Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round Two: They askin' "What's new?"

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jak did a quick mental check of his body. He was breathing heavily, but nothing was too strained or too hurt.

He nodded, silently, getting his breath back. Which took a little while, considering the thinner atmosphere up here.

Setting himself down on the ground, he began to listen to himself, and began to bring up his mental defenses. Juuuust in case.

@[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien stood around and waited giving Jak about ten minutes. then he walked over "that's enough now, try to attack my mind make control my mind then try to make my heart stop" He said knowing full well the task was beyond Jaks means.

Jak Sandrow

He created a probe and sought out Lucien's mind - which didn't take long.

And again, the crowd. This time, he pushed through it, and got to Lucien's mind's outer wall. Thinking for a moment, he took a razorthin needle, and began to attempt to pierce the barrier.

The needle went through the barrier and then dragged it through. Lucien placed Jaks conous in a safe section of his mind. Jak would find his projection bound hand and foot with heavy chains and dangling over a pit. Lucien wasn't going to make this easy for the knight

Jak Sandrow

Jak gave a little mental headkick to himself, then set about planning to free himself.

He eventually decided on using a little projection of himself, a key, if you will, to slice through the bonds covering his extremities.

Took a bit of time, to be sure, but eventually he was free. Of the chains anyway.

Jak was indeed free from his chains but he was now falling at an alarming rate down into the pit. Lucien had no intention of making this easy.Outside time passed for quicker than in the mind and they had been there some thirty minutes.

Jak Sandrow

Deciding on the obvious approach, Jak slammed two picks into the sides of the pit, slowing his fall.

From there, he used the picks to work his way back up.

Taking a warning from experience, he raised a mental shield around his projection. Now continuing forward, solidly within Lucien's mind, he knew full well he was being toyed with.

So he said, "Master Lucien, make this as hard for me as if I'm an enemy. That's the only way I'm going to get better."

Lucien heard Jaks comment and made the floor disappear, then the walls. He had asked for hard so Lucien would give him impossible. Jak was left with a blank space, Lucien projected before him "You asked for hard." Then he disappeared again.

Jak Sandrow

"Thanks," he said, puzzling over the next puzzle.

Hmmm.... what if... this is all an illusion?

From that view, he decided to do something else. If Lucien could so drastically shift his mind, would it not make sense for Jak to be able to do the same? Less powerful, of course. But still.

Concentrating, he tried to teleport his mind out of Lucien's little box.

Jak succeeded ... to a point. He was teleported from inside the box to underneath it. It rested precariously on his back, Lucien reappeared in front of Jak Luciens projection appeared sat in an armchair "You seem to misunderstand the way this game is played, this is my mind only I can do fancy tricks" Luciens projection stood up tapping the box "looks heavy" He smiled "allow me to help" He said before duplicating the illusion, Jak was now bearing two boxes "Oops" He said before disappearing.

Meanwhile outside the realm of Luciens ,rather impressive, mind the real Lucien was slowly levitating Jak toward the edge of the mountain. He hoped Jak was too engrossed to notice that his body had left the ground.

Jak Sandrow

Do I have to hold it? he asked, tossing the boxes to the side. However, he seemed to be encased in a blank space. There was nothing.

Oookayyy.... He thought some more. If I try to teleport out of whatever this is, I'm going to have this on my back. So I think we're gonna...

Still deep in thought, Lucien's wish was granted. Jak didn't feel his moving back. Which, in battle, would be worse than fatal.

Lucien brought the still concentrating jak to dangle at the very edge of the mountain "Mr. Sandrow wake up you're dead" Lucien shouted. He kept Jak dangling face down. He would wait a few minutes before deploying more aggressive tactics to wake Jak up.

Jak Sandrow

...but if I -
MR SANDROW WAKE UP YOU'RE DEAD
wait....

Jak opened his real eyes to find a long drop below him.

Swallowing a scream, he righted himself and attempted to get back to the ledge.

Lucien Lowered Jak down "You would be dead now if this was real" Lucien sighed "A dead night is useless ... We are done here for today, walk back down the mountain and then you can rest you have one hour" . Lucien finished talking then returned to his ship.

Jak Sandrow

Jak sighed, disappointed with himself. "One question, though - how would you get out of that?"

Then he leapt off the mountain edge, fully in control of his descent.

He was down the mountain in about 15 minutes.

"You cheated" Lucien sighed as Jak got back to the compound, He Took the climbing equipment from Jak "Dinner will be brought up to you we have an early start tomorrow get some sleep" Tomorrow Lucien and Jak would be repeating the focus exercise mainly due to it's unpleasantness but also because it would help Jak. Then Lucien and Jak would visit a prison camp and Jak could then practise mind control. Lucien began to walk away and then stopped "Hot or cold?"

Jak Sandrow

"Ahh pfhhh," he said, waving it off. "I got down the mountain."

Nodding, he bowed and took his leave, answering "Hot" to the question posed.
--
Dinner was plain and filling. Just what he needed.

At four Am a servant came into Jak's room. she shook his shoulder "Mr Sandrow sir, the master is waiting downstairs" She said loudly enough to wake him up. Once he was awake she helped him up "He is in the pool house" She added softly before returning to work.

Lucien was stood before a sheet of metal the heat was making it glow red were the heat sources were. He had opted to avoid an open fire to heat the metal as he was wary of Jak combusting. He pushed the datapad with the patterns on it at Jak "You know the drill we will do two hours then eat"

Jak Sandrow

Nodding, getting the sleep out of his eyes, he yawned and went downstairs.

Seeing the red-hot plate, he grinned and thickened the bottom of his feet. Stepping onto the plate, he could feel no excess heat at all.

"Green... red... blue... green... green..."

---
Two hours later:
---

"...blue... pink... brown... blue...green." He looked up from the datapad.

"I'm Impressed My Sandrow ... you didn't even flinch" Lucien said once the two hours were up. "You go ahead I won't be a minute" He mumbled moving over to the plate he pressed it with his finger. The plate was hot he swore and recoiled. He was quite confused. He moved through to the dining room to get breakfast. "We are going over to a labour camp soon, so you can practise what we did yesterday on a real person you seem to have impeccable focus so I expect a flawless performance"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom