Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Silver In The Hills

A Light Shining in Darkness
JhwQx7O.jpg

YP5QQ1m.gif
The ship that gave Wyatt a ride had landed some miles away - as the man found the Jedi Temple a touch too far out of his way. Wyatt had made no disagreement, knowing that the man had given him a ride for mere pennies on the cred - and he wasn’t so keen on taking advantage of that kindness further; so for the past three days he had been slowly making his way towards the Jedi Enclave on Kashyyyk.​
It had taken him so long, because the Jedi Master was repeatedly more concerned about the beauty behind ever tree - he’d never been to this planet before, and the vast botanical life and its variety was almost too much to bear. Life on the planet seemed to sing through the Force, and the smile never left his lips as he enjoyed its pace. Eventually however, his fun would have to stop -​
And he entered the outer perimeter of the Temple. Many Jedi walked and ran about - some training in the open, others doing more meditational activities, while even more studied the history of the Orders. It brought a new smile to Wyatt’s lips, spread them wide as pride filled his lungs -​
It’d been so long since he saw a totality of Jedi. It gave him hope that the future could still be saved.​
He walked forth into the midst of the many, and looked to the first he could fine -​
Excuse me, please, could I speak with a Master here? I’ve… so many questions.”, he said to the youngling.​

Kyra stopped short, letting her levitating boulder drop back to the ground with a solid 'thunk'. She wiped a bead of sweat off her forehead and looked to the others. They all watched with split attention, some rocks starting to wobble and lower in height.

A slight bit of tension rang through the group. One student even looked at the stranger in full blown fear.

"Uuuuugh," Kyra uttered, looking behind him to the trees he had stepped out of. She looked back at him, her blue eyes narrowing in suspicion. "Okay. Sure. Maybe. Are you a sith?"

"Kyra!" Chastised a green-skinned boy. He seemed the most determined not to drop his rock. She snorted, gesturing a wide and unspoken 'what' back at him.

"You never knoooow. The last one come from the forest too. And she looked completely normal." The boy finally looked both their ways, his face clouding with unsure concern.

"Well," Kyra prodded, turning back to the stranger at hand. She placed her hands on her hips, raising her chin. "Are you?" One might feel the unmistakable presence of her aura reading his.

In the distance, a blonde head turned their way.

The last one?”, Wyatt said to himself as the two argued about his moral standing.​
It’d be the first time he had been mistaken for a Sith - or at least, considered to possibly be one. There was a hidden smile that formed on his lips; reserved for the padawan’s pride, despite his amusement. Instead of mock, or offer some quick quip - he simply shook his head;​
No, I am not a Sith. My name is Jedi Master Wyatt Morga.”, he offered with a welcoming, warm laughter.​
His aura would do much and the same for Kyra - showing nothing but a softly edged blue hue that waved off of him in droves; though it was hard to tell where he ended, and the Force began. The man carried no ill will - or none that was obvious, and simply watched her as she studied him.​
Satisfied, or is there another test?”​

Voices chittered behind Kyra.

Always an awkward thing to accuse a Master of being a sith. Bit rude, actually. Kyra stood undeterred, a spark of fire in her eyes that suggested no. She was not satisfied. She opened her mouth to tell him so. "Show me your --"

"Kyra?" Called out another voice. The blonde woman approached swiftly, her gaze soft yet alert as she too looked over the stranger. Even more note worthy would be the presence of guards speckled throughout the campus. Rangers too. Camera craning their metallic head his way. He had garnered attention. "Who is this?"

Elise stepped in, the master dressed as masters do. Behind her the padawans finally dropped their rocks, the spectacle too distracting, or perhaps tempting, to ignore.

Kyra gave a frustrated huff, her hands dropping from her hips. "He says he's a master ... Master. Make him show his fingernails. I think he's a sith."

A breath of restrained amusement caught in Elise's nose. "Plenty of people have unkempt nails, young one, and that is no way to speak to a guest. Back to your exercises, hm?"

Kyra huffed again ... but bowed slightly at them both and backed away. Slowly.

Wyatt received an apologetic smile from the woman, parred with a gesture to relocate a few steps further from the peering padawans. A subtle wave of her hand sent a sent of rangers relaxing in the distance.

"I apologize for that, they have seen more than their share of danger on these grounds."

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Last edited:
With a glance to his nails, Wyatt seemed to frown -​
They are a bit dirty… Maybe she has a point.”, he said with a restrained laughter. Instead, he offered a smile to Elise as Kyra was forced away -​
No need to apologize. I wasn’t aware of the history here - or else I would have declared my arrival more… formally.”​
Wyatt glanced about to the attention he had garnered, but didn’t make a comment on it. He understood all to well that in times of war, as the Jedi were soon to face, there could be nothing said of being too safe - especially when it came to the lives of the younglings. Though, he was curious what occured here - something he would have to ask about.​
The Jedi gave a last glance to Kyra before speaking again;​
My name is Wyatt Morga, Master… You must be -?”, he said with a blank space for her to fill - and a hand outstretched in greeting.​

Elise

E
"Elise." Her hand enveloped his, warm and soft as they shook in greeting.

A pair of blue eyes bore into the back of Wyatt's head, but slowly the space around them did relax back into the cheerful calm the man had walked into.

She released his hand, the wind pulling through the thick trees of Kashyyyk and catching strands of her hair around her face. She pushed it back, observing him for a slight moment.

"So what brings you to Silver Rest?" She asked without tact, all concept of small talk tossed aside. ...Perhaps just some of the tension remained. But that could be understood in time.

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Wyatt didn’t have so much hair that the wind swept in his face, let alone far enough that it’d need to be brushed aside. It only billowed the tattered cape he had trudged through the forests with - likely a poor sight to behold to prospective Masters. It seemed only then did he realize that more than just his nails were dirty -​
I apologize for my poor first impressions, Master Elise…”, Wyatt said as he glanced down at his clothes.​
- But, to answer your question, I came to learn about the Silver Jedi. About how your Order functions, helps the people in this space, and should you be willing to hear my proposal - I hope to invite the Masters of the Silver Jedi to a meeting to discuss the unification of the jedi.”​

Elise

E
Her brows raised in subtle surprise, the woman studying him a moment more. She was not one to balk at filth or hard-worn attire. She could read the man's work ethic across the dirt lines on his skin. It was a virtue she didn't need an apology for. Nor an explanation. Coming to this understanding, her expression melted into a warm smile that reached her eyes. Her posture relaxed as she gestured deeper into the campus.

"This sounds like something I'd need tea for. Are you hungry?" A rhetorical question, surely. Any walk through the Shadow Lands was a hike indeed.

"Children? Off to lunch now," she dismissed. A series of boulders fell to the ground in a clattering 'clunkclunkclunk'. They gave sighs of relief, each rubbing arms and breaking down to a more light-hearted demeanor. Well all expect one. The pink-skin girl watched as Elise lead the stranger on by. The green skinned boy frowned, watching the girl with an expression that bespoke wary acceptance for trouble.

The campus was active and lively. If one knew where to look, sings of erupting security measures layered thick over the community. Elise ignored this all, walking without hast to the cafeteria.

"Where did you receive your training, Master Wyatt?" She asked, her tone friendly as they walked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I…”, he knew he had to say no, he knew it wasn’t polite to ask. What manners would he have to show up uninvited, only to request a meal?​
... would love to eat. I’m starving!”, he laughed - though inside he felt a twinge of guilt. The hunger in his stomach had won the day - shame as it was. Three days through the Shadow Lands did wonders for the appetite.​
Wyatt glanced as the children scittered away - dropping the boulders one after the other. It reminded him of his own days training - though he hardly had an academy like this to appreciate…​
All over, Master Elise.”, he said with a glance with her - keeping pace as he buried his hands in the opposite sleeve.​
My Master, Daemora Khel - travelled with me for years, taught me all he knew, though I’d say most of my current beliefs were only formed in the last hundred or so years.”, he laughed.​

Elise

E
"And here I'd say you don't look a day over eighty," Elise laughed, stepping to the side as a set of padawans went bursting past. She led him down the green paths. Silver Rest was built into a hilltop on Kashyyyk, the sloping architecture meant to blend in and compliments the sharp mountaintops over them. This high up, the order was safe from the Shadowland that occupied the deep depths of the tall forest. Up here the trees almost felt normal size.
In truth,this was only because they were seeing the tops of them.

Not unlike an iceberg at sea.

She caught the cafeteria door from the hands of a Ranger, holding it amicably for Wyatt to step in.

"Food first, then we'll talk," she told him with an almost motherlike firmness.

But even as she moved to fetch herself her own assortment of refreshments, she placed very little down as she secured a table by one of the many large, slooping windows. She gave him time to tend to himself and pulled a cup of tea up under her chin, letting it cool as she dazed softly out the window.

Despite Wyatt’s apprehension, he couldn’t help but stack a bit too much food on his plate - of various fruits, vegetables, to a noticeable slice of meat that looked ever succulent to the eyes, and the stomach. Wyatt took a seat, and ate away with a surprising speed - an obvious sign he hadn’t eaten well in the last few days. Perhaps longer.​
He sighed when he finished - pushing the tray aside as he poured himself another cup of tea. He felt a twinge of embarrassment burn red in his cheeks, and his eyes avoided Elise - so much for control, he imagined. Wyatt offered a low, rather uncomfortable laugh -​
I apologize… I haven’t eaten much lately.”, he sighed. Fasting wasn’t a jedi trait, but it was the trait of a man with no creds.​
So, could I ask about yourself, Elise?”, Wyatt said with a cock of his brow, and a blow on the tea, still hot enough to burn his lips.​

Elise

E
Elise had sat patiently, her gaze soft and distant out the window as he ate. He might have worried about appearing rude or taking up time but she seemed seemed to content for the silence his famished presence granted her.

His words pulled her back to the present, a soft blink greeting him at his words.

"What questions do you have, Master Wyatt?" The tea was now warm in her hands, perfect sipping temperature. She took a slow sip, her gaze now present and unwavering on him. He had her full attention.

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Where you’re from, where you learned - who, even.”, he said with a quiet apprecation for her.​
He blew on his tea, letting that rising steam open his pores - if only slightly. It seems if he were to stay here for a few days, he may ask where the showers were - so he might yet get clean. Dirt filled every crevice he had right now, and he couldn’t help but feel a touch too dirty for jedi conversations.​
Sipping on the tea, he set it back down, but let his hands wrap around the warmth of it.​
Anything you think I should know, Master Elise. I’d hate for us to not have an understanding of each other to build off.”, he offered with a smile.​

Elise

E
Elise drummed her fingers on her mug, considering his questions with a slow intentionally.

"Oh, you know .... cute lady gets recruited, the usual," she quoted, her words clearly not her own. Her lips quirked in a smile. She raised the cup to her lips, her eyes twinkling over the lip as she took a sip.

"Anything else?"

That sounds about right.”, Wyatt mused with a smile; offering his own playful wink to the Jedi.​
So tell me - what do you think of all this; the Jedi Unification effort. That is what I came for, I suppose.”, he mused as he sipped his own tea.​

Elise

E
Elise let out a heavy breath, her eyes unwavering as she studied him for a long pause.

"I think..." she started, speaking carefully. "That if some of our peers spent as much time enacting peace as they did squabling over how to do it... the universe would already be a more pleasant place." Political words from a woman who hated politics. It had its place, however, and even this master could realize that.

I couldn’t agree more.”, he said with a quiet sigh.​
The truth was evident, so many had opinions on the ‘right’ way to set up a Jedi Order, how it would operate - who, if any, would be the Grand Master, on the council, the proper way to teach the next generation; and Wyatt was only the tool of compromise, but it never seemed to be enough. He nodded idly, before continuing;​
And yet, I hear so many other Jedi say that about the Silvers; and the Silvers say that about so many other Jedi. Where do these differences come from, how do we…”, he considered the words he wanted to use -​
- How do we alleviate these concerns, to create a stronger Jedi Order? Take no offense when I say this, Elise, but the Silvers may be the largest Jedi Order in the galaxy - but no of the Jedi I’ve spoken to have faith they are truly the protectors they have been asked to be…”, he idled as he spoke.​
It was a hard thing to pass on, others opinions, but he couldn’t deny he carried some of that same sentiment. He saw the damage their abandonment of Ession had caused - the fact it was an action that almost single handedly created the Grayson Imperium; driving an ever deeper wedge in the Jedi as a whole. Nervously, his thumb rubbed at the cup he held, his gaze falling to it as they spoke.​

Elise

E
Elise let her thumb drift in small circles around her cups condensation, once more picking her words carefully before she said them.

"Sounds to me like the real issue is those in charge, not the jedi under them. You forget yourself, Master Wyatt. Or maybe you have just been on your own for too long, but one does not speak for all," she reminded gently, seeming none the less bothered for his unfavorable words on her order.

"Some? Just live to serve. Their people, the force. They do the best with what they've been given. But in the end, we are all flawed." She sipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wyatt didn’t want to remain on the negative comments one Order had about another - willingly moving it to the topic Elise had brought up. It was worth more to listen than to speak, so he was more alright with asking a questioning and listening to her advice than anything else;​
Then who are the ones in charge?”, he idled, watching his tea swirl, as he idly moved it with the Force.​
And how do we approach the problems at hand?”​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom