Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Character Creation

Hi there! I just made an account here today and began working on a character when I noticed that the timeline will be changing 3 days from now and all old characters will be retired and replaced with new characters. I already checked out all the rp info for the next timeline and changed my character's info accordingly however I was just wondering if I should submit him for approval after the timeline change or prior. Thanks in advance for the help!

-Dinar

Mishel Kryze

M
[member="Dinar Sullux"]

Hey there!

Welcome to the boards, and to answer you question about timelines. Chaos has a fluid timeline, we typically have board events that move the timeline forward, but we have yet to retire it. We're set roughly 850+ years after the original trilogy, and no there is no character approval process. Once you make your bio, and post it you're ready to go! If you have any other questions feel free to ask and happy threading!

[member="Dinar Sullux"] To my knowledge the timeline is not changing. Can you perhaps link me where you found this information? Characters also do not require approval. Let me direct you to our Getting Started Guide. It will help answer most general questions and alleviate some of the confusion. There is also a timeline located here that will aid in getting a handle on things. If you need further assistance please don't hesitate to ask. Happy writing!

Getting Started Guide

I apologize, perhaps I'm just a little confused. Right after creating my account I received a message with the subject "A new timeline set some 500 years after the events of the current timeline will be launched on December 15th!" and said the following:

WARNING: WE HAVE A NEW TIMELINE COMING OUT IN DECEMBER! That means that the story will move ahead 500+ years and any character you create before the new timeline will be archived.

LEARN MORE ABOUT THE NEW TIMELINE HERE: NEW TIMELINE INFORMATION
http://www.thestarwarsrp.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-new-timeline-approaches.84075/#post-1457745

Welcome to The Star Wars RP Dinar Sullux!

We're role-playing 6,898 years before Episode IV, in a timeline called The First Sith. It's an era right at the end of our version of the Hundred-Year Darkness, dealing with the rise of the Sith. The Sith Empire has emerged in full Force. While only a year old, under the leadership of the Empress, it is claiming world after world with little resistance. Meanwhile, the Jedi Knights are under attack by the Empire and facing the possibility of total destruction. And the Republic and Hutt Cartel are at war. The galaxy is beginning to plummet back into chaos...

You can read more about it here and click the aforementioned faction links to learn more about them.

Here are some other ways to get started:
  • Check out the SWRP Beginner's Guide, Beginner's Guide to Character Creation and the Visual Sub-Account Creation Guide.
  • If you haven't already done so, feel free to post a thread here to introduce yourself to the rest of the site. We're excited to have you here!
  • Read through the Rules and Guidelines, which includes info on character growth.
  • Create a character so you can start RPing! You can also include information about player-created technology, planets, species, and lore into your profile. Your character will be approved soon after it's posted. Your character does not need to be approved in order to start role-playing in basic social threads, but it does need to be approved in order to take part in faction events.
  • Make sure that after you create your character, you create a sub-account for your character to be able to post as in the story sections. You can click the spoiler below this message for a visual guide with screen caps for references.
  • Check out the General Forums boards and join our Discord channel to get to know your fellow members.
Those are the basics. If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to let me know, ask an administrator, or post in our Role-Playing Helpboard!

Well then. That actually makes a lot of sense. I apologize to everyone for my brief moment of stupidity. I legitimately have no idea how I managed to think both sites were the same. Thank you for your time regardless and clearing up my confusion.

Well, Captain Jordan and Carni and Metus and so many others are cool. Not sure about me. But, I really hope you stay! We have a solid community here, the admins are great, the factions for the most part are awesome. It's a site that allows for a lot more expressive freedom, and creativity in its story lines, and I think you would fit right in if you give us a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom