Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shadows Mingle

SECOND TIMES A CHARM
Objective: Expand her Borders
Equipment: Under-Armor, Clothes-How they look, Wrist Device, The Encoil, Zerek Stowaway Node, ICE/iBorg Clarion Personal Translator
Weapons: Three ornate Zenji Needles being used as hairpins​
Tag: Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

Speaking with Aayla had brought back old memories. Meeting Ilwynog her first time around with her introduction to the Jedi Shadows. From what the limited things she had heard from the source being something of a more in depth investigative unit. The Mistryl's had been neither here nor there about her flitting between the Confederacy and the Silvers, finding the strange marriage of associations beneficial for their information network. The further delve into another group, the Silver Shadows was but another stop along the way towards a goal.

One that she was still wondering about the nature of. Altruistic? Likely. The Mistryl's had too long a history of existing on Emberlene to not have some genuine altruistic qualities to it. How far up those qualities extended was an entirely other thing though. Her handler had been a lovely person to work with, the small group of Mistryl sisters she had been planned to work with having encountered a troubling incident that precluded the group from further missions until everyone had been tended to.

Phalsi's feet were still recovering, the bandaging and bacta only able to do so much to the damage that had been done over the hours. Her wrist was in a brace, fingers finally functioning with a haunted look about her. The derelict civilian ship had been hell, but she was trying to keep herself from lingering on it. The movement had been automatic, from the waking to the walking to the office. She had little memory of actually carrying out the tasks of the day, until the small startle of being present in the hall had stirred her. Thoughts had collected, gathered, formed an idea. Stop these problems before others encounter them.

Perhaps a method of coping. Perhaps simply altruism. Either way she took a steadying breath and squared up to the door. Her left hand rose, the right rigid in the brace as she knocked only to pause, still weighing her options in short order before knocking on the door once more.

Nimdok sat at his desk, gazing intently at the blue hologram of a woman projected in front of him.

“... since arriving on Naboo, I have been unable to find any relevant information on Lady Jessica,” she was saying, her tone dismayed. “We don’t even know who her contacts are with the CIS.”

It’s all right,” he replied. “Just keep searching. I have faith in you.

She sighed. “It’s frustrating, knowing that we were there not too long ago for the interview, right in the factory where she was making those… things.”

We were powerless then. Even if we could have done something to stop—” He was interrupted by a knock on the door. “Jaina, I’m afraid I’ll have to call you back. Someone is here to see me.

“Roger that.” The hologram flickered and faded out of existence.

Before Nimdok could speak, there was a second knock at the door. Whoever it was, they were impatient. Reaching under his desk, he pressed a button which unlocked and opened the door. “Come in.

WASN'T DROPPING NO EAVES
Equipment: Under-Armor, Clothes-How they look, Wrist Device, The Encoil, Zerek Stowaway Node, ICE/iBorg Clarion Personal Translator

There were voices on the other side, but she had learned quickly to tune out such things as eavesdropping. The sisters of the Mistryl group were quick to scold and leverage their own form of information gathering, especially given that she had not so secretly had a certain green knight in her apartment so soon after her first Mistryl assigment.

Whether the sisters had seen fit to share that information with the Silvers was yet to be seen however.

The permission was given to enter, and she managed to do that without incident at least. Slipping inside, she closed the door behind her with care before giving a slight bow to the man that sat before her.

"Greetings, Master Nimdok. I was directed to you in regards to a certain matter. About the light that casts shadows." A heavily cryptic was of speaking, but she wasn't entirely sure how best to approach the moment. She felt a little foolish on the matter truth be told. The Mistryl's had laughed a little at her expressions given their new association with the Silvers, but understood her need for discretion on the matter.

"I was approached before by another as a test, but I didn't dedicate to it. I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing then, didn't want to disappoint, didn't have a goal." She glanced at her braced right hand. Events had shaken her, but given her a clearer picture of things to achieve.

Hello—” Nimdok barely had a chance to greet the young woman who entered before she started talking. As she spoke, one eyebrow slowly rose in increasing confusion. The light that casts shadows? Approached by another as a test? Didn’t have a goal? What?...

Uh…” For once, the professor was at a loss for words. “I see. Well, miss… er, what did you say your name was again?Phalsi Drynchen. “Miss Drynchen, since you were directed to me, and mentioned shadows, I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume that you’re referring to the Jedi Shadows. There’s not really any need to be so secretive about it here at the Silver Rest, especially not in my office. Anyway, let’s talk. You can take a seat if you like—

He hesitated, realizing as he started to point toward the chair, that it was covered in a stack of books. Clearing his throat, he gestured with his hand, telekinetically moving the pile somewhere else in the rather cluttered room.

WASN'T DROPPING NO EAVES

The brief dumbstruck silence she gave in response to his words was enough to shake loose the worry that had plagued her.

"Ah. Sorry. I-sorry." All she was able to manage given the small rant she had gone on instead of waiting. There was a pause as the seat was cleared, taking the seat before looking at the man once more.

"The Mistryl's, the Shadow group of Emeberlene I mean, wanted to foster a working relationship with the Jedi Shadows. One investigation and information group to another." She glanced at the desk. Not sure how this talk would go.

You’re quite all right,” Nimdok murmured, his tone and expression showing clear amusement. She seemed eager and earnest, stumbling due to awkwardness and, perhaps, a sense of uncertainty about how much she should say.

I am familiar with the Mistryl. Are you here as an official representative of them, then?” He gave her a chance to explain a little more, then added, “Have you come to see me to foster this relationship, or because you want to be a Jedi Shadow as well?

It wasn’t so much that he had read her like a book (though he was a telepath, and could very well peer into her thoughts for confirmation) as he was simply reading into all that she had said. “You spoke of a test that you didn’t dedicate yourself to fully. What was the test, and who presented it to you?

WASN'T DROPPING NO EAVES

"Sort of. I'm an interim representative at the moment.They felt it best at the moment to have me ask, given I am a Silver. They've been busy...cleaning house since the silvers arrived." She sort of wiggled beneath the amusement. Not entirely uncomfortable by it but there was a bubbling feeling of chagrin at her own awkwardness.

"Both. They want to work hand in hand rather than as arms length and I've been interested, just sorting out my own stuff of late to actually be involved." She grimaced a little at her own floundering. Having not had a clear headspace or goal early on in her career to dedicate to the calling.

"More of a meeting, like this one. I think their name was... Ilwynog. I showed up to meet them but...well. I sort of. Ran off. Shortly after to the outer rim." She was definitely squirming underneath the admittance of that shortcoming. Her mouth set in a deep frown as she seemed to shrink into herself.

"I want to pursue this though. Better myself. Become reliable. Not be an impetuous child." She spoke suddenly, trying to rid herself of the embarrassment she felt.

Nimdok was of the view that the Mistryl had been “cleaning house” for the past eight centuries, but he didn’t say so. They wanted to foster a closer relationship and had stretched out a hand in friendship. Who was he to turn down help when it was offered?

I’ve never heard of this Ilwynog individual, but I imagine they’re still around,” he said. “On the other hand, since you’ve come to me, I suppose I can sign you up for Shadow training. Assuming you haven’t already been through it…

Before he could say anything else, there was a knock on the door. Nimdok didn’t need to ask who it was; he recognized his daughter Miri’s presence in the Force before she spoke, her voice muffled through the wood.

“Dad, Cowboy peed on the floor in one of the meditation chambers. I cleaned it up but Master Ducani got mad at me and said I shouldn’t have brought my dog in there. Is there a rule against bringing pets into the meditation chambers?”

No, I don’t think so, but you’re probably well on your way to creating a new rule against it,” he replied dryly. “I’m busy at the moment, please come back later and I’ll talk to you then.

“Okay, bye.”

As the little girl left, Nimdok glanced at Phalsi and sighed. “New puppy,” he offered by way of explanation.

Last edited:

WASN'T DROPPING NO EAVES

"No I hav-." She cut herself off with the knock at the door. A quiet moment passing as she heard the voice beyond explain the situation. There was small smile that grew as the man before her engaged the voice behind the door.

A silent knowing that she should keep quiet than suggest a select set of words to advise what she guessed was a child to use as a rebuttal to the Master in question. Something she had slowly yet steadily worked on being better about. Though the drawback was awkward ice breakers now.

The voice from beyond sent away, Nimdok explained and she couldn't help but smile at what she'd heard.

"So long as they are happy. Sounds like this Master needs a puppy himself." She offered, the last closer to a mumble than anything as she readjusted herself.

"Ilwynog might have been a moniker thinking about it. Big, broody, covered in armor. Didn't see their face. We met in an out of the way bar." She piped up with a bit more vigor. The jitters seemed to have been dispelled for the moment.

"And no, I haven't done any training for the Silver Shadows. But thought I should, at least to help with the two groups anyway. There are a few stipulations from the Mistryl's." She spoke a bit easier, even leaning back in her seat a little as she watched him.

Well, there is some paperwork—I’d have to approve you for training, though that’s easy enough.” He picked up a datapad from somewhere on his cluttered desk and began to draw up the papers. Perhaps it came across to Phalsi as unusually quick, maybe even dangerously so, but Nimdok was eager to build up the as-yet small number of Silver Shadows.

Stipulations?

WASN'T DROPPING NO EAVES

Paperwork didn't seen to bother her, granted there was a small draw of her brow at the speed this was moving. The Mistryl's had played a much different experience out with her recruitment, and it felt strange to sit in an office and nearly discuss the whole thing.

Granted, she was thankful she didn't have people chasing her around her home planet without any warning for this process.

"Sounds...good." A small pause on her words as she still processed the whole new situation. His question to stipulations had her perking up.

"Yeah. If I can, much like the Silvers its just avoiding killing. Like, say a target has bodyguards. Avoid killing the bodyguards as best able pretty much. The Mistryl's frown on wasting life...mostly." There was a small shrug to the addition.

"Other than that, just figuring out rules for exchange or what's best for both parties. They don't want to overstep or assume is what it boiled down to in the meeting, that could have been a holo-mail. Typical inter-company business stuff I would guess. I can bring you that information later." She informed him.

Nimdok made a humming noise in the back of his throat, a sign of approval. “We frown on that here too. Don’t kill unless you have to.

Using a stylus, he scribbled his signature at the bottom of the document. “There—you’re all set to begin training as a Shadow, but you’re not quite a Shadow yet. Depending on whether or not you picked a Jedi class, Sentinel, Consular, Guardian, and so on, the training will be molded around your strengths. Used to be that only Sentinels could become Shadows, but we’ve decided to put a stop to that.

He looked up, meeting her gaze. “Any questions, doubts, misgivings, et cetera?

WASN'T DROPPING NO EAVES

There was an acknowledging nod to his statement. She knew all too well the cost after the fact from one source. She didn't feel like testing that from two. The question of her focus came up, to which she gave a grin.

"Sentinel. But I can tell you now I need physical training more than anything. I'm used to sitting behind a screen..." A small pause on her words as she remembered the context he gave earlier to his office and speaking.

"Slicing. It's in my record." There was a small shrug to the addition. She pondered on any other questions but drew short of them.

"Nothing at the moment. I'll see myself out. You've got a uh...more pressing issue if I remember." She informed him with a small laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom