Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Chaos change up the Map Game? Vote within!

Should Chaos change up the Map Game for it's 10-Year Anniversary?

• Yes, it's time for a change.

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Don't fix what isn't broken.

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
Isn't one already supposed to be underway?

Edit:

Pretty sure there was also mention of a corporate or criminal map for the Age of the Underworld stuff, but i dont see where that was posted anymore.

I enjoy the moxie but I think this poll is a little skewed, allowing multiple votes.

Sure, but to what? You got an example of what could work as a replacement?

I think that this is far more important than a temp check. We just had one of those the other day and it doesn't really matter what side of the chasm we stand on if a solid idea appears. We might just find ourselves jumping on it regardless. I'd encourage people to speak their truth on the mechanics of moving forward versus dwelling in the past. New year, new thing. Brainstorm, and continue to discuss things constructively.

Nothing wrong with a big group think. You never know what might stick.

Last edited:
Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
I enjoy the moxie but I think this poll is a little skewed, allowing multiple votes.

I think that this is far more important than a temp check. We just had one of those the other day and it doesn't really matter what side of the chasm we stand on if a solid idea appears. We might just find ourselves jumping on it regardless. I'd encourage people to speak their truth on the mechanics of moving forward versus dwelling in the past. New year, new thing. Brainstorm, and continue to discuss things constructively.

Nothing wrong with a big group think. You never know what might stick.
I'm afraid I didn't realize that's what the setting meant. That was not my intention. I also attempted to change the voting to public rather than private, but apparently cannot. My first poll ever on Chaos... Not that that's a good excuse. :)

Unfortunately, Srina, speaking one's truth tends to either be ignored or met with unkind words. I'm all for a group think, provided we're not all screaming into the void.

Don’t sweat the votes so much guys, I never read polls anyways. It’s more for y’all to feel validated. What I’m more interested in is productive solutions, I’ve seen none so far.

For example, if the system is broken or needs changing, what should it look like?

I vote change.

Create a system that champions story progression, not thread counts.

How would this work though?
Without of course creating an exhaustive amount of work, as judging progression on a case by case basis would create an avalanche of work.

My only thought that comes to mind is lore submissions in Codex, but relying on that system may create a lot of strain on judges, extending backlogs, and the worst part, boring paperwork. I know I wouldn't be karked typing out a submission every time my story progresses.

Not discouraging the idea, I'm just spitballing.

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
How would this work though?
Without of course creating an exhaustive amount of work, as judging progression on a case by case basis would create an avalanche of work.

My only thought that comes to mind is lore submissions in Codex, but relying on that system may create a lot of strain on judges, extending backlogs, and the worst part, boring paperwork. I know I wouldn't be karked typing out a submission every time my story progresses.

Not discouraging the idea, I'm just spitballing.

That's very valid. I'm not the one judging these threads, and so honestly the judges have the greatest insight into what is actually feasible without making it too much work. Also, thank you judges for all you do.

I guess I was under the impression that judges are already at some capacity judging threads based on contribution and story development? So I just thought it would be a further step in that direction. Not necessarily judging each individual story arc with dozens of writers, but put it on the Factions to encourage and guide their writers into contributing to a story that engages with the other faction and with what is happening around them in a way that contributes to the overarching storyline of the thread. Each side would do that. In my mind it would be up to the Factions to accomplish this more than anything and work together to bring closure or fullness to the story, and the judges judge how successfully each side they accomplished that. The specific metric? possibly beginning, middle, and end of story progression and rate each section based on cohesiveness, collaboration, and engagement with the other side.

But again, these are just thoughts from a non-judge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom