Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rave Rezort: CIS Dominion of Thyferra

VzaK6a0.png
Wearing: Top | Pants
Wielding: 3 Czerka knives | 2 Nastirci Combat Knives | 1 TOTT-001 Arc Light Blaster | 1 Dissuader K-30 Pistol with Glitter Bullets
Tags: [member="Kaden Farr"]

x7K6md.png

Scherezade gulped. It was another one of those Confederate parties, the ones that the faction was so well known for. Food, dancing, all the shenanigans. How many of these had she attended? By her count, at least a hundred, though there certainly was a chance that she was grossly overestimating. And yet not a single time that she could recall had she actually been asked to attend it with someone else. At least, not with someone… Someone who wasn't already a super close friend.

But it was a casual thing. The asking out was not made in any date attempt or romantic attempt. She knew that. Of course she knew that. Daisy had given her the entire spiel, and Scherezade was beyond happy for her best friend, hoping that this time the dude would not end up ghosting her. Madalena had suggested that perhaps he was one of those men who tried to be nice to the friends of the one he was interested in, and Scherezade supposed that was a very likely cause.

But she had no intention on swimming! The Sithling had not even checked yet whether or not she actually could. She knew she hadn't, before all the bad stuff had gone down, and she knew that Madalena had learned to while she was in her body, but whether or not she herself could do it? With everything else that was constantly happening, she'd never had the time to check, and a party, where she'd be surrounded by people, didn't seem like a good place for a potential mega panic attack.

She'd sat next to Kaden on the flight to the party, her fingers playing with each other, not entirely sure of what to say. With people close enough to her, or certain specific people, she could talk for hours without pausing for breath. With strangers… It was different. She wasn't good at making small talk, and she supposed Kaden was either just as bad at it as she was, or just preferred not to have it. Maybe his idea of showing Daisy he was mingling with her friends ended in jus sharing the same small radius for an extended amount of time.

Once they touched ground though, Kaden suddenly began to speak. Scherezade looked up in surprise, her glowing eyes falling on him. "Full fat cream with ice cubes," she said softly. That was what she drank. She was avoiding liquor at almost any cost these days, and most bars carried cream because of the cocktails they made. From a distance it always looked like she was having some fancy drink herself, so that was fine. "Please," she added with a little smile.

"Selene?" came the question. The woman she had met beneath the surface of Yah'ghul, the one who spoke of nightmares, who had been a ghost, and who had helped her find way above ground. No. She was not going to respond to that one. He could think whatever he wanted to. But why did he know about her?

And then Daiy, surprises, hush… Scherezade nodded, and chewed on her lower lip. "You realize you didn't have to do this, right?" she asked as the two walked towards the bar, "I could've told you about what Daisy likes without you needing to ask me out to a party and all of that." She also knew that Daisy was present somewhere at this party. So… Was the clock ticking until she'd find herself alone again at the party, despite arriving with someone else? That'd be just rude. And mean. But still, she wasn't going to not answer him on it.

In fact, Scherezade knew exactly what Daisy needed at this point in her life.

VzaK6a0.png

w. [member="Scherezade deWinter"] | wearing: xxx
Full fat cream with ice? Kaden realized in that moment exactly how dull Scherezade might be as a drinking partner. Either she was an abstentionist or a recovering alcoholic. Either option meant he was getting drunk alone, or not at all. His drink of choice was going to be something he couldn’t pronounce, after all that was exactly why he drug Scherezade to the party. If Daisy has left a message saying he needed to see it, he needed to see it. Granted there were some things that easily impressed Daisy, but she was becoming rather important to him. Kaden was surprised by it all, but he wasn’t going to fight it. He liked the woman, genuinely.

“We both know I had to, especially since Daisy left that message. She does that at times, leaves little messages that I come home to. Mostly after I’ve been doing whatever Elyria wants.”

Kaden tried the other name. Perhaps she would bite now. It was odd Scherezade ignored the question. Yes, she responded with a question of her own as if she was trying to be confused by the name, but Kaden sensed his mother had touched this one. Her presence had been there when he and Daisy were fighting the Givin. Maybe he would let her have it for now, but he didn’t want to. His eyes simply looked at the sensually dressed woman. It was clear by the look on his face he wasn’t buying it.

“Look, I could have just called you, but we both know neither of us are the type to just... I don’t know... maybe you go to more of these things, but I don’t do parties well. Has Daisy told you anything about our conversation yet? Anyway... I figured I could get to know one of her friends better, and try to actually be among the living again. I know what it’s like to hide from the dark.”

He looked at the woman again with a knowing look once more. This time it was to say they had something in common. Kaden sighed as the bar tender walked up and his finger pointed to something that looked strong and hard. Scherezade may have been drinking cream, but Kaden was certainly getting something stiff.

VzaK6a0.png
Wielding: 3 Czerka knives | 2 Nastirci Combat Knives | 1 TOTT-001 Arc Light Blaster | 1 Dissuader K-30 Pistol with Glitter Bullets

x7K6md.png
She could feel the judging from him as she asked for a drink that had no actual alcohol content in it. For a heartbeat, she wanted to give into the under the table peer pressure and ask for Black Ale, but she bit her lip again instead, deciding to stick to her earlier resolve. It would probably do her no good to get actually drunk. Someday, probably later rather than sooner, she would feel safe enough to try the drink think again, when she was surrounded by people she trusted, trusted to both not abuse her while drunk and be able to put their foot down to keep it contained to whatever evening or event it would be contained to in case her body screamed for more. Maybe Kaden would one day be that friend she trusted enough for it, but tonight was not the right time for it.

At the mention of a message that Daisy sent, Scherezade had nothing to reply to. She had no clue what he was talking about; there were no such messages left for her. Was this part of a strange Mandalorian courting ceremony? Leaving little messages? With what she knew of them, she supposed to made sense, just as much as following each other to sniff the inside of the beskar armor. Mandalorians were weird like that.

And again a name. Scherezade's glowing eyes squinted. Maybe the whole Daisy thing was just an excuse; he was trying to get information out of her for something else? Once again, she ignored it. If there was a touch of darkness on Kaden, she was presently unaware of it, and she did not want to reach forward to check. Her own Darkness was thick enough. There was no reason to add to it, not when she knew so little about any of it all.

"You're the dude from the Netherworld," she suddenly said as the dots connected. It was not Scherezade he had met during one of his haunts. It had been Madalena, and her sister hadn't deemed it important enough to give her the memories of those events. She'd heard about it from Daisy. "Yes and no, I guess," she shrugged, taking a seat by him, "I go to most of the Confederate parties. And I usually stand in some corner during them, getting ignored." Madalena had asked her several times why she insisted on going anyway. It wasn't something Scherezade had an answer for. Not a satisfying one, anyway.

"But no, she hasn't actually told me about a conversation with you," she answered at last, taking her drink as it arrived. But she knew what Daisy was thinking. Her busty friend was nothing if not open and honest. She was drawn to this man.

"So before I tell you what she likes, you need to know something important. Super important. The second life you've been given depends on it kind of important," Scherezade said, and then took a melodramatic pause as she took a few sips from her drink, keeping silent for a moment. The corners of her mouth fought against her to curl into a wry grin, but she kept it at bay. "Daisy is my friend. My best girl-friend. And if you genuinely have feelings for her, if something develops, you're not allowed to hurt her. Love can run out and you can break up, but if you behave like a dickwad to her, you're going to have to deal with me. And I might be super socially awkward, but I'm not someone you want to meet as an enemy on a battlefield."

Leaning back in her chair, Scherezade took another sip from her drink. "You know those giant plyers that medical personnel use to crack ribs open?" she asked, "Daisy's been wanting one of those for a while now." It was… Half a truth, but close enough to count as a full truth. It was more like something she and Daisy had discussed, during which they'd somehow agreed that the saying the way to a man's heart goes through the ribs; remove a few to make access easier was a true one. "She also like cheese cubes."

ivdeUyw.png

Objective: BYOO – Follow Orders
Wearing: Infiltrator armor
Tags: [member="Adron Malvern"]
Mental state: Chatty
Post #: 1

8wDTtQq.png

“Coming to a place with little to no idea what to expect, with no idea what our objective is, is less blind loyalty, and more complete stupidity, little master.” Ambrus’ voice rumbled through the woman’s mind as she slowly snuck around the outside of the facility. The weather outside the facility was perfectly well enough to sneak through, foggy enough that the woman was easily able sneak along the side and remain unseen, especially as many of the security personal were upstairs with the party that was going one.

One that Xobos had no desire to participate in whatsoever.

Instead, there was a different mission for Xobos during this night, one that required her to break into the underground facility, and beyond that she didn’t know. Her master had informed her that the rest of the mission was on a need to know basis once, if, she made it inside, in a manner that he had not done before. It was interesting, yet disturbing, that she had no idea what she was doing here. But being told to don her armor, and to bring her lightsaber, made it known to her that this mission would likely not be a peaceful one.

Her entry point was a side door along the side of the facility, one that only seemed to be used by staff and security. And with the party going on, the facility group seemed distracted enough. Slowly she began move toward the door, using a spike to crack open the door’s security measures, quickly making work of the weak security and having the door slide open on her command. The miraluka did not waste a moment, slipping inside and quickly closing the door behind her.

The interior of the cooridor was painted in an eerie red light, flashing on and off slowly, every few seconds. It unnerved her, as well as the voices seemingly. Ora was the one to speak up, her voice consuming her thoughts. “This..does not feel right. Contact the one you serve quickly, and let us leave this place.” Xobos nodded mentally, quickly pulling the comm unit off her belt and comming her master as she settled into a corner, eyes down the corridor, watching for any movement. “Master? I am in the facility. It appears as though they’ve gone into some sort of..lockdown. The whole facility has red lights flashing on and off.” She spoke, and awaited a response, as her free hand slowly reached down to her lightsaber, as if to remind herself it was still there.

8wDTtQq.png

VzaK6a0.png
Objective: Party Like a Rockstar
Tags: [member="Daisy Americus"] [member="Oax Ordo"]

He hadn’t really expected any kind of interaction on this planet. No, certainly not. He’d come here with but a singular intent. To drink his sorrows away. The leader of a clan that didn’t even seem to operate as a clan anymore. A clan that was more or less scattered by this point with some having sworn their fealty to the one that had decreed themselves Mand’alor while others had scattered. And both seemed to consider themselves the legitimate continuation of the Ordo name. The various descendants of the great Canderous who had been a true Mand’alor so many years before.

But . . . but, it seemed as though today willed itself to deviate from the course he’d intended. A precarious voice filled his ears as a young, scantily clad woman took a seat at the bar next to him. Quite the outfit, really, considering where exactly it was that they had found themselves. But then again, who was to say she was here for the other amenities Thyferra offered?

He took a look toward here and smiled without any kind of sincerity. It was needed. After all, he hadn’t exactly wanted much interaction. Not with his mood. However, maybe interaction is just what he needed. To pull him out of whatever funk he was in.

“This?” His voice was deep and gruff, carrying a hint of a rasp to it. He pulled the stein to his lips and took another large swallow from it before returning his attention once more toward the woman. “This is just some that fails to dull the senses to the kriff of the galaxy. Nothin’ which could hold anything to a good bottle of tihaar right now.” His hand wrapped a bit tighter around the base of the stein now and then pull it back to his lips draining the rest of its frothy contents.

“Depends on your tastes as to what’ll be good. What kind of night you looking to have?”

VzaK6a0.png
w. [member="Scherezade deWinter"] | wearing: xxx
Kaden had not realized the woman had not put it together. They had met a few times, but something was very different about her, somehow she was not the same. It was information Kaden filed away for later. The rest of her story as part of the small talk was interesting. Kaden knew what it was like to be rejected, to love someone who did not love you back. He nodded his head. Of course she had to have the conversation about hurting her friend. Kaden expected it at some point, and he simply nodded again.

"I'm not going to hurt your friend. Listen, I like Daisy, a lot, and just trying to show her that."

So Daisy was a medic? That seemed like a good lead on something for her. She was also a simple girl, so Kaden wondered if something simple was a better way to go. He looked over to where Daisy was sitting, and was tempted to go and sit with her, but this conversation with Scherezade was important. Maybe it was time to get into the why he felt the need to impress her.

"So she never told you about the fact I was married to the Mand'alor at one point?"

Scherezade was smart, she would put it together.

VzaK6a0.png

x7K6md.png
The necessary statement about not planning on hurting Daisy came, and Scherezade could do little but nod. She had absolutely no intention of getting between the two of them, not unless Kaden did do something horrible. But considering her own past, it was easy to see why she would be defensive for her friend. There were only a handful of people that she let close, and Daisy was one of them, despite Scherezade's efforts to fight against it when the two had just met. She was not going to let any of those close to her get hurt if she could help it. She would be their shield against the 'verse if it came to that.

Catching Kaden's glimpse over to where Daisy was sitting, Scherezade still wasn't entirely sure on why he was sitting with her instead. It was one thing to meet your interest's friends, but at a place where he could've easier just spent the time with Daisy herself? Maybe she was just stupid about those things, because she wasn't getting it.

And then came Kaden's question.

Scherezade blinked.

She looked at Kaden, and she blinked again.

"So obviously being interested in Daisy is finally raising your standards and levelling up," she said dryly after a long pause in which all she could do was stare at him, "which, considering your age, is about damned time."

Married to the Mandalore. That alone meant that Scherezade would have melted his tuna can and tried to cut his head off his shoulders had they met during that time. When was that horrid wretch who pretended to lead the Mandalorians married? Or divorced? Scherezade wasn't sure. Did it matter? Wait, if it was death…

"People in my family die and come back to life more often than their offspring would prefer," she said carefully, "but their death does not undo a marriage. They remain married, in the afterlife and upon return, unless they specifically do something to sever that bond." Raising an eyebrow, she looked at Kaden, "so when you said you was married to that vile schutta, it better mean that the marriage is over. You can't make Daisy a second woman on the side, even if you like her a lot. Daisy deserves better than that."

Scherezade shuddered. Part of her wanted to stab the guy anyway, for being the ex of the leader of those who wanted to kill her entire family, of those whom she wanted to eradicate from the 'verse (well almost all of them, Daisy and her family were safe from her).

"How close are you to… Your people? Your former people? What's the situation here?" she said at last, deciding… Against her instinct, to give the dude a chance.

For Daisy.

The guests had settled in, drinks had been served, and the music had been going for some time. Those of the science team which were present seemed to be thrilled that the event was going so well, after all, this was a celebration of their new formula. For those in the main hall, the lights dimmed and the familiar blue of a holorecording greeted the naked eye. An image of the Rejuvenex founder appeared to give his usual greeting and explanation for his lack of absence. There was little fanfare to it, but the purpose had simply been to capture everyone's attention. Once that was achieved the lights in the room were brought back to half their previous level as a spotlight shone on the lead scientist and spokesman for the research team.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are thrilled each of you came out to celebrate the early release announcement of a brand new bacta formula that is guaranteed to speed up the rejuvenation and restoration process. For a long time war had ravaged the galaxy demanding that the researchers of Thyferra put their minds together and find a way to deal with the Bacta shortage that all of us have been experiencing. I am excited to say we have done just that. This new formula proves to be the best supply yet, and we don't just say this, we guarantee it. As always we want to thank our friends among the Confederacy who helped make this possible. Enjoy the evening, and for those of you who are so inclined, feel free to try the sample of bacta which are available to all."

As the scientist began to walk off the stage, a loud and shrill scream was heard. The man raced to the scene which began to unfold very quickly. Before his eyes a member of his own team was found dead as the lack of a pulse seemed to confirm. Suddenly the body began convulsing on the floor transforming and contorting. Bloodshot eyes looked up at the team lead, and with the speed of 100 men, leaped onto the scientist and bit him. Something was going to terribly wrong.

"Don't sample the Bacta... Quarantine the main hall. Put the Facility on lock down!"

More scientist rushed to get their team lead away from the creature. He seemed okay, and they began to dress his wounds. It was too late however as other members of the research and production team began to change. The party had changed. It was no longer a moment to enjoy success, but contain a catastrophic failure. Answers were needed, as was a cure. The clock was ticking on both. Hopefully some of the party guests came ready for a fight. It seemed they now had one on their hands.

[member="A'Runda"]
[member="Adelle Bastiel"]
[member="Akabane"]
[member="Alden Akaran"]
[member="Alkor Centaris"]
[member="Alora Fae"]
[member="Alwine Lechner"]
[member="Amarant deWinter"]
@Amaya Cardei
[member="Amelia von Sorenn"]
[member="Amethyst Atreides"]
[member="Amethyst Sovereign"]
[member="Anya Malvern"]
[member="Arabella Darkhold"]
[member="Ari Zanareth"]
[member="Arlox"]
[member="Aston Jacobs"]
[member="Aya Clarke"]
[member="Azmodan"]
[member="Bandit Six"]
[member="Caesar Kenway"]
[member="Callisa Asran"]
[member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"]
[member="Carith Thelcar"]
[member="Cerria Rene"]
[member="Chikako Liona"]
[member="Cim Salro"]
[member="Corvus Dravere"]
[member="Daisy Americus"]
[member="Damsy Callat"]
[member="Danger Arceneau"]
[member="Daniel Americus"]
[member="Dalton Kenway"]
[member="Darth Tacitus"]
[member="Darth Timorem"]
[member="Darth Novus"]
[member="Daxton Bane"]
[member="Destroyer 2873"]
[member="Dhakarta"]
[member="Dianah Vi'Dreya"]
[member="Drauchir"]
[member="Ecthelion Aiglos"]
[member="Efried Halbrecht"]
[member="Ella Nova"]
[member="Erin Tenel"]
[member="Evie Miramat"]
[member="Fawn Alzi"]
[member="Gerwald Lechner"]
[member="Gray Venasir"]
[member="Hajrah Marjanah"]
[member="Havoc (CT-375)"]
[member="Holt"]
[member="Ingrid L'lerim"]
[member="Isarn Apis"]
[member="Ithiel Vi'Dreya"]
[member="Jayce Pryde"]
[member="Jennifer Blanchard"]
[member="Jorco Czeku"]
[member="Jorge"]
[member="Josh Dragonsflame"]
[member="Jyoti Nooran"]
@Kalee Bladesworn
[member="Kaptan Americus"]
[member="Karlie Lynn Destat"]
[member="Kaross"]
[member="Kasca Fen"]
[member="Kathryn Foster"]
[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]
[member="Kayla Wylen"]
[member="Keva"]
[member="Kiff Brayde"]
[member="Kingsley"]
[member="Kip Ridel"]
[member="Krest"]
[member="Krystal Estain"]
[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]
[member="Kurenai Yumi"]
[member="Kwelin Orlov"]
[member="Kyber"]
[member="Kyrinov"]
[member="Lefwen Claskier"]
[member="Lemongrass"]
[member="Lirka Ka"]
[member="Luna Terrik"]
[member="Luna Vega"]
[member="Lyla Quinn"]
[member="Mallory Bash"]
[member="Maple Harte"]
[member="Marek Starchaser"]
[member="Maur"]
[member="Mauer"]
[member="Minerva Vessia"]
[member="Muad Dib"]
[member="Nine Lives"]
[member="Oax Ordo"]
[member="Orion Trex"]
[member="Osintrium"]
[member="Petra Cavataio"]
[member="Pom Stych Tivé"]
[member="Qaarssk Roark"]
[member="Razelle Breuner"]
[member="Riley Reese"]
[member="Roy Americus"]
[member="Rylan Kordel"]
[member="Samantha Jade"]
[member="Scherezade deWinter"]
[member="Shalita Vi'dreya"]
[member="Sola Marr"]
[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]
[member="Srina Talon"]
[member="Talon Rahl"]
[member="Taramaz Laurs"]
[member="Tex Americus"]
[member="Teyla Ee'everwest"]
[member="Thalira Kiing"]
[member="Tmoxin Temi"]
[member="Traveler"]
[member="Treiades Rhoujen"]
[member="Valencia Hadley"]
[member="Vanric Dannon"]
[member="Varick Lechner"]
[member="Veronika Fleischer"]
[member="VildarnTentoria"]
[member="Voph"]
[member="Vyra Silara"]
[member="Zhai'ellev"]
[member="Zorok Rane"]

Wh0dWgL.png
Reception Desk (Rejuvenex Building) :Location
Race To The Truth :Objective
[member="Jari Valnora"], Anyone :Tags

ml9bHIr.png

Tess walked down the hallway with the click-clack of her twp-inch heels, she wasn't much for parties, nor social gatherings, in fact she wasn't too fond of people in general. But she had been convinced to travel to Thyferra to take a break from her usual work. She wore a black form fitting knee-length dress that she had bought only for this occasion, along with a small black purse that she had slung over her left shoulder, and she planned on returning them as soon as she could, she preferred wearing her usual steel-toe black combat boots, black slacks and shot-sleeve shirt.

In fact she felt almost naked not carrying around her usual arsenal of weapons. Tess had forced herself to store them in her all expense paid for room and was only able to carry her shoto-saber in her purse, and her combat knife strapped to her inner thigh. She didn't care how safe a place claimed to be, something was always wrong, there was always danger somewhere, it just took the right eye to see it, the right mind to know it, and the right ear to hear it.

As she walked and thought about her surroundings she saw a man at the receptionist's desk, he appeared to be asking the young woman behind the counter something, and as Tess grew closer she could see that it was her twin brother Jari. It had been a year or two since she had seen him, charming looking as ever. She was curious as to what had brought him here.

Her click-clacking came to a stop as she paused across the room from the reception desk for a minute, Jari didn't seem to notice her or her raised eyebrow and crossed arms as he twisted this way and that, almost dancing across the desk. She could see he was trying to get something, probably information. Tess began crossing the room and heard the tale end of Jari's conversation with the receptionist. She decided to chime in to try to help her brother out, "Please excuse my interruption, but Dr. Valnora is a highly praised and respected doctor on Druckenwall. If Dr. Surah requested his presence at this esteemed facility it was for good reason. You shouldn't keep the good doctors waiting because of a minor calendar mishap." She placed her purse on the counter as she talked in a firm but gentle singsong voice to the woman behind the counter. She smiled at her brother then at the receptionist.

Áine

Á
U2WEI65.png

Wearing: [xxx] | [member=Kerstan Blackmoore]

It irked the assassin even more than she acknowledged what she felt to be a short coming. For as much as she loved, desired and lusted after Kerstan, it felt irritating that he found it so easy to read her. He did know her best. His hands hands had created her, they knew her intimately just as his mind did, but five hundred years was a long time to be apart. Áine had hoped that some part of her had gotten over the innate clarity she allowed him. 'You caused the glass to break.' Though the action never came, you could practically envision the hand she waved through the air to dismiss Kerstan's claim. Envy was rife in her bones, and though he saw right through her and she knew it, she wasn't ready to admit the words. Áine wasn't designed to belong to one man and one man alone, she liked to think that nobody held any claim over her because that was simply her way. Of course, none of that meant men couldn't belong to her, and if any did it was Kerstan. It would take a long while for her to admit she belonged to him as equally as he did to her, but what her words couldn't express her actions certainly did. 'If you had only asked, I would have given you riches untold. Without the need to be seen on the arm of such a distasteful woman.' She teased back, though by now she was far ahead arm in arm with her prey.

'I knew you would be interested. The moment I heard about the bacta I knew your curiosity would get the better of you. Though I do wonder what you want it for exactly? Personally, I feel you've gone above and beyond in the art of giving life. In fact, I'd go so far as to say you've perfected it.' The way she walked told enough about how she felt, the confident sway of her hips matching the boastful tone her voice invaded his mind in. Áine didn't grace the young scientist with a reply. Much like her creator she didn't find the lack of elevator use odd. The reason seemed obvious, and the fact that her prey lacked such foresight was mildly disappointing to the huntress. Why was it the smart ones always lacked the most common sense? 'It really is such a shame he's not something a little more impressive. Out of all the scientists we could have picked. And I've never hunted a scientist before...' You could practically hear the pout in her voice, though her face remained unchanged. The trio descended the staircase as quickly as their guides fumbling feet would allow, even then it seemed like a long way down. When they finally reached the thick metal door that lead into the lab Áine couldn't hold back the genuine curiosity that made a home on her milk white expression.

The laboratory itself was quite impressive, and it rather paled to the only thing she had to compare it too. Test tubes filled with strange viscous liquid sat proudly on benches. Paperwork filled with the hurried scrawlings of brilliant minds littered the empty spaces not filled with science equipment. Large enough to keep them busy for the better part of an hour, Áine decided to keep her arm slung loosely over their guides. Instincts screamed to chase the sweet release of a kill, but Kerstan was likely to have many questions. It was much better to keep the only person who could answer them alive, at least until they had eked out every piece of information they could. A flash of hot rage took her by surprise momentarily, almost the same instant she realised this was the first time she had ever willingly waited for someone's permission to kill. It went against everything she had ever known, and it brought back a sour taste of the argument that saw Kerstan abandon her in the first place. Back then she had refused to abide to his desire to control her, to have her all to himself. She questioned what had changed, what had made her so eager to see him have his way, but Áine couldn't think about that now. Not when the heavy brown eyes of her creator pulled her from the spiral of thoughts with a look that told her she needed to act.

Áine reacted quickly, and by the time he had parted the young scientist had parted his lips to decline, the huntress had pounced on her prey. Slender fingers curled around his forearm, her grip to delicate to pose a threat of any kind. Instead the action was comforting and partly to put his protest on pause. 'Kerstan is an incredible scientist, won't you please let him take a look?' She implored him as her perfectly painted nail traced a slow pattern across his forearm. 'If he figures out the problem we can't very well let Kerstan take the credit for it. That would get you into trouble. But someone will have to claim the glory, won't they?' For a moment the crimson haired woman paused to give the cogs in the young mans brain time to whirr. 'Can you imagine it?' Her voice dropped to a whisper that held a hint of tentative excitement. 'All that glory. All that praise for fixing a problem that's probably costing an untold amount of credits. I can imagine you've been waiting for the chance to prove your worth to everyone else.' Her lips shifted into a soft pout with her next words. 'I can see how much you want this. Take the chance.' To some it may have been cruel to toy with his emotions as such, but Áine thrived off it. She was built to be a merciless assassin, and she did so enjoy the subtly ruthless game she played with her prey.

The crimson haired woman paused, if only briefly, to draw in the scent that came from the young man in waves. Excitement, fear, nervousness. A pleasurable mixture of the three things she was so accustomed to seeing on her prey's face, so accustomed to feeling in the air around them like an electric energy. It left the atmosphere tasting sticky sweet, filled with anticipation only Áine could feel. Desire and lust were her weapons of choice and she treated them rather like siblings in their relationship. Lust came naturally to her and with most men it seemed lust was enough, but it was fickle. It waned and faltered as time went by. Desire on the other hand was relentless. The ability to pick out a persons desires in an instant had taken her many years to perfect, but it had proven an indispensable part of her hunt. Desire never paused, it was persistent in its chase for power and glory. She could see it written on his face. The brief taste of a rich and promising future she had offered him freely was reflected back in flush of his cheeks, the rapid pace of his heart, the tremble of his lip as he sought out the words to respond. To Áine, it was like a drug. White fabric shifted across her porcelain legs as she inched closer to her addiction.

The young scientist gulped, Áine could see his neck pulsing with each heavy breath he took. 'I-...' A charming smile brought her lips up into a soft curve. Close enough now that her gently whispered words could easily float into his ears, her honey sweet tone brought his gaze from Kerstan to her. 'Why don't you start by telling him what the problem is?' She asked, already making the slow and purposeful footsteps that would lead them to the table that captured Kerstan's attention. With his pallid grey eyes caught in the mesmerising emerald of her own, Áine had his full attention. He spoke without needing further prompting. 'Well, some of the subjects who trialled the samples over there, they sort of...' He paused, though not out of nervousness. He seemed to be searching for the right words to say. 'I guess you could say the effects of the bacta are temporary.' Áine's crimson brow furrowed in confusion, which seemed to put a smile on the young man's face. She had a way of making herself seem naive than she was, her confusion almost always came with a natural air of innocence. 'What I mean is eventually the cells that were regenerated died out again. Some took weeks, some took months, but they almost always turn necrotic again. Just before we discovered the version we're producing now we had reports of subjects turning into, for want of a better word, zombies.'

This time, the surprise and confusion on her face was almost as real as she projected it to be. By now the couple had reached the table. He was so invested in the story that had once again captured her attention, the young scientist pulled one of his arms from her grasp to pick up a vile of the sapphire liquid. He held one out for Áine to see, which she readily reached for with an enamoured gaze. He followed it with another, which he readily offered out to Kerstan without even taking his eyes off the porcelain woman. 'All the information we were given was the the subjects hearts stopped beating, but they remained animated, aggressive and with a taste for living flesh.' One of her eyebrows lofted in a brief moment of disbelief. 'You're kidding.' Eager to prove himself, the young blonde shook his head quickly and used his free hand to direct her attention toward a microscope buried beneath a wad of paper. 'Those are some of the first cells we tested with the earlier samples, before we moved on to live trials.'

With an almost despairing look in his eye, he broke entirely free of Áine's grasp, but his movements were purposeful. He shifted the microscope clear of the paper, brandishing the glass petri-dish placed perfectly for viewing. 'Take a look.' Partly to keep him intrigued, and partly because she genuinely didn't believe him, Áine rolled her eyes as she swayed over to the table. When she lent forward to peer down into the glass her graceful movements were followed by a quiet gasp of surprise. Cells that had once been crimson red appeared grey and lifeless, but their movements as they twitched and darted across the glass surface proved otherwise. If it weren't in front of her face Áine wouldn't have believed it, she hadn't believed it, but the reanimated husks of what once had been the very stuff of life was undeniable proof. Áine pulled away from the microscope, lips slightly parted in surprise and eyes full of fearful excitement. Instead of returning her gaze to the young scientist, she placed her emerald orbs on Kerstan. 'You should see this.'

Ydk7ezA.png
Objective: Party Like A Rockstar​
Tags: [member="Cathaoir Ordo"], [member="Daisy Americus"]​
ob1CS1k.png
Sitting at one of the multitude of tables the large muscular man named Oax sat finishing his tenth flagon of Tihaar, or was it his thirteenth? He couldn't keep track at this point, all the drinks were merging together. When he had arrived to the Great Hall and been told the drinks were on the house he had one complaint: the drinks weren't being poured fast enough. The large Mandalorian sat there, a giant smile on his face, the celebration was wonderful, the drinks were wonderful, and the rest and respite was amazing. Oax could get used to this kind of life, but he didn't want to, the battles he had fought in, the fighting, that was what drove him on, that and the booze. And like the Force that those religious Jedi like to talk about Oax couldn't have one without the other, an equal balance of war and whiskey. And right now was the time for whiskey.

Oax put his empty flagon down on the table he was at and stood up, maybe a little too quickly, as the room spun once before the blood rushed back into his head. "Right." he said aloud to nobody in particular. He then turned and made his way to the bar where he let his large hand drop onto its surface [next to Daisy, opposite of Cathaoir], "Barkeep, another Tihaar!" he said a little louder than he meant to. He was drunk, yes, but not gone, and he was pretty good at holding his alcohol too, but sometimes things just slip.

"Sorry son, like I just told the miss, we just ran out. Might I interest you with a Correllian Whiskey?" replied the man behind the bar.

"That won't due. I need something strong! How about Kri'gee? Or Ne'tra gal?" he replied upset that his drink of choice was gone. If choice two wasn't available then he would be forced to go with the genaric brand ale or beer, and that would put a big damper on the celebration. He turned around, corrected his floral shirt that he had jokingly decided to wear instead of his armor. The top two buttons were undone, only because when he drank the temperature in the room always tended to turn itself up, or maybe it was just him, Oax was unsure, but the area was already kinda warm to him.

Oax didn't get a good look at the two conversing next to him over something, with the ambient noise of people talking, cheering, clapping, and the overall excitement he couldn't quite make out what they were saying, and he didn't feel like bothering them as he was simply there for the alcohol.

Jari Valnora

J
U2WEI65.png
Weapons/Equipment: Dynetech Powerstaff (hidden), H-13 Slugthrower Pistol (hidden), Obsidian Squire
Objective: Race to the Truth
Tags: [member="Tess Valnora"] | Anyone else welcome

Jari hadn’t even noticed his sister as she approached, the pattering of her obnoxiously large heels fading into the melancholy drum of the facility’s environmental system which continued to pump fresh, crisp air into the receptionist forum. However, it wasn’t long before would announce herself so assertively to the world with a gesture aimed to reinforce his own claim to be here. As false as that claim was currently. Even so, he couldn’t help but to allow another smile to etch its way across his lips and a brief hearty chuckle to escape his diaphragm. “It seems my reputation precedes me.”

His comment was ushered toward the receptionist, but it didn’t stop him from casting a playful wink in his sibling’s direction. “It’s been too long, Tess. All the stars and moons must have aligned just right to give way to this encounter.” His words flowed through the Force and would no doubt fill the mind of his sister here. His decision to speak to her through the Force in this manner had been a calculated one, as he didn’t want to give this already pesky receptionist any further reason to believe he was not actually who he claimed he was. A moment later his focus returned to the receptionist, an expression of impatience slowly beginning to mark its presence upon his face. “I’m sure if you page Dr. Surah, all this confusion will sort itself out.”

She gave subtle disapproving shake of her head, a faint sign of frustration which didn’t escape Jari’s ever watchful eye, and then began entering a number of different commands into her terminal. For her, Jari had been enough, however with the woman’s arrival and interjection, it seemed her troubles may in fact be growing.

“One moment, Sir,” she said, not even giving the slightest shift in focus from her terminal toward him as she spoke. She completely disregarded Tess’ appearance here for the time being.

After a moment her focus shifted away from the terminal, her eyes carrying a hint of disappointment in them as the finally connected with his own. “I’m sorry, Sir, but it appears as though Dr. Surah has been placed into quarantine.” There was a bit of anxiousness in her voice as she spoke. “It’s likely simple protocol as Rejuvenex continually strives to make the perfect bacta and other restorative products. Unfortunately . . .” Her voice trailed away as an alert came across her terminal’s display. The kind of alert that seemed to terrify her to the point of disbelief. Her hand carried a tremble to it as she began to type in more commands to her terminal. “It . . . it seems as though there’s been an outbreak within the facility. I . . . I’m sorry to inform you, but . . . but we are on lock down now. No one is allowed to enter nor leave the building until the incident has been contained.”

Tears began to stream from her eyes and roll down her face. The fear boiling up within her almost palpable to Jari as he delved into the Force for a fuller answer for whatever it was that was going on.

“Miss?” He looked at her, simply trying to pull her attention and focus toward himself and not whatever calamitous situation which was wracking so much fear within her. “Miss, everything is going to be alright. Please, just focus on me and my voice; we will get through whatever this is.”

He turn shot toward Tess, simply trying to gaze her reaction to whatever was going on here. See if maybe she had been able to pick up on whatever it was that had driven this receptionist to utter terror in her dreery state of anguish. “Tess! See what you can find out. There’s got to be more to this than a simple lockdown.”

As he finished, his attention again returned to the receptionist. “Ma’am . . . if you tell me what’s going on, I might be able to help.”

VzaK6a0.png
Objective: Party Like a Rockstar​
Tags: [member="Cathaoir Ordo"] | [member="Oax Ordo"] | Anyone Else​

Daisy blinked. Her little nose wrinkled. There it was again. The Force. Doing that thing it did, creepin along when it wasn’t asked for, while it pulled her attention this way and that. She could feel two little lights in her minds eye that stood out like fireflies against the night sky. Holding on to the bar top she leaned back a little bit so that she could look around the room. It took her a moment, but eventually, she spotted [member="Scherezade deWinter"] and [member="Kaden Farr"].

. . . Together?

The golden-haired woman raised her hand and gave both of them a wave, fingers wiggling, while her smile bloomed with wattage that rivaled the sun. They were both her friends, though, she hadn’t realized either one actually knew the other very well. She was glad to see Scherezade talking to someone. Anyone, really, that wasn’t [member="Gerwald Lechner"]. She still owed that douche nozzle the arse-kicking of a lifetime. Daisy, sweet as sugar, would plant that wolfie furball flat on his hairy shebs.

Not to be rude, she turned back to the Mandalorian beside her [[member="Cathaoir Ordo"]], and leaned an elbow on the bar to listen. His voice was gruff, deep, and slid with the confidence of a warrior. Daisy worked in the Sierra Blanca on Haseria as a bartender and that experience meant that knew a fighter, and a counterfeit smile, almost better than she knew herself. For now, she pretended not to notice. When he mentioned tihaar she groaned softly, sadly.

“That’s what ah wanted. They don’t have it…”, she almost whined, but, somehow managed to tuck it back. If she was going to get hammered, she wanted to do it with a familiar friend. A friend named Tihaar. The stranger asked her what kind of night she planned to have and the young woman smiled. Unlike his, it was bright, true, and honest. “A good night, ah reckon.”

“Not so good that ah don’t remember it…But maybe the kind where ah’m okay with feelin’ reckless.”

A man not far off asked for another tihaar and Daisy turned to look at him. He was wearing a floral shirt, and apparently, had embraced the spirit of a party with empty glasses all over his table. So, it was his fault they were out of her favorite drink. Daisy gave him a little bit of a stink eye, but, refrained from throwing the paper towel dispenser at his head. That would have been childish.

Childish, but oh, so tempting. Jerk-face.

The young woman sighed after a moment and eventually told the bartender that she would just have what “he”, the man beside her, was having. If it was good enough for him it ought to be good enough for her, assuming, it didn’t have the consistency of water. “My name is Daisy. Ah haven’t seen you round Confederate shindigs before…Are you new to the area?”

Hearing that the other guy [[member="Oax Ordo"]] had asked for Ne’tra gal Daisy perked up. She pointed at the man, then back at the barkeep, “If the tihaar-hog gets black ale ah want one too!”

Right about then some speaker-man walked up to the stage to thank everyone for coming, yadda yadda, but it was a shrill scream in the distance that caught her attention. It wasn’t the kind of shriek that someone gave for fun. Or happiness. It was the kind of sound where the screamer was terrified. Out of their mind, horrified, and a hundred and fifty percent not okay. Daisy tensed.

"Don't sample the Bacta... Quarantine the main hall. Put the Facility on lock down!"
Daisy stood up from the stool and craned her head around to see over other patrons. She couldn’t quite see the scientists, but she could hear snarling, and a keening cry that sounded like a pig with something stuck in its throat. “What the blazes?”, she muttered, her lips pursing, while she hesitantly reached for her handbag. Where her slugthrower was. She didn’t like the sounds of quarantine anymore than she liked the scream she’d heard before.

Blue-green eyes settled on a scientist that was shuffled by. He was bleeding pretty bad, but, he was being taken care of. Had the other one up there…bit…him?

“Rich people and eating their bath salts... They’re such a hot mess.”

Hopefully, that was it. Just crazy wealthy nerds having a disagreement?

U2WEI65.png
Objective: Race to the Truth - Security [Main Hall]
Tags: [member="Madalena Antares"] + [OPEN]​

Naedira felt…Adrift. All the time that she’d spent with [member="Alkor Centaris"] had apparently spoiled her for single-player ops. He drove her crazy. He was blunt, humorless, and lived to take her words and opinion out of context. He was an Ex-Mandalorian, with so few social skills, he made bargain basement droids look human. She was still angry at him for not sharing that he couldn’t get intoxicated before having a drinking game with her that had gotten way out of control…

She still didn’t remember how she’d gotten back to her rooms that night. But, she did remember the new Knight Commander walking away in a prissy-girl huff.

All that being said…She found that she actually missed him. He was strong. His connection to the Force was strange, to her senses, but that didn’t make him any less effective. For all of his failings, at least, she knew he always had her back in the field. Even if he didn’t agree with her, for example, in aiding a small child on Arkam 13—He hadn’t agreed at all. But, he’d still had her back.

Sure, footing took her to the Southern Sector swift enough. She kept calling in updates, but mostly, it was just notifications that everything was all clear. While she occasionally expected a partner to be assigned that usually happened before the mission began. When the female Knight Commander, [member="Madalena Antares"], caught her just inside the Southern entryway, she was caught a little off guard. Chestnut eyes were hidden by lavender lids, briefly, while she blinked before she nodded her head dutifully. “Certainly, Knight Commander.”

Her smile was warm. Naedira did her best to return it, but, her thoughts were elsewhere. Distracted. She didn’t let it pull at her so much that she ignored her surroundings, and swiftly, stepped to the side when a family from Xozhixi City came barreling through. The younglings were squealing, chasing each other with squirt guns, while the mother tried to wrangle them. Nae wished her luck. It was a bright, beautiful day. Any kid worth their salt would play hard until they passed out.

They made their way through the area, walking the perimeter, while taking note of events and people in the center of the area. For the most part everything seemed fine. Normal, even.

Perhaps too normal?

“How if the life of a Commander treating you? Well, I hope?”

Small talk had never been her strong suit when she didn’t know someone, though, she knew general pleasantries. Being a child of Naboo meant that some things in her being were deeply ingrained. She could handle public speaking and political nightmares with ease. It just didn’t mean that she enjoyed it. Her true talents lay in rending her enemies asunder in the blink of an eye. “Centaris…I bet he’s loving the paperwork.”

Not. If anyone loathed paperwork and being a glorified desk jockey? It was that guy.

A sudden scream cut through the air, from the Main Gathering Hall, and her comms immediately flared to life with information on the incident. She didn’t have to repeat anything to Commander Antares because she likely got the updates too, but, she did start heading back toward the hall.

Quarantine?

Quarantine??

Something was seriously wrong if they were closing off the facility. “We should see what’s going on.”, she murmured, feeling her stomach twist, but not with fear. It was a warning. Something bad was about to happen. The Force was ringing bells of caution louder than anything she’d ever heard in her head. She knew, something was off. Wrong. Naedira just couldn’t put her finger on exactly what yet.

Once at the Main Gathering Hall Naedira made a straight line toward one of the scientists that was being held down, and or, escorted from the area by others. “What happened to this man?”

Another scientist was hurt. Currently, being treated. “Status report. Now. What’s the lock-down for?”

Looking at the injured scientist’s arm, she blinked, when she realized there were teeth marks. Several medics were patching him up.

“Commander...He’s been bitten.”

VzaK6a0.png
w. [member="Daisy Americus"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"] | [member="Cathaoir Ordo"] | [member="Oax Ordo"] | wearing: xxx
Scherezade's reaction was not what Kaden had been expecting at all. It seemed she was more okay with him liking Daisy than he had thought she would be. Everyone thus far seemed to be more concerned about the identity of his former wife than the fact he had been dead. To her credit, Scherezade had the most unique perspective among them all to this point. Was he still married to Yasha? "Not in our culture no. Death is the end. She doesn't even know I am alive again as far as I know." It was the short answer, but it was also true. "Besides from what I hear she has married other since my death. I told her before I died that I would not be party to multiple partners in what was supposed to be ours. Why do you think I would try going after Daisy if I were married?"

The question was pointed, and insinuated he was slightly insulted at the potential accusation behind the statement. Kaden almost rolled his eyes, but then caught sight of the blonde herself waving at them. He nudged Scherezade before waving to Daisy. The blonde beauty was going to hate it, but Kaden dropped his thoughts into her mind for a quick greeting. "Hey you," his thoughts came with a happy and pleased tone. "Got your message so thought I'd try it out... look at me being social..." Of course Scherezade was her friend, and still somewhat a safety net for Kaden, but it was the first time he had reached out to befriend anyone outside of Daisy. That was what he was doing right, trying to befriend Daisy's friend.

His eyes flitted to the other men with her, all of them seeming to be under appreciative of the alcohol the bar had to offer. Kaden wasn't sure of anything on the menu that would truly satisfy the gullet of any Mandalorian under the Confederacy banner. It was that thought which reminded him of the question Scherezade had asked. Turning back to his companion for the party, Kaden nodded.

"I have no love for those who abandoned me. Everyone of them left me for dead, and after finding my way back to them, I find my own wife had turned against me. Do you know what that that kind of deep rejection feels like? I have no intention of returning to them, and I have no intention of hurting your friend."

Kaden looked at Scherezade before his eyes moved to where Daisy was. He did not mean to up and leave Scherezade, but hopefully his look to her was enough for the woman to understand they needed to stick with their friend. Daisy did not need his help, but Kaden felt oddly protective of her in a way that he never felt for anyone else. His feet carried himself in her direction as he surveyed what just happened. Daisy was the medic anyway. Kaden had one question. for her.

"Daisy, any reason why a scientist getting bit would put the entire facility on lockdown? We are being quarantined, that means we've been exposed to something yeah?"

Kaden nodded to the other two men near by. He was not going to be rude, but now didn't seem time for an introduction.

Kerstan Blackmoore

K
Ydk7ezA.png
[ wearing: xxx | w. [member="Áine"] ]​
Kerstan did not want to argue with the fiery woman. He simply sighed and nodded as her retort came back to his mind. Could he have asked? The nature of their relationship was something in flux as Kerstan did not know what to make of it. He was her creator, and yet he abandoned her. She hated him for it, and yet they had been intimate. The pair seemed to be a walking contradiction. Perhaps it was more simple for the woman, and perhaps Kerstan should have known Áine would have given him the wealth he needed for the project he was working on, but the reasons for his assumptions were painted with 500 years of absence and history they were still working through despite the fact they had forgiven each other to a certain extent of the word.

“I will remember for next time. I am used to being the one to give you things...” Kerstan simply replied to her mind. “And she was rather base and homely wasn’t she. I should have thanked you for rescuing me from such an ill devised plan.” Though the plan had been solid and would not have required anything that Áine would have to be jealous of. His own degree of envy was strong as he watched her on the arms of other men. Kerstan did not want to possess her as his thing, but rather his mind was that there was a part of her that would always be his to claim. The sentiment did not come without the same offer on his own part. In the 29 years they had spent together, Áine had managed to steal a part of who he was, a piece of him that no one else could ever lay claim to. It was an odd feeling, something Kerstan did not understand.

It seemed he was rather predictable where Áine was concerned. She knew he would be there the moment she heard of what was taking place with the sample. How she had heard, or how Kerstan had gotten such information, was neither here nor there. Both of them had their own methods and resources which gave them both just enough knowledge to be dangerous. His eyes dipped below her waist as she swayed her hips with the intention of making her point about perfection. Kerstan only smiled as he imagined the many diverse ways he could demonstrate just how much he appreciated the perfection before him. His mind pressed those images into her own as he answered the question regarding his motives. “That is because this time I am not trying to perfect the giving of life, my dearest Áine. I wish to perfect the taking of it.”

The answer was strong enough to stand on its own, yet subtle enough to hint at more. Kerstan would see just how perceptive his creation truly was, or if she was out of practice in discerning a man’s secrets. She had been forced to practice manipulation on minds that were immune to her chemicals before they parted ways, had she continued to sharpen that particular skill? Her complaint about the scientist was shared. He was particularly daft it seemed, and the Sith Lord was slightly impatient when it came to dealing with people he knew were not as intelligent as he was. “You will have a more intelligent mark next time, I promise.” Yes, there would be a next time. Kerstan already enjoyed watching Áine work, though he was going to have to work on calling the shots all the time. The moment the command came from his mouth, he knew, and he remembered. His eyes looked to find hers with as much an apology the cold hearted man could muster.

It did not take the young man much convincing to allow Kerstan to look at the research, to which he did not wait any moment to access. A data stick was slotted into the terminal as Kerstan began to download everything vital to the project to it. His eyes scanned the work, looked at the formula. A puzzled look crossed his face when he saw it. Looking up to find Áine as the doctor began to explain what was happening with the human testing. Kerstan scratched his head as he looked over the data set again. The more he listened to the scientist the more confounding the solution became. It was not because they had stumbled on some magical science, but it was because of a mistake. A mistake?

Áine pulled Kerstan’s thoughts away from the question he almost asked out loud. The astonishment in her voice as she looked at what the cells were doing made him smile. If that brought a sense of wonderment to her, then what Kerstan planned on doing with it all would send her over the edge. His creation had seen something knew, and the look on her face reminded him of all the first he had led her through when she had first woken up. He was particularly fond of the moment she saw her bedroom for the first time. “I have always loved that look, the one you have on your face right now,” he said to her mind as he moved over to look at what she indicated. “Some of the innocence remains after all.”

A twisted grin pulled at his lips as Kerstan watched some of the early samples. A few hmm’s and umm’s came from his lips as he led the scientist on to believing that it was truly amazing. Which it was. Kerstan was impressed, though still unsure if the sample would overtake any other cells he could produce. “And it did this with every round of testing? Every kind of cell was overtaken?”

The scientist nodded. “Everything, we thought we could contain it, but as you can see. I can assure you none of the samples above are tainted. We made sure everything was safe.”

Kerstan motioned for the young thing to follow him. His finger pointed out the formula as it was listed in the notes. “It’s a math error, a simple math error. Too much of this, and not enough of that, and no one on your team thought to check the base formula or the assumptions?” Kerstan rubbed his temples as he muttered something about how dumb these researchers had been in their haste to crack the new code. “Well have you developed a cure yet? Is there an antidote?” Kerstan looked to Áine once more. Maybe she could get it out of him easier. If there was not, Áine would see another first, Kerstan hard at work creating one. If he was going to use this in his experiments he needed to know he could reverse it.

PUhbO5X.png
Objective: BYOO – Follow Orders
Wearing: Infiltrator armor
Tags: [member="Adron Malvern"], (Tagged for vicinity of incoming Miraluka) [member="Áine"], [member="Kerstan Blackmoore"]
Mental state: Chatty
Location: proceeding toward main laboratory; or wherever the complete formula might be
Post #: 2

8wDTtQq.png

While she expected the verbal communication to come quickly from her master, whom she knew for a fact was somewhere upstairs, she wasn’t entirely surprised to see the orders coming in text form from the man. Her comm beeped loudly, sending echos through and down the hallway, reverberating and only adding to that unceasing feeling that was creeping it’s way through her body. The miraluka took a moment to sit with the feeling, letting it dwell in her, before dismissing it and looking to her comm.

The orders seemed simple enough, something that even Xobos couldn’t mess up. Find an experimental early version of the formula, one that was rumored to be more potent than the one they were currently showing off to the CIS. It would be located somewhere near the main laboratory, perhaps even on the lead scientists holocomputer. It even came with the typical, fail and die, warning at the end. But that wasn’t the interesting part of the message. No, that was happened to be the part that came after the warning. If she was to complete the mission given to her by her master before anyone else was able to, then he promised to help her dig into her mind and find something.

Almost as soon as those words had passed through her mind, Ambrus spoke up, clowding the words, and speaking in such a loud voice that it honestly hurt her mind, blurred her vision, a reaction that had not happened in months. “This man cannot fix whatever is wrong with you. We, all of us, know what you really are deep down. Broken beyond repair. Aren’t you, little master?” Her fists clenched, tightly, her frustration evident. However, she did not dignify the voice with an answer. Instead, Xobos placed the comm unit back on her waist, next to the ultimate symbol of just how far she had come these past few months, her double bladed lightsaber, then proceeded toward where she knew the nearest set of stairs would be.

There were others, already, in this building. Xobos could feel them now, much more scared, nervous, and frightened of something. Whatever it might be, it didn’t concern the woman. There would be others that be near the area she needed to be in, and perhaps that was where all of the fear was originating from. Had something gone wrong in the laboratory? Was it something she needed to be concerned over? Could she even find the formula without anyone noticing?

These were questions for another time, now, as the woman pushed open the door to the stairwell, red lights flashing on and off every few seconds, was a time of action, and a time of importance. Adron was cruel, but the man would not have said, offered something like that without there being a basis of suspicion that he would find something. That was enough to create a laser like focus for Xobos in this mission. It would be completed, whether or not she had to spill blood to complete it.

8wDTtQq.png

U2WEI65.png
Wearing: Obsidian Strike Armor
Wielding: Dyntech Power Staff | Yrkaa Sidearm
Tags: [member="Naedira Darcrath"] | [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"] | + Feel free to join!

Bcj802.png
Knight Commander Madalena Antares.

Madalena gave a single soft breath. She could feel him in the building; the one who had been her Dominus before he became her friend, been her friend before he became her other half and she his Yua. Much as she wished for his presence more often than she'd ever admit to anyone but him, she could not quite understand what he was doing here now. He was not one who enjoyed parties, and he was not part of the security detailing. She hoped it was not a ridiculous time wasting mission he had been given by his brother for a penance he should never even had to do in the first place.

Looking to Executor Darcrath, Madalena noticed the slight distraction, but saw no reason to make a comment out of it. She remembered who it was Darcrath had been around when Madalena was walking around in Scherezade's body, and more than a few people had been slightly taken off balance as Madalena suddenly had a different appearance than what she previously had. And perhaps, Darcrath's distraction was not about either of these things at all – she certainly had her own life to handle. As long as it would not change anything about her duties that day, Madalena still saw no reason to comment on it.

The two moved aside for the family, and Madalena let a chuckle out before she and Darcrath continued their patrolling, moving from point to point. There wasn't much to report on – everything seemed normal. It was just another big party for the Confederacy while some of the Confederates were working. As per usual.

And then Executor Darcrath asked a question. Madalena nodded. "It's everything I imagined it would be when I was told about the promotion," she smiled, "I'm still jumping into missions left and right. I'm still leading the Knights. But now I have the backing and more responsibility from the Confederacy. The only thing I miss about how it used to be was the former Dominus. But Dominus Talon is a fine man – I have every faith he will grow into the position and serve the Knights Obsidian to the best of their needs and his abilities."

A diplomatic answer if any. She'd had a mouthful to say when the man was put in the position, but she would not shame him in front of her peers or those that answered to him. Especially not when it was a matter of opinion and the man had truly done nothing wrong.

"What of you, Executor Darcrath?" she asked, "You have been with the Knights for a long time now. Do you asked for security duty or is it something you find yourself assigned to without an input on your end?"

Because Madalena had made a point of knowing who her Knights were, even if they weren't exactly hers. Even as a Pathfinder, she'd made it her to job to know the most she could about them, where their strengths and weaknesses lay, what they wanted. Some talked easier than others. As far as she was aware, the majority of those she had taken of missions were satisfied. A few were dead. All part of life. But she knew Darcratch's record – had mission'd with her several times. Someone like this Executor shouldn't have to keep on doing guard duty, not unless there was a specific reason. Madalena thought Executor Darcrath had a bright future. One did she not want to see be squandered on mundane tasks.

And then the alarms went blaring. Madalena squinted. Her mouth opened to let orders out – and she closed it right back, almost immediately. Knight Darcrath had the right of it, and the two Knights hurried to the Main Gathering Hall. Within moments, Madalena saw the bites. The content of the warning repeated in her mind.

"Bites, no bacta," she murmured. Something about the entire situation felt familiar. Too familiar. Instantly, Madalena's sidearm was out. "Do not get near him or the others," she ordered her fellow Knight, keeping her voice calm. Too calm.

Looking at one of the scientists, Madalena's firearm was immediately aimed at between his eyes. "We were here to celebrate bacta. Now you tell us to not consume it while your scientists are injured, probably dying. Quarantine. What form of virus have you unleashed and what does it do?!" she removed the safety, "Speak. Now!"

VzaK6a0.png
Tags: [member="Kaden Farr"] [member="Daisy Americus"] [member="Cathaoir Ordo"] [member="Oax Ordo"]

x7K6md.png
Scherezade raised a hand at Kaden's first string of words. "What I think about what you would or wouldn't do is almost entirely irrelevant," she commented, "I don't know you yet. I'm getting to know you. And I've met more than enough people who'd go after a woman even if they were wrapped with another one. Especially when the woman on the side is as pretty as Daisy is."

She was trying to keep the bitterness out of her voice. Her utter best. Because she had been in that situation on her own, and she would do anything, anything to make sure those she cared about did not have to go through anything similar. Daisy might be sad if Scherezade killed Kaden. But she would not be heartbroken because Kaden was still involved with his apparently ex wife while doing her. Scherezade would take on the damage, the hate, all of it, if it meant protecting her friend like that. But, there wasn't an actual need to – Kaden said he was no longer with her, that they were no longer married, and Scherezade could not detect a hint of a lie in his words as she tasted them through the Force.

"I know all about being abandoned," she said quietly, looking away. "Rejection. Humiliation. All of it."

Catching Kaden as he looked to Daisy, it didn't take a genious to figure out he was trying to communicate with her. The look on his face said it all. But she couldn't help but wonder if he knew how much Daisy hated being talked to through telepathy, called it FOrcie-mumbo-jumbo and all of that. It brought a little smile to Scherezade's face.

"She's on my kill list," Scherezade said idly, taking a sip from her drink, "The Mandalore, not Daisy," she quickly added to make sure there were no misunderstandings, "We could always team up to cut her head off her shoulders if you're interested." There. The offer was made.

Her eyes quickly glanced up though as the warning was broadcast. Scherezade facepalmed hard enough for the slap sound of it to be heard over the booming voice. Of course. She was finally actually talking to someone at a party, and it was to be interrupted because what could've gone wrong – went absolutely wrong. And naturally, an instant later Kaden was up and running over to Daisy.

Sighing, she rose from her chair and made to follow. Although Daisy was surrounded by two other men, the situation made Scherezade feel like a fifth wheel. She probably was. But, she had weapons on her body. The others… Maybe they did, maybe they did not.

"If he got bitten, then whatever it is, is not airborne," she pointed out, "so as long as we don't get bit, and don't eat bacta, we should be okay. In other words, kill anything in sight?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom