Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Push It to the Limit (GA Pilots)

Rebel Ace Cantina
[member="Wedge Draav"] [member="Karren Trask"] [member="Jax Rhane"] [member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Arix Askrima"] [member="Asmus Janes"]

Well this is one way of meeting the rest of the Squadron.

The Rogue's eyes went wide, and good thing about the aviators she wore because her eyes went shifting in a kaleidoscopic mass of colors from her typical hazel to the green and gold-flecked hue of muted surprise and alarm.

"Ah, at ease." she said, bringing both hands up and palms down. Not quite how she intended to meet them now that she was back in active duty.

"It's fine. Figured I'd relay that we've leave for the rest of the day for those who aren't itching to get the extra training." her nose gave a slight amused crinkle.

"And I figured that I'd find the bulk of you here if I really wanted to meet more than two." that's when the rounds of extending hands and shakes went around.

"Pleasure to meet all of you. Lieutenant Commander Vyn, but for those who know me --" that's when she spotted [member="Allyson Locke"]. A faint flush rose over her features. Yeah, she just might still be the youngest, but it was nice to see some familiar faces.

"Locke!" without further ado, the woman went reaching over to give her a hug.

line-separator-01.png

The Past

[member="Asmus Janes"]

"Heh, guess you can call it that." Choli replied, sliding back on top of the roof of the U-Wing to finish up securing the panel she'd been working on. "Just give me a bit, just tightening these down."

Her light-duty was about to end soon. Next mission she'd be reassigned back to Rogue Squadron. However, that wasn't the most curious of things. At least, not recently.

"Bet it wasn't as exciting as your own. Came back with a war wound and all." in the mention of his cast. He'd be light duty and off starfighters while he healed, which likely wasn't quite what he was going for but then again, he'd been traveling with her.

Now it was a curious thing for her. Being in the opposite end of curiousity. That is, gossip came and went, but for the most part the entire ship had been in a tither over what Omar had mentioned about [member="Trextan Voidstalker"] - her Jedi boy supposedly. The entire lot were like gossipying mynocks. However, that didn't compare to the tittering that followed after they picked up the Special Agent.

Lucy was still pretty much a wreck. So that was another reason for feeling tugged in different directions. However, I bet he feels worse.

[member="Choli Vyn"] [member="Wedge Draav"] [member="Karren Trask"] [member="Jax Rhane"] [member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Arix Askrima"]

Asmus looked around the bar after Jax had left to join his new squadron. There was one man at the bar who looked like he didn't want any company at all. Another day and he might have been after a particular kind of interaction, but not any more. She was back.

He slid off his stool. It was a touch embarrassing to just follow after Jax but there just wasn't much else going on around the bar. He went back what seemed like a long way with some of them now.

"Mind if I join?" He asked Karen. "In afraid Incom don't let me carry a knife as standard gear though..."

"That's one way of putting it. Whatever you do in life Choli try really really hard not to get shot. It is distinctly unpleasant. Been with the intelligence branch for a while now. It seems every time I get my feet on the ground for a pick up bad things happen. Oh, got myself a new droid though."

He stretched out his legs and felt another uncomfortable twinge in his shoulder. He would normally have offered to help but he wasn't climbing up there like this.

"Omar kept to his normal background level of inappropriate whilst I was away?" Asmus asked.

Rebel Ace Cantina...

"Arix," he added simply after [member="Karren Trask"] had introduced herself to the squadron's newest addition [member="Jax Rhane"], "Rogue Four."

Grateful the mask prevented him from showing much emotional range, the Padawan still smarted with embarrassment at his overreaction to the return of their XO. For all the advancements to his reflexes, both mechanical and supernatural, Karren had still managed to step in before he could react and try to cover for him. He had activated his vocoder to speak up and take accountability for his own actions, when [member="Choli Vyn"] had waved away their excuses and informed them they were on leave anyway.

The more pilots that entered the establishment, such as [member="Allyson Locke"] and [member="Wedge Draav"], the quieter the cyborg flight officer grew. Dueling Sith, fending off TIE fighters, safeguarding the helpless, those were the things he was good at. His inability to navigate even the most basic social hierarchies was the character defect that had landed him in the Rogues in the first place. And to think, he was the son of a fallen Duke. For lack of a better option, he covered by sipping at his beer through the straw inserted through a port in the cyborg's helm.

"I do not think it would be fair," Askrima shook his head after Karren suggested a game of throwing knives.

"Mechanical arm," he explained, tapping his forearms together with a clang. Raising a single digit in his right hand to tap his temple near the optical implants, "Targeting computer."

Upon the arrival of [member="Asmus Janes"] to the table, with textbook military precision Rogue Four drew a deactivated vibroknife from a sheathe built into his thigh chassis. He twirled the blade in the palm of his hand at a high speed until he gripped it again, hilt out and offered to his former squadron commander.

"You can use mine, sir."

Allyson finally looked up from her letter only in time to catch the rush of Choli giving her a bear hug. A smile spread across the rogue’s face as she was pulled in and the hug was returned. It was a good feeling to have someone recognize you and be happy to see you. A part of her wondered if Choli even had recognized her from their time apart. Allyson had heard rumors and when they were confirmed a part of her died inside. If only she hadn’t had been on leave that mission. She could have been there to help; she could have helped prevent the things that had happened to the other woman. “You’re looking really good! I’m happy to see a familiar face. Wonder if good ol Rogue One will show up…” Allyson looked around, seeing Asmus she knew he was the old Rogue One and before that he was Nine. Big shoe to fill, but she could do it and so could Ben if he poked his head in.

Karen Trask had poked her attention as well. She remembered Rogue Eleven and the Mentina mission. Sighing softly, she shook her head and indicated she wasn’t interesting in the game, she was never good at them and after hearing that Karen was a force user that’s just unfair. Before Allyson could offer her knife to Asmus, one of the other rogues did. She smirked and called out to the pair. “Can’t save you when you lose Eleven.” Chuckling, she shook her head and looked towards Asmus. She did miss his company, he was good friend. Either way, she had someone else, she was happy. Still it was a good feeling to be here in this bar with some of the old crew. Others returned to her mind, but she did her best to push them aside. It was going to be time to meet the kids soon, get to know them.

"Oh what the heck..." Allyson smiled at Choli and waved her over. "If I'm going to play you are too!" Allyson poked her head along side Asmus as she looked at Karen. "Loser has to buy drinks for everyone and has locker room cleaning duty. Sound good?"

[member="Karren Trask"] [member="Asmus Janes"] [member="Choli Vyn"]

[member="Allyson Locke"], [member="Karren Trask"], [member="Arix Askrima"], [member="Asmus Janes"]

"Count me in." Jax responded to Karen's suggestion with a smirk of his own as he ordered another beverage for himself.

Maybe his confidence was in all places tonight but what harm could a little game of throwing knives do? The rookie didn't have a clue to what he had just signed up for but losing was not an option, it had never been in his family even if Kerk had beaten all the time in their youth. It wasn't until they both started flight school that the younger brother of the two emerged victorious and he was just willing to keep up that tradition. Tonight was all about building character and he wanted to give them all a taste of what that exactly meant. More faces started pop up and soon he was surrounded by the majority of his squadron, the people he would see as comrades in the many days to come.

[member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Jax Rhane"] [member="Asmus Janes"] [member="Choli Vyn"] [member="Arix Askrima"]

Karren nodded. That sounded like a fair bet. Though she guessed they were going to have a very heated game. What with targeting computers and the force. Not even counting natural ability. she drew her own knife and stood, whirling it twice to find the balance. For the first one she'd go no force, and try and hit the target.

She cocked back, and then snapped her wrist, launching the slim black blade end over end until it hit the ten target, lodging firmly.

"Ten points. No force and drunk. Not too bad huh?" She asked, spreading her arms wide in a cocky gesture.

Wedge turned to watch his fellow pilots and Alliance whatevers have a knife throwing game. Eventually, people that all had knives on them played games with them when they got bored. The rookie was eager to prove himself, [member="Karren Trask"] was drunk, and [member="Allyson Locke"] made some comment about cleaning the locker room. Wedge remembered when he had to clean out the lockers of dead pilots. He didn't wish that on anyone.

That, and the hairy drains.

[member="Asmus Janes"] was doing his usual thing- though the spook stuck up for him, Wedge kept his distance. He didn't trust people like him. People who kept secrets from their own people weren't exactly high up on Wedge's favorite's. Wedge tapped the bar behind him- the bartender and him had a mutual understanding. Give him liquor, he gives him credits. Simple business- no words needed. Wedge took a sip of his freshly-filled glass.

Half full of half empty glasses- they both went down the same, either way you looked at them. Wedge just looked at them as to-be-drank.

Rebel Ace Cantina

Rebel Ace Cantina
[member="Karren Trask"] [member="Wedge Draav"] [member="Jax Rhane"] [member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Arix Askrima"] [member="Asmus Janes"]

As the introductions went around, Choli took time to try and get a feel for the crew. Many new faces, a few familiar. Of course, when the drinking games came around, it was as if everything fell into place. It would figure that pilots, a little risk, and flowing booze would end up into wagers and bets of skill and ... well bragging.

Truth be told, Choli was never one to really participate in the drinking games. However, as this one had to deal with throwing knives...

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

"Not bad at all," Choli replied to [member="Karren Trask"]'s tipsy claim. A droid bar attendant came to her right, asking if she wanted a drink. Well, one wouldn't hurt. Not to mention, they would all be looking at her, sizing her up. I know exactly how this all goes.

"One ale." nothing fancy, but nothing to look down on.

line-separator-01.png

The Past

Choli gave a heavy snort, landing on her feet besides [member="Asmus Janes"]. Bending forward, she took a gold of a rag, using it to wipe down her fingers. "He pretty much tucked tail and kept his commentary to a minimum. I'm grateful for it." a pause, those curious color changing eyes flickering up towards the Wraith Commander.

"But it seems he and the rest of the crew were far more entertained with other news." it wasn't that Choli was being nosy. Far from it, she understood exactly the annoyance of being in the spotlight amidst a ship of board crew who enjoyed picking up every little bit of gossip. The latest being a rather interesting spin.

Choli wasn't aware of the details, only that she'd been there to see some of the aftermath. The way the Wraith had trailed for the Special Agent, then the sobbing Lucy, and finally, hearing that Asmus had left

[member="Arix Askrima"] [member="Karren Trask"] [member="Choli Vyn"] [member="Wedge Draav"]

"Why...why do you all have knives?" Asmus asked. He was obviously amused by the situation. "You all understand you're pilots and not marines right?"

He shooked his head and looked down at the blade. He'd stabbed a man once. Back in his days smuggling he'd been thrown into all kinds of chaotic situations. It hadn't been a pleasant experience. Feeling it wedge deep into a thigh bone and become stuck had made him feel pretty sick afterwards.

"I'll raise you two more rounds in exchange for cleaning duty. Private employee remember. It simply wouldn't be appropriate to go cleaning a military locker room."

"Right then...how do you throw a knife?"

Past

"I guess the boot is on the other foot now," Asmus replied. "Huh...could have taken some extra credit then. Pretended I've been out there making a scene to let you and Trextan exist outside of an oppressive cloud of gossip for a few days."

Asmus had always been a more comfortable speaker than her young romantic interest.

"I didn't think I would ever see her again," he sighed.

"If you will allow me, sir," Arix spoke up at last, if only out of enthusiasm that the topic had finally shifted to something more familiar to him, "Grip the handle of the blade like you would a hammer, loosely to avoid interfering with your throw. I'd place this target at medium range, so bend your wrist back slightly toward your forearm to increase the speed...the knife turns over in the air..."

Rogue Four began to trail off as it suddenly occurred to him that [member="Asmus Janes"] might have been making a joke. Exercising all his discipline as a Jedi Padawan to quell a sense of personal embarrassment, the flight officer covered his sudden silence by taking a long sip of his beer through the straw leading up to his helmet's induction port. A life free of emotional considerations had been much easier for him than most other Jedi, even before the accident that had left him scarred and in need of a life support suit Arix had not been very good at interpreting social cues.

And yet he could not distance himself completely from that innate sentient urge for some kind of connection. It was frustrating, because even as a Jedi he was supposed to rely on this skill set that seemed to come so easily to others. Attachments were forbidden, but understanding those attachments in others so they could effectively mediate and deescalate was critical. Force weak and unperceptive...what a Knight he was going to make one day. Here Droid was, quietly having a panic attack surrounded not only by allies, but ostensibly friends.

[member="Karren Trask"] | [member="Choli Vyn"] | [member="Wedge Draav"] | [member="Jax Rhane"]

[member="Allyson Locke"]-[member="Jax Rhane"]- [member="Asmus Janes"]- [member="Choli Vyn"]- [member="Arix Askrima"]- [member="Wedge Draav"]

"Why wouldn't we carry knives?" She said, winking at Asmus.

"Pilots gotta have one somewhere in their survival kit. Good for cutting your way out of a harness after a crash."

She reached down to the table and took another sip of her drink as Arix instructed Asmus on the knife throwing procedures. She could still feel apprehension coming from the droid. Some part of his sentient self having a conflict maybe? She could relate, only just recently coming to terms that killing was a necessity in the galaxy.
Still a crappy Jedi though.
Eh.... Whatever.

She locked eyes with the Cyborg, and leaned in towards him.

"Hey you good dude?"

[member="Karren Trask"] [member="Arix Askrima"] [member="Asmus Janes"] [member="Jax Rhane"]

Watching them banter back and forth between themselves and try to instruct [member="Asmus Janes"] how to use a throwing knife was an amusing bit of time. Pulling up a chair, the Rogue sat herself down, peering at the rest.

[member="Allyson Locke"] was bound to make fast friends. Often time Choli would wonder just how she could mimic the woman to blend in more. Things were still a bit confusing, even more so now after coming out of light duty. None the less, it was important to build rapport with those who had made Rogue Squadron their home in her absense.

Turning to the right, she caught sight of [member="Jax Rhane"]. While [member="Karren Trask"] spoke to [member="Arix Askrima"], Choli offered Rhane a smile.

"New to Rogue long?"

line-separator-01.png

In the Past
[member="Asmus Janes"]

Half wiping her hands on her rag, Choli half caught the quiet murmur from the Wraith Commander, arching a brow in mild curiosity. Choli wasn't going to bring it up. She already felt the bit of gossip when Trextan had spent time on the Subversion. However, seeing as Janes was in a reflective mode.

"You mean the agent?" Choli knew that much. She hadn't been privy to the details that it was Whiskey Girl.

"They come and go from what they tell me." it would have been normal to believe that this was just another of Asmus' flight of fancies. Back at Rogue Squadron, Choli came to understand that Asmus was just looking for a good time much like everyone else. Thinking he meet up with an SIS agent wasn't too far out there. Seeing him say so in the way he did, however, was different.

"Lucy wasn't too happy with it." to a degree, Choli felt rather defensive over the redheaded mechanic. There was very few words amidst her tears, but a summary could say that Lucy was fairly heartbroken and it was Asmus' fault.

[member="Arix Askrima"] [member="Karren Trask"] [member="Choli Vyn"]

"Oh you might get stuck with it whilst you're crashing," Asmus laughed in Karren's direction. "And no, I wasn't joking," he told the cyborg as he trailed off.

He gave a couple of mock throws and then gave it all he had. If flew quickly, spinning end over end to thud home firmly.

Into the wall next to the target.

"Really wasn't joking."

"Yeah," he replied. "Yeah I know..."

There had been many times he'd broken, or at least wounded a heart along the way. This time it had hurt him too. Lucy's pain had been all too real and he had made it worse by being so focussed on Kaile.

"I met Kaile before I was even in the academy," Asmus replied. "Didn't even know she was an agent. I guess it was the first time I was left like Lucy is now. I did go and talk to Lucy before we left. I was a bit of an ass before. Doesn't mean she's going to be happy about it though." Asmus fell into contemplative silence for a second.

"How is she now?"

He down the rest of his demon drink and stood- stood, however, was a strong word. Wedge wasn't exactly on level feet, level mind, or level morals right now. But he made his way over to the other Rogues. He was known enough that they might give him an upnod, but he couldn't recall a time where he had actually talked to any of them. [member="Asmus Janes"] recruited him right after the Vong attack for the Rogues, and he had yet to have a conversation since. He kept to himself- that, and he was constantly doing something to keep his mind off what he had been through lately. Getting shot down, the Vong attack- his ongoing conflict with the sauce.

Not exactly a conversational trove, to say the least. Hi, I'm Wedge and I hate myself and all the things that I've done. Also, I miss my ex. You single?

He sat down in a chair near Choli, but kept his distance. To Wedge, it was a smooth way to enter the group of people he sort-of knew. To everyone else, it was obvious that he was tired of being alone at the bar and desperately wanted to at least drink his sorrows away around people. People who had their own problems. People like him.

[member="Choli Vyn"] l [member="Karren Trask"] l [member="Arix Askrima"]

[member="Wedge Draav"]

It was about then that the "Ohhhhhhs!!" of dejected cries at the lack of knife throwing skill from [member="Asmus Janes"] went echoing around the room. Choli turned her attention from [member="Jax Rhane"], giving a half smile at the former Rogue Leader's carefree shrug and self joking demeanor.

"Maybe a little more practice, eh?!" Choli cried out, turning towards [member="Wedge Draav"] as he sat near. Another new face. Deciding to take the plunge again, Choli held her hand out to him.

"What's your name? I'm Choli." That would identify her as Choli Vyn, Lieutenanat Commander and Executive Officer of Rogue.

line-separator-01.png

In the Past
[member="Asmus Janes"]

"Let's just say she made Trextan feel awkward with all the crying she did." well it was blunt, but it was the truth. Turning to the right, Choli tossed the used rag on top of her tool box. Her commentary seemed to make the Wraith Leader's face fall.

"She's better now. Just takes time I suppose." well she didn't. She honestly didn't know how to help Lucy other than simply keep talking to her and listen. Turns out that was better than what Omar offered, although the tale that the Zeltron almost got a hydrospanner to his boot was amusing.

Plopping down next to him, the younger woman gave a shrug.

"She's likes you alot. " that was evident. To be fair, Janes could be rather oblivious. Honestly it was all still rather confusing.

Wedge knew who she was. The fact she didn't know who *he* was a little more than hurtful. But he was drunk enough to not let it show. That, and he was trying to keep from stumbling around. His hand somehow made it towards hers. He slightly slurred his words.

"Wedge Draav. Rogue Ten. New guy."

He only gotten into the Rogues for what he did at Velga- and even that was a fluke, if he was being honest and truthful. He never wanted to be there. He just had to be. As much as he wanted to participate in the knife-throwing game, he could play the sit-up-straight game right now. Everything was blurry.

Lately- just how he liked it. Losing what he thought was going to be the woman he'd spend the rest of his life with, along with Velga- took a toll on the kid. He was too young, and grew up too fast.

[member="Choli Vyn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom