Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round Two: They askin' "What's new?"

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
" *Sniff* No, it's good," he said, wiping an arm across his currently rebuilding nose. "I kinda need to get beat up more often; it speeds up the healing process. Of course, I honestly doubt that I'll ever be insta-heal, but it's a good goal," he said, taking the saber.

"Now, fair warning, the safest place to be right now is right in front of the blade," he said, grinning. "Because that's the last place I'll hit."

@[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien smiled "your confidence may become your undoing" Lucien said moving into the Makashi opening stance. He leveled his blade at Jak "Duel me but do so slowly every time we reach a point where a punch or kick would be useful I will tell you to stop and we can examine the hypothetical options then we will duel as normal using what I highlight to you"
Lucien allowed Jak to make the first move.

Jak Sandrow

"I mean," he explained, "I can't hit what I aim at. I'm used to a weighted blade, not... this," he said, gesturing to the weightless saber.

He took an Soresu opening stance, then went for a simple slice to the side, the weapon's weight - or lack of - making it difficult to remember anything he had previously been trained.

Lucie parried blocking the sweep. His entire front was open and his right hand was locked up blocking Jaks swipe. Lucien lifted his left hand "First stop, this position leaves us both open for a weak off hand punch or kick but both risk damaging our position with the sabers, for example If I get distracted going for a punch and my gaurd weakens I lose one or both of my legs" He allowed Jak time "Do you wish to try for a strike, now is a chance" Lucien said after Jak had made and acted upon his decision the duel would go on

Jak Sandrow

Jak shrugged. "Sorry for the nonchalance, but I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing," he said. "Using a saber is different enough from the sword to be extremely disorienting."

He shrugged again. "Sure." He swung for Lucien's side.

As Jak swung for his side Lucien pushed against his gaurd trying to force Jaks blade back. He could only hope the punch had weakened Jaks gaurd. He took the blow to his side but it would take more to push him out. He then nodded indicating Jak to continue

Jak Sandrow

The added swipe to Jak's arm pushed him away for now, and he looked expectantly for a lesson, only to have Lucien nod to continue. Shrugging, he brought his saber up and around the right to corkscrew towards Lucien's chest.

Failure was lesson enough. As Jak corkscrewed down at Lucien's chest he swiped sideways a two pronged move it would parry Jak's blow and hit his side. His blade forced Jaks across Luciens chest before it continued to stab down missing him. Of course in a real duel Lucien would have a nasty cut in his stomach, In a real duel if Jak couldn't somehow block then he would be cut in two.

Jak Sandrow

Jak couldn't block.

He hit the ground, lightsaber fizzling out, not gasping for breath, but clutching his hand to his side, attempting to stop the sap from draining away. It was a surface graze, thanks to being only training intensity, but the lesson had been learned.

After finally staunching the wound, Jak rolled onto his rear, then got up, standing, saber in hand. "I, uh, I have an idea," he said. "If I were to make two lightsabers, could you train me with them instead? Because I know that two lightsabers has a different form from one saber. That, and I think my saber's design means that I need to make a new style."

"I can only teach you one handed styles" Lucien replied "However you can self teach saber styles" Lucien walked back over to the rack replacing his training saber "You must be tired go rest we are done for today" Then Lucien walked off to complete his paper work.

Jak Sandrow

As Lucien left, Jak sagged visibly. That hit had taken a lot more out of him than he had originally thought. He chided himself for slacking on his battle skin.

Instead of going straight to bed, he decided to head into the nearby woods for a few hours, just soaking in the lush nature. But he was in bed within a few hours, well-rested and side healing nicely.

(we can stop now)
Over the course of the next few months, The exercises were repeated over and over. over the course of time Jak began to improve. They would go into the villages to practise until it became an easy concept.after six months Lucien announced that He had taught Jak all he would be doing and that he was free to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom