Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Silver In The Hills

Elise

E
A small smile touched her lips, as if Elise had received this question a thousands times over from the mouths of the children she reared, and expected to do so a thousand times again

"That depends on who you ask. The assembly for some. Grand masters of old for others. The government. A war hero. The Force..." she whispered, its presence tingling around her.

"You cannot fix the whole universe, Master Wyatt. You can be the change you want to see ... and trust that force has its ways."

Sip.

A Light Shining in Darkness
Wyatt offered a slightly weaker smile at her response;​
I can certainly try, Elise.”​
He waited a moment, letting the swirling of his tea come to a standstill before offering any further conversation. It was a few moments he could think, consider her words, internalize them as he should;​
Change is done from necessity. The Jedi are the weakest they have been since the purge, and the Sith grow stronger everyday; at what point do we think it is all enough?”, he thought out loud.​
They say things get harder before they get easier - yet so many still refuse to adapt, to listen to the Force. Could we be seeing the end of the Jedi, Elise?”, Wyatt offered with a concerning frown.​

Elise

E
Elise gave him a soft snort, the woman shaking her head in disagreement as he voice his large concern. She understood where it came from. One one looked down at the universe from such a tight perspective, it would indeed appear as if the ways of the jedi were under strain and coming to an end.

But that wasn't so.

"Balance is a tricky thing to maintain," she noted, her tea slowly growing cold in her hands. "Our numbers have always fluctuated, it's the way of things. But as long as one of remains ... there is hope." And currently a they had that and more.

"Everyone has their own take on how best to approach the encouraging sith threat, but in the end if we can spare a piece of what would otherwise have been lost ... then we will have made a difference. It's important to remember that," she murmured, unaware of how true her words would prove to be.

Or how hard it would be to follow through.

A Light Shining in Darkness
Passive indignation isn’t the answer I was hoping for.”, he chided with a quiet smile, knowing he was no better on the matter.​
I’m still confused - your advice to me on the Orders not getting along… was to ignore them?”, he asked with a cock of his brow.​
To simply be the change I hoped to see, and that alone would unify the Jedi, and make them stronger?”​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom