Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scars of Time (FWC Dominion of Dorsis - Hex U-27)

He smirked. Maybe hey could get away from this. He doubted it, and knew that he was going to have to work some intense shifting of his flight style to get away. He wasn’t used to outrunning feds anymore. Most of the time, if he was carrying something he shouldn’t be, he had the flag of the Alliance, or just the Outer Rim Coalition’s capability of running around. And carrying what he wanted. Life was nice. But here? He was trying to do too much at once. His ship wasn’t tuned for the run and he just needed to get away from the Core.

It was just spice, but guns, but mostly spice. He knew it was bad, but the stuff was frakking medicinal in some worlds. He shook his head and continued his flight, a bit slow. From a distance they probably wouldn’t get anything funky about his wake, but up close, and with a watchful eye?

Yeah, then he was boned.

[member="Delila Castillon"]

WD-334 had brought about a small convoy of shuttles to the system of Dorsis. It had been said that there was plenty of salvage here and left behind droids. An opportunity in the receptors of the war droid. The convoy headed down to the surface of Dorsis, and out came salvage crews with a guard of Metal Lord forces. The droids left here had been left after the Metal Lords had left the system. The same had happened with other systems. WD-334 had been inactive during the leaving of Metal Lord territory and was investigating what had happened.

The droid stepped onto the surface. In it's time during the reign of the Metal Lords, it had not been here. The hulking mass walked about, looking around. The shipyards of Saberhing. The droid could already see a few left behind droids. They did not recognize WD, but did with some of the forces and the insignia. With a series of bleeps, the war droid ordered the forces to spread out and find left behind forces throughout the shipyards.

Objective: Find the artifacts
Companions: [member="Mercutio"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] ( [member="Lord Nexus"] soon)

"Who's the sexy blond? Stardust doesn't have any hair. Mine isn't blond either...Oh just go do what you need to do!"

Shaking her head at him, Ra couldn't help but catch the joke he intended. Not falling for it fully though, she watched as he placed a mask over his face and faded away. Once it was in place, he got serious and that attitude within him changed. In a way it was quite similar to her. She really had picked a good apprentice.

Watching him through the Force more than anything else, that was something she was going to train him better on. While he could easily remain hidden from physical view, she could still feel him in the Force.

As he ran off, Ra turned to her sister as she spoke. The last part was said only loud enough for her to hear, but she spoke up about the first and lowered her voice to match that of Star near the end. Glancing around to attempt to pinpoint what she felt. Ra knew who was heading their way. Lord Nexus. An equal to her in many ways.

They had met on Nar Shadda and exchanged a few blows, their names and an enlightening conversation. Their parting had been rather odd, not good or bad. Very neutral considering what he had done to her friend there. Somehow she knew they would meet again, just not where. What was he doing here? Reaching out with the Force to focus on him for a moment, she felt he had changed slightly since their meeting. Lifting an eyebrow, that touch receded and her attention came back to Stardust.

"That's some of why we're here. Call it on the job training. Somebody I ran into on Nar Shadda will be joining us shortly."

Filling her sister in on the major details, she left out the minor ones. Like the fact, he had almost punched her lights out before they sat down to have that conversation.

Find the robbers?

Theo pulled his coat closer for some reason being here was giving him the heebeejeebees and it was driving him to the edge. He knew that there were others on Dorsis from the Coalition but he had not yet taken it upon himself to look for them. He should but well he figured if this was punishment it was meant to be solitary.

He had not spent a lot of time alone in his life either there had always been someone there looking over his shoulder making sure he did what he was supposed to. The Rangers gave him opportunity to prove himself to himself. If they did not make sense to anyone he didn't want to explain it but something said they did understand.

His father and mother in their fervor to make sure he knew they were family had actually created this bubble that Theo had to break out of without hurting their feelings. Investigative work got him off Alderaan and let him actually work.

He headed off to find the local authorities get their take on what was happening.

Ran along edges of the roof tops as skilled as an alley cat and just as silent as one. He scanned the area a few blocks ahead.
Then he channeled the force into his legs before using it to jump to the roof across the street.
As he landed with silent ease he was astonished, he had been able to finally keep his force cloak active while using a secondary force ability.
However, he had time to pat himself on the back later, now he had work to do.
Quickly he made his way back, checking every alley and street beneath him along the way.
Then he felt it.
A presence, fastly approaching.
He waited, focusing hard on his cloak to insure he would not be detected, and be waited patiently, looking down on his two companions, watching over them.
In the back of his mind he hoped Ra would not get worried at his tardiness and go looking for him. Though usually he would never use anyone, especially her, as bait, tonight he would, as he knew it was the best way to catch who or what ever it was that was approaching off guard.
He brushed the worries from his mind and forced himself to only focus on his force cloak and keeping track of the approaching presence. He'd never poured this much energy into his force cloak before, but then again he had never had this kind of mind set either. The hunter rather than the hunted..

[member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Lord Nexus"]

She didn't hide herself; interesting. Perhaps she was worth the pursuit. Either that, or she was a fool. They would find out soon enough. Nexus noticed the presence of another, as he drew near, though Mercutio had managed to avoid his detection, due to his nature of focus. He sensed one thing, while the remainder was background noise. Ra'a'mah.

They traded blows, but something about her drew him to her. It was her conflict, and his natural affinity to it. He drew closer to her still, she was mere blocks away now. His aura, less chaotic than usual, cloaked him in a sense. Though she would know it was him.

After a few more minutes, he rounded a corner and made his way down the road where Ra and Stardust were located. He walked with slow, steady steps. Cloaked in his thick black robe, his hood was not drawn, granting Ra to see who it was that approached her. His eyes were locked on her as he strode towards them. They were ice blue, which was a good sign. That meant he wasn't on a 'force high'.

He approached in his typical slow, steady and ominous fashion. He was not one for hiding in the shadows. He made himself known to Ra.

Companions: [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Mercutio"] [member="Lord Nexus"]

She had called it on the job training for a reason...while she wasn't exactly paying Merc for this, she was training him. So now was an opportunity to try and teach him telepathy. Focusing on him, she sent her thought to him.

Watch. Observe. If you approach, do it openly. Otherwise, stay where you are.​

That was all she said to him. Even though Ra was his master, her focus was not in being a strong mentalist. However, she was confident enough in her ability to communicate with her apprentice. It was usually one of the first things any Force user learned and would come in useful in situations such as this. Communication was used in operations and this was a small scale one.

After that was sent, Ra could almost hear the steps of Nexus as he approached their location. The night they had met, he was recently reawakened and out gathering up his belongings that had been scattered through the galaxy. The dots connected in her mind at that point. He was here for something. Probably more of his lost items.

Watching him as he walked to where she and Star stood, their eyes met and she raised a single brow at his shaved face. As he got closer, Ra noticed his eyes weren't full of the anger or darkness as they had been when they met. Both were calm, but that wasn't abnormal for Ra. He was out in the open and not hiding. In a way, Ra could appreciate this and gave him a slight nod.

If he got close enough to speak, then she bring out the map she had shown her two companions earlier on the holopad.

"My apprentice has gone off scouting to see if there's anything barring our way and should be back any time. Are you wanting to work together to get whatever is yours? I think the rest of the cache may also have items of interest."

Post 3
Objective-find the artifacts
@Ra'a'mah [member="Lord Nexus"] [member="Mercutio"]

Stardust walked silent beside her sister, glancing forward and kept her sense open to see if she could sense anything nearby hoping maybe one of the artifacts would suddenly get closer she wasn't sure

However something caught her sense a dark side presence....She looked forward as she saw a man approaching that just oozed the dark side....not as bad as some shed seen but definitely bad. She glanced to ra again then forward holding herself tall as the three walked and met up

hopefully nothing bars our path...if so let's hope it's bothing to bothersome

Was just about to step off the ledge until he heard the voice of his master sound within his mind. He paused, weighing all the options set before him before thinking to himself:

"As you command, mistress."

Then sent the thoughts along the same wavelength as he had received them.
In doing so however his force cloak shimmered just a bit for a split second. He quickly recovered his focus however before swiftly leaping to building across from him. He then used the momentum to quickly fling himself through the air to land gracefully, and more importantly, silently on the street lamp directly over the gathered force users below. Wrapping his force cloak tightly around his presence he sat perched atop the shining light, gazing down upon those below, listening and watching, though tense as a ballista pulled taut, ready to act at a moment's notice.

[member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Lord Nexus"]

The warehouse that 9-LOM brought him and his guards to seemed run-down on the outside, though the interior wasn't much better looking. Machinery and tubing ran everywhere, though some of it appeared malfunctioning. Sparks rained down as a high conveyor belt rang out with a banging sound, pieces of droid arms falling along with them. A maintenance droid's repulsors hummed as it flew towards the issue, quickly taking action to repair the problem.

"That is an unfortunately common issue," a feminine droid's voice spoke, drawing Errreembuhr's attention away from the belt. "Without the presence of trade, we are finding ourselves with less and less properly working machinery."

The L-1 Tactical droid approached him with a typical mechanical whir from its leg joints. It held out a hand towards him, the joints in its arm groaning, clearly in need of oil, its body plating showing signs of rust despite many of the droids around it appearing much better maintained. "I am L-UKX. I believe this is the typical greeting fashion for organic beings?"

Errreembuhr nodded, reaching forward, though his wookiee hand far outsized that of the droid.

"My name is Errreembuhr. I am- was of the Metal Lords."

"Ah. Yes. The Metal Lords. Formerly the rulers of Dorsis and Saberhing."

"And now I've come with news."

"Oh?" L-UKX turned and began walking away, the rest of its droid guards and 9-LOM following. "News. Curious. There are three major groups surrounding this system. The Galactic Alliance, the coalition of Alderaan, and the Commenor Alliance. You are with the Alderaan coalition, yes?"

Taken a bit by surprise, Errreembuhr nodded. "I am. How did you know?"

"I am a tactical droid, Errreembuhr. Predicting probabilities and potential outcomes and threats is directly in my programming. You have come alone, with a paltry guard made up of droids in a single shuttle, which means you are not of the Galactic Alliance. And the Metal Lords claimed alliance with Alderaan, which boosts that probability significantly."

"Where is your former lord?"

"Gone." L-UKX stopped, turning to face him. "As many of them are. You are the first we've seen in some time since the attacks. We have managed to protect ourselves somewhat, but as you can see, this is a losing fight. We cannot hold out against the scavengers, and they will come again."

Errreembuhr stopped to look the droid in what passed for its eyes. "What scavengers?"

"Just locals. Not too dangerous before recently. But they have taken out all but a handful of our combat-capable droids. The rest of what I have are construction and maintenance drones. Some protocol droids. But you have brought guards with you."

"I have. And I've come to give you a place with my company on New Plympto. A place in my organization for you and your droids, along with full manumission and protections offered by the government of New Plympto and Alderaan."

"Hm. You make it sound like we have no other choice."

Errreembuhr let out a laugh, though to any being unfamiliar with the wookiee language it would sound like only a roar. "We will help you either way. Our help comes without a catch. But here, you and your droids will rust away. You'll run out of supplies, you'll run out of parts, and you'll be always under threat of attack."

"And with you I expect that work in your facilities comes as part of the deal."

"As I said, you will receive manumission. If you choose to work in my facilities, you'll receive all the same rights as your previous lord gave you."

Before L-UKX could answer, another droid rushed in, an old model battle droid that looked more rust than metal. Its leg joints creaked as it approached, and the ancient looking E-5 blaster rifle barely looked functional.

"They're coming, Madam Lux."

L-UKX gave a mechanical nod, and the droid rushed back out, nearly tripping over one of the fallen pieces from earlier. "We will accept your offer. If we make it out of this."

Errreembuhr reached up to his chest rig, pressing a button to open a channel with his ship. They would need the backup of the other droids on his ship, and better weapons than the antiques these droids seemed to carry.

He closed the gap between them, watching her like a hawk the whole time. She didn't reach for her weapon, so he did not reach for his. They left on a peculiar note, not truly declaring their disposition to one another. As a result, they were locked in a standoff of being friends, and being enemies.

Noting her eye brow, he smiled to himself. Clearly the simple change had achieved the desired effect of making him harder to immediately recognize. He watched her in silence for a moment. Then she made the first move, addressing him. At first he assumed that she was threatening him by mentioning her returning apprentice, but as she continued, she began to intrigue him. She seemed oddly comfortable and informal. The Dark Lord was the one to raise his eye brow this time.

"Am I to assume that the you being in proximity of my artifacts twice now is mere coincidence?"

Even though he did not know her connection to the artifacts, if there was in fact one, he did know one thing. The artifact was not here. But it was on this planet, he could feel its call.

Come to me...

It beckoned him. Nexus closed his eyes for a brief moment, focusing on the call, then reopened them, looking at Ra. He looked at the Holopad that she was showing, then back at her.

"It seems the force has a sense of humor. Our destinies are intwined today- we shall walk the same path. Now tell me what you are doing here. What is this cache that you speak of?"
[member="Mercutio"] / @Ra'a'mah / [member="Stardust Raxis"]

Company: [member="Lord Nexus"] [member="Mercutio"] [member="Stardust Raxis"]

"Stardust meet Lord Nexus and you get the idea."

Her tone was almost flat as she spoke, but there was no real hostility and a small underlying sense of humor. The introduction done, Ra could feel where her apprentice was and pointed up at him. At this time it should be clear to him, he could come down and join them since Nexus did not intend any violence to her or Star.

"That is my apprentice, Mercutio. He still has some to learn on how to be a proper assassin, but he's improving. These excursions are helping him greatly in being able to do more than one Force task at the same time."

Speaking loud enough for​ Merc to hear, when she brought her hand down and listened to what Nexus said. Very aptly describing the humor the Force had, she shook her head with a small chuckle.

"That it does, Lord Nexus. As to what we doing here..."

She went to explain what they were doing on Dorsis and about the Shadowlord along with what information she had about the location they were looking for.

"With you being here as well, it appears this Shadowlord acquired something that belonged to you. Who he was is a mystery though."

Took one last look around before slowly reaching up to his mask and carefully sliding it off, dropping his force cloak at the same time.
After removing his mask he shook his body rigorously, like a wet dog trying to dry off, before tying the mask to his belt and looking down at those gathered

"Hey. Hey! New guy! Can you.. move like, I don't know, three feet to the left? I wanna.... I wanna do a super hero landing! Gah, nevermind. I'm coming boss lady!"

He hollered down, before simply shrugging and letting his body drop off the the side of the street light, landing gracefully on the tip of one foot before settling into a balanced stance beside Ra with his arms folded across his chest looking to [member="Lord Nexus"]

"A key point about what Ra said about our mission: Stealth. That in mind bubba, I gotta ask, can you tone back the whole... I dunno what to call it.. evil? The whole 'creepy as hell death is coming for you' force presence thing you got going on. Cause I could even feel you coming up on us and my force sense isn't very well tuned.."

His tone was one of jest, but the request was genuine

"Names Mercutio. Always fun meeting a... Sith?"

He asked, before looking to Ra for confirmation

[member="Stardust Raxis"]

[member="Mercutio"] @Ra'a'mah [member="Lord Nexus"]

Ras' apprentice was near, she glanced toward his direction and gave a grin before returning her attention back towards the group. She wondered what happened between ra and this Lord nexus for the two to meet up. Stardust knew her sister had connections and was a sith...could this be a associate or maybe...no stardust could not see that...maybe?

twice now? And your artifacts? Truelly you have my interested now...

She said mostly to herself then anyone in particular, her attention went back up to merc, why was that idiot yelling?! She moved back a bit and watched him land ad she frowned a bit and glanced to ra as if to say "can I smack him upside he head or should you?" However he did have a point this was stealth and Lord nexus was....well in the force and just a general feeling a GIANT IM HERE sign

I do agree...Oh I haven't introduced myself my apologies, stardust queen of imahalyan and the emerald dragon a pleasure to meet you

She said and bowed

The force works in mysterious ways. After their brief clash on Nar Shaddaa, Ra had crossed paths with him once again. Ironic. Yet Nexus revelled in irony- Chaos was his element, and the unexpected was what he loved. He watched Ra, with those ice cold eyes. analyzing, processing and acting upon these things.

"Shadow Lord... Interesting..."

He revealed nothing more. Perhaps he knew this Shadow Lord, or perhaps it was a pompous toad seeking to feed their ego. Nexus didn't know, nor did he care. At the end of the day, it could have been a jedi grand master that held his artifacts- but they would die the same death. A painful one.

"Hey. Hey! New guy! Can you.. move like, I don't know, three feet to the left? I wanna.... I wanna do a super hero landing! Gah, nevermind. I'm coming boss lady!"
The Dark Lord did not move, nor did he acknowledge the man, save for his brow, which furrowed for a moment out of annoyance. Clack. There was an echoing sound as Mercutio landed directly in front of him. Nexus did not react, as he sensed no threat- where as if Mercutio had ill intent, he would meet a swift ending- and slowly turned his head to face the man.
"Names Mercutio. Always fun meeting a... Sith?"
"There are no Sith these days...Save for me. I seek to change this."
I do agree...Oh I haven't introduced myself my apologies, stardust queen of imahalyan and the emerald dragon a pleasure to meet you
With that, he turned his attention back to Ra and Stardust. As the Twi'lek introduced herself, Nexus kept his eyes on Ra, ignoring her noble greeting. Titles and formality had no sway over him, as he had walked in all shoes, and learned that titles were no better than leaves in the wind.

"If we are to walk this path, I need to know where we are going..."
[member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Mercutio"] [member="Ra'a'mah"]

Company: [member="Lord Nexus"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Mercutio"]

It quickly became clear to Ra that she was going to need to give her apprentice some lessons in etiquette and how to speak to other sith with at least a form of respect. She herself wasn't a formal stick in the mud, at least she didn't think so, but respect was something she knew about.

Careful how you act with some people. Next time that might get you killed.

The scolding was given to him mentally and if she had been able to include a slap up the backside of his head, she would have. At least Star had an idea on how to introduce herself, but Star had been around the block a few times and was royalty on her home. As her sister spoke though, Nexus kept his eyes on Ra and barely acknowledged the introduction.

What he said before Star spoke seemed to be directed at Ra and not her apprentice. He wanted to bring about change and it had started with her on Nar Shadda. A lesson given there and now she was sure more were to happen after even today. As the thought crossed her mind, she liked the idea of being in his company more. They were of different themes, but he had a power she lacked. What it was, she didn't know, but was set on learning it.

To answer his question, she brought out the datapad again and lit up the hologram display. A rough map was outlined on it to where it was thought the cache was of artifacts of this Shadowlord.

"The information I have isslim, but this Shadowlord is long gone. What he left behind has only recently begun to make its way out of his cache. That is our objective here. To collect what remains to keep it out of the hands of wrong people."

He moved through the streets focused on his task but lingering at the back of his mind the incident with Caleb. The way the guy talked just made him feel greasy he hated hearing his sister talked about like meat.

But then why did he do it? Did he want people to know he knew his sister? Or was it some ploy to get the others to admire him. He just didn't know. He had not grown accustomed to people doing that. He hadn't been raised among liars well not that he knew of.

He began to walk slower, began to think about his own behavior. Had he acted like a prince should? It depended on which side of his heritage he leaned towards. One way as a mandalorian yes he had acted correctly, but as an alderaani had he?

He sighed looking up he found himself near the local law enforcement office, "Ok..time to work" Theo headed inside.

His shuttle patrolled overhead, piloted by one of his droids as Errreembuhr took position with L-UKX and some of her droids within the facility. Primarily non-combat droids, though a few of his retinue had joined them as a last line.

"Even with your added numbers I predict only a forty-seven percent chance of victory." L-UKX's voice had been silent as they waited, with her subordinates being the ones that seemed full of chatter about what was likely coming their way. "You haven't brought very many droids with you."

Errreembuhr looked her way as he prepared his bowcaster. "Perhaps it wouldn't be too much of a problem if we had the ancient weapons that your droids are armed with. But those," he says, pointing to the EO-5 and EO-7 rifles that his droids carried. "Those are just off the assembly line of my facility on New Plympto."

"A blaster is a blaster. Regardless of design."

"You aren't wrong. But a well-maintained blaster, one that isn't rusting in an old shipyard, is superior to something that likely hasn't seen action since before the ravishing of the plague."

"Hmm," was all L-UKX could gather in response.

The unmistakeable sound of blaster fire from outside reached them, and many of the droids within began to panic, or at least beeped and chittered in what could be understood as panic. A soft ping and a flashing blue light on his chest rig indicated that Errreembuhr had an incoming holomessage, and with the press of a button, the image of one of his droids, WS-7727, appeared before him.

"We have engaged encroaching forces," the droid said as his comrades around returned fire, the crackling sound of enemy bolts on metal hissing to the side as a blast struck their cover. "Based on enemy fire volume we estimate seven hostiles. Five with blaster carbines, two with pistols."

"Any support vehicles?" Errreembuhr asked as the few indoors with him readied their weapons. "Aircraft? Speeders?"

"Negative sir. The enemy seems quite disorganized. We have managed to pin down four of them behind a half-finished fighter. The other three are spread out but incoming blaster fire is scattered and inaccurate."

"Good. Eradicate them if you must, but if they flee do not pursue. Your troops are of much more import here. That is all."

"By your orders, sir."

The hologram ended, blue light disappearing back into his chest rig. He turned back to the gathered droids, each of whom seemed to have calmed down at the assurances of the soldiers under his command. Without a word he held patient as the sounds of combat outside slowly faded, with less and less fire traded with each passing minute.

Silence overtook the interior of the building, though it was short lived. A high beam came undone, falling from the ceiling with a deafening crash, sending dust flying everywhere in a nearly blinding cloud that would have choked him if Errreembuhr hadn't been wearing his mask.

The beam had previously been supporting an air duct, one that had gone unused when droids took over the facility. It was the perfect infiltration point, which is exactly what the man who crawled out of it had used it for. With a low groan, a body clad in a dark brown coat with baggy tan pants pulled himself from within, the blaster he'd planned to use sliding out with a scraping sound as it struck concrete.

"Please..." he said weakly, looking up at Errreembuhr. "Please... we just need the parts. To trade for food."

"You can get that without attacking innocents."

The man's weak face looked up at him, more perplexed than anything. "But... but they're droids. They're just droids."

"And a droid has as much right to exist as you."

The blaster bolt took him by surprise, and when he looked over, it was one of the rusting battle droids that L-UKX had with her. Errreembuhr didn't look down at the dead man, only to the droid that gave the command. Nothing was needed to be said between them. Only a silent nod came from the droid, one he returned.

The sound of blaster fire outside had subsided. Whatever was happening there, it was over.

"Now," Errreembuhr said to L-UKX. "Would you like to discuss again the offer I made you earlier?"

@Ra'a'mah [member="Lord Nexus"] [member="Mercutio"]

She frowned, being gnored after a greeting irked her a bit, she grunted a bit and looked towards ra, crossing her arms she nodded. Keeping what the shadowlord left behind out of the wrong hands would greatly benefit everyone. Stretching she sighed and started in the direction of where they should be going stopping she glanced back

well if we are gonna find this stuff we must start now

She said and turned forwardclosing her eyes and using the force to look around, these items had to ooze the force, least she hoped so. Feelimg something she started for it as she sighed out

we are close to something

Time to work he entered the building it looked a bit run down it had seen better days. The windows had that aged look to them that you only saw on buildings who couldn't afford to do better. He stepped to the counter, "Hi, I'm Ranger Vereen from the Coalition here to look into some problems you've been having."

Theo showed his identification the guy behind the desk wasn't impressed and that was ok. He looked like he had worked more than one double and he had that little smell about him that said he hadn't showered recently. Theo nodded respectful to the man behind the desk.

"Tell me what you need me to do" That seemed to get the man's attention, "Ranger huh, well come on back I'll give you a little show and tell'

"appreciate sir" There were a lot of places that respect went a lot further than demands, or invasion into someone's territory. If his parents could see him now being mindful of others they'd be proud.

Theo stepped behind the counter and followed, "I don't have a lot details."

"That's ok" the man looked over at him trying still to size him up. Theo nodded as they turned the corner into a small room. It wasn't so small that his knees would knock the walls but it wasn't meant for more than a few people at a time. Maybe they should build these guys a better facility with some better work spaces that might help.

The desk sargeant pointed to a seat and Theo slipped into it he looked the man in the eyes showing he was ready to listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom