Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Relic Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent
: This submission falls in line with my character's backstory. They serve as a means to motivate the character to take action and at the same time serve as a lens for him to comment on the galaxy now vs the galaxy before he went into stasis.
Image Credit: Wookiepedia
Role: These men serve as the characters forces with all having previously served within the same (now defunct) nation's military. They further serve as companions who share the same plight of being stuck in a galaxy that they no longer belong in.
Permissions: N/A
Links:
Character Intro
Character Page

GENERAL INFORMATION
Unit Name
: Relic Marine / Relic Trooper / Relic Company
Affiliation:
Formerly: Galactic Empire (New Order)
Currently: Dyre Redwave
Classification: Marines (Boarding/Raiding Infantry)

Equipment:

Armor
Stormtrooper Armor
Armor Environmental Accessories (air filters, temperature control, water sealant etc.)

Primary Arms
E-11 Blaster Rifle
E-11s Sniper Rifle
E-11D Carbine
T-21 Light Repeating Blaster
DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle
Scatter Gun

Side Arms
SE-14C Blaster Pistol
DH-17 Blaster Pistol

Melee Weapons
Electrostaves
Vibroknifes
Stun Batons

Thrown Weapons
Concussion Grenades (Physical, Sonic, Armor)
Fragmentation Grenades
CryoBan Grenades
Flash-Bang Grenades
Smoke Grenades

Heavy Weapons
Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon
Smart Rockets
Flamethrowers

Breaching Charges
Explosive Charges
Plasticene Thermite Gel

Vehicles/Transport
Jumpspeeders
AT-ST MKIII
ITT
Lambda-Class T-4A Shuttle

Misc. Gear
Macrobinoculars
Electrobinoculars
Grappling Hooks
Stun Collars
Stun Cuffs

Description: The Relic Marines wear the armor and carry the weaponry of Imperial Stormtroopers from the height of the Galactic Empire and share much of the idealogy of the government which they used to represent. Their proudly wear their armor as they remember all too well the strict training and drilling required to acquire it, though most of the galaxy no longer remembers. They are generally 'unhappy' with the state of the galaxy presently, viewing the people as having forgot the lessons of the past.

Where they once had a cause greater than themselves worth fighting for, they now find themselves in a world entirely unfamiliar and virtually none in the galaxy who share their beliefs or culture. They seek, primarily to make enough money to establish their own retirement plan so that they can settle down into a comfortable life, far away from the troubles of the galaxy.

In total, the Relic Marines have roughly 225 personel, though many of these are auxilery personel tied to them such as shuttle pilots, armorers, quartermasters, logisticians, staff medics and communications personal. Though they are non-combat personel these individual are invaluable to their field operations and generally regarded as part of the 'Relic Marines'.

COMBAT INFORMATION:
  • Unit Size: Medium
  • Unit Availability: Unique
  • Unit Experience: Elite
  • Combat Function: In combat the Relic Marines are capable of filling a wide variety of roles though their specialized training makes them extremely well suited for boarding operations, planetary raids and the destruction or securing of various targets in these situations. The relic marines, most commonly, operate in teams of between 12 and 24 strong though slightly larger or smaller have been utilized in some scenarios.
Strengths:
  • Superb Education & Experience: Each Relic Trooper has received the best education money can buy in the finer points of combat and has been trained rigorously in how to perform their own specialized job to the best of their ability. As marines, this translates into extensive training an experience in boarding and raiding.
  • Band of Brothers: In Truth, their other brothers in arms are the only thing these men have remaining of their past lives. Though some might move forward and have families of their own, they are now living in a galaxy apart from the one where they grew up in. This results in a strong sense of cohesion between them.
  • Versatility: Their acquisition of a stockpile of imperial weaponry and supplies before entering into cryostasis provides them with a wide variety of tools allowing them to select the weapons best suited for a task before going into combat.
  • High Human Culture: Relic Troopers have had extensive experience combating the 'alien scourge' and have been trained in how to deal with 'savage species' in their native environments.
Weaknesses:
  • Human Supremacists: While fighting side by side with humans, near humans, and species that are closely related to humans genetically is one thing, the Relic Troopers dislike working with 'uncivilized' species and while they might fight for the same end, they would be unlikely to fight side by side and would certainly not risk their lives for 'alien scum'.
  • Antiques: Much like the Relic Marines themselves, the weapons and armor they utilyze are quite old. Whereas most new armor and weapons provide similar firepower, their equipment tends to be heavier than modern counterparts. This weight is a distinct disadvantage in situations where long marches are necessary.
  • Left Behind Technologically: Just as some find it difficult to teach their grandparents about modern technology, though biologically young, the Relic Marines have skipped multiple generations of technological advancement. Though their pilots can still operate newer craft and they are more than capable of picking up and figuring out the operation of a newer rifle or other simple tools, they lack experience with modern operating systems or computer technology.
  • Irreplacable: The great academies which at one point trained their kind on Coruscant and other worlds have long been defunct. All those who might have been capable of joining their ranks have passed with time long ago. Their shared culture, ideals and homeland are largely gone in this day and age. While some losses can be sustained, the harsh reality is that outsiders would not fit in among their ranks and, as such, combat losses cannot be replaced.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

As their name suggests, the Relic Marines are a relic of days long past having served the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War prior to the destruction of the second Deathstar. Instead of perishing upon the doomed ship, these men, fed up with what they deemed to be 'Gross Negligence' on part of Bureaucrats, fled the station aboard a Deep Space Cartographic Vessel which was set to map the yet unmapped regions of space. With them, they took what possessions they had aboard the ship as well as a large assortment of military equipment.

Knowing that the Galactic Empire would view them as traitors and that the radical terrorists who opposed them would punish them and their families should they remain, they used the ships Cryostasis Units and set the ship to undertake its predetermined mission while they remained in stasis. When they awoke, more than eight centuries had passed, along with their friends, loved ones and all which they held dear.

Outwardly, their logo is the six spoked Imperial Crest which serves to remind them of the glorious days of old,. Internally though they have a number of symbols, largely sentimental, to remind them of what they fled to protect. Most notable among these symbols is a hand drawn picture, in crayon, of a young child hugging a man in the garb of an imperial stormtrooper, a picture drawn for one of the men by a daughter he will never again see which serves to remind all what they wanted to protect in the first place.

Though they are now engage in whatever lucrative activities they can do for the sake of financial security, they still remember who and what they are, and wear their armor proudly.

Named Members

Dyre Redwave - Company Leader
Lieutenant Danesbaugh
Lieutenant Tanner
Corporal 'Lucky' - 'Lucky' earned his nickname due to his uncanny luck. Most notably, having survived the destruction of the first Deathstar due to being dispatched to a medical ship after recieving a concussion.

Combat Accolades
Galactic Civil War

Last edited:
Dyre Redwave Dyre Redwave

The Factory and Codex have not yet re-opened after the holidays and site-migration so this submission has been placed on Hold. We will make a board announcement when we do. We will tag you when the submission has been unlocked and judgment may begin.

Hello! I was just looking over your submission and saw you've been waiting a little bit. Overall, nice bit of backstory here - But there are some things to look at.

1.) Image Credit - I see that you're using an image, but, Image Credit is blank. This link to the Wookie would be just fine.

2.) Template Update: You're missing the permissions field. Please add it to the submission, but, if none apply just note "N/A".
fc3369826108f83f3fa1f8f13d5cfd72.png

3.) Affiliation: Dyre Redwave - I suggest linking your Bio as it contains a lot of info that is pertinent to this submission.

4.) Equipment: Please specify what "Assortment of Battle Rifles" or "Heavy Weapons" these NPC's are using. If they are common items they do not need to be linked, however, for potential PVP scenarios you should still expressly state what this unit has available.

5.) Description: The first section should be listed properly under Equipment. It's more armor, transports, etc. They should also be clarified.
Description: The Relic Marines wear the armor and carry the weaponry of Imperial Stormtroopers from the height of the Galactic Empire. They additionally have a small number of speeder bikes, armored transport shuttles and stationary guns. Some officers carry personal sidearms though these are more about comfort and prestige than any increase in functionality.

6.) Unit Availability: Unique: Compared to the statements made in "Unit Size" this really isn't accurate. The squad size is 10-24 but they do have approximately 200 other combat personnel they could be replaced with. Uncommon or Rare would be a better descriptor of what you currently have written.
Unit Size: Medium
The Relic Marines operate in squads of 10-24 though in total number fewer than 200 combat personnel with roughly two dozen support staff and officers.

7.) History: I noticed that the Character Bio for Dyre Redwave accounts for the 800+ Year time jump, however, this sub doesn't mention the cryosleep at all. I would suggest adding how they got to this time period because as a stand-alone it appears that this unit is still being written in the wrong era. Here is the Chaos Timelime if you need any points to reference.

You've got a great thing started here by bringing back some traditional Storm Trooper aesthetic. Please review the items above and let me know if you need any assistance. Tag me when you're ready for me to look again. Thank you!

Last edited:
Srina Talon Srina Talon

I have updated the submission as requested.

1. Image Credit: Added
2. Permissions: Added and filled with N/A
3. Affiliation: Added Link
4. Equipment: Though most items were common felt inclined to add the lot of it in anyway because 'why not?' I guess
5. Description: Updated with equipment moved and more detailed discription provided
6. Unit Availability: Changed to rare... have a question on this one afterward.
7. Summarized the 800+ year lapse.

Question in regards to unit availability seeking some clarification as this is likely just a one-off interpretation problem given the particulars of this submission.

Unique (only one)
Rare (very few, difficult to replace, may have long training times)
Uncommon (some, replaceable, enough to support)
Common (many, easy to replace, likely with more always in training).

Initially, at least to me, these description reads as if defining the ability to 'recruit and train more'. If that is the case then I would like to make a case for unique as they have some numbers but there is a finite supply. Not exactly a bunch of 800+ year old stormtroopers walking around and so as they are killed, retire etc that talent pool simply drops with no real way of raising it.

Alternatively, it could be interpreted as "Other than these people in the field is there anyone that can replace them." If that is the case then yes, though it is not huge. I have put Rare as I think that is likely what your intended interpretation was.

All of the above is much, much better. Good work!

As for Unit Availability:

So...Let's talk! It's entirely possible that I misunderstood/misread what was intended.

The unit has the potential for "replacements/extra personnel" listed. But, from the explanation you gave it seems that no matter how many they are currently training, trying to find, etc...They only have ONE Unit [10-24 People] active at a time. Nor can they make multiple units out of the people they have in standby.

Just to be clear: You wouldn't ever be deploying more than one unit at a time. Correct?

If that is the case then you may switch [Rare] back to [Unique].

Tag me when ready!

Alright, I think I understand where the misunderstanding is now. Unique means that only one squad can be deployed which was the intent and as such it has been changed.

Correct, they would not dedicate more than a single small combat team to a ‘dedicated combat scenario’. That is not to say that more than that might not appear in a thread in much larger numbers. Afterall, they have a substantial support staff… a pilot would drop them into combat is not counted as a part of that number, neither are would medics who are doing an evac.

Examples of such things would be somebody boarding a ship which they are living on where it was pre-acknowledged in a thread or just basic situations makes it silly for all of them not to get involved... There might also be instances where support staff would be brought in to evacuate the wounded… but as far as intentionally deploying in a combat zone in an invasion, rebellion etc… they would never do so in multiple groups and never larger than what is described.

If my understanding of this is correct, then all updates have been made.

Srina Talon Srina Talon

The additional support staff are all right because for the intent and purpose of this particular submission they are not actually part of this unit. If they play a more definitive role you could codify them with an "organization" template or something of that nature, but, as it stands this is fine. Thanks for hashing it out with me and good work! Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom