Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sibling Rivalry

[member="Elpsis Elaris"]

"Uh...you two have fun.Disinfect the table."

Makai quickly put the comm back into his pocket. He could certainly do without the running commentary on his sisters love life.Part of him was certain the blue-skinned woman was going to find her way back to Elpsis one way or another. Women seemed to follow her around as if she was some type of prophet.

He rolled his eyes. Telling her would be useless as it would only feed her ego. The corny jokes were bad enough. Makai was just hoping Spire wouldn't be around throughout Elpy's entire stay. He didn't need the Chiss woman cutting into valuable sibling bonding time!

Getting some water, toast didn't seem appealing. With a grumble Makai shuffled back to his room to pass out.

[member="Makai Dashiell"]

Time passed. Or rather it flew. Eventually, Elpsis showed up at the porch. She had that smug, self-satisfied look on her face she always got after scoring a sexual conquest. She was also shivering a good deal and rubbing her gloved hands together for warmth. Snowflakes made themselves at home on her thick coat and inside her luscious firemane.

Predictably, it was snowing...again. Did it ever not snow on Csilla? She was quite certain that it snowed twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Regardless, after ringing the doorbell, she got impatient and simply opened the door with telekinesis. On the bright side, she'd bought aspirin and herbal tea.

Makai hadn't expected [member="Elpsis Elaris"] to 'break in' so to speak. The half-Galan hadn't completely heard the doorbell in his hangover state, instead it only roused him from sleep slightly. In a half awake state he did hear some rustling going on throughout the small flat. Grumbling, Makai moved out of bed and grabbed his blaster on the way out.

Drifting into the main area in only his boxers, he was happy to know Elpsis couldn't really see his current state. He imagined his big sister saw enough shadows to tease him for the rest of the day. Yawning, Makai ran a hand through somewhat greasy bedhair, not really improving the current state.

Blaster was placed down on the counter and he scratched his bare chest.

"The prodigal sister returns." Another yawn. "How was your night?"

"Is that a blaster or are you just happy to see me? Relax, dude." Leave it to Elpsis to make awful jokes. She giggled slightly. "My night was grand. Had a blast. Sure Spire and I woke up the house," the grin on her face was unbearably smug. "I hope you were a good boy and followed Big Sis' advice. Bought you some aspirin. There you go," she tossed him the packet. "And some herbal tea. That'll help with the hangover."

[member="Elpsis Elaris"]

"You wouldn't know what to do with it if it wasn't a blaster."

Stupid grin flashed at his return teasing, listening to how her night went. Elpsis' night with Spire seemed to go quite differently than his own and he was happy for his sister. Hand caught the packet of aspirin and he moved to take a couple, grabbing a glass to get some water. Aspirin went down easy enough - Makai just hoped it wouldn't come back to visit.

"I'm not sure I followed your advice. I'm not the brightest." There was a long pause. "Apparently I sent some drunken messages on to Ellie. It wasn't good. She never did respond, thankfully."

"Wouldn't want to either. It would fire one shot and then be out of power." Elpsis could have carried on with the campy jokes for a while. Sadly, this board had silly PG-13 regulations...unless mass murder was involved. Otherwise she would not have used cheesy metaphors.

However, it seemed Makai had been silly last night. She sighed slightly. "Oh. I told you not to overdo it with the booze, y'know. That's what happens when you don't listen to me!" she furrowed her brow slightly. "You didn't send her any, uh, inappropriate pictures, did you? Like, y'know, of your sausage."

[member="Elpsis Elaris"]

Makai rolled his eyes at her description of her campy jokes regarding his 'sausage' as Elpsis' so eloquently stated. Eyes drifted down to make sure nothing was amiss and Elpsis was trolling him. Nothing - although he should probably put pants on sooner rather than later. Yawn escaped him again as big sister continued to lecture him about responsible boozing. Too late for that.

"Uh...no, no images. Thank the Force for small miracles eh?" Makai rubbed the back of his neck. "I said I loved her and I want her to have my scaly babies."

Elpsis whistled. "You really know how to make a girl feel special, bro. You got two options: apologise profusely...or have any sense of shame and never talk to her again." She grinned. "It's easier with ladies for me, at least I'm not going to end up pregnant," she thought about her auntie's Force baby, "well, most likely." She sorta loved [member="Taryc Ap'Irae"] and @Tempest. But she sure hoped that neither got any ideas about putting magical babies inside her. She'd draw the line at that.

Listening to [member="Elpsis Elaris"] , Makai wasn't sure about either option.Of course he wanted to apologize to Ellie but at the same time he wanted to crawl into a cavern and never be heard from again. The half-Galan wandered away for a second, pulling a pair of pants and slipping a shirt over his head as he approached his big sister once again. He couldn't have a serious conversation while standing around in his underwear. Hand ran through his hair again in mild frustration. He was beginning to feel like he was between a rock and hard place.

"How is it easier that you can't get pregnant?" Makai was genuinely curious as he started to heat the water for tea. "Do you think because Ellie and I have the potential to create a child it makes things more complicated? Straight girls look at the situation differently, even without them knowing?"

Makai paused.

"But we haven't had sex, I don't even think I've gotten off first base."

"Maybe. Well, I don't know that many straight girls, and I sure don't talk about boys and babies with 'em," she shrugged. Her Aunt Siobhan was fond of saying that truly straight women did not exist. All women loved other women, and those who didn't just had not realised their true desires yet. Personally, Elpsis thought that this was a case of Auntie being sulky about a number of women refusing to join her harem because they weren't interested in her. She loved her auntie, but she was a bit pompous sometimes.

"I know that we get to have all the fun without having have to worry about getting a bun in the oven. And without the silly expectations along the lines of 'is he the right guy to have a kid with?' Or cloying parents going on about wanting grandchildren and yammering about whether the guy you brought home is the Mr. Right to raise a kid with or not." Of course, plenty of sapphic couples wanted kids, so Elpsis might be a little biased. "Anyway, you haven't gotten past first base and you're real young and stuff, so that's not a big deal for you two."

[member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"]

"Oh. I guess I hadn't thought of that.I guess it could still weigh in the back of one's mind - not wanting to waste years on something that won't go anywhere. Seems part societal expectations too."

Makai scratched his head. Seemed more complicated for a woman.For him it was easy ; he loved [member="Myra Elspeth"] and wanted to be with her. Elpy seemed to state girls were already looking for his potential as a long-term partner, even at age sixteen. He had partially left his life behind on Dac (the other part running from girl trouble,but still..) to grow up a little, so would this impress her more? Or less? His older sister had opened up an entire world of thought he hadn't previously considered in great detail.

Eager to get the heat off him and his sex life (or lack there of), Makai turned back to Elpy's life. It was typically far more interesting than his own to begin with.

"What are you up to next? Or is the nomad in you not allowed to preplan such things?"

"Preplanning?" Elpsis made a face. "I don't plan stuff. It leads you to...writing things down. And before you know it, you're sitting behind a desk filing paperwork and filling out templates. It's bad enough that I had to file AARs at Firemane sometimes."

Elpsis' after action reports were...interesting. She had a short attention span, so her mind tended to wander. Thus they were either extremely short because she'd gotten bored or filled with random observations. But since she was blind now, she could only write in braille, which no one else could read. So she was in the clear. She shrugged. "Anyhow, Spire wants to see me again, so we're gonna have a blast. And you gotta show me around snowland."

"I could show you my bomber. Let you poke around the base, show you where I get yelled at. Maybe we can stop and eat something. I'm a growing boy so its vital to my health."

There was a boyish grin. Hangover had taken the toll on him, having his entire stomach contents emptied was hard work. Headache, bodyache, general annoyance....nothing that couldn't be treated with a hearty meal with his favorite big sister. Makai hoped she wouldn't invite Spire along. Sometimes a boy just needed some time alone with his adopted sister!

"Not sure what else to show you around. I guess whatever is on the way. Lots of snow and ice, so I guess we can see varying degrees of such. Maybe we can pick you up a touristy shot glass or shirt on the way as well."

"Right. You're gonna need lots of stamina if you want to make Ellie a happy lady one day. Best exercise a lot, too," Elpsis commented innocently. Totally innocent. Yeah, right. He'd need his stamina to...open doors and carry stuff for her. Regardless, on with the plot.

"Anyhow, no time like the present. Let's get going. What kind of bomber do you fly anyway? Still a TIE?" Back in her smuggler days, she'd had to evade TIE fighters on occasion. She'd discovered that it was less easy than in the movies. Probably because she hadn't had the credits to purchase plot armour on Amazon Prime.

"Stamina, really? Real subtle there Sis."

Makai went to collect all the cold weather gear one would need to traverse the wild outdoors of Chiss. There were underground tunnels that were relatively 'warm' compared to the outside temperatures. However for his tropical body type it was still bone chilling cold. He returned dressed to go on such a cold weather expedition, included freshly brushed and styled hair. It was important to look half-way presentable despite Elpsis being blind.

"Yeah, its a modified TIE for their government. Clunky thing, starting to make me wonder how I haven't died yet. Hate to see real live action like the core does."

Feet went into boots and he quickly laced them up before hitting the door. They were met with a blast of freezing cold once more.

"Base first? Or do you want your tourist shot glass first?"

Subtlety, thy name was not Elpsis. Fortunately, many ladies seemed to appreciate the combination of unrestrained, campy corniness and bluntness that was her. Anyhow, it was time to head out into snowland again.

Makai got dressed in a presentable manner, and Elpsis drew on her pyromancy again to warm herself up even more. She had the feeling she would need all the heat, given how absurdly cold it was outside. It made her wonder whether Chiss would face similar problems if you took them off their ice ball and dropped them somewhere tropical.

"Let's go see the bomber first. I can get my 'I came to Csilla to visit my nerdy brother and almost froze my tits off' shirt after that," she joked, slapping him on the shoulder. "Well, here we go. Off to ice land." Maybe they could build a snowman or have a snowball fight.

"One woman in my life calls me an idiot, the other one calls me a nerd. I am doing something horribly wrong."

Makai knew why - sickeningly in love with the one and the other was a warm familial relationship. Less pressure when hanging out with Elpsis. He wasn't trying to impress her. Wasn't trying to convince her that indeed he was the one. It allowed him to be more of himself which apparently with Elpsis meant total and complete nerd.

"Think I can get that shirt too?" Makai was navigating them down to the underground tunnels. The trip to the base wasn't far but the tunnel did deposit them out in a lobby of sorts. It was (slightly) warmer, less snow and ice. The downside was it was incredibly packed with Chiss and the few tourists who did brave the planet.

"Who thought this frozen wasteland was a good place to live? I don't know why they protect it, let an enemy set foot on here. They'll turn back quick."

Elpsis laughed. "You know, that's a good point. Draw them in, deprive them of supplies and let General Winter sort them out." Well, it worked for the Russians three times! "Awkward though if whoever attacks is a sore loser and decides to BDZ the place," she slapped Makai on the shoulder.

"But, hey, that just means the flyboys have to blow up enemy ships first." It was probably a lot more complex than that, but Elpsis was no naval pilot. Or military in general. Her attitude was as far from of a soldier as possible.

"BDZ? Isn't that something we've typically been leaving to the Jedi? I mean, there are a few here and I don't put it past any one of them to be perfectly honest. I think the Force makes them unstable." Makai said the last part without thinking, forgetting his adopted sister had the Force. Cheeks flushed for a moment that had nothing to do with the cold. "Sorry...uh...I know you are practical enough to admit those on the "light side" of the Force aren't exactly perfect pictures of mental health."

The flight hangar where he worked out of loomed close. Activity seemed low, perhaps due to the snowstorm. It was the perfect time to show Elpsis around and not be bothered.

"Maybe I can let you fly. Drop bombs on some ice for fun."

Elpsis levity vanished for a moment. Though not because her brother had offended her. It was true that she had the Force - and was dependent on it. She liked to think that she was not blinded by it though. "Don't sweat it. I dumped the Jedi because too many of them are preachey, sanctimonious arseholes who either sit around in their temples debating in conclaves while worlds burn. Or do the burning themselves by raining down fire on anything that's outside of their dogma. Care more about their power than actually helping people," she shrugged.

"That sorta chit goes to the head of many Forcies. Think just because they can lord it over others, they should. The Gift was not given to us to oppress others. It's not Her will." Wow, that had been unusually serious for Elpsis. She brightened up a bit when Makai talked about taking the bomber out for a joyride. "Oh, blowing up ice sounds fun!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom