Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scarif Seaclusion

Imperial Storyteller

I
SWRG1717_image1.jpg
S C A R I F
8 5 0 A B Y

Scarif was by far one of the most beautiful planets in the Galaxy by a whole, and when there wasn't a battle ravaging the terrain; its attractiveness multiplied tenfold. In its entirety, the celestial body was tropical; hundreds of archipelagos dotting the shallow, world-wide ocean, each with soft, white sand making up the shores of these islands. Almost a week ago, a frigate bearing the colors of the Galactic Empire had arrived for an exploration of the planet, enraged to find that once again the pretenders in the First Order had encroached upon their claim before they were taken down by a hidden rebel base.

One day-long battle passed, with the Order being driven away along with the rebels. But the Imperial forces had to suddenly leave to chase said rebels and begin the Bothawui campaign weeks ahead of schedule, starting with the Invasion of Rebel-allied Bothawui.

Imperial Grand Moff Graf, agreeing with the recommendation of Emperor Kardal, appointed Weapons Director Travis Caalgen as the Moff of the Scarif System. It was a busy week for the man, as he oversaw the construction of both a new security complex from the remains of the old one and the clearing of orbital debris for them to build a planetary deflector shield, the same design of the station that protected Kamino. Tanomas himself requested that the Director have a mansion built for the Imperial leader on the lush world, which itself was recently completed.

Graf's first order of business afterwards was to inform every soldier, crewman, and officer that had been present at either Scarif or Bothawui that they were awarded several days of rest and recuperation for their efforts. He also invited all of the commissioned officers, though this was not enforced, to his estate for a few days at the beach as part of their off-duty 'vacation'. While some turned down the offer in favor of other things, the large beach that had the mansion overlooking it were now peppered with distinguished Imperial officers, with more arriving by the hour...

Travis Caalgen

T
It was a nice irony for the Director.

A handful of days ago he was in this exact same position; lazily drifting on the surface of the shallow ocean, except this time he wasn't in a drenched uniform nor did he have a piece of shrapnel-debris pressing into his abdomen. Turning his head, Travis stared through the sunglasses that sat on his face towards the shore where a couple dozen Imperial officers were enjoying their off-duty time.

He would be lying if he said that the sight of so many female officers in swimsuits didn't appeal to him, even in his late forties he was still male, and a rather fit one at that. He diverted his attention away from the spectacle to see one of his death troopers, [member="DT-5981"], standing at the waterline without a helmet and in swim trunks for a change of pace; the squad leader had decided to watch over Caalgen even during his time off while the other trooper enjoyed the sun.

Travis righted himself, planting his bare feet into the sand, and trudged towards the shore. "Doesn't it get rather tiring, just standing their while the others have fun?" The Director queried, stepping up to the death trooper who was almost a head taller than him. "Sometimes. But it's a duty of a death trooper, sir." He would respond in an unusually clear voice, almost always talking to the man through a scrambling suite.

[member="Zesiro"] | [member="NT-6922"] | [member="Sara Lee Jones"] | [member="Frevik Margos"] | [member="Baron Morcus"] | [member="Kayrce"] | [member="Dominic Crowley"]

Natassia had her doubts when she received the invitation; it sounded like one of these boring "parties" from back in the days of the old Empire, before she got frozen. But now that she was there, she regretted nothing. Bothawui had been a pretty tough fight, but if it meant she got to enjoy some time off on Scariff, then it was definitively worth it; the sun felt wonderful, and even though she was quite tanned already, she still enjoyed the atmosphere. She remembered how anxious she had been about going to the private beach in her swimwear, but she found out as she arrived that it really wasn't something to be afraid of; the people invited seemed relaxed enough, and the sight of the newly-appointed Moff Travis Caalgen in swim trunks made her smile lightly. She did bring a bottle from her stash; her guilty pleasure was the intolerably expensive wine of the high society clubs, and it only seemed fitting to her to offer it to the host of this quite pleasing break from their usual tasks.
Everything was alright, and taking it easy made her feel good.

Although lazily lying in the sun felt good, she welcomed the change of pace as she received several droplets of water over her torso. Raising herself up to look at who had decided to throw some of the cool water in her direction, she smirked, preparing herself to get into the water soon and feel the freshness wash over her. Truly, this planet was a paradise.

[member="Zesiro"] I [member="Sara Lee Jones"] I [member="Frevik Margos"] I @Barong Morcus I [member="Kayrce"] I [member="Dominic Crowley"]

One of the largest perks of wearing his armor was the fact that when he took it off, it was as if he was an entirely different person as nobody would've recognized the High Inquisitor.

Skaara used this to his advantage when the Grand Moff had invited him and all of the other medium to high ranking officials that had taken part in the Invasion of Bothawui, as only one person had seen his true form outside of his armor; and she was nowhere to be found after the battle. 'Good' he thought to himself, still bearing figurative wounds from being betrayed by the woman, the only woman that he had ever truly been able to say that he loved.

The Zabrak Sith scanned the shore as he swam laps through the shallow Scarif oceans, spotting Director Travis Caalgen himself leaving the water as well as the countless females in nothing but swimsuits. He smirked to himself, slowing down to treading the water; light waves crashing over his torso.

Maker bless two-pieces.

Zesiro had left Bothawui in a huff of anger and irritation at Skaara. She had completed her mission there and been rescued by Desmond...again. Her parting words to the Chiss and her kiss had both been seen by her master. He had reacted the same way she had and walked off in anger. It had not been long after that where she was invited to join in the celebration and enjoy a day of vacation on the Skarif beach with the Empire.

Inquisitors could pretty much come and go as they pleased and her absence wouldn't have been missed yet. Deciding to take the invitation, Zesiro found the perfect bikini for herself and joined in the festivities.

Arriving after others, she wasn't as late as she could have been. Looking around at the various people, there were many she had never met before. In actuality, she had really only met three people. Her blue eyes looking through the crowd she spotted her friend right away and father out in the water with just head above the water was her master.

Taking a breath, Zesiro stepped out from the shade of the palm she had almost been hiding behind and moved to sit down on the sand next to Natassia. This woman had been the only friend Zesiro had ever had and she had missed her greatly, even if the time really hadn't been that long. Looking out at the people on the beach, quite a few were looking in her direction. The young sith ignored them though and looked at Skaara in the water.

He had told her, only she knew what he looked like under the mask. While striking fear into those around him, here he could be himself. The man Zesiro could have stayed happily with. Everything had to come to an end and before something would take him from her, she left.

Zesiro cleared her throat and looked at the trooper with a warm smile.

"I'm glad to know somebody here. How have you been, my friend."

[member="Skaara Carlon"] [member="NT-6922"] [member="Travis Caalgen"]

[member="Skaara Carlon"] [member="NT-6922"] [member="Travis Caalgen"]

This was a type of party sara...was not used to...then again shifting from first order to here hadn't been normal in a way...sought out by phantom after a few no the of freelancing placed in second command of it...lucky was still sore and made sure Sara knew each and every time she was around her

She ignored it most of the time...howeve rahe also attempted to get on her good side to no avail. But that wasn't why she was here no worrying just to socialize get to know her comrades....another set of them

Coming out in a two piece black in color she covered her eyes, it felt odd to have this much light hitting her...she was usually contained within her flight suit and away from light so she was missing her tan she used to have...then again prison hadn't helped her there either

She simply stood looking out now at the ocean...she was unsure of who to talk to at all...so she simply then just sat down...quite enjoying the warmth of the sun
[member="Zesiro"]

I am a son of the Mountain.
"Who says the Empire can't throw a party?" Dominic said, placing a pair of shades over his eyes as he walked the length of the beach with his squadron. Phantom Squadron had been allowed attendance to this event because of their service on Bothawui, and Dominic was ecstatic for the opportunity.

He glanced over to Lucky and Sara, the feuding females of his squad. The two still had an air of...difference about them, though they had managed to maintain a professional relationship and that was enough for Dominic, at least for now.

Radar, the final member of Dominic's team towered over the group as he gestured towards the water. "Man, looks nice out there, want a dip Dom?" Dom raised his shades to look over the refreshing view of the ocean water. "Nah, maybe later th-." Before his words came to completion he felt his body shift absent his command. His shades falling into the sand he realized he was on Radar's shoulders headed towards the water.

"Wh-? No...no...no....Radar you son of a-" Water flowed over his face, drowning out his words as he was thrown into the ocean. He immediately spun around, pressing his palms to the sand to push his head above water. Laughter filled the area as Radar and a few other flight officer's surrounding them let out a humorous uproar. Finding himself back on his feet Dominic chuckled before pulling off the black sports-shirt he had kept over his chest. "You could have let me take my shirt off first, jerk." He enthused.

"Where's the fun in that?" Radar questioned, a smile still on his face as he and Dominic made their way back to the others. Dominic stepped back to Lucky and Sara dripping wet, grabbing his shades from the sand that hosted them.

"Thanks squad....appreciate the backup." He chuckled, putting his shades back over his face.

Lucky simply huffed, turning away from the group and making her way out towards the water. Dominic looked to Radar who chuckled a bit. "She's actually more pissed at you, then her." He gestured to Sara before following Lucky back to the water.

When Dominic turned back Sara had already found a place on the beach, he followed her over to her spot, setting his wet shirt on the ground as he sat down beside her. "I know things will take some getting used to, but I promise Lucky is happy to have you on the team, I can tell." He said, supporting his words with a smile while banging the water out of his ear.

[member="Sara Lee Jones"] [member="Zesiro"] [member="Skaara Carlon"] [member="NT-6922"][member="Travis Caalgen"]

[member="Dominic Crowley"]

Sara looked over as Dominic sat down beside her, she looked out again silent for a minute before speaking

it's a collection of things lucky and i talked least a bit...yea she's upset at me still...its just the true realization that technically on the records...im dead

She frowned for a moment shaking her head as her eyes drifted to lucky then away as she rubbed her temples before she looked over to Dominic laying back to look at the sky

you know, lucky is a pretty interesting woman from what I got on her. You definitely know how to choose well....to bad your in the dog house with her hahahah

She likes a bit of fun while she smiled

Meanwhile lucky, went out into the water and dive in, finding the water relaxing and cooling....still brooding a bit over recent events but least not steaming like she was. She surfaced and looked over to radar who she saw was following her in

Dominic nodded at Sara's words, not truly understanding the feeling but he attempted to have some empathy regardless. "In time you'll be too busy getting awards, promotions, and commendations to worry about all that. Phantom is about to be the pride of the corp." He said, smirking as he leaned back into the sand.

"Dog house? Doesn't work like that. I don't have a collar you see, just every now and again I let her pet me." He said, smirking while stretching out a bit. "Lucky is a good woman, strong and smart, it's how I like them." He explained.

Pulling himself back up to a sitting position Dominic watched as Lucky and Radar swam around the waters together. It made the man happy to see that his squadron was enjoying themselves, but they were still one short. He ran a hand through his hair as his mind went to the member they lost on Bothawui. Trying to place the thought at the back of his mind he turned back to Sara with a gesture towards the water.

"Want to go for a swim?" He asked.

[member="Sara Lee Jones"]

Travis Caalgen

T
"Eh. I appreciate your dedication, Five-Nine. But you know as well as I do that you deserve to have this time off, especially after getting shot almost entirely through the chest by a rebel sniper." Caalgen pointed out, looking over his shoulder and scanning the beach behind him once again. Something caught his eye and he pulled down his sunglasses to get a better look: Two women sitting down on the beach next to each other, and something about them just seemed to appeal to him for one reason or another.

Turning around completely, he was about to walk over to them until everything went dark and Caalgen was splashed with a couple gallons of freezing water, courtesy of two mischievous stormtrooper lieutenants that were currently running off with a large bucket. Mortified, and not to mention shivering rapidly, Travis mustered his strength.

"Motherka- YOU LOT I'LL BLOW UP YOUR HOMEWORLDS FOR THAT!" He roared, a slightly amused grin appearing on his face as he chuckled.

She looked over to him and then grinned as she gave a chuckle setting up a bit as she nodded

yea...yea that sounds pretty nice can't wait to be in the saddle once more. Kinda gotta say I miss being in a dogfight...sure I did so freelancing but a proper one...back in the sky where I belong among those that fly

She listened and couldn't help but chuckle, her eyes went to watch lucky as she nodded and then looked back to dom smiling

ya, she definitly is a good woman for sure. So if your not compared that means your the wild one that just enjoys getting pet eh?

She gave a smirk and sat up fully as she looked out and around. It was a change of pace from the fancy dances and military balls that the first order held it was almost...like they weren't in the military...it was just relaxed...she looked to dom as she gave a smile and nodded standing

sounds good to me

Dom stood to his feet, taking Sara's hand to help her to her feet before glancing around a bit, he made his way into the water, ushering her as he did. "It's nice and hot too, good thing." He said, his eyes looking over the water.

A group of cackling Imperial officer's bent down near him to get a bucket of water, he shook his head before chuckling at the two. He had saw what they did to the Director and while it was amusing it could sometimes prove...unwise. As it was the Director was not far from the two and Dominic decided to make his way over to the man, ushering Sara with him with a hand placed at the small of her back. "Hey, come with me." He said.

He glanced over at the individual standing guard over the man. Pale skin and a hardened demeanor could mean only one thing, Death trooper. He offered the soldier an incline of his head before looking over to the Director. "Good morning, Director. It's an honor to meet you." He said, extending his hand towards the man. "Lieutenant Dominic Crowley, Phantom Squadron, Domino Group. I just wanted to tell you I'm an admirer of yours sir." He explained, knowing the exploits of the Director well.

[member="Sara Lee Jones"] [member="Travis Caalgen"]

She took his hand to get up as she gave a smile and nodded looking to the nice cool water. She followed but stopped looking at the cackling then over to a shivering man as she couldn't help a smile.

She looked to dom as he told her to come with him, she nodded and followed him as she looked to the pale skin person, and she thought she herself was paling this one was definitly out of their suit often. She looked to this director...she didn't know how the chain of command worked for here. Howecer she saluted and spoke

flight officer Sara Lee Jones phantom squadron, pleasure to meet you director

[member="Travis Caalgen"]

He had had enough.

Skaara had been swimming peacefully through the crisp water when he spotted her, [member="Zesiro"]. Emerging from the treeline onto the shore in a swimsuit that drove him wild, he could practically feel his instincts kicking in, the need to see her closer, the need to feel her. His red feet propelled him through the serene waters until he could stand upright, setting them down into the soft, submerged sand, where he progressively trudged up out of the water.

The man was done playing games, he was done being played with, he would march up to her in the view of others soon, but he needed something to calm his nerves. Closer and closer he got, and perhaps she would notice that most of his scars that had been present before had disappeared, thanks to the work of skin grafting and quick-healing bacta gel. The man would sit down at the beach bar that was present and order a drink, diverting his gaze from the woman.

"Zes?" Spoke the trooper as she suddenly rose from the sand, reaching for her towel, turning to see the young woman from shore leave. "Zesiro!" she said with the happiest smile to shine on her face for a while, wrapping her arms around her and laughing all the while. Rolling about in the sand for a while, she eventually realized how awkward it'd look, and probably feel to the apparently straight inquisitor.
The one inquisitor Natassia had no problems with, at that. "What are you up to, Zes?" asked the trooper as she went back to her feet and helped her friend up. "I haven't heard of you for a bit, you got me worried."

With that, she started walking toward the bar, waving at her to follow suite. "I mean, I've actually been promoted? It's pretty great. This new Empire is mostly chill and awards merit, and they're cool with women and aliens. It's like someone looked at the old Empire and fixed everything wrong with it. Hurray to us!"
As she laughed cheerfully, her gaze wandered, before fixating onto Travis Caalgen, as two of her subordinates went running away laughing, actually going to the bar to fill their bucket with ice cubes. Her breath caught in her throat, but she quickly turned back to the bar with a grin.

[member="Zesiro"] I [member="Travis Caalgen"] I [member="Skaara Carlon"] I [member="Sara Lee Jones"] I [member="Dominic Crowley"]​

Knowing Skaara wouldn't miss the fact she was present, she watched him climb out of the water and her jaw practically hit the sand in surprise. He had scarred, but otherwise a perfect specimen before, now most of his scars were gone. In all honesty, it made the a little squirmy. She didn't let onto this fact though and looked at her friend as he walked to the bar.

The reaction from Natassia was priceless. The sith was hugged and almost tackled to the ground by her friend. Rolling around playfully in the sand for a while, laughing the whole time, Natassia relented in her "attack" and stood up, holding a hand down to help Zesiro to her feet. The whole situation really didn't actually make her feel uncomfortable and it was a reunion after all.

Brushing some of the sand out of her hair as she listened to Natassia speak and fill her in what had happened with her and her good luck, she couldn't help but smile at her friend. For the moment, she evaded answering the question directed at her and instead moved to the topic of the promotion.

"That's good news, Natassia. I'm glad things have turned out better for you now than then."

The trooper walked with almost as much natural grace that Zesiro did and it actually surprised her. It wasn't something she had noticed before and she followed her friend to the bar. In doing so, they got closer to Skaara.

His back was to them and she felt he had done it on purpose. He was drinking and looked rather sullen in his thoughts. She was apprehensive of how he was going to treat her, but took a deep breath before reaching the bar.

Her friend with her, she felt braver and hopefully the situation would work out in the favor of them all.

And her courage failed her. When they met, she had been running like a coward away from what would have certain death and he had rescued her instead of killing her. He had seen her at her weakest and that memory filled her mind. Not knowing if he would be willing to hear what she had to say, all she did was think something to him through the Force.

I'm sorry.​

[member="NT-6922"] [member="Skaara Carlon"]

Travis Caalgen

T
"I built the weapons for the Empire's conquest!" Caalgen began, lowing his voice while looking over his shoulder "I maintain the security of both Kami- Oh bloody hell." He suddenly stopped, watching as [member="Dominic Crowley"] and [member="Sara Lee Jones"] approached the military director.

"Good morning, Director. It's an honor to meet you." Crowley had said, extending his hand towards the man. "Lieutenant Dominic Crowley, Phantom Squadron, Domino Group. I just wanted to tell you I'm an admirer of yours sir." Behind him the blue-skinned Chiss woman spoke as well "Flight Officer Sara Lee Jones, Phantom Squadron, pleasure to meet you Director."

"Ah, yes. Phantom Squadron, I've heard all about your adventures during the Invasion of Bothawui; such a shame I couldn't be there in person." Travis admitted, gladly shaking the Lieutenant's hand "I was told you and your wingmen were awarded the Distinguished Flight Medal by the Grand Moff himself, I must say that I wholeheartedly agree with his decision."

"I'm afraid I must take my leave, getting drenched in ice water dampens your spirit apparently. Go enjoy the water, you've all deserved it!" He laughed, motioning towards the cool-looking turquoise water. "I need a damned drink, join me Nine-Five?" Caalgen asked, before moving for the bar followed by his death trooper, his eyes setting down on one [member="NT-6922"] as he did so.

Dominic nodded at the Director as he took his leave, he turned his attention towards the trooper whom he made his way towards and chuckled softly to himself. "Man needs what a man needs." He glanced down to Sara and chuckled before bending down and gathering a pool of water in his hands, he tossed the small pool of water towards her with a smile covering his face. "Come on, pipsqueak." He said before diving off into the waters.

The man had always loved swimming, it was a close comparison to flying for him as a child so he had never had a problem enjoying it. After several moments of water passing him by he resurfaced, finding his body floating out, further away from the shallows.

"Man this water feels good." He said, clearing the water from his face.

Once he arose from the water he looked around for Sara and waved his arm for hr to join him. "Come on, no sharks, I promise." He said with a laugh.

[member="Sara Lee Jones"]

S she nodded to the director as he took leave and gave a smile before jumping as she was splashed with water, she blinked and turned to don as she watched dhim duve, she shook her head and grinned following and jumping in

Swimming had been a thing she was sorta forced to learned, sure all the simulators and machines cpuld prep you for flight but nothing worked but them water being submerged within it, she broke the surface as she sighed the sun hitting her with a cooling sensation if the water as she gave a smile and swam over to him

hah! Liek I'm afraid of sharks if kick them a new one!

"Yeah, life's finally coming about", said the trooper, although still keeping her towel on to hide her arm. Despite being assured it wouldn't be disturbed by water, she still was too ashamed to let others see her... temporary replacement. But sooner or later, she'd have to get rid of it, and it took a sigh out of her. "Give us the freshest drink you've got", she told the bartender with a smile, and, turning back to [member="Zesiro"], she frowned. "Hey, are you alright Zes? You look worried", she continued on, which was way more hypocritical than she'd admit; she, herself, was worried.

Looking around, she spotted someone quite... important, coming their way. None other than Director [member="Travis Caalgen"] himself. Raising her glass with her revealed (and able) arm as he approached, she elbowed Zesiro lightly. "Check it out", she whispered excitedly, taking in the sight of the newly-appointed Moff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom