Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Seeking More Advice About Family Expansion etc

Last week I posted this thread where many people were very kind to give me ideas and thoughts for moving this character forward. I was originally debating on if I should use a character from Kat's past as an NPC to start her family, or if I should wait for a PC relationship to form here. I have since spoken to an admin and they explained that it would be unwise to submit an NPC for a character I did not own. I completely agree with them and wish to respect the staffs ruling so I have thus decided not to use her old love interest as an NPC here.

So now the question becomes what should my plan be? Kat is from the clone wars. She's been frozen. So the gap in time makes it difficult for family stories.

So should I:

1. Say her twin was frozen too and had a family - thus I could give birth to a PC niece or nephew and continue that way.

2. Scrap giving this character family and just move forward

3. Make a brand new NPC (one I actually own) and say they got frozen somehow too and the children got frozen so yay happy family

4. Some other awesome idea (please describe)

I really do appreciate the people who have been helping me brainstorm this. I'm always available to chat on discord too. My name is KitterBitters

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
Kat is from the clone wars. She's been frozen. So the gap in time makes it difficult for family stories
That opens the potential for great family stories.

Think Maharet from Anne Rice. Ancient yes but her family she watched and checked on even raised throughout the centuries if the need arose.
Or Rali who aafter she was frozen for spurning a succubus awoken to find her last family member a descedant of her brrother in need of help so to protect her she becomes a more dangerous being then the succubus and the goddess who charged her to defeat the creature.

Kat could find records of them or do a genetic search and see who else has familial DNA. A family having a living ancestor come back. There is a lot of potential for things.

I guess this would fall under option 4

That opens the potential for great family stories.

Think Maharet from Anne Rice. Ancient yes but her family she watched and checked on even raised throughout the centuries if the need arose.
Or Rali who aafter she was frozen for spurning a succubus awoken to find her last family member a descedant of her brrother in need of help so to protect her she becomes a more dangerous being then the succubus and the goddess who charged her to defeat the creature.

Kat could find records of them or do a genetic search and see who else has familial DNA. A family having a living ancestor come back. There is a lot of potential for things.

I guess this would fall under option 4

Hmmmm I guess I never considered that... like her brother continued and had children who had children... who on and on and on and now suddenly great great great great great grandma whatever Kat is here!

We will either find a way, or make one.
See. Caltin is going through the exact same thing(they should know each other). He had a daughter who survived his disappearance, as well as a sister. There is a huge family history that he looks back in that happened technically after him. The only reason he has a wife now is because she was known to him back in the day as well(a player from an old site too).

Syn is right. There are possibilities for NPCs as well as players here

See. Caltin is going through the exact same thing(they should know each other). He had a daughter who survived his disappearance, as well as a sister. There is a huge family history that he looks back in that happened technically after him. The only reason he has a wife now is because she was known to him back in the day as well(a player from an old site too).

Syn is right. There are possibilities for NPCs as well as players here

I would be more than happy to talk to Caltin! Or chat to you about any ideas especially if you are going through this too!

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
I think Syn has the benefit here... he lived the 900+ yearrs instead of being a popsicle.... and fighting darkside creatures.

Less confusion... more old man jokes thanks to Tempest Yore Tempest Yore

and yes there are so many possibilities for a fmaily that continued after one was thought goneor however one wants to do it.

I think the descendent of your kids is a neat idea. Reminds me a little bit of Cade Skywalker and Mara coming to him in visions, but in this case, you will be alive and can try and wrangle your great great great great great great grandchild from being an idiot and doing idiot things.

I think the descendent of your kids is a neat idea. Reminds me a little bit of Cade Skywalker and Mara coming to him in visions, but in this case, you will be alive and can try and wrangle your great great great great great great grandchild from being an idiot and doing idiot things.

It does sound interesting but might be hard to wrap my head around all the gaps in the family tree Lol

Why not figure it out as your character does? It's what I do. Who says you have to have it all down right away?

Good point.

Okay I’m thinking now between these options:

Option A) her twin brother was frozen too. Has a family. Kat gets a niece or nephew

Option B) she finds new relatives and ends up taking care of one thus getting a long lost whatever

Option C) she had a family before she was frozen so I thaw them out and give her immediate children etc.

I’m open to people letting me know which (if any) they like

I like option C. Only because you could weave in a mutli-thread storyline involving others in looking for the long-lost facility where said child is chillin' on ice. I see a lot of possibilities there.

Then again, I'm biased.

Like Connel said, its your story and your family, go with what makes sense to the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom