Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Romi Jade Feedback 2.0

Ok so like… I had one of these before then lost it so uh

Anyway, I’ve been writing Romi since 2017…Longest character i’ve ever written. She started off a satellite character to Veiere for a faction and then grew into…something else entirely idek.

She's been a WIP, a process i'm liking compared to how I usually plan things out and rely on others etc. My one goal with her has been longevity and pushing myself to explore more and deeper.

it’s been almost 5 years of writing/development. From Knighthood to Masterhood, from light to dark then back to light.

I’d like to hear what you guys think, etc etc.

XOXO
Thanks!

Last edited:
Be careful what you wish for.
She's a badass, at the same time she is eloquent and intelligently thoughtful. She has layers to her as a character that make her truly more than her outward appearance may show (no jokes there). She is a great character and a great read. You are definitely comfortable in her "writing skin" giving her a feel of someone who can walk a runway, conduct a conference, and fight off a Dark Lord of the Sith all in the same day and that is a lost art.

Honestly, (and this will be brief, as I don't have much.. Err, AS much experience with your writing as others) I love your writing style. I think no matter what you write it'll be interesting. You've meshed a beautiful woman, dutiful Jedi, and practiced warrior into a perfect ball of good good.

Mostly though, I think its the care you put into your writing that I really like? You don't have moments (that I notice) where you lapse on the people around you. By that I mean, reading your posts you can tell you are fully reading what other people are saying, and actually putting that external stimuli to use in your responses.

For me that's really big. Nothing kills muse to me harder than someone that isn't keeping in step with the world their fellow writers are creating. You do a really good job at that, and rolling that in your aforementioned writing style, Romi is just a pleasure to read, and thread with.

Definitely not buttering you up so you'll thread with me.

Romi Jade Romi Jade

She's a badass, at the same time she is eloquent and intelligently thoughtful. She has layers to her as a character that make her truly more than her outward appearance may show (no jokes there). She is a great character and a great read. You are definitely comfortable in her "writing skin" giving her a feel of someone who can walk a runway, conduct a conference, and fight off a Dark Lord of the Sith all in the same day and that is a lost art.

Thank you Caltin! I appreciate that. She’s a working woman lol sometimes I don’t know how she does it all myself

—-

Honestly, (and this will be brief, as I don't have much.. Err, AS much experience with your writing as others) I love your writing style. I think no matter what you write it'll be interesting. You've meshed a beautiful woman, dutiful Jedi, and practiced warrior into a perfect ball of good good.

Mostly though, I think its the care you put into your writing that I really like? You don't have moments (that I notice) where you lapse on the people around you. By that I mean, reading your posts you can tell you are fully reading what other people are saying, and actually putting that external stimuli to use in your responses.

For me that's really big. Nothing kills muse to me harder than someone that isn't keeping in step with the world their fellow writers are creating. You do a really good job at that, and rolling that in your aforementioned writing style, Romi is just a pleasure to read, and thread with.

Definitely not buttering you up so you'll thread with me.

Romi Jade Romi Jade

Thanks!

Really interesting point, I was just thinking back while reading your response to different posts i’ve done where I can see what you mean. I definitely feel like world building has to take into account everyone playing!

Our thread is coming! I feel it :D

Vesta

V
From a writing perspective, I can believe that someone like Romi Jade would live in the Star Wars universe - she's got a fleshed out, believable/realistic, personality and relatively grounded decision-making habits. That's usually my only goal in writing a character, besides self-satisfaction, but beyond that you do excellent writing in general, clearly getting into character.

Noah Corek Noah Corek That's four words! I agree with them all though!

Romi Jade Romi Jade I love Romi! If there is a chance to write in a thread with her then I jump at the chance, since it is so fun to see her interact with others! There isn't much to be said that hasn't already been said but totally interested in seeing where Romi goes next!

pro: I like how you stray from the norm with her. She fights for the little guy and tries to provide safe havens beyond borders.

And still she manages to be there there to back up the big players on the field when needed.

She's her own person and if people pay close enough, you always have her going through a personal arc that shapes what she does next.

Of course I'm bias but I enjoyed the recent arc of her losing a pregnancy to a mission. It had a lot of weight and depth every aspect of it.

con: you get busy and stop writing. can writing pls come before sleep?? ??????
504548930856419330.gif

<3

Last edited:
I think the crowd speaks volumes for itself lol.

As Darth Mori said. Romi Jade is a character I can very much see belonging to the Star Wars universe and really embodies the Legacy comics which were fun, bold, and reminiscent in their own ways. You bring a lot of flavor into being a Jedi and try to keep both feet on the ground. You also aren’t afraid of adding depth to the character which is extremely ideal given how easy it is to lose sight of things in the midst of invasions, factions, etc.

Overall, she’s a awesome character, you do great work writing her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom