Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regulation of Unique Canon Items

[member="Cira"] So as we know I'm currently hunting down the Falcon and have made a good headway over two threads for development, however I realise that my posts have become long rather than shortening it for post count.

So my question is what would I be looking at for terms of development? Post count or level of the posts?

Kira Vaal said:
[member="Cira"] So as we know I'm currently hunting down the Falcon and have made a good headway over two threads for development, however I realise that my posts have become long rather than shortening it for post count.

So my question is what would I be looking at for terms of development? Post count or level of the posts?

Spencer Jacobs said:
2. Each claim for a canon item must have their own development thread. Depending on the canon item, dev thread requirements may fluctuate.

This can fluctuate. The more ambitious the canon item in terms of power and balance, the more development should be placed in it. Standard development threads that are you basic no fluff start at 10 quality posts.

However, much like it has been stated in the Standardization of Development threads, A Judge reserves the right to ask for a dev thread for something ambitious.

For canon items, I would heavily recommend that the more iconic and the more powerful characteristics are in the sub, the more development thread you put in it. It doesn't hurt to do 20 to 50 quality posts for something iconic.

You also get that feel good feeling of actually feeling as if one worked for it.

So I'd like to try hunting down the 2nd lightsaber of Luke Skywalker (AKA EP 6/ probably 8 era), but I'm a bit confused on one or two things. I hope you don't mind me asking, but...

1) What does a development thread that has been mentioned here a few times consist of? (What's in one, how long does it need to be, does it have to be solo, etc)
2) Is there anything besides that and applying for a reservation of that item here that needs to happen to officially own said item?

Thanks so much!

[member="Mark Sage"]

Spencer Jacobs said:
7. What would I be looking at for terms of development for a canon item? Post count or level of the posts? As stated in the Unique Canon Items Rules, this can fluctuate. The more ambitious the canon item in terms of power and balance, the more development should be placed in it. Standard development threads that are you basic no fluff start at 10 quality posts. However, much like it has been stated in the Standardization of Development threads, A Judge reserves the right to ask for a dev thread for something ambitious. For canon items, I would heavily recommend that the more iconic and the more powerful characteristics are in the sub, the more development thread you put in it. It doesn't hurt to do 20 to 50 quality posts for something iconic. You also get that feel good feeling of actually feeling as if one worked for it.

2. There are no reservations for items. It is on a first come first served basis for claiming after the tech sub has been approved.

Wondering about an item from the old list. The Anakin Solo, the Imperial II Star Destroyer. I want to affirm its ownership is mine and has been since Black Sun dropped major. Would I need to jump through the hoops of a dev thread and submission, or may it be grandfathered in? I've been flying it for... probably more than a year. But as I said with BS falling from major, it was gifted to me per agreement with Domino.

[member="Rayl Wilded"]

The Grandfathered item clause is over - however, you can still follow the following steps to claim it in the canon item list using the dev threads you already have with it for the starship sub.

1. Create your Unique Canon Item Factory submission in the Factory respective to the type.(Technology, Vehicles, Starships.)
2. At the bottom of the submission, please post an announcement in bold. "This is a canon item "
3. Below your announcement, link to the Canon Item’s wookieepedia page.

Owning a Unique Canon Item or Artifact
1. Each writer may possess no more than a total of 5 canon items across all their characters. Factions, companies, and other organizations are unable to claim canon items.
2. Each claim for a canon item must have their own development thread. Depending on the canon item, dev thread requirements may fluctuate.
3. Each Canon item must have their own Factory submission appropriate to its class. I.E. Technology, Vehicles, Starships.
4. Once approved, you may now request to claim it on the Known Owners of Unique Items and link your approved submission.

Name of Item: Millennium Falcon
Account: Kira Vaal
Submission Link: Here; Development thread linked within.
Other Information: Kira Vaal undertook a long series of undertakings to discover the location of the Falcon, after much trial and error she managed to gain the ship and rebuilt it along with the mechanics and members of the Underground Network.
The ship is the property of Kira Vaal and unless otherwise stated keep your grubby kits off <3 xx

[member="Cira"]

Matreya

[member="Cira"]

Damien lost Kallig's Scorching Lightsaber. The PC then threw it, so I don't know how to handle it. Maybe leave it as lost on Val'hala but unowned?

Name of Item: First Lightsaber Of Luke Sywalker/Second Lightsaber of Anakin Skywalker
Account: Julius Sedaire
Submission Link: Dev HERE, Technology Submission HERE
Other Information: Obtained with OOC permission of the previous owner HERE, through a dev thread linked previously where a Mandalorian Hunter had somehow acquired it, and Julius 'relieved' him of it.

[member="Cira"]

[member="Warren Century"] This is not a thread that you ask questions in, check the list on the front page to see if any one owns the item you're looking for. If no one owns it, follow the protocol to obtain and submit the canon item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom