Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Rude Awakening | NJO

Sword4.png

Outfit | Weapon | Appearance

ValSword.png

Val-Prof_1.png
Outfit | XoXo
Location | Classified
Tag | Cale Gunderson Cale Gunderson Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec

"I… Do not really know at all."

"We can talk with the rest of the Council later and figure all of this out," Valery hoped to reassure Aeris. It was a rather tricky situation, but one she felt confident could be resolved. From Aeris' perspective, she had only been away for a few weeks too, so once she had taken some time to adjust and rest, it would most likely be easy enough to roll back into Jedi duties. Meanwhile, the exact cause of the incident could also be investigated, which shifted her focus back to Cale.

"I don't think the people need to be detained, but the ship might still be valuable. Even if some things were repaired or altered, ship logs might contain data we need to figure things out. Even if some of that was deleted, more often than not remnants still exist within the code." She paused a moment and smiled somewhat sheepishly in Cale's direction,

"I'm not exactly the right person for such an investigation though, but if you can help with it, I'd appreciate it. If you need others to assist, reach out to them or let me know." Thinking about it, she wasn't exactly sure if Cale was all that great at investigating — she didn't know him that well, but he offered his help, so she'd let him handle things if he felt confident enough about it.

"The basics would be good to cover. Laundry, shower, bed, and food. In that order."

Valery looked back at Aeris and chuckled, "Let's get you a room for the night first, then. Everything you need will be there, and I'll have a meal prepared for you in the kitchen."

Another pause followed.

"Welcome back, Knight Lashiec."

ValSword.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec

Cale couldn't help but wonder if it'd all turn out to be a waste of time, already the report he'd put out was coming back with nothing but confused responses and nothing resembling a proper sighting of the transport that had ferried the Jedi to the Temple and promptly taken its leave. But once upon a time, very long ago, he'd been a Sentinel too. Investigations once had been his lifeblood, constantly he'd chased the thrill of solving something seemingly inexplicable. But he'd been a different man then, younger, bolder, far less disaffected.

Still, he'd made the offer, and he intended to make an effort to make good on it.

"Alright, if I find anything I'll let you know." Cale turned, but before he went he thought better of being so dismissive and pivoted back again. This time he extended his lone hand out to Aeris, open to take if the Jedi Librarian so chose.

"It's Cale," He introduced himself with as little decorum as usual, but the words weren't bitter as they so often seemed to be.

"And like the lady said," He'd continue, nodding to Valery, doing his best to give a welcoming smile, though it was a small thing. "Welcome home."

The keyword in all of this was ‘later’ and Aeris wouldn’t hide her appreciation of that fact. To get displaced like this was not something that she had expected to experience, at least not in this lifetime. If she lived a good life, did her duty to the force and avoided conflict, then maybe in two hundred years or so at the end of it all.

But then, not really. Her mind tried its best to rationalize and excuse what had happened which only served to make her more nervous.

“A pleasure, Cale.” Aeris said and extended her hand to give the man a firm grasp and shake. “I only wish it had been under more, uhh… Regular circumstances?”

She then grabbed her bag again and flung it over her shoulder, looked at the doors and gave a light shrug to shuffle the bag into a more comfortable position.

“Thank you both.” She said before she hesitated yet again and looked at the others. “All of you- I mean.”

“Now please, l really need to get out of these robes and into something more comfortable.”

This day would wind down and end eventually. Aeris was home and the rest could wait. At least, so she told herself.

[/exit thread]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom