Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Scion Series Electric Turbolaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Intent: To create a specialized Turbolaser for use in Dawn of Hope Star Destroyers
  • Image Source: None
  • Canon Link: Turbolaser
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Scion Mobile Shipyards
  • Affiliation: Dawn of Hope
  • Market Status: Closed
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: Yes (Fire Rate)
  • Production: Mass Produced
  • Material: Special Electronics, Piezo-Electric Crystals, Thoranium
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Electric Turbolaser
  • Size: Very Large
  • Weight: Very Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Electricity
  • Ammunition Capacity: Extremely Large (Unlimited if connected to reactor)
  • Effective Range: High
  • Rate of Fire: High
  • Damage Output: High
  • Recoil: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES

Special Rapidly Recharging Turbolaser Firing Condensed Bolts of Electricity

Capable of 007 shot burst fire

Double range and Accuracy of most turbolasers

STRENGTHS

Electrical: Being an Electrical Weapon, it ignores many Conventional Shielding systems, and can even damage extremely tough organic hides all but invincible to typical laser weapons.

Low Power Requirements: The Piezo-Electric Crystals specially grown for this weapon allow it to operate with only 25 Percent the power Requirements of a typical Turbolaser. Based off the tech of the Static Pistol except greatly upscaled

Double Range: It's power efficient, meaning it can launch bolts at a farther range

Burst Fire: An ability almost unheard of in turbolasers, possessing a secondary burst fire mode that launches 007 bolts at once with each bolt having half the damage of a typical Turbolaser

Multi-purpose: Equally good for destroying Conventional Tech

Mass Production Friendly : Manufactured with the most cost efficient materials in mind

WEAKNESSES

Low Semi-Auto Fire: When not firing in burst, it has a slow fire rate

Disalignment: If damaged it's Piezo-Electric Crystals malfunction, reducing it's firing rate to very low and it's Accuracy to drop by half

Overheat: Over heats and needs to cool for 007 seconds after 3 consecutive burst firings

Burst fire range: The range of the lasers in burst fire mode is cut in half.

Penetration: Takes twice as many hits to fully penetrate Conventional hulls

DESCRIPTION

Scion Electric Turbolasers: Why waste the Tibanna on those Crabs? Fry them with the same power that keeps your reading lights on!

--Sales Pitch

The Scion Series Electric Turbolaser is a next generation Turbolaser. Developed by the ambitious Scientists behind Scion Mobile Shipyards, This Electric Turbolaser is the first of its kind, designed to go into direct combat with Bryn'adul Vessels and Capital Ships, as well as almost any other conventionally armed foe. These Turbolasers are meant to be mounted on Star Destroyers constructed by The Dawn of Hope Faction. Schematics were sent to Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim out of confidence by the former Sith Imperial Scientists who defected to Darth Xiphos's side

Last edited:
I am only going to go through one submission at a time. I been very ill over the weekend and while I appreciate the amount of submissions, there is a lot needed to be fixed.

• Ammunition Capacity: Unlimited if connected to a proper reactor
  • Ammunition Capacity: (List the ammunition capacity. The more powerful and lighter the weapon, the lower the magazine capacity is likely to be. Please choose a size between Extremely Small, Very Small, Small, Average, Large, Very Large and Extremely Large. You may also include a number with the Rating)
I believe you are looking for Extremely Large. Use that rating.

Electrical: Being an Electrical Weapon, it ignores many Conventional Shielding systems, and can even damage extremely tough organic hides all but invincible to typical laser weapons. They are specifically tuned to damage the following:

Quilxyn Shields

Verikast

Malabast

Draelvasir Technology
No, this will not cut it. Simply being ignoring most conventical shielding systems would do just fine. Do not reference someone elses species or technology. Remove them.

Also while I appreciate I hope the reference to James Bond 007, why is this almost on ever submission? I want an answer before I move on as this is a bit...annoying and needs to be addressed before moving further.

Let me know when you change these and respond. Your ratings however are perfect so A+ long as you change that to Extremely Large.
Laertia Io Laertia Io

Edited out specific species and technology, but is it alright if I leave in "capable of damaging extremely tough organic hides otherwise invincible to typical laser weapons" I wasn't sure if that fell under what you wanted removed

Edited to extremely heavy.

As for why 007 is in nearly every submission...it's partly an ongoing in story numerical motif (plot point also, but I don't want to spoil things too much) and also OOC it seems a good "middle" ground for cool down, ammo count, or recharge speeds. It's not six, it's not eight, and if a boon does not provide too great a reward, and if a drawback does provide too insurmountable a disadvantage. Depending on how much of a cool down or boost I want in a sub for a certain ability used, I go in multiples of 007

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom