Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff The B.A.M.F Project: Celebrating 10 Years Of Chaos

"Cassian Andor.

What I'm asking is this.

Wouldn't you rather give it all to something real?

...I need all the heroes I can get."

This is what revolution looks like.

A lot of us are starting to experience the beginning of the holiday season and winter, which has long heralded the lowest point in activity for roleplayers of all types and sizes. For this year, and in celebration of our 10 year anniversary, I would like to announce the B.A.M.F. Project.

The BIG ASS MAP FO'REAL.

On December 3rd, I'd like to grab as many people (Staff, Major Factions, Minor Factions, etc.) for a public townhall VC to discuss what additions we're adding to Chaos this year and the beginning of next. In the past, we've done this for many other major events, such as the addition of the Vault, and prior to that, Annihilations. This year, our aim is back to the original project of this forum, the envy of many and the biggest flex Chaos has to offer - our indepth and detailed map.

The B.A.M.F. project will include the map being redrawn FOUR TIMES its current size and to add FOUR NEW REGIONS, as detailed below.

1. THE STELLAR HALO
2. COMPANION AUREK aka THE RISHI MAZE
3. COMPANION BESH, aka THE FIREFIST
4. COMPANION CRESH

The B.A.M.F. will also introduce a new layout that will revamp the Dominion system, including adding new obstacles, hyperlanes, stellar objects, etc. We are still very early in this process and do not expect completion of the project until late December, early January.

What can I do to help?

If you're a Codex Judge, get active, because I'm sure the Codex Admin and Factory Admins are going to be scrambling to keep up with suggestions. But also throw in your own - you're among the most experienced with these sections of Chaos, so I'm sure you have plenty to add.

If you're a Major Faction Owner, Admin, staffer, creative team, whatever, you probably have spent a lot of time focusing on the map and how the map game works. Throw in your feedback! Tell us what is old and tired, tell us what is washed. But like I tell the Staff team, if you have criticism to offer, offer it with how YOU would help fix the problems. Don't just complain! Give complaints, but also give us something to work with, suggestions and the like.

If you're a regular member, smolest of the smol... and have no part in the Codex, building planets, or the Faction game...

I like you the most, and I'm your biggest ally.

Don't tell the others.

Offer us your suggestions, big and small, tell us what you'd like to know, because we're going to celebrate our 10 years of existence by killing the old map and bringing us something new.

i'm not wiping the map i've got more creativity than that don't even ask

happy belated international mens day

Since I've joined staff in the GA, I haven't really seen any faction care a ton about hexes, and mostly just the stories tied to gaining or losing them. It's how the Maw pushing to Tython was planned long before it happened, and how we're currently planning new things. So bits like what I quoted below seem really interesting to me. It can be tougher sometimes to come up with new stories, especially for dominions unrelated to big wars or stories between factions.

So this excites me a lot as a staff nerd and an addicted writer.
The B.A.M.F. will also introduce a new layout that will revamp the Dominion system, including adding new obstacles, hyperlanes, stellar objects, etc. We are still very early in this process and do not expect completion of the project until late December, early January.

Don't really have much else, but you asked for feedback and I think positive feedback is useful too. This all looks really exciting to me, so I look forward to it and will drop more thoughts if I happen to get ideas \o/

I haven't really seen any faction care a ton about hexes

Most moves I make are conscious of the culture at large here at Chaos. I am very aware of how things went - the Sith civil war brought map mechanics to the front, and those mechanics helped push stories. OOC and IC, eventually, the entire forum felt fatigue from hex talk. I can stir this energy, manipulate it, with subtle moves like extending Invasions to 3 hexes, or reducing it back to two when temperatures rise too high. I can even pull the entire RPJ team back when writers ask for more freedom and autonomy, or push them forward when mediation is required from a third party to ease OOC tensions.

The OOC outlook, the criticism and fatigue the backrooms and closed door talks feel, is not something I’m oblivious to.

I do know, however, that change - no matter in what capacity - stirs that energy and excites the writer. Whether or not we all hate it on the other side of the equation, once the foot drops, doesn’t matter as much as the expectation and discourse does now. What matters the most is accepting all input, big or small, so that you’re all as guilty as me when we hate the changes made.

I do look forward to the ideas, from player made hyperlanes or black hole clusters or floating petroleum space clouds in the stellar halo, almost as much as I’ll enjoy gaslighting everyone into thinking the terrible changes aren’t my fault.

I hope this helps your expectations of whats to come, #tefkadidnothingwrong

Awesome news Tef & Co! I'm always happy to see this kind of thing. Thanks for your time & energy.

The only thing I would ask for now is; are there plans to track Oblivion map progress? If not clouds then perhaps location markers for outposts and such? Its a beautiful map with a unique spin to it, I'd love to see it get a bit of love to!

When was the last Dominion on Oblivion? If factions gave it more love, we’d give it. Afaik, EE is the only faction that focused on it.

I try to think about it from a MFO perspective. Fundamentally, it just doesn’t make sense to split your writers and activity across two maps. Even moreso when that second map isn’t even very Star Warsy. It was a fun push but I don’t see it lasting much longer beyond the cliche awww i loff if posts like yours.

Tefka Tefka

Does this mean everyone will have to post new updated map coordinates for custom planets?

Nah we’re gonna tyranny reigns some planet locations as is the norm. I won’t be allowing the Custom Planet scramble, it causes way too much confusion and the prevailing reason why most people want to move their custom planet is because they don’t want some other faction “owning “ it.

As always, if we need to move stuff, we’ll move it. Consent isn’t required.

I had long sappy write out but I vanished like a words in the wind. I thank those that contributed to my past since beginning of the board hoping they could let go of the past let time heal all the wounds of the past. I start way back in the beginning of it all as did many others still around. I went on to thank all those that showed me times had change or at least could change. Those that have inspired me to keep going.

So Happy birthday to Chaos even through the rough times of which there were many. Weather you know me as Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall , Cord Starfall Cord Starfall , or any other character let tell you I am grateful the rp community has help me both Ic and OOC through a great many things and I am glad it survives . From one of the oldest people around let me thank you all. :)

I may thanks some of you personally later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom