Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Servants of the Light [Potential Minor Faction]

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
In keeping with Sorel’s character, and in no small way for all of the reasons she chose to leave her IC role as GM of the Silver Order of the Jedi — as well the consequence of a logical stepping down as FL for the Faction — I have been searching for a logical home for her.

Hence my musings about the Servants of the Light.

And rather than wax lyrical about the potential Faction, it made more sense to present some FAQs, which I can add to if any new queries come to light:

Q: Who are they?
A: The Servants of the Light is a Jedi Order devoted to combating the dark side of the Force wherever it manifests.

Q: Are they typical Jedi?
A: Like most Jedi, they study, serve and use the mystical energies of the Force. They seek peace and justice, usually against their mortal enemies, the Sith and Dark Jedi — who study the dark side of the Force.

Q: Are they going to become a Major Faction in time?
A: No. Why? Because they are not political. This Order takes the old line that the Jedi are servants of the Light. They do not hold political office or govern planets, let alone run an entire government.

Q: Where will they be based?
A: I’ll find a temple somewhere and set up a base. If that planet becomes part of a Faction’s domain, then we’ll either negotiate to remain or move somewhere else. And the temple will not be a famous one, given we won’t want it to be a contentious location.

Q: Who can join?
A: Any Light-sider. In theory that includes non Force-Sensitives, but there are no immediate plans to work on this side of things.

Q: Can you join and be in a Major Faction too?
A: Of course, that is for each member to decide.

Q: Can members be allies in Invasions etc.?
A: Of course. It is for each member to decide if they want to support a given cause — as long as it is not directly supporting dark-siders.

Q: So what’s different?
A: Not much. There will be training and missions and the like. And we are a handy antagonist if a dark-sided Faction wants a Skirmish for example. The real difference is that the Faction will not include dark-siders and will not ally with dark-siders.

Q: Is this a hard-line Jedi Faction, akin to the Jedi Shadows?
A: No. The philosophy is mainstream Jedi. Sorel would not kill a dark-sider on sight although neither would she choose to ally with them as a matter of course. Somewhere in-between lies the logical order of things, although one-off situations do happen — that’s part of life.

Please share your thoughts and questions below :)

[member="Sorel Crieff"] - I don't have anyone suitable for this, as a couple of Jorus' most trusted friends are at least nominally Darksiders, but I think there's real room for traction here. More than willing to be a sounding board, faction creation resource, etc.

Sorel Crieff

[member="The Librarian"]

I appreciate the kind words - and as an aside, most of what you see is taken from Wookieepedia on the Jedi pages, so not actually zealous at all but Canon (or at least Legend) :)

Eirin

E
I like it. Will these be a sort of 'Jedi supremacy' group, do they strive for balance in the Force or complete Light?

Sorel Crieff

[member="Eirin"]

The Code and the role of the Jedi is always up for debate. Sorel's take on it is that the Force will always be in balance. It has always been so and it will always be the case.

So, opposed to the dark for sure, but not a supremacy group - just doing their part to ensure darkness does not take over the galaxy.

:)

I don't want to detract from the idea too much, and I think everyone deserves the right to explore factions as they wish.

I simply would like to ask, [member="Sorel Crieff"], why the need for another Jedi group? The more the Jedi splinter into different organizations, the less effective and cohesive they become as a whole. How do you combat that with another group of Jedi?

Sorel Crieff

[member="Ignus"]

It's a very fair and honest question you ask. This is not (planned to be) simply another Jedi Order for the sake of it, nor is it a splinter group - at least not in respect of an attempt to dilute the Jedi.

What it is, is a minor Faction for Jedi that follow something close to the Canon definition. Who don't want to be part of a government or ally with dark-siders. I'm not suggesting it's unique, but it's a place Sorel can call home with a heart that is true to the Force. And there is nothing stopping those Jedi being members of Majors or other Minors if that works for their characters.

Hope that helps :)

Sorel Crieff

[member="Kaia Vullen"] [member="Zylah Dvale"] [member="Lynn Nantaris"] @Eirin @Josh DragonsFlame

The Faction site is a WIP right now, it'll be fully running by the week-end though :)

rbZYW.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom