Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round Two: They askin' "What's new?"

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
He gratefully got off the ice, finally able to slow his mind down again. "Y-y-y-es-ss-s.... c-c-c-could-dddd.... you sh-hh--hh-h-how me to the hot-t-t tubb-b-b...?" he asked, grinning, holding himself as he shivered.

"Huuhhh..." His teeth chattered. "Maybe it'd-d-d be b-better to go with h-hot-t next-t t-t-time. Phwooo... hahhh..."

@[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien smiled "Follow me" Lucien said leading the way to the next room this was the spa "I will be back in a moment ... I need to fetch some one " He said before walking out of a side door. He returned a moment later with two people, his spa therapists "Look after Mr. Sandrow he has had a tough day and may need some TLC" He said. Let it never be said I don't look after my own he thought as he walked off. He definitely needed to boost Jaks pain threshold sooner rather than later.

The two staff members walked forward a man and a women "Has he made you do the Ice one?" the woman said noting his currant state and recalling that Lucien had behaved in much the same way when he had first done it. "I think you aught to start in the hot tub Sir, would you like me to prepare our other facilities as well?" The man said gesturing to the hot tub.

Jak Sandrow

He thanked Lucien, getting up to go in the tub.

"Zhhzhzhh.... yeah.. it was the ice one." He tried to smile, but his coldness made it more of a grimace. "Think I should have done the hot one instead."

He nodded, getting in the tub. "Yes, please, and thank you."

As the warm water began to heat him back to normal, he sighed, and checked his feet for frostbite. There was none, thankfully, though as the feeling came back into his feet they began to sting. He grimaced and dunked them back in the water.

The female staff member smiled "I wouldn't, the pain from that one is less sudden but lasts longer, most of the things he is and will be doing to you he did on himself when he was learning this technique after the hot one he couldn't walk for some time" The second staff member returned after a few minutes "The other facilities are ready sir what can we do to help?"

Lucien returned followed by a man carrying a data pad and some files. Lucien sat down on a lounger and the man handed him the data pad and stepped to his right, It would be time for a surprise Lesson soon. Lucien looked up over the data pad waiting for Jak to get comfortable. then he would strike.

Jak Sandrow

"Hmm. I'll have to keep that in mind..."

He got out of the tub, not cold enough anymore to complain. Drying himself off, he absorbed the rest of the water through his skin. Just because.

"I'm good; thanks, though." He sat down across from Lucien.

Lucien lent back into the lounger "Are you feeling better" Lucien said whilst he prepared the attack on Jaks mind. Circe was his chosen weapon her eyes to be more precise or merely the feeling of her eyes on him. Lucien would build jak up slowly. As he was doing this he continued conversation as if nothing was happening "Tomorrow we will work on the mental side but for tonight I want you to do 400 push ups" He said showing very little interest, his own master had set the same task for him, Lucien was testing obedience nothing more.

Jak Sandrow

"Yeah, a good bit better. It only takes a stint in a bath."

"Okay, sounds good."

And it wasn't an unreasonable number. Just building up stamina. Good training and all.

He nodded an affirmation. And he was going to do it. Obedience to orders was one of the things Jak took pride in doing.

"Very good you are free to go dinner is at seven" Lucien said still not really paying attention. Once Jak went off on his way Lucien turned to his accomplice "Set up my friends next task." He said, The man nodded and left.

Jak would be taken down to the dungeon at three AM for a task that would involve thinking clearly under pressure. Lucien had now set everything up that he needed to. He stood up and left to complete some paperwork. At seven O'clock he met Jak in the dining room. Unless jak had pressing questions he would make polite conversation, then read his current book before going to bed go to bed.

Jak Sandrow

"I'll see you at seven, then," he said, waiting for Lucien to stand. When he didn't, Jak got up, gave a bow, then departed.

At 7 precisely (well, okay, at 18:59:24), Jak entered the room, and took a seat.

After finishing, and, making polite conversation, he retired, and fell asleep almost before his head hit the sheets.

2:57 AM

Jak was still soundly asleep. Though not for very long...

Two of Luciens guards entered the room and Picked Jak up carrying him down stairs to the basement and into the Chamber Lucien had for the more aggressive conversations he had with criminals. Jak was placed in a small room. The guards put him inside then stepped out moving to the adjacent room.

When Jak woke up he would notice two things one he was not in bed and two that the walls were moving inwards. On the walls was writen the following riddle "Mr. Black, Mr. Gray, and Mr. White are fighting in a Duel. They each get a blaster and take turns shooting at each other until only one person is left. Mr. Black, who hits his shot 1/3 of the time, gets to shoot first. Mr. Gray, who hits his shot 2/3 of the time, gets to shoot next, assuming he is still alive. Mr. White, who hits his shot all the time, shoots next, assuming he is also alive. The cycle repeats. If you are Mr. Black, where should you shoot first for the highest chance of survival?" All Jak had to do was guess the right answer and he would live. "Wakey wakey" came the guards voice over the intercom.

The ground

Jak Sandrow

As soon as his subconscious felt that he was no longer in bed - in fact, that he was sitting on a cold metal surface, he woke up instantly to full awareness. Reading the riddle, he noticed the walls were moving steadily inwards.

Wracking his brain for an answer, he was slowly pushed into a space 5x5 square, when he figured it out.

"The ground. The ground!" he shouted.

The walls stopped moving then a gaurd opened the door "You should go back to bed" He said before wandering off Jak had passed. The walls would never have killed him it was a device normally used to break prisoners in Jaks case failure would have led to pain as was the old sith way.

Jak was left alone until the morning. Breakfast was brought to his room and he was told that he and Lucien would be going on a hike in half an hour. Lucien was taking Jak to the top of a small mountain to meditate and grow his mental capability.

Lucien walked Jak over to the window and pointed to the top of the mountain that Luciens compound sat on. "Up there" The mountain was quite perfect for the next stage of training. That and it would be tough

Jak Sandrow

"Alrighty then. Lead on... unless I'm supposed to," he said respectfully.

He eyed the mountainside. It looked large enough. Good. He didn't want it to be too easy, even for himself. All good things to those who wait.

"Oh I won't be walking up there ... you are though" He smiled handing Jak a rucksack with the necessary equipment to scale a mountain. "I will meet you up there, you have two hours every minute after that and well I will devise something suitably unpleasant" Lucien said as he walked out to a troop carrier which took off immediately after he was onboard.

Jak Sandrow

"Ahhh... right."

He took the sack gratefully. "Thanks."

Working his way up the base, he managed to get about a third of the way before the first hour went by.

"Huh??" he exploded as his chrono beeped 1 hour. Okay, time to go all out.

He turned green. Using the cyclical metabolism that made his kind unique, he got a second wind, then a third, fourth and fifth wind all at once.

He had made it about 7/8 of the way up when he got a 5 minute warning. To make things worse, he had a cliff to scale.

He pulled the grappling hook out of his sack. There was no way that the rope would make it to the top; it was far too short. Unless...

Swinging it up, he caught it on an outcropping. Tugging at it, he found it was firm, but not locked. Good. Taking a running leap, he used the Force to shove at his back, swinging his body up, using the hook as a pivot. Looking down from the miniscule ledge he was now on, he saw he was about 1/3 of the way up the face. Grinning, he threw the hook and latched it to the rock to his right and below him.

Jumping, he pulled on the rope at the bottom of the swing, shortening the rope and using his kinetic energy (and the Force) to propel himself almost all the way up the cliff. From there it was only a little hop, skip, clamber, and he was on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom