Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rains of Castameer (Ground Battle) Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Big Battalions Cometh!

As part of the Event there will be a large ground battle set on Castameer. There large forces will be attempting to attack a formidable Sith base to either capture or destroy the tech contained within.

The map is not yet complete, but in basic it will be set with the Sith base in the centre, and factions entering the map around the edges in order to attack. The goal is to destroy enemy forces, other enemy major factions and to move troops into the Sith facility.
To prevent the facility being simply bombed from afar it has an energy shield which must be disabled before it is vulnerable to artillery or air attack.

Personal involvement of individuals is allowed, but not advised. This is an NPC battle first and foremost where strategy and story rules.

We want this battle to be epic so a simple points system has been implemented.

Base Cost Per Individual:
Infantry – 1 point
APCs/IFVs/AA – 5 points
Tanks/Artillery – 10 points
Fighters/Bombers/Gunships – 15 points

This is multiplied by:
Quality:
E Quality – 0.5
D Quality – 0.75
C Quality – 1
B Quality – 2
A Quality – 3

Production/Rarity:
Common/Mass Production – 1
Uncommon/Minor Production – 1.5
Rare/Limited – 2
Unique/Semi-Unique – 2.5

Some examples:
An A quality unique unit soldier costs 7.5 points each. A rare C quality tank costs 20 points. A unique D quality soldier costs 1.25 each.

Note:
You may select units of any equipment/vehicles approve by the factory. If they are not submitted to the Codex they count as C quality. The only way to get other qualities is to have them approved as units in the Codex.
For infantry equipment choose the production value which is the most rare for their weapons, armour or special equipment like jump packs etc.

Selection:

Units must be selected in company strength units. This is usually between 80 and 150 infantry and 8-15 vehicles. The maximum allowable is 250 infantry/25 vehicles. Motorised infantry must pay for themselves and their transport. Aircraft are selected in squadrons and make attack runs over the battlefield.
Once selected, company units must stay together in a single hex. Large units may not be desirable as they present a larger target and allow less flexibility.

Major Factions will have 2,500 points per writer to spend.
Minor Factions and Corporations have 500 points per writer to spend.

Movement rules will be the only stats required to be followed. As with fleeting, damage is determined by the defending player. Taking fair casualties from other writers and the NPCs is vital.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

I think you need to look at unit strength in addition to what you're doing here. There's going to be a big difference between a squad, company, and battalion level of strength.

For example... Lets look at the Clan Dem'adas Myrkava Armored Company. 80-140 (A-Rank) Mandalorian Marines geared up for combat as only Mandalorians do, plus 09-15 Beskar Plated Tanks. Using the existing rules, you're looking at around 60 points total for all that and you're giving each writer (major factions anyway) 2,500 points to work with.

I'd suggest... a 1x modifier for Squads, a 2x modifier for Platoons, a 6x modifier for Companies, and a 30x modifier for Battalions.

[member="Olivia Dem'adas"]
The points are per person and per vehicle

That is a whole metric ton more.

Since they're not quality rated they'd come to 280 points for the infantry plus 300 for the vehicles.

So that's 20% of your army in one unit.

Valiens Nantaris said:
[member="Olivia Dem'adas"]
The points are per person and per vehicle

That is a whole metric ton more.

Since they're not quality rated they'd come to 280 points for the infantry plus 300 for the vehicles.

So that's 20% of your army in one unit.
Oh nice. I missed that part somehow. Yeah, per person and per vehicle scales this down nicely.

Character: Olivia Dem'adas; Alor of Clan Dem'adas
Faction: Mandalorian Clans
Battalion: Clan Dem'adas Armored Marine Battalion 2,499 points
Unit One: Myrkava Armored Company 999 points
  • Personnel: 68 Mandalorian Marines (A-Rank, Uncommon) -0 points / Crew
  • Personnel: 22 Mandalorian Marines (A-Rank, Uncommon) 99 points
  • Vehicles: 15 Myrkava Main Battle Tank (A-Rank, Rare) 900 points
  1. 1x Command Squadron (1x Myrkava-C +2 Marines, 2x Myrkava-M +1 Marine)
  2. 1x Urban Squadron (3x Myrkava-U +6 Marines)
  3. 3x Myrkava Squadron (3x Myrkava)
Unit Two: Medium Armored Company 750 points
  • Personnel: 75 Mandalorian Marines (A-Rank, Uncommon) -0 points / Crew
  • Vehicles: 25 Reliant 10-8 Medium Tank (B-Rank, Uncommon) 750 points
  1. 5x Reliant Squadron (5x Reliant)
Unit Three: Medium Armored Company 750 points
  • Personnel: 75 Mandalorian Marines (A-Rank, Uncommon) -0 points / Crew
  • Vehicles: 25 Reliant 10-8 Medium Tank (B-Rank, Uncommon) 750 points
  1. 5x Reliant Squadron (5x Reliant)

I'm going to go ahead and sign up for this. A quick note though... You said that Motorized Infantry must pay for the Infantry and for the Vehicles. I take it that the crew of the vehicles are factored into the cost of various vehicles but that passengers must be paid for separately?

I would like to sign up for this but have a quick question before I do. What is the last day we have to get an NPC unit sub approved before they are no longer allowed? I have been meaning to get some up for some time now and this is the encouragement I need.

[member="Ajira Cardei"] [member="Triam Akovin"] [member="Xalus"] [member="Rylan Thatcher"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Ali Hadrix"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Gray Raxis"]

Please reiterate the faction's troops you are using for this battle. Individuals by themselves are not allowed to take part; the DM thread is more suitable for this. You are here to lead an army so whilst you may take personal part you must be leading troops.

Thanks to [member="Korro Kenyu"] for compiling this list.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

Representing the T3 corporation Ke'dem, a portion of Team Nadd.

4 Vornskr APCs, Unique, Quality A = 150 points
40 infantry, Unique, Quality A = 300 points
Total: 450 points

If possible, I'd like to include 100 generic Quality E rabble, for a total of 500 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom