan alongside the soldiers. Here they were being spoken by those around him. A sense of peace came over him for how far things had come, and what he was fighting to protect. Was that a glazed look in his eyes, no that's your imagination.

Amadis said nothing but had a proud grin on his face, proud to be stood with these men and women here. One of them. Kei found the marine he sensed had the least experience, the one who was the most jittery, and put his hand on the man’s shoulder, nodding. “Let’s go get her back.” A sense of peace radiated outward from him to meet the greenest marine. Settling back into his role, but that peace didn’t change his resolve one bit. "Together."

He was armored, armed and suited up like the rest of them. Gun, medkit, and extras. No different here, except the lightsaber which rarely left his side, any marine might be forgiven for not realising he was a Jedi at all. Which was the point of this, for him, to show them he was with them, no different to them in this. Kei stood beside the speech giver, and gave an affirming nod. “On your word Sergeant. Tell me where you need me.” An Amadis grin, this one a reassuring expression. Followed by a firm resolve to see it done.

The Jedi Master focused his senses on the mission to come.

Allies: SJ
Enemies: Pirates

A little shaken from her last engagement on Kashyyyk, where she shot down a landing craft while being at point-blank range from it, she was to be on patrol near Charros. It was still a work in progress, I guess, but every second I spend in this cockpit is a second where I can't be among the guests at my hotel on Trandosha, and I'm not making much of a progress in my Jedi training. Now, I get that a Jedi Ace would be able to get by without much Force-training, but this is madness! she thought, while sitting in the cockpit waiting for the fuel and ordnance to be loaded, with her Wasp in attack configuration being loaded with proton rockets on the pylon and proton torpedoes in the bomb bay. But today, she would not be in any command capacity. She was still a piloting trainee, who survived Kashyyyk by flying on the seat of her pants, even though she had exactly one kill to her name. This time around, there would be disparate fighters in the hangar bay, with each element seemingly made up of different craft models, more than simply one type of fighters and one type of bombers; then again, perhaps this was a special-force mission, in which case Varindar was scratching her head as to why she even was part of a special-force mission in the first place. She was far too raw for anything remotely resembling special-force ops. Plus the FIV Carousel's crash at lightspeed, and its related footage, was now shown in flight schools about the dangers of hyperspace flight.

"Hotelier, I don't know how to tell you this, but... on Kashyyyk, it looks like you were flying like the pilot at the FIV Carousel's controls on Dagobah, perhaps only slightly better" Wallpaper commented to her.

"Any room for improvement, Wallpaper?"

"Perhaps if your hands didn't shake so much at the controls, then we might be able to properly train you in the more complex maneuvers. For the time being, stay close to the mothership after launch"

"You should come to my hotel at some point, Wallpaper. Launching in 5..."

Allies: Silver Jedi Order

All told, Novan Kolski, Jedi Padawan of the Silver Jedi Order, felt quite useless.

Standing near one of the drop ships that would make its way towards the planet's surface, the young Pantoran made a conscious effort to be as unobtrusive as possible. Dressed in the simple brown robes of the Jedi he wished he was, his usually unruly indigo hair was tied in a tight bun at the base of his skull, and though his face didn't show it, the veins in his neck and the uneasiness in his bright yellow eyes screamed his nervousness to all that would hear it. His first true outing had been with Master Varless on Sucellus, and while Novan had obviously survived the encounter with the nameless, black-armored behemoth that laid waste to the breakaways they'd tried to bring back to the fold the encounter had left its mark. And while it was entirely possible that the Padawan was just imagining things, he sensed a presence every bit as foreboding waiting on the otherwise beautiful world before him.

More out of habit than anything else, Novan lifted his boot and gripped the handle of his trusty vibroknife once more, ensuring it hadn't somehow fallen off sometime in the last five minutes despite actively feeling the tough leather hilt against his sock. It was the only weapon he had. While his training under Rhane had only just begun, Novan had hungered for experience. Excitement. Adventure. To this end, he found himself volunteering for a mission to Charros IV; a mission he wasn't even sure he'd told his Besalisk trainer about. And to that end, while he trained what he had been taught as much as he could in his spare time - going over the saber forms and the mind-calming techniques as much as time would allow - there was no denying that, objectively, Novan was woefully unready for the task ahead. He'd taken to practicing his saber forms with a spare mop from the custodial closet for goodness' sake. The closest thing Novan had to a lightsaber was the emerald-colored kyber crystal hanging around his neck, passed down his family line from the passing of an ancient Jedi ancestor and entrusted to his birth family to help them observe Pantoran tradition.

Why he couldn't just leave us the damn lightsaber, Novan thought with just a trace of bitterness, is something I'd like to know.

But while he was nervous, Novan chalked it up to little more than stage fright. After all, he'd survived a wild tomb on Tython. He'd survived an attack by an absolute monstrosity of dark power. And at the end of the day - even if he was only a trainee, even if he didn't have a lightsaber of his own, even if he had no idea of what he could truly do with the Force - Novan Kolski was a Jedi.

And a Jedi could do anything.

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Allies: Silver Jedi Order | [member="Varindar Asyt"]

Soft movement of wind. Subtle breeze of air in a sterile environment followed her gentle humming, humming from her chair not her lips. Lips that hadn’t said a word since she had returned. Just one. “Starfighter”.

Glade’s brown unloved hoverchair brought her out into the hangerbay where the fighters were being loaded. Bedraggled hair and appearance, looking nothing like Natoline once did underneath it all. Glade was almost like a different person, drawn face, a pale look about the skin and usually covered by a long mane of curly hair. She would never walk again. Not for all the medicines they had tried, the surgery from the first break on coruscant and then the crystal complications around the spine, and then the final break when she…

That was too hard. She wasn’t ready to go there yet. Memories bleeding into her consciousness as she felt the chair she was in, containing them all. Long days of misery and grief. The wind about her had picked up, causing one crewman to almost jump up, but they now died down as her spirit settled.

Her hoverchair softly came to a slight bump as she pushed against a starfighter. Technicians came over to Natoline who for the first time looked up hopeful, lifting her up in their arms. Little Kiffar sent flight into the air as they moved her upwards, even if she was being carried by others, man or machine. Kei had talked them into this, said he’d given his word, the flight training, putting her back into the saddle. He’d not wanted to, wanted to lock her safely away till she healed, but she had broken his heart seeing her like this, and she’d made him give his word before she'd come back with them.

That moment she touched her modified wasp, was like a completely different part of her was elated. She felts its memories, its flights, its motion and movement and she was in love instantly. Her heart sang, and made her feel giddy again, fluttering. Her face was pale, frozen in time, in fear. But in that cockpit, as it closed, she was alive.

"Nato'line, are you ready?" A worried voice said from her console ahead of her. The voice of [member="Fyor Nayus"], her dead friend, reprogrammed as a robot once, now as her fighter, living with her as an AI. HA! He always was a buckethead.

A wide bubbly smile came as her engines kicked into high burn.

"Its Glade."

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
Aboard the SSV Dawn’s Grace
Location: In the hallway meditating (because you know locker room full of men)
[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]
| [member="Kei Amadis"]
Post 1

Sitting across from Kei on the other side of the door was a young black haired woman, eyes closed sitting in a kneeling position, and though eyes closed still could hear every word that sounded from inside the locker room, and dare say it was a rousing speech. Humor, inspiration but also a clear defined goal and compassion for their friend, General Vasshe, though a Padawan in terms of frock powers she was a remarkable fighter and elder, earning a great deal of respect from Sukai. So when talk of some Sith or some strange spirit controlling her body she was more then willing to lend aid in order to see her safely home, Sukai just hopped neither woman would have to cross blade, but was ultimately prepared for the battle that would take place.

The marines seemed very positive about the mission, and she would not blame them, many of times had the Jin Jedi fought along side these soulder, knowing full well their combat capability. Still, she was always expecting the worse out of any situation. Some may have called it paranoia but experience said otherwise, best to be safe then a light sabre through your heart. At the sound of [member="Kei Amadis"] voice she broke meditation, standing up and walking into the locker room, peaking her head around the corner on seeing the company now ready to move out. "I am not to familiar with the chain of command and order structure, what position would be best for me? or shall I just stay at master Amadis side"? Though Jedi were often the one put in charge of military aspects more so an government ran by them, Sukai was more then willing to let more experienced people take the lead, even if going up against a foe she may have more knowledge about.

Enemies: Silver jedi/Marines

When Toony exclaimed how their new plan was to venture on over to Charros IV, of course she gave no resent. Following blindly as usual. Upon closer inspection she came to realize he'd been tipped off, along with everyone else. Pirates and sith from what felt like all over the galaxy was lining up and gathering somewhat peacefully along and on the planet's surface, thieving, looting, pillaging. Everything her master turned out to be oh so fond of. She fought along side him, dropping to the surface with their yacht (truth be told it looked a tad too lame and eloquent alongside the various beat up fighters and bombers the pirates had ventured in) and now they just stayed. Waiting after everything was secured and cleared, none of their enemies occupied their sides.

In the middle of it all seemed to be a Jedi, [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] . Everyone spoke unusually highly about her - for a silver jedi that is - but the warrior was still blurry on the details. She was here for her master, not to gather all the possible details of them being here. There must've been some close ties or something that she didn't know about with her master, he could really get around. Socially, of course.

It wasn't until various ships began appearing above them, many of the surrounding acolytes and pirates muttering about the 'Silver Jedi'. Of course. They must be coming for her, at least Beatal was granted that form of understanding. Nevertheless, this meant more fighting. More murdering, more weaseling around and more conquering. She didn't doubt herself, she'd be fine. Right?

Well until then, all she could do was sit and wait amongst the ship yard. Sharpening her blades while others around her did the same, the pirates occupied with swords and blasters with the sith undoubtedly wielding their Dark-saber. All in all, she was getting kind of excited with anticipation.

Allies: SJO

Standing out in the hallway of the locker room with [member="Kei Amadis"] and [member="Sky'ito Yumi"], Reggie listened as the Master-Sergeant gave his inspiring speech to the marines. Just like the men inside, it stoked a flame inside Reggie. He didn't know Asaraa as well as the others, but he wasn't going to let that stop him from helping them. When he heard about the situation, that fear of not being good enough to help started to creep in and prevent him from joining the group, but he was able to shake off that feeling. Reggie has done enough sitting back, has had enough of fear, and has had enough of regret.

To Reggie, he owed SJO a debt for bringing him in and giving him the chance to become the person he always wanted to be. Defending Kashyyyk from The Sith Empire was Reggie's first step in making it up to SJO and his friends, and becoming more like the Jedi he always wanted to be. Now joining this mission and saving Asaraa was another step in that direction.

Reggie watched as the Marines marched towards the hanger, ready to face whatever came their way, and spoke underneath his breath.

"We're coming to save you Asaraa."

Focusing on the task at hand, Reggie traveled to the hanger. He wore his brown Jedi robes and was without his hand band, both things being uncommon for others to see.

How had this happened? Zavii's mind reeled and spun in circles that just kept coming back to that one question: how? Of all the people she'd met in her years among the Silver Jedi, [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] was not someone she could have seen being taken by the Dark Side, let alone engaging in anything approaching the high-treason that seemed to have taken place. It didn't make sense. Had something happened during that fight on Kashyyyk? Was she cursed by some ancient Sith magic? True, Zavii had noticed a lot of fear in the Togruta that day- fear that the other Padawan had tried to hide but Zavii could hear clearly in the discord of her friend's Song- but there were very few on either side of the fight who didn't seem at least somewhat terrified by the chaotic violence. Still, something was obviously very, very wrong and it shook the young Zabrak to the core, which was why she had been one of the first to volunteer for this mission to get Asaraa back. She had to get to the bottom of it. She had to.

That was why she sat alone and nervous at the foot of a dropship's loading ramp in the hangar bay, tapping her fingernails against the armor she'd been able to borrow from the locker room. Thankfully Dawn's Grace had an extra suit just about her size, which she was able to fill out more comfortably by leaving her normal clothes on and donning the armored EVA suit over them. As much as she loathed having to put on boots and a helmet, staying physically connected to the planet's crust would likely injure her at the temperatures they expected, so she dealt with it in the name of duty. Thankfully she had been able to fit all her normal gear on the suit's belt, including her lightsaber. Not knowing what kind of resistance they might face with the pirates, the Zabrak had even decided to arm herself with one of the blaster rifles that the Marines were carrying. She was used to shooting, as she made sure to practice with her slug pistol weekly, and how different was a blaster, really?

So there she sat, waiting on the others to finish gearing up. The blaster rifle sat by her side, loaded and silent.
Clak-clak-clak-clak. Clak-clak-clak-clak.
A few meters away was a muscular, blue-skinned man about her age. Pantoran, she thought. He was clearly as nervous as her, though for probably different reasons.
Clak-clak-clak-clak.
He was dressed as a Jedi, and definitely Forceful, but it didn't seem like he was well trained. Partly because of the way he checked his boot knife repeatedly, partly from the neigh-on chaotic notes in his Song, and mostly because of his lack of a lightsaber hanging from his belt.
Clak-clak-clak-clak.
Finally on the verge of madness, Zavii picked up her rifle by the barrel, left her helmet on the crate and hopped up to step toward the other Padawan.
"You're pretty new, aren't you?" she asked, trying to keep the nerves out of her voice. "How much do you know about the mission?"

[member="Novan Kolski"]

Allies: [member="Kei Amadis"] [member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"I wouldn't worry to much about the chain of command." He said it standing there and had sliped in to join them, bringing nothing much behind him. His father was around and could help but in a situation like this well you wanted to have someone new for the table. Barinthus stood tall and wore the modified half robes with his saber on his hip. One of the remaining children of Iella and padawans to Rasu. He spent a lot of time training off world and away from sight of others. The boy made sure his hair was slicked back and boots were clean though before he offered a grin that only said this was going to be fun. "Besides we have the wildcards with us, if even half the rumors and stories about them my mother and father said were true we'll be able to easily handle this situation." He looked at Kei and bowed his head. "Master Amadis welcome back. I am Barinthus E'ron."

Allies: SJ [member="Glade"]
Enemies: Pirates

Glade took off after her element did, and one after the other, the remaining elements posted onboard the Dawn's Grace were now being deployed, Wasps and other craft. She could feel a sense of eerie dread, not unlike what she felt when she was at the controls of that Wasp for the first time over Kashyyyk. Now that she was flying in the vast darkness of space, she was to just screen the ship until pirates come into range or pilots are otherwise ordered to engage away from the mothership. Varindar has made some progress, but perhaps she feels that she was blessed with the luck of the beginner when flying that sortie on Kashyyyk. She could sense something dark is lurking around somewhere, but she couldn't quite point at what. Just that, if her sensory display was anything to go by, she would feel like something could be approaching the convoy from long range. Staying calm was easier said than done at her level of experience, and, hopefully, Wallpaper would be supportive of her training process as a pilot. While, of course, her Force-training process would be under someone else's purview, namely, Morse.

"Now, Hotelier, don't precipitate yourself into battle without good reason. You have some potential, but you need to make sure you're properly trained in order for you to tap into it. It's a work-in-progress, so please be patient. Also, Glade has our backs" Wallpaper reported in.

"Roger, Wallpaper"

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Allies: Silver Jedi Order | [member="Varindar Asyt"]

Well yeeep but that starfighter behind Hotelier and Wallpaper was doing anything but flying in steady formation. Well it was. But you kinda, had'ta know Nato-Glade to know what she was doing. She was trying to put as many stars as she could in her viewport, while still keeping together with them, and while occasionally doing fancy things like spinning herself and her world around.

“I don’t think we are meant to be doing this Nato.” Her onboard AI Fyor would jabber at her.

She just popped her lips loudly. Underneath the helmet that was probably too big for her petite little head, and the endless reams of curly hair, she was having… fun. That was until someone else told her to stay in formation, from back behind her where they'd left. Pop Pop, no words spoken. Just fluttering her fighter side to side, as if carried on a breeze of air.

Somewhere upside down besides Hotelier and Wallpaper, she found herself upturned, she Nato-waved, a short quick, nervous wave, but didn’t look, and then veered back upright into formation. They probably couldn’t see her. And yeah yeah someone else might have been ill spinning around this way and that, but she was pretty much in her element, well… she kinda woulda been, if she still had an element. Pffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttt, she blew large chunks of hair out of her eyes.

Can’t think about that. Not here. Here she’s free.

“Gotcha backs.” And then that was the second and third words she’d said to real people in a couple of years. Then something else, something you didn't often hear over the comms, happy humming.

Pirates. Time to swat some Pirates. Here kitty kitty. She was like a girl who was a bit short to drive a speeder, peering over her dashboard, but really that was just her curious beedy little eyes, taking in every detail and memory for later, to remember over and over again.

Zavii said:
How had this happened? Zavii's mind reeled and spun in circles that just kept coming back to that one question: how? Of all the people she'd met in her years among the Silver Jedi, [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] was not someone she could have seen being taken by the Dark Side, let alone engaging in anything approaching the high-treason that seemed to have taken place. It didn't make sense. Had something happened during that fight on Kashyyyk? Was she cursed by some ancient Sith magic? True, Zavii had noticed a lot of fear in the Togruta that day- fear that the other Padawan had tried to hide but Zavii could hear clearly in the discord of her friend's Song- but there were very few on either side of the fight who didn't seem at least somewhat terrified by the chaotic violence. Still, something was obviously very, very wrong and it shook the young Zabrak to the core, which was why she had been one of the first to volunteer for this mission to get Asaraa back. She had to get to the bottom of it. She had to.

That was why she sat alone and nervous at the foot of a dropship's loading ramp in the hangar bay, tapping her fingernails against the armor she'd been able to borrow from the locker room. Thankfully Dawn's Grace had an extra suit just about her size, which she was able to fill out more comfortably by leaving her normal clothes on and donning the armored EVA suit over them. As much as she loathed having to put on boots and a helmet, staying physically connected to the planet's crust would likely injure her at the temperatures they expected, so she dealt with it in the name of duty. Thankfully she had been able to fit all her normal gear on the suit's belt, including her lightsaber. Not knowing what kind of resistance they might face with the pirates, the Zabrak had even decided to arm herself with one of the blaster rifles that the Marines were carrying. She was used to shooting, as she made sure to practice with her slug pistol weekly, and how different was a blaster, really?

So there she sat, waiting on the others to finish gearing up. The blaster rifle sat by her side, loaded and silent.
Clak-clak-clak-clak. Clak-clak-clak-clak.
A few meters away was a muscular, blue-skinned man about her age. Pantoran, she thought. He was clearly as nervous as her, though for probably different reasons.
Clak-clak-clak-clak.
He was dressed as a Jedi, and definitely Forceful, but it didn't seem like he was well trained. Partly because of the way he checked his boot knife repeatedly, partly from the neigh-on chaotic notes in his Song, and mostly because of his lack of a lightsaber hanging from his belt.
Clak-clak-clak-clak.
Finally on the verge of madness, Zavii picked up her rifle by the barrel, left her helmet on the crate and hopped up to step toward the other Padawan.
"You're pretty new, aren't you?" she asked, trying to keep the nerves out of her voice. "How much do you know about the mission?"

[member="Novan Kolski"]

Novan had been so ensnared in his own thoughts that he was taken entirely aback by the newcomer's question. In looking at her, he wasn't quite sure how missing the Zabrak Jedi would've been possible. For one, the Force ran strong with her; Novan had started to pay attention to how the Force flowed differently for people, from mighty Jedi Master to lowly soldier. But beyond that, this girl was pink. Almost offensively pink. It had taken a short moment for the Pantoran Padawan to notice that, no, she was not exactly fuchsia given form, but even after acclimating to her presence it was hard to pry his bright eyes away from her infinitely brighter hair.

And when she'd asked about the mission, Novan was still so distracted that he'd had to go over each word in sequence and finally break eye-to-hair contact before he could answer her.

"Rescue," Novan said, "far as I know. Go down, get the Jedi held captive, stop anybody in our way... more or less."

Novan glanced down to take the Zabrak girl in more fully. Small, lithe, wearing a full set of the EVA armor that he'd seen the soldiers on the ship wearing. His yellow eyes stopped at the chrome lightsaber on her kit, and the Padawan had to silently bite back his jealousy, reminding himself that he'd only himself to blame for throwing himself at field operations left and right. Moving his eyes back upward, he finally looked the Zabrak girl in the eye - noting that they were every bit as incredibly eye-catching as her hair was - and folded his arms, almost scoffing.

"And just what makes you think I'm new to this?"

Novan let out a small laugh, projecting a confidence he didn't truly feel.

[member="Zavii"]

Allies: [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] | [member="Barinthus E`ron"] | [member="Reggie Faayare"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Kei turned to Sky’ito Yumi when he asked about command. An experienced older man looked back at her, stubbled face showing a touch of silver here and there these days. That question had defined much of his life. “Use your feelings. Lead when you need to, follow when you need to.” He looked at the marines with the knight and nodded to them as they left. “It’s their time, do you feel their conviction.” [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]. So the Jedi Master followed the soldiers behind them, as he had many times before.

[member="Barinthus E`ron"]

A firm Amadis grin met Barinthus and a shake of the hand if he took it. “Brainthus. What’s your take on the rescue?” To get the ideas going, and a plan formed as they walked toward the hanger bay.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Looking to Sky’ito, Kei extended his hand as well. Then asked. “What do you feel awaits us on the mission ahead.” It would be very easy for Kei to say, let’s do it this way. As he got older and yes maybe hell even a bit wiser, he would temper that side of himself with those he was with. In this case the two knights and…

[member="Reggie Faayare"] | [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] | @Asarra Vaashe

Boarding the shuttles, he clipped himself into position alongside the others, bracing for a fast descent. "I would brace yourselves in case we come in hard." Some of the wildcards were aboard the main ship if needed but the rangers had this. This was their time. And assuming the others all got in. “Yes we are getting her back padawan. Whatever happens stick close to me.” A reassuring grin formed for @Reggie Faayara. “What are your names, and have you been with the order long? Looking between @Sky’ito Yumi | @Reggie Faayara. A slight rumble began as the shuttle began to launch forward and away. There were many new faces he had yet to learn.

The other Jedi's initial reaction to her appearance forced Zavii to grin, albeit still showing the concerned tightness about the corners of her eyes, it was funny to realize just how harshly her hair color stood out to many beings. At his prudent summation of the mission she gave a terse nod. "That's about the long and short of it, yeah. That Jedi down there... something awful has happened to her. I don't know exactly what it is but I do know that she'd never get herself in this situation normally. All that matters right now though is getting her back."

She talked as he looked her over, it was as if he hadn't even noticed her presence until she spoke. This would be something to think about later. At the moment, however, he challenged her assumption and prompted an answer that she was all to happy to give. Anything was better than simmering over this mess before any action could be taken.

"Other than the fact that I've never met you?" The brown-hued Zabrak put her free hand on her hip and continued, "It's written all over you. First of all your Force signature is almost totally raw, near as I can tell. You robes are obviously pretty new from how they fit you, and you don't have a lightsaber. Unless you just don't want one, it stands to reason that you haven't had the chance or training to build one yet."

Having explained her thoughts, she waited for a rebuttal until the Marines and the few other Jedi volunteers came from the locker room and started boarding the dropships. Zavii hopped on the same one as [member="Reggie Faayare"] and took a seat by him.
"Well well well," she started to tease the Human with a shoulder-nudge, "Look who decided to put on the uniform."

As they all took their seats in the landing craft, Zavii's attention was grabbed by the Master leading the mission. He was trying to get to know them; another excellent distraction tactic that the Zabraki girl was notoriously excellent at. "I'm Zavii, I've been living and training with the Silver Order since I was a little girl."

Allies: [member="Beatal Sarric"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]
Enemies: The Silver Jedi

Joon felt a disturbance in the Force. Something was shifting in the skies above them. Her gut instict was never wrong, and it told her that the enemy was coming. Coming for the traitor, Asaraa.

With her eyes still on the dark skies, the Sith unclipped her com and held it to her dark lips.

"Send the scout ships out above the fort and shipyards."

She clicked off. There was little she could do above ground, and so she turned and walked back through the steel and stone halls, passing various rooms, chambers and halls to reach the lower levels. Rogue Sith were wandering around now serving these pirates who did away with all the politics and religion; they acted for profit, for power and for riches. That was it.

Her fur robe trailed behind her as she strode with purpose to the external lobby and saw the ships take off from the hangar across the way from the fort. They would hopefully be the eyes and the ears above.

"Broadcast Amber Level status."

There was clear, amber and red. Amber was for those inside to make this their last drink and stop dealing the spice ad make sure you knew where your weapon was and what area was yours to defend in case of attack. Joon wouldn't hear their protest if she was wrong and distubred their down time, but she was beyond these scum. She was beyond any of them. She WAS the darkness they all carried inside, and she would not be the one to fail when the Jedi eventually came with their pityful rescue squad.

Reggie boarded the ship with his allies and got himself situated. His mind was all over the place, the mission being one of the only things on his mind. He was broken out of his trance when [member="Zavii"] nudged him and started to tease him. He was confused by her question at first, but realized that it hasn't been since he started wearing the Jedi robes. Smiling, he answered the fellow Padawan.

"Hey, I have to switch things up a bit from time to time. Wearing my usual type of clothing all the time made others find me a bit bland!"

The boy was joking of course. He actually wore the robes because he had to fit the role of a jedi in situations like these. For Reggie, wearing the robes reminded him that the situation at hand required him to be serious.

when Reggie said that they were coming for Asaara, [member="Kei Amadis"] reassured him that they would.While Reggie's comment was more to himself, he was glad the man had responded to him. It boosted his moral a bit. After Zavii responded to the man after he posed a question, Reggie followed suit

"My name is Reggie. I've been with the Order for awhile now, but not as long as most of the other Padawans."

Fifteen seconds. It had taken fifteen seconds for the Zabrak - identifying herself as [member="Zavii"] to one of the senior members of the mission, apparently - to see right through Novan's show of confidence. He wasn't going to be fooling anyone here.

Settling into a seat next to the robed man calling himself Reggie, Novan fastened the seat restraint and did his best to relax as the shuttle began to move towards the planet. Reggie's outfit gave the blue youth confidence; Novan had been afraid that in wearing his robes that he was coming unprepared for the mission ahead, especially in light of Zavii suiting up in protective gear. Zavii herself was nervous - something the Pantoran couldn't quite put his finger on was giving her away - but she put on a much better brave face than he did, for sure. The soldiers that had accompanied them didn't appear too worried, they'd probably done this sort of thing a bunch of times. And then there was the Human at the head of the pack, who seemed to be as much at ease going into battle as he would have been ordering breakfast at some dodgy Moenia diner. All of the Jedi seemed to know each other, and Novan was a complete and total outsider.

"I'm Novan," the Pantoran said with a small, almost awkward wave, "...I've been with Rh-... Master Varless for about a week now."

[member="Reggie Faayare"]
[member="Kei Amadis"]

#The Scrolls of Taiden Keth Entry 237. Balanced As One.

Somewhere in a sterile white (of course!) training room aboard the SSV Dawn’s Grace. Was one Taiden Keth, hair immaculate, clothing with not a spot on him, bright white with the smallest hints of silver adorning his flawless attire. Deep in meditative concentration on his task ahead of him.

The Echani was training to levitate and balance a rock, on a stick, on a rock. It was hard, as the rock at the bottom wanted his concentration, but the rock at the top should be the thing that was unbalanced. Really he was learning everything was balanced or unbalanced, a valuable lesson. The stick in between was the pivot point on which they both rested, but it too was bound to the fate of the foundation rock and the weight of the upper rock that they both carried.

It was a single purpose his room. There was nothing in it but him and his training materials. Aside from the room there was a door to his bedroom, and that was it. Clarity of mind and focus was second to none in an Echani’s training room, everything having a purpose. His time here was coming to a close as the ship reached the planet, and he opened his eyes, letting the rock settle, standing and brushing himself down. Time to be his balance in all things. Walking toward the bridge of the ship, steps in measured and careful time, Taiden folded his white tunic below him neatly and took his seat at a console to monitor the planet below.

"Force be with you all."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom