Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Remnants | NIO Dominion of Tandun III

MOSHED-2021-10-5-21-31-38.gif

Objective: Wage war
Tags: Aridius 'TK-1575' Aridius 'TK-1575'

They marched forward, advancing towards the enemy. Firing as they went and uncaring of return fire, death was coming and it wouldn't be his squad that paid the price. Sweeping his heavy cannon along the defenses once more, TK-67482 heard an incoming shriek, but couldn't move to see it. However, his squad saw the shuttle incoming and scrambled for cover, barely quickly enough. They ducked into the side alleys to take cover, just managing to save themselves. They were covered in dust and hit by shrapnel now, forcing them deeper into cover.

TK-67482 himself was hit multiple times by shrapnel and gravel, giving him gashes along his armor and drawing blood in one place. Still, he didn't stop firing, knowing death awaited if he did. Then the 501st emerged from the crashed shuttle, rushing out and engaging the foe in a hurry. Advancing forward, the gunner knew he couldn't worry about his squad now, they either survived and would fight on, or died and he would be transferred. Regardless, the fight must be finished.

Marching forward, he watched as another heavy exploded a distant bunker with his heavy weapon. A ghost of a smile appeared on his face upon seeing that, even as he shifted his fire towards other positions with Sith troopers. Before him were 501st troopers, near him was a fellow heavy, and behind him he heard footsteps. His HUD notified him that it was his squad, having survived and were now covered in new gashes and dust. They rushed forward, joining the attacking 501st troopers.

Letting his fire stop for a moment, TK-67482 leapfrogged forward, running past his fellow gunner a few paces. Then he stopped and opened fire again, even as his squad repeated the same action, advancing with the 501st. Laying down covering fire, he'd give the chance for his fellow heavy to do the same. Eyes still downrange, Sith troopers were cut in twain as they advanced, firing as they went, not stopping, nor slowing.

"Perhaps it would be wiser if we simply find the source of this new coping drug that they seem to be consuming at an alarming rate." he added, muttering.
They rarely agreed on much, the pair, but Aemilio could appreciate that the COMPNOR spawn was just as irritated with their operations as he was. If not more.

"Likely outsourced from outside of our borders," the Bastion resident said. The Iron Ring had been formed nearly a year ago after a flew of victories that proved Imperial dominance over their once Sith Masters. Once they eradicated these final vestiges of Sith Remnant forces, Valaar could only think that it'd finally come to an end. "By the time we're done with these... Insurgents, it'll be up to the Jedi to finish them off." he said. His tone suggesting that he was anything but faithful in their abilities.

If he were, he would not have killed them on a whim.

His rifle was raised, resting on his shoulder, nodding to one of the heavier troopers in his proximity and waving them forward.

Behind the visor, Aemilio's orbs squinted, staring at the Harrsk as he took off into the field under fire. The faintest look of amusement crawling across his lightly scarred features. Tired of my dust already, Harrsk?

Moments after the intelligence officer departed from the ship, blasters assailed the open ramp. Dropping the first troopers that charged out. Aemilio, one of the number to the front dropped down, watching as his HUD tracked Harrsk, and the Battlemind AI created a plethora of paths that it expected him to take, all within moments of observing him.

"Fire there," he said to the heavy trooper, hefting their rocket launcher. The target? A repeater that looked to be in the middle of reattaching a new battery to charge. "The rest of you, with me!" And they charged out, the standard wedge formation as the Black Hands dealt out death.

No prisoners.

Since Carlac, the standard weapon had been disruptors, particle based technology, and finally, masers. The hardest hitting weapons they could muster to destroy the enemy. Aemilio wanted what they hit to stay down.

A split second later, a smoke trail appeared overhead. Streaking past as the AI briefly focused in on the ordnance arcing into its target.

Aurelian Sigismund,
High Imperator, Shield of Vandemar, Grandmaster of the Legions

Objective: I. Thick Green
✠ Location: Tandun III
✠ Gear:
Mk. VII Armor, Lancer-blaster, Paladinblade, Scutum, Grenades
✠ Assets: Cohort I, Legio II 'Victorix Magna'
✠ Tag(s): Waymar Geyer , Ragnar Bloodfist Ragnar Bloodfist , Areyon Areyon , Ignatius Ignatius

MOSHED-2021-10-5-21-31-48.gif

Sigismund felt how his armor was hit by several blaster shots from cultists assaulting him from the direction of the temple, a building much closer now, visible through a path in the thick, green jungle. They continued shooting and got back into cover. The Vandemarian Overlord made sure that they understood their mistake but had no time to regret or learn. The marked targets were mowed down with a burst from his weapon. Only instincts and centuries spent on battlefields allowed him not to get harmed in the attack of another of the Sith beasts.
It launched itself from one of the trees nearby, the large three taloned claws would have punched his blaster out of his hand, but the shield intervened and he got the better of the creature, as it slammed right onto his shield, the energy behind it still immense, it actually cracked the shield and the High Imperator quickly got rid of it. Its edge cutting off one of the claws before a few shots ended the life of this one as well.

Drawing his sword he looked over his shoulder. Legionnaires were engaged in fierce fighting with Sithspawn, Vong creatures and he even saw a red lightsaber for a moment. His men were holding their ground well, moving through the jungle in a closed formation or splitting up in pairs to cover each others backs. Their armors were covered in thick blood, juice of leafs and more fluid and parts which were removed from the original owners.

The advance onto the ruins was not halted, the Vandemarians just pressing on, despite stiffening resistance. Aurelian cut through a trio of Vong as he opened a com-channel for all imperials to hear.

"Griff 1-1 here. Advancing onto the ruins from the North-East, two hundred meters. Proceeding with diverting attack. Spreading their attention, take the front door. Sigismund out."

As he turned around again, his soldiers moved up to him. "We proceed, kill everything that doesn´t have our allies markings. Make noise. Flamers, get some attention."

He then raised his sword and points it towards the temple. "Vand Invictus!"

The battle cry was answered by his soldiers, the fire in their hearts shining ever so brighter as they started to chant a battle-rhythm while they methodically advanced with their master. They were a fearsome sight, their advance was relentless, their killing without remorse and their will nearly unbreakable. The horrors of the battlefield were their home, the victory their hearth to warm at. Flamethrowers, previously only used scarcely, were now used to its fullest extent.

The flora was alight. In very short time several hundred square meters of the thick green were burning, thick smoke rising into the sky as the vegetation was now spreading the consuming flame itself. Through it the chanting warriors of the second Legion advanced, slaying Sithspawn, Vong and cultists, at their lead was their High Imperator, Aurelian Sigismund, his blade glittering in the light of fire and death.

Badge-2.png

The Zabrak came, slicing down through the air. The wildness of the attack came as a surprise. What should have been an easy opportunity was instead a struggling slash; the Knight's strength forcing Xeykard to push back with both hands. Still, his own strength was enough. He batted the Zabrak aside-

Only to be assaulted from the front. This Knight seemed to take his title to the extreme, wearing an almost esoteric style of helmet. He wasn't alone in that; other such knights and warriors came alongside the assaulting New Imperial forces, surging forth in a sort of frenzy. They were eager to destroy the Sith. For a moment, the Barabel found a sort of reflection in them. How badly they wanted to strike their enemies down -- not merely with a blaster, to see them reduced to dust, but to savor the blood on one's blade. An Imperial glee, to know that it was their own martial strength that secured their victory over those who had insulted them so.

The Knight bashed his shield into Xeykard, but it seemed that his stature and his position saved him. He lodged his foot against the upper stair, holding firm against the push, before pushing back against it. The Force gathered in his hand as it held against the shield before he unleashed a telekinetic blast in an attempt to create more space. With no time to waste he spun on his heel, swinging his lightclub to meet the Zabrak once more.

JGqYXx3.gif

Ida Saxon|New Imperial Order|Tandun
16th Company
Tags: Alex Eldar Shai Maji Shai Maji
N3H3S0Y.png

"Yeah, okay, you still owe me some from the last drop, lex," she retorted, rolling her eyes hard at Lex's response, not that Lex could see her reaction with the helmet sealed over her face. Nevertheless, the pair were quite a duo and a half, and she reckoned Lex would have her back the most out of them all. All of them were a gang of misfits and exiles belonging to the same misfortuned culture, trying to survive the changing tides that ruled their homeworld.

Something wasn't right; her squadmates tense posture immediately alerted her that something was amiss. Turning it around, she studied her surroundings from several angles under the assumption someone or some group had surrounded them; however, nothing initially suggested that was the case. Instead, the only noticeable thing was the soft crunch of leaves and branches breaking underfoot and the crackle of static as Lexs comms failed.

Chit.

Momentum caused his robes to bunch up around him, giving him the appearance of an obsidian specter soaring through the air as he descended upon the Barabel. The alabaster blade came down, poised to strike deep and carve a burning path through the Barabel's shoulder before the crimson blade flew up to bat his blade away. And thus, knock him off course.

Trajectory altered, he bent the ethereal bonds of the Force to arrest his motion before he hit the ground. Completing a partial flip as he hit the ground and sprung back up to his feet, facing the Sith Warrior.

As he came forwards, Ragnar immediately took note of the the shield-bashing charge performed by the ivory clad Paladin. He crashed into the Barabel, though the red-skinned beast remained steadfast, foot placed back as leverage against the staircase to remain unmoving.

With that recognition, the Zabrak sprung forwards. For the ordinary soldiers around them, Ragnar would only be a blur. He only had a split second to recognize the tensing of muscles, the shifting of stance, and then the descent of the light club coming crashing down onto him.

The dualsabers stabbed upwards into the air and crossed the behemoth's downstroke to prevent it from bisecting him. Ragnar knew himself to be strong, but there was no comparison to the titan before him. Even so, he knew the goal was to act quick before he employed another blast of the Force to send him sprawling.

With every passing moment of the saberlock, his arms shuddered against the strength of the Sith.

"The Empire is finished! You owe it nothing!"

Before his strength failed, he abruptly dropped and rolled to the opposite side of the Sith's favoured hand. Simultaneously slashing his saber on a direct course to cutting through the kneecap of the Barabel.

"Serve a people more deserving."

MOSHED-2021-10-5-21-36-16.gif

V E N O M _ S N A K E
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
WISTRIL
STARRING | Noel Strasza Noel Strasza

N5cG5gd.png
These people should all be dead. It didn't matter if it was quick and painless or slow and agonizing, they shouldn't be alive. They were all, in his eyes, complicit with the greatest tragedy this Empire had to suffer. Their mere existence disgraced the very man who liberated millions from the oppression of the Sith, creating a haven out of iron and might to provide the Galaxy the very thing it desperately needed.

Order.

Many grieved and mourned in their own respective ways. Normally, many sought comfort from narcotics or liquor; Djorn sought for it by distracting himself with his work that was just endless, looking for peace from the diabolical schemes he plotted and executed. Irveric died, but the war continued. The only unfortunate thing to come out of this was Irveric's successor, a man capable of wielding the Force. How different are they now compared to the now defunct Sith Empire? Did Tavlar not rebel to make sure the Imperial would never be governed by a Force User? Was this to be his legacy?

More and more disgrace to the fallen legend.

Unacceptable.

"Director, I want you to run connections back from the bait site we established, get me the device addresses of those at the access point here who visited it. They will be the first we evaluate."

"Right," he answered to the newly proclaimed Lord Executor, annoyed he had to take orders from one of Fel's lie lieutenants, "I'll get that data transferred over, hopefully it'll cough up a lot of suspects."

With how the Maw was besting the Alliance and the Silver Jedi with many Imperials dying from those failed operations, even some would be inspired by these victories and actually dare to fall into the bait site carefully constructed on the holonet.

"Adam, filter through the data and find out how many visited the site. Give us something to work on right now, even if it's a low number," one of the COMPNOR agents was given the order, there were agents with many specializations that had come for this assignment. Lots of skills from interrogation, data analysts, slicers, and so forth.

"I've got a number hits, people that think who know how to surf the net with discretion."

Amateurs.

"Finish that list and, uh, let's go ahead and start interrogating those individuals."

"Yes, sir."

"And Adam, everything goes."

A subtle hint that methods of enhanced interrogation were on the table under his authorization, and he didn't care if it went against the Lord Executor's wishes.

"Lord Executor, we've got a list of people as you requested, we're still pulling more data from users with some enhanced features to hide their addresses," but as everyone should know, no matter how much quantity and quality a device has of security it can always be hacked with the right instruments and the right user.

Waymar Dathrohan

W

P A L A D I N
KNIGHTS OF THE EMPIRE
CHAPTER OF THE IRON CRUSADERS
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
ARMOR | LIGHTSABER

Ragnar Bloodfist Ragnar Bloodfist | Areyon Areyon | Alric Árheim | Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund | Ignatius Ignatius
Xeykard Xeykard
N5cG5gd.png

The telekinetic burst slammed against Waymar's shield and he buried his shoulder into it to absorb the blast, getting sent back from the blow but remaining on his feet. Regardless of the traditional markers of his helmet's design, it was as effective as any other. Xeykard was painted in crimson illumination within the helmet's heads up display, even if it offered meager information it was mainly a tool for leading troopers in the field of battle, to remain in contact and communication with his soldiers and to relay signals to and from other units and commanders. Its cortosis weave skin on the surface of the armor certainly made it a utilitarian article, saving Waymar from any lethal blows to the head from a lightsaber.

Contact snapped between the Knight Paladin and the Barabel and in that moment of respite for the Sith, Ragnar allowed him none and swooped upon the enemy with twin sabers in hand. The Zabrak couldn't have spoke a truer sentiment to the Sith. It was a lost, damned cause. An unjust one from the start, but a delusional one now. He was one of them, an Acolyte of the Sith tithed to the Empire after Galidraan was taken under the crimson saber. As much as it was a code which barked upon the heights of which one could climb in its adherence- he was chained. In discipline, there was freedom.

As Ragnar continued the assault, swiping at the Barabel's knee, Waymar veered from the opposite side and swiped at the Barabel's other leg before reversing the grip of the saber in his hand and plunging it toward his side, shield at the ready to brace for any furious reprisal that went the way of the Paladin or his Dathomiri brother.

The main forces continued onward. Troopers, Legions of the Military might of the Imperial Order pressed onwards against the daunting task of forsaking fear, in exchange for bravery, and courage against the Darkest of minds that could be conjured. The Dark side of the force flowed through many of the enemies we faced. Up ahead, it was clear the last line of defenses against the Knights gathered here today, was standing tall against us. While it was feeble, it was a respectable attempt.

One may believe me to sympathize with the Sith. I do not. I hated, despised, and loathed them with a passion. They had ruined many portions of my life. They had destroyed many parts of my family, and furthermore, it was the Dark side that I had fallen too years ago. The Imperial Order? It gave me my second life. It gave me a purpose, and it showed me that dedication to a cause, one that is higher than one's self, would be the only true way to bring about a peace, and prosperity to the Galactic Stage. Policing of the Jedi had grown weak. They sat back, and accepted the Sith. Both of them, two sides of the same coin. Both wrong in equal rights. It was this that made them flawed in every sense of the word. One side could not accept the other. As though this religious aspect was what allowed one to become powerful within the force.

No. Religion of such beings, powerful, scheming, or otherwise, was not what kept mankind, and many other species, surviving, and thriving well eons later after the fall of the Je'daii Order. It was the determination to become better. The willpower of ones self, just as that of a nation. Centralized and powerful, These Sith had risen like rabbits. Spreading as a wildfire that couldn't be quenched, yet they were only sparks that went out before hitting the ground. They were wasted. Squandered under such values of "Passion, Love, trust, prosperity." No. These societal normalcies is what made many weaker, or throw away what was considered an aspect of survival. A creature of great respect, and power in the wild, had no will of political powers. They had no desires of free will. They had no wants of First World problems of their food being cold. They had Needs. Food, shelter, water. There was a cycle to the world. The only reasons for any of this, was to gather food, fight for your life, or procreation of your species.

The Sith, the Jedi, staunched the flow of such progress in these endeavors. Waging wars on their societal beliefs. While there were many within the Imperial Order who also followed this, they were wrong, but happened to be down the right path. What the Galaxy needed, was Order. A guiding hand to what was necessary, and what was a want. These wars, were, for me, an aspect of ending such wants. I wanted a family. Yet at the end of it, All I desire is for my species to continue.

Even as the Knights before me fought for the Will of our
Imperator, It was a necessity to do so. Not a desire. For this, I respected them. I wanted them as an ally along side me. These thoughts alone filled me with such emotions to use, and harness against these troops, Spawn of the Darkness, and furthermore, their creators of Shapers, and Vongformed beings. They went against such notions of survival for our species. They sought to bring an end to us. For that, they must perish.

It was with the Jawbone of the dead Vong, I looked at it. Knowing that this violence was a necessary evil of the world so that Order could be brought. So that necessities could become wants and desires. I fought with the Imperial Order so that one day, the Galaxy would become a place that these trivial matters of the flesh would be no more. I am no longer a being of flesh. I am a being of Order, a being of Might, a being of the Force. It is from this, that I seek to bring the Fel's might down upon all who fought against us. They stood in the way of what was necessary. Their desires meant nothing.

The bone and flesh dropped to the ground. Hardly making a sound among the greater battle rattles of troopers, the blaster bolts, and weaponry firing off without end. Looking up, The knights fought Sith ahead. No smile upon my face, but within my eyes as I followed after them. Closing the distance. Watching and learning from them, these Knights of Honor, Valor, Power, and Dedication to their cause. My Cause. OUR cause.

The Imperial Order will prevail, and will bring peace and prosperity to the new galaxy.

Last edited:

Obj II
Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar
OPEN
W97n1D7.png

it'll be up to the Jedi to finish them off...

Good luck with that, he thought, vividly remembering the state of the Jedi when he'd last met Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina .

Once more, it seemed, the burden of eradicating the Sith would fall on Imperial shoulders. The same shoulders often mistreated and lynched by the rest of the galaxy verbally.

Words, that's all the galaxy could muster. But never action. Ancient sects of Force wielding lunatics whose only job was to eliminate the Sith and their machinations much preferred to flee and cower in their temples, enclaves, caves and what-not other primitive dwellings, preaching and patronizing from a moral high ground. A high ground built on the corpses of the Imperial.

Konrad could only hope the white-haired Ashina heir could see the Jedi for what they really were.

A band of empty-headed cockalorums.

As the Black Hand's missile came crashing down in the form of a fiery explosion into a machine gun's nest, the half-Kandaran deployed a number of sensor jamming smoke bombs to mask his approach upon the walls where the controls of the gate were located.

The assassin's black visage was the last thing the Sith-Imperial gatekeeper saw before his throat ran crimson.

Working the controls, the gate began to open.

All Aemilio had to do was carve through the Sith lines.

A blaster bolt caught him in the shoulder, and it jerked back, though the armoured plate dissipated it without him registering pain. At the point of the wedge, he couldn't falter, lest the entire formation collapse. With naught but a signal, the wedge tightened, shortening as its edges turned inwards. From above, resembling more an arrow and its shaft than a V-formation charging across the field.

As they closed in on the Sith Remnant lines, his Battlemind AI continued to track the drug-enhanced Harrsk, calculating his time to target. And Aemilio leapt forwards, jetpack propelling him forwards much faster than he previously was.

Disruptor rifle overheating, he released it while drawing his vibrosword from over his shoulder.

Blaster bolts assailed him as he descended, crashing into the ground - or rather - right atop his most recent victim. Heavy boots crushing chest and abdomen below his weight as he sprung off.

While the Harrsk used biological chemical enhancement to move faster, Aemilio favoured technology. Repulsorboots allowing him to skirt around the hostiles far quicker than the breakneck sprint. His vibrosword leaving a blood soaked carving in his wake. The orchestra of death was carried by the thrumming ultrasonic generator of his blade, a symphony of death for his enemies as he carved both torsos and limbs to pieces before he hit the ramp leading up through the gate.

Behind him, the tighter formation of the arrowhead punched through the hole he forced through the Remnant lines, rushing past him as those at the front took up rear facing positions and fired on the closing ranks that sought to pin them to the Command Tower with no escape. Those in the rear kept rushing up the ramp and into the Tower, firing as they moved to cut a way through, to reach the gate controls.

A sergeant called out, the signal for the retreat into the temple as the Legionnaires began closing in on them.

<"Shut the gate,"> Valaar said over the commline, passing over the threshold as he replaced his blade and slotted in another power cell to his rifle.

BYOO|KOL HURO| ACQUISITION
AIKO HAYATA, CEO OF HAYATA CORP
TAGS//: Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Gat Tambor Gat Tambor

8foFMuM.png

"Without the Zambrano figurehead, they were nothing but a bunch of children with expensive tech and little will to fight."

A casual observation, but one which was born from keeping close tabs on the conflict as it had initially begun as a revolt and later became a full-fledged conflict that rivalled some of the others for being arguably one of the most brutal in terms of casualties and the ensuing refugee crisis it caused. Once Carnifex fled the throne, it became pretty obvious who the Hayata CEO would place her bets on winning the war. The Sith had shown nothing but incompetency and a talent for consistently producing failure after failure, and even when they had the initiative, they squandered it. Though Aiko supposed that was the natural result of only fighting weak Mandalorians and striking when the enemy was on its last legs, the moment the Sith legions faced real opposition, they floundered like their founder did and tucked tail and ran. A sad end to the Zambrano legacy, if there was any to salvage.

Aiko couldn't help but snidely smirk to herself; her profits and amusement had only risen from the results of it all. And now, with her ties to the trade federation as strong as ever, the group was set to profit even more off of the fallen Sith empires collective misfortunes. It was just business, after all.

"I'm sure he will, Mr Tithe, he may lack for social graces, but he doesn't lack in punctuality."

There were certainly areas that were divorced from the fighting on Mygeeto. Small sections of the metropolis that just refused to give in, areas that kept normalcy chugging along as starfighters danced across the skies and soldiers of foreign fields fought for the future of the world. Of course, there were places on the city that just attempted to act as normal. People had lives to live, they had people to feed, and they had needs to meet. Ortʹtʹo walked out of the club, patting a man in a cut-off battle jack on the back as the two of them laughed about the days performance. He scratched at his neck as they began to walk down the sidewalk, a nail on chalkboard like sound as exoskeleton rubbed on exoskeleton. He tapped the microphone against the side of his leg as they walked, humming along with the set performance they had just finished. The door swung open again, flittering back and forth as the rest of the members of the band came filing out behind the pair. Ort’t’o turned around, walking backwards, and offered up a wave to them. Watching Krimar run a hand through his brightly dyed hair before following the motion with a swig of some Muunish beer. It was beyond late, the sun had set and the chill of the night had fully set in. It would be a fair walk to the hotel they had rented out for the show tonight.

“People seem to actually like us!” Ort’t’o said.

“I told you. People eat that sad, angry, anti-establishment stuff up like it’s candy. Say a couple bad things about the Sith-” Krimar replied.

“And the credits just roll in!” Santoro, the drummer, chimed in.

The group had a good laugh, forming a close knit pack as they walked. Santoro drumming the first couple lines of one of their songs off of Ort’t’o’s dome, enticing the Tognath to start the first couple versus of it. An unplugged electric guitar strumming along in the darkness of the Mygeetan city scape, the hoarfrost winds whipping around the group.

“Don’t feel like a thing can touch us!” Krimar shouted.

And then the skyline lit on fire.

---

The gunship doors opened and the barrage of blasters, teeth, and monsters was the response. Moments from stepping out the door, Ort’t’o was swinging the barrel of his carbine around like a blade to push back the surge of flesh upon the squad. He caught a Vongspawn by the jaw, sent it back, before leveling the carbine and dropping a burst of three blaster rounds into the abomination. Starting at the chest, the rounds walked their way up before the final one snapped the head back with a violent force. Reacquire. Another Spawn was nearly upon them, another one of the squad’s troopers picked the same target and sent the nightmare to the ground with an onslaught of heat. Bolts tearing through flesh and rending armor into slag. Bolts zipped past and slapped into the hull of the gunship as the Sergeant screamed for the squad to advance into the field and to spread out.

In the distance, the Toganth could smell the cinders on the air.

<”Private Mikla, saturate the area!”>

Two more rounds down range, dropping a Remnant trooper that had his sights on him, Ort’t’o sat his carbine on the ground before bringing the RD-4 from off of his back. He switched the safety off and listened to the warmachine purr as the electronic signals brought it to life. A light, green glow near the magazine let him know that it was ready for the fight.

There was an actual hoard of Vong, Sithspawn, and Remnant troops making their way through the rubble of the collapsing ruins. They were no longer acting like a unified military force, instead they were simply a hammer dropping upon whatever they could.

The Sith Empire had been dying since Braxant, and just like the burning of the world, this was just another vain attempt to rage against the dying of the dark against the rise of the light.

<”Launcher primed, clear!”> Ort’t’o shouted as he leveled the grenade launcher.

Phpt- phpt- phpt, three cracks of the weapon. Bright green balls saturated in a neon energy were tossed from the barrel in the direction of the shambling mob. Radiation Grenades, the moment they left the barrel each of the radtroopers counters began to tick off. Alerting them to the raised stakes of the mission.

The fission explosions made contact with the wall of flesh, miniaturized nuclear-warheads in their own way, if Ort’t’o wanted to be hyperbolic. The explosions were violent shattering of atoms, and the result was a radioactive boom that rendered, burned, and tore flesh from bone. Those closest to the apex of the blast simply had large sections of their being melted away, those further away would suffer burns and shockwave effects. Most of the helmeted soldiers had their visors crack or shatter instantaneously.

Those that survived the volly? Cancer.

<”Light them up!”> The sergeant yelled.

Shouldering the launcher, Ort’t’o picked up his carbine and began his assault. Letting burst after burst fall into the crowd.

Obj II
OPEN
W97n1D7.png

Smoke and soot billowed in the air as the last pockets of resistance were being eliminated by the Black Hands. Last drawn breaths wailed in the halls of the tower and maddened eyes forever remained open in a stupor as the Wrath of Iron ended their wrong existence.

Konrad wiped his blade clean on the silken black cloak he donned before he slid it back inside his hip's sheath and approached Valaar who was giving final orders to one of his sergeants. The emerald brightness of his green eyes abated as the mutagen within his system subsided.

"I was posted to Galidraan recently," he began while shuffling through his inventory, mentally counting what remained, "somehow Tal had convinced COMPNOR to partake in the cleaning of his dirty laundry, labelling every rival as a Sith-Imperial loyalist." he said, recalling his brief meeting with Rika Hiro Rika Hiro . Jaeger would've never left COMPNOR to become an asset in the pocket of any warlord.

It was all that milksop Enlil's fault.

"--but more importantly," Konrad cleared his throat, shifting his eyes to glare at the Draelslayer, "my visit to Galidraan III, Barran's world, had me cross paths with the Emperor. A distasteful, primitive world - not one you'd expect the Empire's most decorated General to hail from. But back to the point - upon entering the Barran's castle I ordered its dwellers - all Galidrani - to kneel before Fel as Imperial etiquette dictates and they flinched."

"
Barran did not, though - he knelt and they heeded his call."

"I can only assume such sentiment is most probably more profound among those of Galidraan Prime."

Aemilio reached up and took his helmet off his head. The battle would soon be coming to an end he knew, once the rest of the Company and the subsequent Battalion followed to erase the Sith Forces that remained. Being inside the Tower was enough to complete their objective and send the intelligence officers among them picking away at the computers.

It was not long before Konrad was upon him, and the bastion resident twisted his head, an upwards raise of recognition as he noticed the beeline through the troops towards him.

The opener went straight to Galidraan without hesitation. An operation that he was glad to stay away from. Let them die for their own planet. Balancing the helmet on his hip, he raised a brow at the mention of Tal's relation to COMPNOR and suppressed the taunting grin that threatened to grow on his face. Aemilio knew the very thought of it disgusted the young Harrsk. But, he nodded all the same.

"It is believable, some would be tied to the Sith in preference to us." A last minute betrayal was likely not, going to be to the benefit of a few ruling fiefs. Though the comment was made, more for himself as Konrad went deeper into the topic. An up raised brow the only real crack in his features at his mention of the Imperator. Coupled with an exhalation through his nostrils, his head raised.

"The trainers used to say Barran was happy to throw away the lives of his own kin for the Empire -- and Tavlar." The final words he uttered a second thought addition. His group, his gang, had been named after their late Sovereign. And while their sights had been aimed on Sith and their sympathizers, his death only worked to aggravate and radicalize the rest of the Youth more. They both knew this. And Aemilio begrudgingly, had come to terms with that as a benefit.

Especially in regards to Warlords.

"It's a shame his own people don't possess the same devotion." His tone suggested it was anything, but a shame. "It sounds as if they think themselves independent. A sentiment that these Warlords all seem to share."

An idea that was contrary to the Youth's core beliefs.

"These worlds... These... Warlords. Their worlds deserve the same treatment Carlac has been dealt."

Obj II
OPEN
W97n1D7.png

He looked away, frowning in thought. Carlac was a disaster, a shameless spit in the face of the Empire. If Galidraan ever dared to defy the Iron Will, then its fate was to be sealed. No more desultory retaliations to acts of treason.

Only complete and utter destruction.

A deterrent. A weapon to keep the systems in line.

But before that idea could come to fruition, they had to employ preventive measures--

"--like cancer, the head needs to be cut off before it festers to the rest of the body." as it had happened on Carlac. That blind ponce Halketh deserved the slowest and most agonizing of deaths. "Barran is either indeed a staunch loyalist to the Empire or an award-winning actor. Tal is a power-hungry maniac but there are hardly any suspicious signs to his persona. However..."

Tapping the wrist holopad, it produced a projection of two women with the ISB logo underneath clearly indicating the source of these files, "...it is foolish to trust blindly, as we have learned." nodding at the two distinct images, " Enedina Tal Enedina Tal and Morgana Sinclair Morgana Sinclair . The former, as you might be aware, is Tal's heiress daughter with a clean service record. The latter - a Captain in the Starfighters' Corps and the Lady of House Sinclair, a house loyal to Barran's; also with a clean service record."

"If Tal and Barran are exquisite actors and intricate web weavers capable of no missteps, it would be a waste to spend time probing them. But these two women... perhaps they might be the key to revealing if the two Galidraani Generals are truly loyal to the Empire."

As out of character as it was for Konrad to share such information to someone like Aemilio, he knew for all his incapabilities, Valaar may very well be the only ally in this case. ​

He did not know much about Tal. On the list of Imperial Warlords, he was on the quieter end of things. He stepped onto the battlefields, he knew, but there was no telling as to the strengths of his military command or ambitions, what with the Galidraan system being secured by the New Order. As far as he saw the 'power-hungry maniac,' his only tool was Barran.

Without him, Tal had little to oppose the rule of Bastion. If

If only all the Warlords had as simple a target to remove.

The images appeared between the two. The first was more or less unfamiliar to him, though he had heard of the Joint Chief's supposed child. "I know of the second," he said. The Galidraani tended to look favourably upon the Black Hands, stemming from the battlefield they shared under the banner of IMPMAG, when they traversed the dunes and then scaled 'Mongrel's Hill.' "She provided cover during the Lorrd Op," he recalled.

"The Heiress has a use. A purer connection than in comparison to the vassal and Lord," he said, wondering. Though his tone suggested he was questioning the formulating plan. Surprisingly, "Still. You're right," he admitted. Through them they could determine whether the two Generals were indeed loyal to the Empire and to Fel. And if not... "Whether their respective Lords are loyal to the Empire or not, it will be good to know whether there are true loyalists in their midst, all the same."

Though it begged the question as to why. Why did Konrad come to him now? Did the Imperator know of their qualms with each other? Did he express unity to his shared leader? If he pressed in the wrong way, Harrsk'd see he could leverage more over him.

"You obviously don't want them dead." Yet. "You want an official meeting, or..." A clandestine one.

"You know, Galidraan III is a prime location for a new Youth Academy," he suggests.

Not only was it in the midst of their opposition, but if Erskine truly favoured the Empire over his loyalty to Tal, then it'd only further the gap between them. And thus, leave the Warlord isolated in his own territory.

Serve.

What simple days those had been. Simple hatred, staring up at the masters; it didn't matter how powerful they were, only how they had power over him. Staring up at the stars, he wished for everything he did not have. These ones... they were the same. Who was he, to be a master, to turn his hatred not on those above but on those below?

No. Perhaps not even hatred had motivated those Dark Lords -- Xeykard briefly saw fear instead. And in these, fear that the worst would happen again.

Xeykard was at that worst. Some mix of freedom and order had been the way for so long, but there was always someone above, holding him down. Even now he was shackled. He, the greatest of those that stood against the Imperials here, was still the weakest.

The pause seemed an eternity, yet he found himself falling only a moment later, his legs cut from under him. The pain tore at his mind, and in a primal anger he lashed out with his hands. A wave of force ripped through the air as he roared in pain.

He fell onto the steps, but no longer did he look to his foes.

"Serve," he snarled, but his expression was sober. "This one has done enough serving."

He turned, clawing into the stairs, and launched himself away -- though his knees had been unstrung, his arms still had strength to hold him up, and the Force was willing to deliver him from death.

Sergeant, Walker Pilot
MOSHED-2021-10-5-21-36-16.gif

Career in Review

Knight stood outside of the entry way into a beige pavilion tent, the flaps were loosely closed and on either side stood neatly dressed security personnel from the Internal Security Bureau. The camp itself was near a training center for walker pilots, a camp that did not exist whenever Knight had joined with the New Imperial Order in the days before the Muunilist offensive. The agents wore helmets that obscured their faces though Knight doubted he would have known them without the obstruction. The population of the New Imperial Order had exponentially grown with every system brought into the regime. Knight stood at rest in front of the flaps while the agents continued their stoic forward facing pose "Send him in." a woman's voice ordered from within the tent, at once the ISB Agents took a step to the side while one held open the right flap. Knight entered and saw a simple table and a woman sitting in a chair who wore a white uniform and the seal of the Internal Security Bureau on her right shoulder. The walker pilot stood in front of the desk and rendered a salute to her "At ease, Sergeant Knight." she gave him a stiff nod "Do you understand that this interview ill be recorded and archived for an undetermined amount of time and that anything said during said interview may be used against you in a court either military or civilian in the pursuit of justice?" the words hung over the veteran's head for a moment "Understood ma'am."

The Human woman activated a small spherical probe that floated a few inches off the desk "Interview Kresh one, one, two, Aurek. Station Chief Tara Eislin with Sergeant Knight." the Station Chief motioned towards Knight then "Sergeant Knight how long have you served with the New Imperial Armed Forces?" Knight inhaled deeply, the noise mostly muffled by his helmet which he did not remove during duty as per regulation "I have served in the New Imperial Armed Forces since 858 ABY." the probe emitted a scan over Knight's figure and a green light flashed on top of it. Perhaps it was some sort of biometric reader that was akin to a polygraph. Knight could not be sure "You have served since Muunilist, is that correct Sergeant Knight?" the tone of her voice was vague, Knighty couldn't get a read on the purpose of this interview nor the intent "That is correct. My first deployment was the invasion of Muunilist." the Station Chief folded her hands on the table and leaned in a bit "What was your rank during this invasion?" to which he responded promptly "Corporal, ma'am." the Station Chief's eyes looked over the armored man for a moment "What is your species, Sergeant Knight?" for a moment the sergeant hesitated "Sergeant Knight, did you understand my question?" she asked with a bit of pressure "Yes ma'am. I am a Human hybrid. Human-Umbaran." what was she setting him up for he could not discern "You are not Human, is that correct Sergeant Knight? Not fully." Knight's eyes narrowed on her through his visor and his voice was a tad strained "No ma'am. I am not fully Human."

"Sergeant Knight the current date is 867 ABY. It has been 9 years since your first deployment as Corporal. Your records show that you have had no disciplinary actions taken against you in those 9 years. You have been promoted only once, correct?" Knight thought over her summary of his service and he nodded "That is correct." the Station Chief gave a reassuring smile "The people of the New Imperial Order honor our loyal, courageous, soldiers who stood against the Empire. Do you feel honored, Sergeant Knight?" the question was strange and Knight's suspicions were raised once more, was she testing his loyalty? "Yes ma'am, there is no greater honor than serving the people of the Order and the Imperator." the woman's expression remained unchanged though her hands came up to bridge under her chin "Of course. A very patriotic answer. Though I wonder if you feel that you have been passed over unfairly for promotion during your long career. Most of your peers have been promoted time over yet you are only a Sergeant? A record such as yours leaves me perplexed, Sergeant. Do you feel you are undeserving of a progression to a higher station?" Knight's hands clenched one another behind his back. This is it. he thought to himself She's going to paint me as a dissident. "Sergeant Knight?" the Station Chief asked with a stern tone "Answer the question; do you feel you are undeserving of a progression to a higher station?" then he answered her with restraint "A soldier's place isn't to question the organizational choices of the chain of command, ma'am." he countered "A careful parry, Sergeant Knight, but ultimately deceitful. I will ask again and you will respond without misdirection." she leaned back in her chair with a confident glint to her eye "Do you feel that you are undeserving of a progression to a higher station?" Knight's head tilted upward a little more with all the dignity he could muster "No ma'am. I do not feel I am undeserving of a progression to a higher station." the Station Chief motioned again towards the sergeant "Are you aware of the investigation into Colonel Wuxlar, Sergeant Knight?" he was surprised to hear that name, it was the command officer of the unit that Knight had been serving in for years by this point. One of the first few hundred senior officers to defect to the New Imperial Order "No ma'am. I was not aware there was an investigation into Colonel Wuxlar." the Station Chief said nothing for only a handful of seconds that felt like minutes to Knight "Colonel Wuxlar has been accused of Subversion against the New Imperial Order and the Destruction of Imperial Records. There is evidence to suggest that the Colonel has been a purveyor of ideologies that strike at the core of the New Imperial Order, holdovers from archaic Imperial society. Have you been approached by Colonel Wuxlar or his staff in a way that would lead you to believe that he was withholding promotions, privileges, and recommendations from non-Humans in the unit in which Colonel Wuxlar was the commanding officer and you, Sergeant Knight, are a member of?"

Her accusations against Colonel Wuxlar hit Knight in a way that felt like he had the ground pulled out from beneath him. Had he ever suspected anything? He had only ever seen the Colonel but never spoken to him. The Colonel's staff officers were mostly professionals, in Knight's opinion "Ma'am with respect the staff officers of the unit have been professional in the execution of their duties." the woman pointed an upturned hand at Knight "And what of the Colonel, Sergeant? Was he professional in the execution of his duties?" Knight's quick response surprised even himself "Ma'am I am unable to accurately answer your question because I have not had sufficient contact with Colonel Wuxlar." the Station Chief almost cut him off her response was so swift, pressuring the sergeant "Do you feel that the Colonel was avoiding you?" "No ma'm, I-" "Did you ever notice the Colonel did not address you in your 9 years of service under him? "Ma'am, my-" "Sergeant your history shows a sterling record and nearly a decade of continuous service. Why were you not promoted sooner?" "I do not have the infor-" the Station Chief put up her hand sternly which silenced the sergeant immediately "It is because you are not Human, Sergeant. In manifests obtained by the ISB you are named as a low priority. In Colonel Wuxlar's personal memoirs the ISB has obtained your name as a point of contention with the Colonel attempting on numerous occasions to have you removed from service via injury or death." the rapid exchange the revelation left Knight stunned. His bearing loosened and he appeared dazed "Alashan 858 ABY, no support units rendered, sent alone to engage the enemy. Troska, Operation Watchtower, 858 ABY assigned to a Special Operations Command mission without Special Operations training and with no recovery team memo should your vehicle become inoperable. Your name in the operation was scrubbed from the Imperial Army's records on the order of Colonel Wuxlar, luckily the ISB has our own archival process that Colonel could not touch. Troska system, high orbit, 858 ABY you were again assigned away from the Imperial Army to the Stormtrooper Corps to assist in the boarding action of the HIMS Baneful. Records scrubbed, no recovery plan in place for the Kezia-class walker. Presbelt IV, 858 ABY, assigned to a mission objective without support. Made contact with Imperial Stormtroopers. No recovery team memo. No Imperial Army record." Knight felt his blood running cool and a swelling in his throat as if he was about to cough up his organs the Station Chief stood and leaned forward with her hands on the table, her tone cold "Dathomir, 867 ABY, assigned alone to secure a landing zone. No recovery memo. No Imperial Army support. Rallied with a training unit from the Stormtrooper Corps. Your career has been an attempt to remove you from service by Colonel Wuxlar who referred to you as 'The Umbaran' in his personal documents and 'Symbolic of decline'." the silence between them was stifling and Knight was thinking over every little thing he could remember about his time in the Imperial Army. Was he really being sent off to die? Not to fight but to be butchered by a spiteful command officer? "Sergeant Knight you are being re-assigned to reserves effective immediately by the order of the Imperial Army high command by the recommendation of the Internal Security Bearu. Collect your personal belongings and report to the spaceport for relocation to Bastion until further notice. Is that understood, Sergeant Knight?" Knight had never felt a moment in his life were 'surreal' was fitting, normally it was hyperbolic at the least. A term used by zealous officers to inspire their troops "I... understand." he managed to reply "End interview Kresh,one, one, two, Aurek."

Last edited:

Alex Eldar

A

S H A D O W
SERGEANT
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
SOME KRIFFING PLACE | TANDUN III
TAG: The Operator The Operator | Shai Maji Shai Maji | Ortʹtʹo Mikla Ortʹtʹo Mikla | Ignatius Ignatius | Waymar Geyer | Ragnar Bloodfist Ragnar Bloodfist | Areyon Areyon | Xeykard Xeykard | Alric Árheim | Nukth Kelga'an Nukth Kelga'an | Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund
GEAR: Armour | 2x Pistols | Battle Rifle | Sniper Rifle | Vibroblade | 2x Vibroknives | Basilisk | Grenade loadout
wingsiron.png

alextemp.gif

COUNTDOWN

Heartbeats could almost be heard all around as the squad stood in silence as premonition settled on all of them. Even Ida seemed to tense, all teasing gone.

And then all hell broke loose.

As Commander Krayt burst through the branches with repeater fire behind her, the shrubs to their left came to life. It seemed they really did have eyes as Remnant troopers flanked them and open fired.
"Well this is lovely!" Lex said as she swiveled her rifle around and let loose with bursts of particle bolts. "We get out of this in one piece and I'll get you that drink I owe you." she told The Operator The Operator .

They were boxed in. They had to get rid of the flank before they can try and move forward. Thermals were lighting up like a Life Day tree. They weren't dealing with a few straggling Remnants.
:: Anyone got a visual? ::
"Negative." she replied. "Thermals just picking up a lot of hot bodies. No idea how many walking dead there are, though."

The rifle's clip finally emptied. "Kark this!" she grumbled as she deftly exchanged canisters. "Ida, cover me." she said as she moved back to key in a command on her comm panel on her vambrace. "Right, air support incoming!" she said, lifting her rifle to her shoulder once more.

It didn't take long for the signature howl to come from above. And then the familiar brrrrrrrr of the particle cannon let loose on their flank as Hack, Lex's Basilisk War Droid, swooped over them. Turning, he came back for another strafe.

Lex turned her attention to her squadmates.
"Hack is buying us some time. We can press the advance, get rid of that repeater and meet up with the squad in the ruins - if they're still alive, by your leave, Commander?" Lex suggested, speaking to Shai Maji Shai Maji . They needed better visuals - to head into the clearing where flanking was harder to do and where they could manouver better without flying into trees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom