Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Quittin Time (SJO CIS GA OPA and friendlies welcome)

As one of the ranking Jedi Master of… Jedi, he had a certain vibe and aesthetic he needed to uphold. Sure, he was Coren Starchaser of the Alliance in Exile, and that caused him his fair share of history. He would do what he could to keep the Silvers in line, but he was only here recently. He wasn’t sure many even were aware he had been here. It was a skill, keeping himself hidden, especially since he didn’t want to bring Sith down on the Silvers.

A Nightsister, that was something else. Nightmother, even more. “A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Vytal.” He would nod as he gave her another look over. He didn’t recall her from the holos of friends and foes within the CIS. Granted, that line had been obscured during the Shadow Fall campaign on Coruscant. He was more used to venturing between worlds as of late, but would nod when she brought up Kashyyyk.

“It is a wonderful world for some of the remedial learning of the Force. A strong connection to the natural world.” Grinning, he took a sip of his drink. “But it is something that all of us who call upon the Force do respect.” To their own degrees. “But this gives us a way to watch the Core…” And be closer to the Sith.

Was he of this Order? “Once upon a time, then the wars against the Sith happened. I’m a student of the Force, a Sentinel of the Jedi, but lately? I think there is much I can learn from the Silvers. So, I’ve been settling myself here lately.” A nod.

Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

The Witch regarded the man as he spoke, interested in hearing his thoughts on matters. "Not all that call upon the Force respect the Natural world," Vytal countered, "but the Jedi often do. I respect such Orders in recognizing that while a thriving world does not directly bolster one's raw strength, it provides the base of total power in the galaxy. Without it, there would only be a void bereft of life itself."

There was things of the Jedi and Sith philosophies -- both ancient and modern -- which Vytal appreciated. Of course she'd not berate either for their beliefs, though she might show them there was a third path they could walk. Not a 'gray' one, merely a third that combined elements of both.

As for the Core... Well, the Jedi were of a mind of such things. Protectors, guardians, and watchers of the Living. Often swept into the politics of the galaxy with some consumed by the rigors of combat that came with such things. It was easy enough to do... to "Fall" as they called it. Darkness had a certain allure to it; an inherent temptation, but through it would only result in suffering and death. Unless you knew how to control it by controlling yourself. It was easier to say, less easy to do.

"The Silvers and the Confederacy do not always see eye to eye," which might be putting it as gently as one could. Some believed the Confederacy to be run by the Sith just as the Empire was. Vytal did not believe this to be the case, as someone that knew what the Empire did to those in its iron grip. "However, I have hope that we may learn more about one another. Understand one another. In time, perhaps discover we have as much similar as we do different, and can compliment each other." After all, Vytal was no Jedi Master. To learn of their ways and their insights into this 'Force' would be quite a boon for her intellectually. She would even promise not to try teaching their padawans about the Dark Side -- it would be reckless to try seeing how Vytal wouldn't be on Commenor nearly long enough to explain the nuances needed to not become "corrupt" as some called it.

Tag: Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

Chiefly, Enlil came to Commenor because he recalled it as Caedyn Arenais one time home. The Jedi told him that once, he had been royalty too. Another broken lineage, more hierarchies thrown into disarray. It seemed contemporary society had no interest in Kings- only in mob rule, and the purported freedoms that came with it.

The King could not say he hated what the Galaxy had become, but he did mistrust those who had become its Custodians. It was a joyous thing to see many people coming into themselves, growing as human beings- or whatever they might happen to be. That realization, too, had brought some measure of elation. To think, there were so many types of sentient beings! All of them vastly different, and all of them unique in their own way!

There was beauty in change, even if change itself came initially as a shock. "What types of wine do you have?" he asked idly as a Droid zipped past. It gave a series of beeps in response. Enlil blinked. "...can you repeat that in a language I understand?" he asked.

"The serving unit says that we have only one type of wine on hand, a fresh, light white imported for the occasion." The woman who responded had fair, silver skin and smiled coyly as the King looked her over.

"No red?" he seemed put out. "No matter, it will suffice."

"Of course," the woman smiled sweetly. "And you are?" she asked. "What government are you with?"

The King fixed her with a blank expression for a moment until he realized her question was serious, and not simply for propriety's sake. "No government," he replied. "I am a Judge, in the service of the Outer Rim Territories."

"Ah, of course! I'll retrieve the wine for you at once, Your Honor."

Last edited:
// Padawan Lysle //
// Commenor Temple //
// Focus // Kyyrk Kyyrk //

Nervously quickly seceded to a more pleasant attitude, a more confident smile taking over the girl's lips. The man was polite! Kiegan was always making an ass of himself, Jamie should have known not to believe her brother. Despite the size between them and presumably their experience, this Voph was a very pleasant man. No eyes could be seen behind the man's blindfold, but Jamie still felt someone staring from behind them. Perhaps his vision was based on something alternative to eyesight.

"I am! My name is Padawan Lysle, Jamie." Title came before name as she plucked at the sides of her robes, a deep curtsy to return the gesture of the older figure. Curiosity was no reason to forget one's manners. "It's a pleasure to meet you, My Lord." The title came off with a short bit of confusion, but she was fairly confident that was the way that Confederate figures of note were to be addressed. It couldn't be as bad as calling every Jedi "master" like when the first arrived.

The naive attitude returned as Voph spoke rather plainly to her addressing him. It wasn't rude nor short on attention, but still, direct questions were a bit much for nervous padawans to address easily. Especially when one was talking to a supposed superior.

"Oh well..." Blue eyes darted away as she tried to think of a specific reason that she had to talk to a man, no great ones popping up. "I suppose it's curiosity. I haven't met anyone from the Confederacy before. My brother seems to have an... opinion of some of you, so I wanted to see for myself!" A cheery smile quickly shining towards Kyyrk Kyyrk as she finished.

"I hope that's not a problem with you."

Last edited:

Kiran Arlos

K
Commenor
Jedi Temple

Kiran was quite surprised to hear of the move. While Silvers Rest would always be home to him, the move to Commenor was something that might have been needed for the Jedi Padawan. Kiran had at one time served security for then Queen of Commenor. Since he left service he hadn't returned here and had stuck with his Jedi training at Silvers Rest. But he couldn't contain his excitement to return. Granted things were not as they were before, as much had happened since his last trip.

"This is quite nice." Kiran whispered as they finally reached the planet and an array of things had been planned for the event. He took a deep breath as he stepped down the ramp of the shuttle and taking the first breath of Commenor air, taking in the scenery around him. He smirked slightly as he looked towards the temple, and began his walk there.

Niamh looked over those gathered curiously. So many people, other races she'd never seen in person, and those who were on opposing sides of the Force. She was sure that had any Anam besides her or Auburn were here with Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron , they would panic. A consequence of being a sheltered people, Niamh supposed.

Distracted by the variety of guests, Niamh was brought back to focus as her son gently guided her towards... A sand person? Niamh tilted her head curiously as her son assisted them with the Force. Their voice didn't hold any emotion, but she felt their annoyance through the Force. Was that how these sand people conveyed emotion?

She smiled at them from beside her son, and nodded her head as they introduced themselves.

"Déithe duit, Ura. I'm Niamh, and this is my son, Darlyn."

Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

Darlyn chuckled slightly when he picked up the annoyance, and watched the sand person interact with their pet. Wholesome, even if he had no idea what either of them were. When the sand person extended their hand, Ura Iolar Ura Iolar they had said right? When Ura extended their hand, he took it and shook it gently. Before he had the opportunity to speak however, his mother spoke instead. "Yes, well more accurately it's President Excron, Mother. Do give me at least some credit, even if you don't like my new name." He retracted his hand after the brief handshake and introductions, resting his hand on the belt of his tunic.

"I thought it would be proper to come introduce myself to some of the Jedi folks, considering my role here on Commenor. Especially so there would be no, surprises with the whole..." He wasn't really sure how to indicate his force presence, which was going to be far more noticeable being in close proximity, and less masked by his Mother's light. So lacking a good gesture, he sort of just, motioned to himself in general. "Especially since there's a strong chance I'll be stopping by in the distant future. Don't want to spook you and the other padawans."

Niamh Jones Niamh Jones

us9Q1NV.jpg

S O C I A L

Voph instinctively frowned as the girl refereed to him as "My lord." Not that it was an improper title, but it felt...wrong. Voph had spent enough time being called 'My Lord' already, he was in no hurry to resume the practice. Voph's brow arched as the girl spoke of stories she had heard of the Confederates. And she spoke of a brother that shared these stories. "I see. Rest assured that if your brother thinks ill of me, it was likely because I threatened him. And likely because he deserved it." Voph shrugged, folding both hands behind his back as he looked about the area.​
"I would insist, however, that titles are not necessary. I am hardly one deserving of such...fawning." Voph spoke with no small hint of disdain in his voice. It was likely clear that he cared little for whatever titles he had been given. That, perhaps, was why he had introduced himself simply as Voph. But, he could not fault the girl for trying to be proper. At least she made the attempt. "If it is any consolation, Miss Lysle, curiosity is quite natural. Many have come seeking knowledge or aid. Or perhaps I just have one of those faces." Though the man did not smile, it was evident this was said in jest. Perhaps he did have a sense of humor, even if drier than Tatooine's Dune Sea...​
bHZYQG.png

Elise

E
"I'm hoping we can maybe discuss all the terrible shit going on out there," a hand motioned to the galaxy at large. "In private, away from all the good vibes out here. I wouldn't want to ruin the evening for anyone curious enough to eavesdrop."

Ryv took a step back, turning on a heel in one fluid motion as he strode towards the temple's entrance.

And at that, Elise felt her shoulders drop down. She knew it was her place to deal with matters like this. But for just spell, she had hoped... She cast a glance over her shoulder, taking in the smiles and laughter that lingered on those around her... and she stepped away from it, again. She follow the man that swept through their grounds like a storm, not waiting for her as he pushed away. He was a padawan the last time she had seen him. He seemed to own his identity now. His aforementioned lack of regard to her was palpable, a stone hitting her stomach as she breathed through it.

He paused in the threshold, offering Elise a cursory glance. "I don't imagine you've got an office or something for this, huh?" Ryv called out to her, his form resting casually against the structure.

"No," she responded evenly, waiting for him to notice he had pushed too far ahead without her. She gave a gentle gesture to the right ... waited for him to approach... the fell in step besides him as she led him away from the temple and into a greener pathway.

She took another breath in, then elaborated further. "I find an office does little to remind us of our purpose. I prefer the gardens." Sunset poured through the trees above them, the pathway opening up to a low garden overflowing with planets. Most were overgrown and shapeless-- hedges swallowing up rose bushes and thorned branches overhanging in pathways. The area had clearly not been tended to yet.

"Do you know Plant Surge?" She sat down on a mossy bench, the stone peeking out from under it. She gestured for him to join her, brushing a branch out of the way.

Ryv Ryv

The Droid sped back to him with the wine, and he accepted the flute with thinly veiled skepticism. This was no kind of deep bodied vintage, nor something to let rest on the tongue and allow a flavor to bloom. He sipped cautiously at the white wine that he'd been served and almost immediately pulled the drink from his lips.

Was this wine... sweet? Effervescent? Is this what passes for wine in modern day? "Your pardon sir, is the champagne not to your liking?" He rounded to see the woman again, smiling brightly up at him.

"This is some sort of celebratory juice, surely," he explained. "There must have been some mistake. I asked for wine, not a children's drink."

She laughed. "Sir, this is a sweet wine, often served at parties or special occasions to commemorate them." Her expression turned quizzical. "You've never had sweet wine?"

"Wine is not sweet," he assured her. "But, a man should be open to new knowledge. I will commit it to memory. Thank you for your kindness."

The young Mirialan chortled sweetly before she turned, but not without waving a quick goodbye toward the King. There were many guests, and she likely wanted to be sure they were all appropriately seen to.

Meanwhile, the King made his way away from the crowd, retreating further into the Temple to sample his champagne away from prying eyes. He hadn't seen Caedyn since he arrived, but that was fine. It was good for a few men from beyond the Outer Rim to make an appearance.

It was a matter of showing solidarity.

Many cups to take from the same river, that was something Luke Skywalker had said once upon a time, in a legend, he was fairly certain. Coren, like Luke, had taken a venture around the galaxy to learn more of the Force, more of what he could do, and what was possible. He’d seen more nature based organizations, and groups who regard the Force as some sort of God. As a Jedi, he had his own way, it was the energy around everyone, and was created by life. “Certain worlds make sense for a place to learn, there have been those that feel it can help mask our presence as well. But at some point, one needs to cast off those protections and stand.” Not that he was speaking for the Silver Jedi, he was speaking for himself.

Coren was the Jedi who knew the Living Force well, he knew the Unifying Force too, but he lived in the moment. The Sith moved, and he moved to greet and counter them. Many would call them the opposing sides of the same coin, and that wasn’t too far off. There was a dichotomy between them, of the thinking mind and the feeling mind. Very often Starchaser found himself on the line, but he knew where he was, he was a defender, he protected and revered life.

He nodded to her. “There have been times, even from the Galactic Alliance, the first one, not the current iteration, that the relations have been strained. The Confederacy came to my personal aid during the betrayal by the Sith at Coruscant. I am more than willing to learn more from your people. And as I’m working with the Silver Jedi, it can only benefit them to understand the workings of the Confederacy.” He nodded. Maybe it was the fact that she was a Nightsister and not a Sith representative, his own bias had not been triggered.

Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

The pale Witch nodded slightly. "There is no need to endlessly challenge your enemies to battle, but you must be prepared should battle be brought all the same." It was not the focus of the Solanaceae to combat the smaller evils committed by the Living every day. They were quite content to focus on understanding the world, and how to elevate all life to new heights -- those that were willing to embrace it. Nevertheless, those that came to their Covensteads in such of easy prey would leave worse for wear, if they left at all.

If there were a continuum between one and the other, it would likely hold at least four sides with Coren on the opposite point of Vytal, and both stuck between the "Light" and "Dark." The Nightmother could tell Coren was a man of action. She would not rebuke his pursuit; in fact, she would even support it as she did the women and men of the Knights Obsidian back in the Confederacy. Just because the Solanaceae were not galactic peacekeepers did not mean those that followed that cause were lesser for it. A Nightsister could appreciate a strong arm, and a firm resolve.

"Knowledge benefits all that listen and use it to better Creation. I would be honored to share our knowledge with yourself, and the Silver Jedi, in return for the same. The more that turn their eyes toward the Truth, the more of it we can see." That did not mean it was easy or that they would ever truly understand the building blocks of the natural world, or the realm beyond it; but neither did it mean they shouldn't even try. There was so much to learn, and so many people to teach.

Were Vytal attempting to read Coren's mind, which she did not out of respect, she would have found his unconscious disposition charming. After all, the pale Witch before him did not suffer the Sith lightly herself. They were quick to anger, slow to change, and more often than not failed to hear the most important of all lessons. They desired power at any cost. A foolhardy, reckless cause that could once more tear open the Veil and send ever more billions into the Nether. Perhaps that was her own bias, however, having seen Sith Lords visit Dathomir to extract power without the wisdom to use it. A lingering distaste from her youth that nothing had yet to change.

A small smile graced her lips. "Even if the Confederacy, as a political body like the Council, cannot intervene in all things, however," Vytal's gaze made sure to hold Coren's own, "there may still be those within its borders that can lend support. It is wise to seek allies at many levels."

Tag:
Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron Niamh Jones Niamh Jones

Ura looked at... President Excron? She was talking to...? And a woman who was apparently his mother. The Lervon's eyes went a bit wide in surprise at hearing that. It was only now that she noticed that he's signature in the Force wasn't as bright others she'd seen. She tilted her head a little, not sure what to do. She just hoped that she was making a good impression now. He then noted that he was hear to make sure the Padawans didn't freak out at him being there. She looked at him, while Ger'Off decided to walk over and try to give Niamh a lick.

"That makes sense, though you're not the darkest I've seen someone."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom