Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Rude Awakening | NJO

What was a week in recovery? After the months of tormentous obligation and duty it was just her right to take a step back and breathe, do what normal people did when they were at their wits' end. Not that Aeris had quite broken down yet, but there was certainly no denying that the elevation from wannabe chief librarian, to chief librarian, to council member had all happened perhaps a bit faster than Aeris would have been comfortable with. She was a reserved individual, she hated the spotlight, and more than that she hated the way she put the weight of worlds on her shoulder as if they were hers to carry simply because of her faith.

No, this week was a much needed reprieve from just about all of that. Aeris stared out at the lights that streaked past the viewport and hoped that the others wouldn't be all too worried. After all, how much could happen in a week? Dagon would have done that rooftop thing he liked to do with people, Kai would have been at least just a small step further in his journey. A week was—

A loud bang shook the ship. Aeris snapped out of her daydream and began to look around the empty cockpit for answers but didn't really find any. Not that she knew what to look for in the first place, there were bells and whistles of all kinds around here, and enough of them seemed to blink some variation of red for her to just not get it. A few minutes passed. The lights went on and then promptly woke up again with a whizz and whirl.

"We're all good- down here." The nasal voice of her pilot bellowed from the ship's intercom before they cleared their throat. "Just a loose wire. We should be… Back. Now."

Aeris' brow perked but she thought nothing of it. The pilot came up again along with their co-pilot, both covered in soot and dust as they plopped down in their seats and opened the navmap. They gave each other a look before sighing with relief. The viewport slowly began to peel back into realspace again to put Coruscant on display in all its artificial glory. A warm sensation of arriving back home after a short time away filled Aeris' heart as they began to pierce atmo.

"You can drop me off on the pad." She said and began to transmit the new week's passphrase. The response took a bit longer than usual, but that was to be expected. She had disappeared without saying much more than 'I have to go for a bit' after all.

The two pilots nodded at each other and set the ship down on the pad, just enough to quickly get the hell out of there as fast as possible the second that the Jedi Knight had stepped off their loading ramp. In the distance she could see one of the padawans cautiously approach the ship. Aeris flung her bag over her shoulder and began to approach them.

"Master Aeris?" They asked, head turned to the side, eyebrow cocked in seeming disbelief.

Aeris perked her own brow and looked behind her as if to expect there was someone else.

"Yes, Padawan, but please, it is still just Knight." She said and rubbed at the back of her neck.

The padawan continued to stare. Something sunk in the Jedi Knight's chest. Was something the matter? Had something happened? She continued to approach the padawan who took a step back while their hand instinctively snapped towards their saber hilt.

"Woah, hey." Aeris extended her arms to calm the student down. "No need for that. I was only gone for a week. I had a few things I needed to untangle."

The student gave her another cautious glance. For a second it seemed they would lower their hand from their hip and their sword. They however didn't.

"Likely story. Your access codes were outdated." The padawan responded.

"Nonsense. I sent you the ones I was provided before I left no more than a week ago." Aeris said and dropped her bag to the ground. The student's hand flinched and grasped firmly around the hilt of their saber. "Is this some sort of joke?" Her attention set on the doors that led into the temple proper. "Is this another one of Dagon's dumb jokes?"

"Knight Lashiec," The student said and raised their voice. "You have been presumed MIA for months now."

"Em—" Aeris scoffed. "MIA? Really?"

"No, seriously, enough already. Where is Dagon? This joke is getting old."

"It's not a joke, ma'am. I am afraid you are going to have to come with me."

"I—" Aeris closed her eyes and shook her head with lingering confusion. "Okay, what is—"

The doors to the pad opened again. Someone stepped out…

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec

Jasper was planing on hiding away in the temple’s landing area. He had had a lot of social interaction recently, more than he had ever in his life, and the stimulation was really starting to get to him. What he needed was some time to himself… or at least that’s what he hoped to get. As he made his way out the door, he was surprised to see a vessel drop off an individual the padawan had never seen before. She had a bag of supplies, as if she had been somewhere and come back from a trip. He didn’t think much of it until another padawan approached the woman, who was clearly their superior, and seemed to go for their lightsaber.

Jasper scrambled to attention, running over to break up the situation. The last thing that anyone needed today was to clean blood off the landing pad.

“Hey, cut it out!” Jasper snapped at the other padawan. “What’s the problem here?!”

Jasper hadn’t seen any indication that the older Jedi was being aggressive in any way. What was this padawan’s issue?

Sword4.png

Outfit | Weapon | Appearance

ValSword.png

Valprof.png
Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant | NJO Temple
Tag | Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec

Word reached the High Council Tower quickly.

Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec had been among the first Jedi Valery met when she made her return to the Galactic scene, and they had talked about her time in the Old Republic, adjusting to a new time, and how some things never changed. What she heard now almost made her believe the roles, to some extent, had been reserved somehow. The Padawan had mentioned in his message that she was under the impression that she had been gone for only a week.

But that was certainly not the case.

The elevator came down from the tower, and out came Valery, who walked towards the entrance of the Temple with haste. It was likely others would be there to greet an old friend, and while she was certainly wanting to welcome back the woman she respected so much, she also needed to understand what exactly happened. Where could she have gone that created this strange situation? Or had something altered her memory or perception of time somehow?

Stepping through the large doors, Valery walked down the long path towards the landing pad, and took a moment to make sure her eyes weren't deceiving her — Aeris was actually there, and her presence in the Force was exactly how she remembered it.

"Knight Lashiec? It has been a long time," Valery said after she finally stepped forward, offered a bow of her head, and a friendly smile to go along with it.

ValSword.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec

Cale hated being here. The haunting memories of actions carried out by his own body here against the will of his mind were bad enough, the waking nightmare he'd lived in these halls under One Sith control were horrific too, but the worst of it was that something was always happening. That'd been exciting when he was younger, each new day bringing some stranger with stranger abilities and wonderous stories to their doorstep. Heroes, villians, he'd met them all here, fought plenty of the latter too.

Now it just made him tired.

He stayed away, off with his little crew, sticking to the fringes, but every once in a while they all craved a real bed, and good food, so Cale sucked it up and went home. And already, as he joined the gathering Jedi, stimstick hanging lit from his lips, he regretted it. There was a familiar face at least, Valery Noble had given his world view a shock once, when she'd invited him home rather than putting him in chains. It'd been the start of a grand change, one still going today, but he wasn't going to admit that.

"Still picking up strays, huh Noble?" The one-armed Jedi questioned dryly, joining the Jedi Master around the recently returned librarian. Cale didn't know or recognize her, but that was pretty normal at this point, so he regarded her with a brief look and little else. He supposed he'd stick around, see what happened.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris followed after her master, nose in a book. Yeah, a book. She was reading. Jar'kai, Makashi, any knowledge she could get on techniques and forms. She didn't look up, just hovered by Valery as her eyes scanned through the datapad. At least until the colors changed. She blinked, glancing up to her master, then the other woman. Then the others. Oh, something was happening here.

She cleared her throat and clicked the sleep button. She'd pay attention for now- Oh Jasper was here. She blinked, glancing to him. Then to the other Padawan. .. What was happening there? Tension. Her gaze returned to her Master. At least she seemed calm, for the time being.

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Cale Gunderson Cale Gunderson | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec

Be careful what you wish for.

The last thing that evil wants...

76682.gif

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, HK-88 (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Foes:
Allies: Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Valery Noble Valery Noble

"I would rather be accused of breaking precedents than breaking promises." ― John F. Kennedy
This new X-wing was amazing.

The redesign of the NC-1000 was not just an aesthetic win, but the custom design was great because the big man could actually fit into a starfighter now.

I should be offended, but you're not wrong.

On his approach to the Temple landing pads was a simple process he had done for a long time. BB-33, his astromech was in constant contact with "Mu51C" (Music) about data on the flight as "The Spectre" was following as a chase ship. Overall it was a nice and easy flight even weaving in and out of speeder lanes. The only thing that really got his "womprat" was the chip that was getting out of the area almost like they were doing something wrong. The transport practically rammed the massive Jedi Master as he banked right hard to get out of the way. Punching up a scanner button Vanagor tapped on his comm-link.

That thing came from the Temple, "Music", follow that ship... get their info and a basic flight line.

Getting an expected positive response, the big man set down and this fighter sets down softer than a head on a down pillow. Opening up the cockpit, Vanagor took off his oxygen mask (he did not need it, but this was a test of everything) and got up. He did not bother changing out of his flightsuit as he walked out of his landing bay. This might have been a good thing... it might not have as he saw Valery Noble Valery Noble standing with several Padawans, including Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el and... was that Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec ? They met once, it had been awhile.

Sorry to interrupt, does anyone know whose ship that was that tore out of here?

Noticing the concerned look of the two Padawans, an eyebrow perked. Everything okay?

... is my undivided attention.

Kai felt her even before word got out. He dropped everything and rushed outside.

<Aeris!>

She was already surrounded by a crowd of people, masters, knights, and apprentices alike. Kai made his way through the throng, jostling a few elbows in the process.

<Aeris, it's me! It's Kai!>

He was desperate to reach her. By the time he broke through and threw his arms around Aeris' waist, there were tears swimming in his eyes.

<I missed you. Where have you been?>

There were suddenly a lot of people there, all seeming intent on either greeting the new arrival or finding out what was going on. There was a lot of new information, and a few new faces, so much so that Jasper found it hard to process.

Everything okay?

“S-sorry,” Jasper apologized awkwardly. “This padawan went for his blade, s-so I stepped in. I hope I didn’t misread the situation…”

Iris was there, which was comforting. It was good to know he had friends nearby. Kai followed as well, but his reaction was different. The padawan embraced the woman, crying tears of joy. Clearly, Jasper was very uninformed about what was going on. He turned to the rest of the gathering crowd.

“I think I’m missing something,” he admitted, slightly embarrassed. “Do you all know her?”

There was a lot happening in front of the jedi temple in more ways than one. People often come to and from the Jedi Temple on a daily basis. Most were on official business while others wished to socialize with friends and allies. Otherwise the population with the Jedi Temple of Coruscant would be Jedi and their younglings.

Even if that was the case, such a gathering of force users, or Jedi for that matter to gather in a singular location was a bit of an oddity. But truthfully Talon wasn't certain if it was just his senses playing tricks on his mind as the very thought slipped through his mental fingers like water. Did he ever mention how he hated stairs? Dreadful things they are. Why couldn't they just invent escalators or some kind of lift like most of Coruscant used? Stairs were a killer on the legs, and more so when Talon felt like he was submerged in water as the invisible waves made him stumble on occasion.

The smell of drink clung to his robes like some musk of spiced rum equivalent. It wasn't a bad smell per say, but as Talon combed through his dark hair as he felt the heat burned like a fire in his chest. Signs of sweat and his face held a flush of red from the increased blood flow and body temperature. When he finally conquered the stairs by taking the last step, he felt a sense of triumph before he was immediately crushed as he looked up. His archnemesis. Another flight of stairs awaited him and Talon swore that the height was greater this time. He groaned in anguish as the man's eyes briefly closed with a sharp sign.

"Why didn't I just take the bloody shuttle?!" And then he remembered why he couldn't. His expression softened with raised eyebrows as he recalled losing a bet on a game of pazaak. Talon swore the guy cheated somehow because he nearly won the game until, well he was a couple of points short.

"Bloody hell, I should've stopped on that third glass," he muttered to himself as his heart weighed heavily over his own consequences. Regardless, he took care of one flight of treacherous stairs. Surely he could handle another? Well the short answer to that is no. Talon made it halfway through before he sat down and looked up to the bustling city's sky.

"I swear I will voice a complaint to whoever thought stairs was a grand design," he muttered in a dry sarcastic tone. Eventually, finally, Talon made it to the top of the stairs and saw the welcoming doors of the beloved jedi temple. Or would be welcoming if the doors were opened. There was strangely a crowd of people gathered close to the entrance, and frankly Talon was beginning to feel most of their emotions. Some were regarded with worry and stress while others expressed joy. Truly a mix of emotions, but the sense of concern had drawn his curiosity.

However the sight of Caltin and Valery in close proximity to each other immediately sobered up the man. They were good people to work with, but not many approved of Talon's unfortunate habits. There were several scenarios that Talon thought this could play out, but he instead chose to pretty much play the fool. He was relatively good at that, apparently. So the "drunkard" jedi approached the group as if he's making his way to the jedi temple itself with a small smile. Although Talon could not erase the scent, the intoxication quickly flushed out of his system or at least that's what it seemed like.

"Good day ladies and gents, how's life treating you all?" Talon asked with a warm tone as his robe was lightly clawed by the invisible wind.

Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Iris Arani Iris Arani Arlo Renard Arlo Renard Cale Gunderson Cale Gunderson Valery Noble Valery Noble

Another padawan hopped in to defuse the unfolding situation to force the other padawan to step down. Aeris' eyes opened and set on Valery who she at the very least knew wouldn't be yanking her chain. Or so she would have thought. Valery continued with the 'long time' bit and Aeris just couldn't help but squint to try and look over Valery's shoulder towards the door again as if this time it would surely be Dagon who stepped out with a crap-eating grin spread from cheek to cheek expecting anything but a quick right hook to his perfect little jaw.

Instead there was someone she had never seen before. Rugged, gave off an air about him that something here seemed to haunt him. A student that Aeris had seen before had followed along with Valery, and then there was Caltin. The situation began to feel more and more like a boil about to pop. A palpable tension struck her in the chest as more and more people seemed to pile onto the pad.

Who was it that had just bolted out of here?

"It was my ride home." Aeris said and struggled to make sense of what was going on. "They had to pick up a new passenger and couldn't linger."

But then a figure began to push past the others, voiceless but not unheard. Aeris' brows rose in anticipation of seeing him only to be frozen in shock at how much he had grown. Arms wrapped around her and Aeris hesitated for a moment to give the hug back, but surely and all so slowly she too began to wrap her arms around the ever so slightly malleable body of the closest thing she had — and most likely ever would have — to a son.

"Kai, I…" She stuttered before she eased up, content to merely have someone to weather the worst of the shock and surprise with. She let in a deep breath and exhaled with what was a clearly shaken breath. "Tell them, Kai. I talked to you two weeks ago before I left."

But denial, much as it always did, turned to frustration even as the evidence began to pile up. For all intents and purposes it was almost amazing that Aeris didn't question why the temple looked nearly finished after a mere two weeks of absence, but shock had a way of making people see tunnel vision like that. To her there simply was no way she had been gone for that long. She knew very well how time worked, and whatever they were proposing was not it.

No, there was only one way to prove to them that this was all just a stupid joke. Aeris rolled back her sleeves to show the chronopiece on her wrist, an old bit of tech given to her by a thankful clockmaker that she had rescued in her late teenage years. It was an argentum-plated, black plated device with several different bars for approximating what time it is as well as a small slot to show what day and month it was. Analog, yet she kept it meticulously synchronized to the archives' own timebanks; Kai would have been all too aware of that.

"Look," She muttered and raised the piece for anyone interested to see. Anyone who did see it would be able to tell that it was uncharacteristically out of sync by several months, weeks, days, and hours. Minutes and seconds too, if one was being really observant. "I took off from Gaddon Fray for no more than a standard galactic day ago."

A retrace would show that it did in fact translate to roughly a week and two thirds past the Ilum gathering.

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el // Valery Noble Valery Noble // Cale Gunderson Cale Gunderson // Iris Arani Iris Arani // Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor // Arlo Renard Arlo Renard // Talon Barova Talon Barova

"Men can starve from a lack of self-realization as much as they can from a lack of bread." -Richard Wright

It was her ride? Oh, okay that makes sense now. If they were like a taxi, that was actually understandable then. No sense in having them followed if there was some kind of issue. Pressing the "Commlink" button on his vambrace, he put it up near his mouth.

Oh okay. Sorry for the confusion. ["Music" stop following that ship and land. Everything is fine. I'll check in with you soon... No... I know what is going on HK... yes I know... don't worry about it... okay fine... No problem. Yes you can.]

Realizing most probably did, but hoping no one was paying attention to much more of the conversation that the initial order given to break pursuit, Caltin chuckled. It was "HK" his "assistant droid" that he knew was originally an "assassin droid". He was not dumb, and its "assistant" programming was prevalent so he did not make a big deal. Droids can be protective.

Anyway back to the conversation, Kai had shown up and so did Talon... the Jedi Knight reeked of a Cantina at closing time but that was his business. He nodded to the inebriated fellow easily enough, not buying the "unaware" mannerisms he was displaying but letting him have his concern, it was what he would do if he was a member of the Council here.

You're not trying to get me on the Council, are you?

Nope.

Good, because I never even wanted to be on the one I'm on.

Irrelevant conversation notwithstanding, Caltin looked back at Aeris who was clearly confused and dismayed at the concern being shown to her. From the way she was speaking, she was not aware she was missing. He felt the same way when he came out of the ice on Rhen Var. His timepiece froze up, just like hers did. He wanted to point it out, but this was not his place to do so. So his eyes met Val's as they darted to her timepiece and back. No trying to speak through the Force here. he hadn't "re-learned" that fully yet.

Don't take everyone down that rabbit-hole please.

tag: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el // Valery Noble Valery Noble // Cale Gunderson Cale Gunderson // Iris Arani Iris Arani // Arlo Renard Arlo Renard // Talon Barova Talon Barova

*[Anything in these brackets is communication in Comms]

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant | NJO Temple
Tag | Everybody

More Jedi gathered to greet Aeris, and while Valery would typically acknowledge them more and pay attention, she was unusually quiet and drawn into her own mind. Everything about this situation felt incredibly off to her, but she couldn't quite figure it out just yet. So she waited and gave the others some time to catch up with an old friend. It was only when Cale approached and addressed her more directly, that she snapped out of her little trance.

"Still picking up strays, huh Noble?"

"Hmm? Oh, Knight Gunderson," she offered a smile. It had been a little while since she last saw him, so it almost felt like it was a small reunion of Jedi at this point. "Something like that, although this is a little different." Valery glanced at Aeris and took note of the confusion she felt, as well as the timepiece that was displayed.

"We can talk about it more soon, Knight Lashiec, but something has altered your perception of time somehow. You've been gone for much longer than a few weeks," she said with a serious tone, hoping that it would help Aeris understand that this wasn't some kind of joke or misunderstanding.

"We might have to retrace your steps and find out where you've been. It could have been caused by some kind of anomaly in space, or someone could have even tampered with your memory."

ValSword.png

Tags: Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec , Valery Noble Valery Noble , Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , Arlo Renard Arlo Renard , Talon Barova Talon Barova , Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el , Iris Arani Iris Arani

"Hmm? Oh, Knight Gunderson,"
"Please, just Cale." He cringed slightly, though with a small smirk. He hadn't readjusted to the formalities yet, and probably never would. Empty titles dind't mean much when the institutions that gave them meaning came and went like the tide. The Jedi had remained in spite of it all, sure, but the sentiment had burrowed its way into him too deeply to make exceptions. Still, his small discomforts aside, he recognized all that was happening needed more attention so he stowed the rest of his dry remarks.

Taking a drag, and puffing the smoke from the stimstick well away from the group, his eyes turned to Aeris. She was missing time, something he understood in a roundabout way. He'd been born just over a half-century ago, but he'd only lived a fraction of that. Cryostasis, and the Netherworld explained away his predicament, but he knew well the kind of confusion she was feeling. At least his time lost had been when he was just a puppet, but the fact that the One Sith's first lord had still had him in his thrall across dimensions was uniquely terrifying.

This woman though, Lashiec, Valery had called her, would've remembered a stint in the Netherworld, and instead, it seemed like she didn't remember anything at all. She'd gone out, and come back, plain and simple, or so it should've been. Years of paranoia left him to assume the worst, that it was some plot, some play by the dark to embed agents in their ranks once again. He looked her over, keeping his expression muted as the stim glowed between his lips.

"Hyperspace can be strange, I've heard stranger." He shrugged. "Could have Coruscant patrol go run down your ride, check their jump logs, maybe they're like that."

Cale gave a nod to the device in her hand, trying to gauge her responses, though he'd every intention to bank off once Noble assumedly told the assembling crowd to beat it. But he'd help where he could, he owed Valery anyway, probably always would. It was then he gave cursory glances to the other Jedi.

Most faces were, as expected, strangers, but he knew Iris from an encounter on Illum, and Talon he'd never met, but from the smell of drink, Cale imagined they had a bit in common. The titan was, large, likely with the strength to match, and Cale figured he should've known the Master's name, but didn't bother with that then. Then there were the two padawans, the one who'd approached the center of their attentions first, and then the one she called Kai. He didn't know a thing about the boy, but he knew the way Aeris looked at him, it was how he looked at Aleks.

This wasn't ancient times, Jedi could have families, his own brother did, but more often than not the family they ended up with was forged by bonds instead of blood. He understood her in that regard at least. It also cut her a great deal of slack in Cale's mind.

Last edited:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el // Valery Noble Valery Noble // Cale Gunderson Cale Gunderson // Iris Arani Iris Arani // Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor // Arlo Renard Arlo Renard // Talon Barova Talon Barova

So, it wasn’t a joke then? Maybe… Some kind of strangeness in hyperspace? Aeris looked at Cale for a moment to discern just exactly who this man was with absolutely no trace of recognition. A thoughtful frown spread on her lips. Her elbow placed itself firmly in the palm of her hand as a finger hooked onto her chin in contemplation. She began to look around at the others, not quite sure what had warranted the crowd, and also not quite sure how the hell she could have been lost for so long. It clearly wasn’t as if things had gone all too wrong in her absence, save for any potential emotional damages — but she had time to fix those.

The temple looked pristine in comparison to the last time Aeris had seen it. But then, one of the last times she had seen it was also immediately after it had been blown apart in a few select places. Her precious archive included. The hooked finger reached to scratch at the back of her head for a moment before it moved back.

“So…” She slowly began again, perhaps willing to accept this version of reality for what it was. “For everyone else, I have been gone for months, and for me I have been gone for little less than, say, an hour.”

“... The power did go out on the ship I came in on. And it was around the time that we were preparing to skip out of hyperspace, too.”
Aeris muttered. “That still does not…”

This must have been what it felt like for those popsicle jedi. One day it’s 1000 BBY, and the next 1000ABY. Aeris instinctively looked at Valery. She was by most accounts one of said popsicles. She understood part of this. Or perhaps it was more accurate to say that Aeris was the one who would now understand a small portion of it. Luckily for her the people that she cared for before the event were still alive.

The thought sent a shiver down her spine. Aeris put her hand on Kai’s shoulder for support.

There was a lot of talk that Jasper struggled to understand. Stuff about hyperspace and time dilation, or something along those lines. He frowned, scratching the bridge of his nose in confusion. Why did he always end up in situations like this, trying to pick up the pieces of a puzzle that everyone else had already finished. It didn’t help that he wasn’t very good at keeping up with information. Should he introduce himself? Was now not the time? It was hard to tell. At least he could ask Iris what was happening. She usually knew more than him.

“Hey Iris,” Jasper began in a lower tone as to not disrupt the other conversation, “I don’t know what’s going on. Do you know who this person is?”

Foes:
Allies: Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Valery Noble Valery Noble Cale Gunderson Cale Gunderson Iris Arani Iris Arani

“I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization.” – Roger Ebert
It sucks that she had to come to the realization this way, but it looked to be true. She was in some kind of stasis and would have to be counseled about it. The Librarian will be fine once she relaxes, after all, she was still alive and okay and so was everyone else. The thing is though, she did not need that right now, she needed an ear.

If you wouldn’t mind, I would like to be a part of that conversation.

The look he gave to Valery was simple. The two of them could offer their outlook on the situation she was in, Caltin literally being a “popsicle” in the ice of Rhen Var for eight hundred plus years and Val… well she was in stasis even longer. She was around the likes of Satele and Theran Shan, Jace Malcom… Kira Carsen among others of legend for their time.

The big man did not want to intrude, after all it was Val’s call and he respected that, but he could help with this, even if he was sometimes about as tactful as a bowel movement.

I should be mad at you for that. However, you’re not wrong.

She put a hand on Kai’s shoulder for support, but the massive Jedi Master slipped up next to her and stood there for support purposes.

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

“I don’t know what’s going on. Do you know who this person is?”

"I honestly have no idea." Iris nodded to Jasper. She didn't know whoever this was, but Master Noble did. And.. More importantly, whoever this was was clearly distraught. Everyone here was already comforting her though, so she just flipped back on her datapad to read, stay close, and listen in. No reason for her to barrage the poor girl with questions too.

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Classified
Tag | Everybody

"Alright, just Cale," she flashed a smirk and turned her eyes to the group of Jedi again. As strange as all of this was, and how difficult it might be for Aeris to adjust, she wasn't in trouble. So Valery felt no rush from her side to send people away and talk to Aeris in private — this could be at her preferred pace, but there were some questions that needed to be answered eventually.

Looking back at Cale, she dipped her head in response to his proposal, "Checking ship logs and systems is a good idea, and if something weird happened moments before you skipped out of hyperspace, that in particular will be good to focus on," she said as she turned back to Aeris.

If you wouldn't mind, I would like to be a part of that conversation.

Valery looked over at Caltin and nodded, "I'll leave that up to Knight Lashiec. She may have been displaced in time, but it hasn't been so extreme that it completely altered her life. She may just want answers and pick up her life here again, or wherever she decides to go."

"Before we investigate this, though, is there anything we can do for you, Knight Lashiec? If you want something to eat, drink or get some rest first, that won't be a problem."
As much as everybody probably wanted to know what happened, Aeris' well-being was her first priority and seeing how she was in need of some support, perhaps she first wanted some time to let everything sink in a little more.

ValSword.png

Tags: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el , Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec , Arlo Renard Arlo Renard , Valery Noble Valery Noble , Iris Arani Iris Arani ,

Without a word, Cale produced a datapad from his side, and did his best to type out a request for Coruscant's security to search for the craft, though it was a slow, awkward business given his lack of a second hand. But he managed, always did. He thought to say something, to make some passing mention that he knew what it was like to reemerge where sometimes less than a half-millennia had passed. Long enough that people noticed, but not so long that they were all gone. Just enough to be painfully and utterly confused.

But Cale didn't say anything at all, the one-armed Knight simply returned the datapad to a pocket, and exhaled smoke away once again, tired blue eyes flicking between the two masters and the reappeared librarian. Even now, with a busy mind and busy hand, he still saw this place as it once was. Crimson banners streaming over broken stairs, screaming audible if one dared to listen, and himself at the heart of it all, a prisoner in his own body. The Knight shifted uncomfortably, flicking to Valery if only because she was familiar, then to the city beyond the temple.

"What do you need me to do?" He asked, though it wasn't entirely clear if the question was meant for the Librarian, either of the masters or anyone at all. But he didn't follow up on it, just stood there and waited for some kind of answer.

"I am—" Aeris started in response to Jasper, not unaware of what he had said before she promptly stopped herself. "Was?" She asked and looked over at Valery and Caltin. "One of the Circle and the one in charge of the archives."

"Or well, actually, I do not know."
She said just once in response to every single thing that had been hurled at her. "I… Do not really know at all."

"I do not think there is much to gain from detaining the ship and its people. They fixed it, I am here now, that's all that matters."
Her hand rubbed against her neck again in uncertainty. "I would like to think so at least. Not sure what kind of people would deliberately crack a hyperdrive to displace someone like this when they themselves are also displaced."

She glanced over towards the exit from the Temple, or perhaps it was more accurate to call it an entrance. If Aeris had been declared MIA for that long it would have been a waste of valuable resources not to put her belongings in storage, or have it handed out. Her room was probably gone, too, but that was easy to fix. She wasn't exactly picky about where she rested her head as long as it was warm and dry.

"It would be wrong of me to do much of anything without getting myself reacquainted with reality." She said. "The basics would be good to cover. Laundry, shower, bed, and food. In that order."

"... Maybe strike Dagon across the cheek for good measure, just in case this is all still just a big joke…"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom