Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Shrouded in the Darkness (Silver Jedi Concord dominion of Garos IV)

Ashkut Kre'ia's fur undulated constantly as Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen spoke before the bothan's hair seemed to stand almost straight up - even a casual reader of body language could tell that he was becoming increasingly angry at the old clone trooper. Conversely, a sly grin appeared on Set's face as he obviously took some delight in the bothan's anger while Ched Ingido, perhaps a more experienced diplomat, slowly shook his head. Out of all of the delegates, only Ellorrss seemed oblivious to the political discord around them. His glazed eyes turned towards Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble as the Jedi Knight spoke:

"Sir, you alright? You look like you're about to faint."

Ellorrss regarded the epicanthix with the same mixture of curiousity and pleading that a young child regards a vending machine. The Force users present wouldn't sense any malice or even fear from the duros. Instead, it was an intense longing - one colored just slightly by a shade of anxiety.

"I...I need another dose of my spice. They said I'd be getting one soon. Are you going to give me one? They said I'd get it before it all happens. It's about to happen, isn't it? I think it is...wait...should I be saying this..."

Hayde eyed the duros with some incredulity. Is he high out of his mind? Does he know how loud he's talking? Even Ashkut, starting in his rebuttal to Omen's diatribe, briefly halted and eyed the duros up and down. This is a mayor? A billionaire? He has rocks for brains...

Two of the nearby circular tables suddenly buckled and seemed to shatter into pieces. The table tops slid off, while the table bases suddenly sprouted legs and rose up to reveal themselves to be Assassin Probes. While their feet were not yet fully freed from the floor yet, a handful of their free appendanges immediately began to lash out the room's occupants. A razor-sharp arm almost immediately gutted an aide to Ched Ingido while another went straight for Valery Noble Valery Noble . Not exactly equipped with any weapons of her own that could hurt a droid, she abruptly took hold of Ched Ingido, and started to move him away from the writhing masses of machinery. The droids would seem to take a particular interest in targeting the Jedi that seemed co-equal to their interest in attacking all of the mayors present.

Last edited:

hZFxlpS.png

"Chit."

The assassination wasn't just a hoax. Kahlil's eyes widened as he watched the spice addicted mayor utter a warning likely without realizing it. Just a moment too late. The horrible feeling he had been sensing came to fruition. Assassin Probes. He was a second too late to save the aide, but Hayde Torve Hayde Torve was already moving to protect Ched from the droids. Good. His saber snapped into his palm, the blue blade igniting as he cleaved through another of the razor-sharp arms heading for Ellorrss. In that same movement he brought his free hand around, sending the Duros towards the agent with a swift force push of his chair.

"Take them both and go! We need to know what else he knows about these attacks!"

Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Last edited:

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps

Yes yes, Omen didn't like to sugarcoat things and make everyone feel comfy. But what he said weren't threats, they were just the facts that he had pieced together from the briefing and his own experiences. If the Mayors had misinterpreted them as anything else then he would reinforce his statements as such. Not everyone was going to be happy with the truth and if the Bothan wanted to try to use his words to fight back then the Clone was ready for the long haul. As for the Jedi not backing him up, all they earned was a side-eye that said "What? Only Jedi can do aggressive negotiations? Well, thanks a lot for the help." At least Set somewhat liked him, that was a win, right?

The Clone squinted at Mayor Ellor, not focusing as Mayor Kre'ia prepared to dissect every word that had come out of the trooper's mouth. What was this strange thing he felt of the Duro? Whatever it was, the Mayor's omission about the drugs wasn't any surprise. He was curious about who "they" were sure but the powerful and rich being corrupt while putting spice up their nostrils before betraying themselves wasn't anything new. It seemed that the whole party took a little time to process these new events and that time was all the droids needed to activate and attack with their claws named Death.

The Enclave Representative had heard of droids like these. Their designs were from his time in fact though they had doubtless improvements in the 850 years since then. The Jedi could probably take on each one by themselves and with Knight Zambrano running into action plus all these screaming employees and guests trying to get out of the building as fast as possible, now wasn't a good time to throw a grenade. All Omen could do was push over their own table and shove the angry Bothan down behind. The Trooper didn't care if the Mayor was now furious at being manhandled but behind a table would stop a blade better than then stale air. He glanced over at the Alor for one second "I hope you brought your Westar or a Verp Alor. You're going to need it to keep your rival alive..." With that the Clone jumped over the table, screaming at the two Jedi who had gotten a head start. "These droids used to have other smaller versions inside their bodies! Be prepared to be swarmed!"
Hayde Torve Hayde Torve Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble

Last edited:
Travot nodded in understanding at Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor 's comment. Sometimes you've got to spring the trap yourself, isn't that the case? The only alternative he could think of involved sending other people to spring the trap, but there were clear moral quandries with that approach. A approach he decided was much more in line with Sith values than those of a jedi. They advanced further into the facility and into what appeared to be a laboratory of sorts - though one he wouldn't care to spend much in time in himself, judging by the various states of decay that some of the body parts were in. Though apparently the whole set-up satisfactory to the solitary figure still working behind a machine even as the Jedi entered.

You shouldn't be here. My people should have encompassed you."

Travot raised an eyebrow at the scientist's comment.

"So they're still people in your opinion? Who are you, and what are you doing here?"

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

76682.gif

"ELOAH" (Secondary - Long Handle)

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Jedi Interceptor in the landing bay, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music", "Aricsias" Wookiee Clan (pops in and out of posts)
Tag: Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Certainly." His head still not coming up from his microscope as he reached into his pocket. "... but first... let me shut that off." Pulling out what looked to be some kind of remote and pressing the button facing it at "Yoni" the trapped Jedi fell to the ground like a sack of fruit. He was gone, with no sense of any kind of life or connection in him at all. Caltin watched the entire thing and his eyes remained locked on the fallen Jedi. The "Scientist" or "Doctor" or "Engineer" of whatever he claimed himself to be just looked up nonchalantly as if he only shut off a light.

"I'm bettering humanity by eliminating death... these? These are just experiments." He motioned around the room callously. "The Jedi though... they're fun..."

Finally, Caltin looked up. You have no idea the level of mistake that you made.

The Doctor shrugged as he began loading some kind of syringes. "You won't do anything. You have rules. Not like you're going to leave here anyway."

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Shrouded in the Darkness

Planet: Garos IV
Objective 1: The Heart of a Cause
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen Hayde Torve Hayde Torve Caelia Lamora Caelia Lamora

With a gentle shake of her head, she set aside the danger she felt and focused again. Just in time to hear the Duros speak, and give an unintentional warning to the group.

"I...I need another dose of my spice. They said I'd be getting one soon. Are you going to give me one? They said I'd get it before it all happens. It's about to happen, isn't it? I think it is...wait...should I be saying this..."

After these words, time seemed to freeze for just a moment as the assassin droids appeared. There was no time to save the aide, who was gutted, but one was coming for her as well. With great speed, her hand shifted to her weapon. She unclipped it from her belt and in a single motion, ignited and slashed off the droid's arm.

He glanced over at the Alor for one second "I hope you brought your Westar or a Verp Alor. You're going to need it to keep your rival alive..." With that the Clone jumped over the table, screaming at the two Jedi who had gotten a head start. "These droids used to have other smaller versions inside their bodies! Be prepared to be swarmed!"
Valery blinked at this but was certainly happy the Sergeant had come along. She nodded and took a defensive stance to cover the retreat of the people inside. If this assassination attempt were to kill these people, it would look really bad on the Silvers. But if they protected them at all cost...

"Cover their retreat!" she called back to Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen before she stood ready to provide him with more cover. The table wasn't exactly the most suitable object for that, especially not if blasters would be turned against them.

"Let's take these droids down together."
she nodded to Kahlil and extended a hand out towards a droid that approached. It froze in place and quickly buckled under the crushing she applied over the entirety of its body, hoping it would get these smaller versions inside as well.

Chaos frequently seemed to follow her around. Ched stumbled forward, nearing tripping on a chair and catching himself on a bystander, even as Hayde attempted to help keep him up. She gave him a push out of the immediate area just as she caught Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble 's voice, and seemingly airborne duros. She managed to catch him just as she saw a pair of mechanical arms lash out at the Jedi Knight and his ignited blue saber.
"Take them both and go! We need to know what else he knows about these attacks!"
Hayde couldn't agree more. She slipped an arm underneath Elorrss and helped pull him along. He's surprisingly heavy for someone so thin...Wish I had my suit on. But battle armor wasn't exactly the best piece of gear for an undercover operation like this. Seemingly oblivious to the danger around him, the duros seemed to be grabbing for random cylindrical objects on the tables that they passed - picking up a datapad stylus and a cup reeking of pungent Shiraq Juice before quickly discarding them once he realized what they were. This idiot...She followed in Ched's footsteps along with the rest of the people attempting to flee from the battle droids, but there were a handful who did not.

Valery Noble Valery Noble and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble pretty clearly drew the most attention of the droids, which each one opting to focus on one of the Jedi with a constant barrage of arm thrusts, but the two mandalorians present weren't far beyond. Set barked a quick laugh at Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen before revealing a pair of weapons hidden in the sleeves of his tunic - a WESTAR-34 and a Kal. Neither were particularly powerful, but they quickly found themselves in use as a number of probe killers leapt out of the larger droids to pursue the parties attendees. Taking cover from the overturned table, Set and one of Ashkut's bodyguards began to fire their pistols at the small droids, trying to plink them off before they could get closer to the delegates. As she rushed the mayors to the exit, she drew her own holdout pistol and prepared for the worst.

Travot watched in pained fascination as Yoni dropped to the ground. He's going to get back up, right? But Yoni didn't, and whoever this scientist was didn't seem concerned about it. People as useful and expendable as droids. Travot could already see the appeal of that to thousands of morally questionable people in the galaxy. How convenient would it be to have the perfect person at your beck and call, without the need to physically, socially, or emotionally maintain them? It seemed the next step of evolution in slavery. Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor didn't seem to be taking it well, but neither was Travot.

"You won't do anything. You have rules. Not like you're going to leave here anyway."

Travot blinked, stretched out his hand, and wrenched the syringes from the doctors hand through the power of the Force. Telekinesis was one of the few things he actually felt talented in when it came to the Force. He held them suspended in the air near his hands. Travot eyed them with a mixture of curiosity and disdain before turning his gaze back to the scientist.

"I wonder what would happen if we injected you with these."

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

76682.gif

"ELOAH" (Secondary - Long Handle)

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Jedi Interceptor in the landing bay, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music", "Aricsias" Wookiee Clan (pops in and out of posts)
Tag: Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble

"You mean like this?" Taking one of the injectors himself, he began to convulse violently. It was as if his organs, his bones, his very body were restructuring.

"Come, Jedi! Show me how much of a 'bad guy I am!" He picked up and threw the heavy exam table at them as he picked up a remote and opened all of the tubes. Out stepped more of these automatons.

"My army is invincible already, Jedi. You cannot kill what is already dead."

Snap-hiss

Watch me.

He said nothing else. He attacked.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Objective III: Escape with this failed venture.
Tag: Lofdrrl Lofdrrl

There was no treachery in her contact, only weakness.

Darth Ophidia sighed in discontent as she crouched down over him and pressed her hand against his mouth. With unnatural strength, she pinned him to the floor.

"Through your inaction, you have become a liability."

A long, thin blade of glass emerged from her sleeve as she spoke, and she held it up just high enough for him to see. The terror in his eyes fed the darkness and the cold that spread through the room as the traitor realised what was about to occur. He could not scream, as the hand clamped his mouth shut so hard it threatened to knock loose his teeth. She placed a knee on his abdomen to pin down his body, and whispered a phrase in a language of darkness.

"But you will serve me again in the next life."

The shikkar plunged down, piercing through his breast bone and heart before cracking into pieces. He squirmed and flailed under her grip as she whispered another dark phrase. Smoke begun to ooze from the wound, from his mouth, from his eyes, nose and ears. until the body seized in a body-spanning cramp that made bone and flesh crack and pop. His mouth gaped in an inaudible scream as his flesh became ashen, then collapsed. The Sith Lord rose up and lifted her hand, fingers curled like talons, as if pulling something out of his still body. The smoke coalesced around him and then rose with the motion of her hand.

A ghostly figure with glowing white eyes stood waiting for its command, and the room oozed of alchemy.

"This operation has fallen. Come."

The light fixture above flickered on and off, and the two figures were gone as quickly as the darkness itself. All that remained was a foul stench, and a twisted body with a blade of broken glass piercing its heart.

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps

How... How did things like these happen... One minute he was having the time of his life talking politics, the next he was having to defend the very people he was talking politics with just seconds ago from killer droids. At least the Jedis weren't bad when it came to combat as expected with Jedi Noble managing to shut all of the robotic insect up inside the original probe droids shell. It would help turn the momentum of the fight in their favor. Old Mr. Stick in the Mud could not say the same as a swarm of Killer Probes ran down their Parent's metallic arms and jumped onto the floor, skittling across the tiles towards the Mayors as they tried to escape. This was getting out of hand... And if any of those reached a vent, it would be nearly impossible to intercept them before the probe either escaped and tried to get after the Mayors another way or went on a murder spree among the real population to get at their real target. Thank the spirits of his brothers that Set had actually come prepared for battle and could stall for time. It was beyond dispute that this deadly attack needed to stop now but how...

That was when the out of time Clone got an idea. He quickly ran over to the Fire Alarm system and pulled it sharply, the alarming wailing over the sounds of lightsabers cutting through metal as the sprinkler systems came on overhead. Good, that would make his task even easier then. The Trooper waited, letting seconds go by as the Killer probes moved closer and closer to their goal of the title. Just when it looked like they might get into Set's armor, Omen grabbed his two cryo grenades, aimed them at the head of the table before tossing them into the fray. "Cyro Grenade!" With the grenades managing to land on the head of the column just as it reached the start of the table where the two men were firing for their lives, both activated perfectly, putting the front of the droid column on ice and making the water-bound tiles very slippery for those bug droids that managed to stay unfrozen. As one slid its way toward Omen as its futility tried to skitter away, the clone's armored foot smashed down on it with a satisfying CRUNCH. Even if these talks had stalled, it was good to exercise his combat skills. Never know when you might need them.

Hayde Torve Hayde Torve Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom