Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Searching for Knowledge(Matsu Ike)

3 days after [member="Matsu Ike"]'s discovery of the beskad.

Vulpesen smiled as they headed out into the galaxy. It had taken him a while to do the research needed for the next step, but this time he had a plan in mind and a goal to match. Checking the star map, he idly petted Ace, occasionally turning his head to the tunnel of hyperspace. Their destination, the Maw. While before they had used the ship of Jedi Master Matsu Ike, their change in vehicle did not change the company for once more, he could feel the presence of the master in one of the extra rooms of the black ship.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu looked at the man when she arrived, her bodysuit and light armor under the robes while she had the blade across her back. She had been spending the time researching and trying to find what information she could about it. Trying to figure out what it was and why it had a cloaking generator but smirked a little at him. "I hope you spent the time well, there is a great many things you could have learned from a holocron in three days. Hopefully it will all prove useful." She had her gear ready to go and work for this next step in the adventure they had, anythign could have come from it bbut she had a good feeling in the end.

He smiled and nodded, seemingly relaxed for the time. Of course, such passiveness was changed when they finally neared the maw cluster. "Captain take the seat, we're about to be in for a wild ride and I don't want to be blamed if we get sucked into one of those holes." Made up of a plethora of black holes, the slightest miscalculation could sent the Paladin spinning into oblivion, that combined with Vulpesen's moderate skills would have likely killed the crew. Thus, he conceded control of the ship to his more capable pilots while walking over to sit by [member="Matsu Ike"]. "Seems to me like Abeloth was trapped around here. Though, the dagger was never mentioned in this location, there was a mention of some sort of blade. Figured it'd be worth a shot."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu nodded her head to hat, learning all they could and everything about a potential threat was the way to go. She was wondering a few more things though but there was plenty they still didn't know. Her hand drifted to the blade's hilt and she touched it feeling the coolness of the metal and the weight of it. "A blade, if there is soemthign that can harm an ancient beast like that even rumored to we should try and find it. It could prove useful in the future." She had a few ideas but was thinking about things. "The real question is where are we going to be going next in this hunt? The galaxy is a large place and there are places few others really go."

He shrugged as they continued onward, lowering himself to sit with the other master. "There's any number of places we could go, though I think it's likely we won't be going to sunny Alderaan or the familiar Coruscant." He produced the holocron from his robes and examined his surface. "It actually mentioned two items, the blade, and a more useful holocron, one from a rather ancient jedi. I was thinking with that, I might do a it more as a jedi."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu looked at him and crossed her arms over her chest. "Well you never know, there are many mysteries on Coruscant and in the undercity there is things the Jedi have forgotten from a time before the taungs were exiled. You never know what from the past might resurface when you go looking. I know I have found more things dangerous and ancient just by asking questions with the old things in the galaxy. Hidden on worlds few have the imagination to think of."

Vulpesen nodded and sat back in his seat. "A fair point. And as my job among the shadows, I was required to find some rather interesting things in locations just as interesting." He felt Ace relaxing on his shoulder as the ship started to pass through the maw. "But its best we search for any leads before we check anywhere else. And as dangerous as it is, this cluster seems to be our best one."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu looked at him with a nod, it would be dangerous but you couldn't find the good things in the galaxy without the danger. Even going to try and search or find information in the temples could be dangerous and a chore since one never knew who was listening in or what they would report back. The jedi weren't the sih but they had learned things, they had learned how to be petty and backstab each other, to go after one another. It was what made her look on while walking. "Yes we shall have to but no danger no prize and I like shiny things when I can find them. It isn't everyday there is a prospect of a holocron to be found."

Vulpesen let out a small laugh at her declarations of danger's need. "True enough. And don't worry. I'm sure that the Jedi archives won't hold the holocron. They'll have information on it though." Vulpesen may not have been the most influential of jedi, but he was one of the most dedicated in terms of his time in service, compared to his peers. While the council forbid him certain knowledge, they never interfered with his work as a shadow. And finding holocrons was a main part of his job description.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu looked at him with a small grin on her face to that. The jedi archives might hold knowledge but there were better places, other places in the galaxy you could learn things from. "Possibly but there are other places in the galaxy you can learn information and usually it is more reliable. The journal I managed to find detailed Sorzus Syn's journey across sith space gathering knowledge and how she left clues and information. There are other places in the unknown regions and that the jedi abandon as it were. Teyan holds a great store of knowledge that the jedi council has disregarded. That is our destination and since they have yet to ask for the coordinates of their own prison I am not inclined to share them yet."

Vulpesens tarted to adjust the coordinates of their travel as [member="Matsu Ike"] indicated another planet. "Oh? Well, if you think its a better place than mine, then perhaps we can see what there is. Though, it doesn't seem very.... orthodox to go into this sort of shadiness with the jedi council." In truth, his holocron had made a fairly passing mention of the Maw, and more detailw as spent into what to look for in terms of traps and puzzles once they reached their destination.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Shadiness would imply I am using it for ill means... when in truth I am doing nothing with it. I am just leaving it be because they would abuse it or do nothing with it anyway. We shall have to see and there is a great amount of things we can try." She shrugged though to the man while setting the course for the planet the holocron indicated. "We'll get there and move towards the goal hopefully finding something interesting in the end or another clue to the puzzle. We'll have to see."

Vulpesen let out a small sigh, he wanted to deny it, but he knew it was true. As a jedi shadow, he had been very familiar with what happened to holocrons once recovered and while had never made any major discoveries, those he had found with even minor dangers, were often completely hidden from sight. While wary of the darkside, the jedi still believe that there was a point when knowledge was hidden too much. "In any case, we're only a few minutes away by now, so it won't be too long until our boots are back on the ground."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Agreed" The ship was moving towards it and Matsu was working, her hands laying out star charts on a table and she was sitting. Old tools working with them instead as she spoke. "These old gree charts were found by myself and a padawan. While not advanced the gree were very good at mapping the ancient stars and keeping the records. They should be from around the time as your holocron and not factor in several powerful things like centerpoint and the galaxy gun." The smirk on her face as they went was still there as she reache dinto the force. Herhead focused on the table now while eyes were flicking across the papers.

He nodded to her [member="Matsu Ike"] andstarted to prepare his things for when they got out of the ship. "So, how will these star maps help us? Do you think we'll be travelling around the galaxy in our little quest for knowledge?" He took out his lightssaber and went over it, making sure that everything was in running order. quest like these rarely ended without some sort of conflict.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Isn't that always how it happens?" She said it more as a joke but was also trying to think of a story or report she had read that had been rand without going across the galaxy. As they were going and ready she held a pack of equipment while checking the maps and speaking. "We have an idea though and using the gree maps I think I know where we are wanting to go. A nice place or at least an easier place." Matsu moved her hands off to the sides and spoke. "First step is here." The map came up with a planet as she was pointing it out. "The Gree built a tower on this world and the Silent Sisters disciples of the taung have maintained it since ancient times. We can use their facilities and you'll get a chance to see a world that from what I have begu to understand might be the home system of the ancient destructors."

Vulpesen rose a brow at the master and leaned back in his seat. "If you believe the Maw is not our destination, then please, feel free to take control of the nav computer and follow your maps. He reached over to start petting Ace who sat on the control panel. As much as I enjoy searching for things, the jedi masters never trusted me to do anything important. Somehow they always get the idea I'll blow up myself or others."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

That got another laugh from her as she gave a nod of her head. "I somewhat got the opposite, they may not have trusted me but they didn't really do anything. They ignored and brushed findings off as flights of fancy. So I would go by myself and slowly grew more bold, most never understood why. Then someone would say I was gone and had done this or that, so I eventually just stayed in the temples libraries unless I found something out and then I would go out and handle it before returning. Where they didn't trust you they outright ignored me and it was hard but now... now I have my own team and there are a great many things one can learn here. Where we are going is a place we can find some answers because we're going back to the beginning."

She looked at him more now offering a raising of her eyebrow. "Tell me Vulpesen, have you ever met a pre-republic society? I don't mean like cultures that survived. Such as the jedi, the mandalorians, I mean actual and whole, something that has lived and preserved itself from before the time when the Zhell on Coruscant even thought about banding together." She actually had some excitement in her voice at that though and tapped the displays as an image came up showing several members of a species. Their faces showing humanoid features at first and then giving way to a third eye and the serene face changing to one of rage and anger. "These are what the silver jedi found when we searched deep enough."

"They are called the Go Nagai and from conversations with some of them... oooh if you think sith are arrogant. You have no idea." She nodded her head both as a joke and slight exaggeration but the point was there as she continued. "They a long time ago mapped the stars, going from world to world as they claim purging the galaxy. We haven't found proof either way to support or dispute their claims of being the mythological destructors who purged Kesh at one point and several other worlds. The evidence that someone wiped them out once before has been found but we can't prove if it was them. All we have is their version of events and that their ruins are still around. Why bring them up? Because the Gree built upon their maps and tower in the system."

Now she was getting to it. "We can use it to find whatever we need or at least find the oldest worlds and civilizations that have been around. The galaxy is a strange place but understanding the past and what was encountered can help create a sense of understanding. Their claims and records of encountering a species on Tython are interesting. The old city that we have never been able to tell what species created it they claim to know... Again if it is a falsehood or truth we cannot tell they are very good at believing their own words. So truth and lies have the same feel under all forms we have used to try and figure it out but where we are going and searching I think they constructed the oldest ruins of. We found several more of their outposts constructed on and over on other worlds buried deep."

Now she was getting to the point. "And understanding where they spread out, is a way to find ancient holocrons because we have encountered far stranger things in ruins built within ruins. That city was their design with taung and later human sections. Whatever they have done it is deeper and older which means smart jedi would use it and let the creatures they enslaved." She pressed a button and several species they had confirmed as servants including large bugs towering over building and ones that could swarm, massive giants in heavy armor as well as their own powerful attacks. "Have been found on other worlds when we searched living in the dark and changing with the times." She was sitting there while the ship continued forward towards the planet."

Vulpesen listened to Master Ike as she spoke of her freedom within the order. Lucky her. He knew of her abilities with powers such as the force storm. The sheer power his friend held. And to be honest, he wanted it. Not all, just a taste. Not to know he held the power of life and death. But to know that should the time come when he needed it, it would be there. Zarro had always taught him to be prepared. And so far, this was the only master who had aided him in this goal. If only the council could understand his motives instead of writing him off as some boy hellbent of becoming a god with rare and dangerous arts. "It seems Master Ike, as though the council trusts you quite a bit."

Her next question peeked a bit of his interest and he turned to give her his full attention. Ever since he was a boy on Amar, the younger jedi had studied tomes and histories of the galaxy, learning as much as he could about those who inhabited it. And while most would abhor a history lesson, he found it quite interesting, especially with the prospect of finding one of these lost races. "Lets say we do find these Go Nagai. Do you think they can be reasoned with? Or will their arrogance lead to us finding truth behind the claims of their destructive power?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Vulpesen"]

Matsu looked at him and spoke. "We already have... or more then found us.... but they can be reasoned with... somewhat. The species seems to have developed a split. Light and dark, god and evil or in some cases just innocent and ruthless. Their minds are a dangerous place with two personalities. One at times seems like a child who is nice and innocent. The other is the dangerous one who believes they are a god. With arrogance on par with a hutt times ten." She tried to let that sink in but explaining their duel personalities was hard if you didn't observe it yourself. Not many would believe it was two beings until they felt the minds and the shift between them.

Though now she was letting a smirk come to her face as the ship was coming in towards the planet. Their work towards the city and tower a welcome sight to her eyes. "We'll be able to get their maps without having to deal directly with them. One day maybe you will meet one." She stood up and straightened her outfit while moving off towards the airlock and way off the ship. To get them the information they needed it would only take awhile but she was willing to have some fun with it. There were some species ont he world others didn't see in the galaxy while she let her ami come to her shoulder.

"This will only take awhile, what we are looking for should be quick to find and I sent a wave ahead for them to get what we needed." Matsu was walking as the sight of the tower came into view with the ship on a platform. The E'ron was a nice size for everything they needed and she looked at the large tower. The silent sisters coming out as they wore mouth covering motioning them inside. Telepathic messages buzzing around quickly as well as hand gestures while the standing tower was left over with the maps and its equipment. The Emperor and Empress in the highest and most protected levels below them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom