Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Bryn'adûl | Verikast Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a metal used by the Bryn'adûl in large form.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Bryn'adûl
  • Affiliation: The Bryn'adûl
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: Minor
  • Material: Veritast Ore
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Metal
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Color: Red/Silver
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: High
    • Kinetic: Low
    • Lightsabers: Average
    • Elemental: Average
    • Ion/EMP: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Molecular Density: The Veritast metal is notably more molecularly dense when compared to other metals, making its resistant to energy based weaponry such as Disruptors and typical Blasters. The density of the metal allows for greater punishment before the material deteriorates at the molecular level; this affects melting and the progression of heat through the metal.
STRENGTHS
  • Sturdy: This metal when shaped into armour/weapons is durable enough to protect against the diverse range of energy based weaponry with great efficiency.
WEAKNESSES
  • Metal Defence: Without otherwise sourced protection as part of an undersuit, this material does not provide particularly proficient kinetic defence.
  • Ion/EMP: This metal's molecular design reinforces energy defence primarily, sacrificing a density-based defence against Ion style offence.
DESCRIPTION:
A staple of Barad Defence, Veritast Metal is a mass-produced metal made from Ore found on one of the larger shattered continents floating in orbit of Draemidus Prime. Forged by the terrible travesty that came upon the planet many millennia ago. Veritast is used for many different types of craft, vessels, weapons and armour.

Last edited:

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus

Second chance approved.

Regarding the concerns previously mentioned around the disruptors vs real world science, I don't think there's really enough provided for anyone to definitely say one way or the other if molecular density would play any role in making it more resistant or not. Star Wars science is vastly wonky in many regards and is always written by a 'sure, this sounds plausible, right?' standard. I personally don't think I fully agree with density being a resistance, but occasionally we have to know when to check the real world at the door.

With that sad, after discussing it with the Factory RPJ staff, I am willing to approve this at a slightly lower production rate. I also ask that you remove 'two-fold' from the special features.

Amend and tag me accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom