Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rank Titles Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

As a Sith Apprentice, I am neither Acolyte nor Knight, but there is no Rank Title for apprentices... I believe that there are others who have encountered this minor obstruction, but once again this is MINOR. Either way, is there a way to fix this?

Thank you!

[member="Kao Xusros"]

Good question!

Force Rank and alignment used to be mandatory tags for Force Users, but is no longer. Because of that old convention, Force Ranks were divided into threes for all alignments: Acolyte/Padawan, Knight/Knight, Lord/Master. Acolyte was preferred over Apprentice as not all low-level Sith are apprentices, but all apprentices can be called acolytes. Thus it was all balanced. Our current three ranks are something of a remnant from these days, kept for order's sake.

There was simply no reason to have a specific Sith Apprentice tag.

I suppose it can be changed by asking site Staff nicely to add one either now or when they re-do tags in 2019.

Or just use the Acolyte tag and call yourself an apprentice

Darth Vyrassu

Immortal Jen'ari Sith Emperor
[member="Kaalia Pavanos"]
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
[member="Darth Ophidia"]
[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

As I explained to you [member="Kao Xusros"] Chaos board Admins DO NOT recognize the TJE Ranks, yes to use Acolyte and Apprentice ARE NOT the same thing, in TJE they are 2 complete separate ranks, but on chaos it don't matter what our ranks are. I've been through this rodeo with Admins in the past and I was politely told to F off and if I don't like what they have set for rank bars Tough sh--. So I will make an apprentice rank for your signature cuz that's the best you'll ever get, sorry

Darth Vyrassu said:
[member="Kaalia Pavanos"]
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
[member="Darth Ophidia"]
[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

As I explained to you [member="Kao Xusros"] Chaos board Admins DO NOT recognize the TJE Ranks, yes to use Acolyte and Apprentice ARE NOT the same thing, in TJE they are 2 complete separate ranks, but on chaos it don't matter what our ranks are. I've been through this rodeo with Admins in the past and I was politely told to F off and if I don't like what they have set for rank bars Tough sh--. So I will make an apprentice rank for your signature cuz that's the best you'll ever get, sorry
As [member="Darth Ophidia"] mentioned, we do rank title contests every year. If a set of Sith rank titles get submitted which garners enough support from the membership and from staff (as in, it looks good enough to replace the current set and beats out the competition), it will replace the current set we currently have. If you are unhappy with the fact that there's not an apprentice tag for Sith, and would prefer it rather than an Acolyte tag, then I would suggest you stop airing your dirty laundry and posting needlessly with pointless self-censoring and use your image-editing skills to make your own set of tags and submit them when the time comes for 2019's rank title contest rather than posting a non-answer to a question in a subforum specifically designated for actual answers to be given to questions.

As Valiens Nantaris has already answered, Acolyte and Apprentice literally mean the same thing. Chaos operates on a three-tier force user ranking, and each force user is required to display the rank title that corresponds to this ranking system under their avatar as spelled out by the rules.

[member="Kao Xusros"], as Vyrassu has more or less implied, you can add a custom rank title to your signature (or change your character title in your account settings, the text that displays directly above your avatar and below your account/character name) if a rank title you want to display is not included in the site's provided rank titles. Otherwise you can submit your own rank titles in the aforementioned yearly rank title contest, or ask someone else to try to do so for you if you know someone else that does rank titles better or has one you like. As there currently is not one with the specific verbage of "Sith Apprentice" I would personally suggest just adding one to your signature or using the neutral Apprentice rank title (it just says Apprentice, so it's essentially exactly what you want).

Darth Vyrassu

Immortal Jen'ari Sith Emperor
In our faction, Acolyte and Apprentice ARE NOT the same thing, that's why he was asking, and next time, be nicer, I was only speaking truth about the rank tags when I spoke to an admin about it. So chill the hell out

[member="Darth Vyrassu"] So let me get this straight, you've been on the site for two years, know the three tier system, know that apprentice and acolyte mean the same thing as far as Chaos is concerned, decide not to recognize it with a faction that popped up 2 burps ago, send your newer members to ask about this as though this is new and/or unexpected, and you expect to get... Something different than a f-off?

Everyone replied with proper respect, language, and courtesy. There was no need to come bursting through that open door.

Now if you're done abusing using a new member to gain negative attention to your faction, we're pretty much done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom