Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Manifests

Spencer Jacobs said:
Making a manifest is insane
Then why is there a rule to make one?? and that its mandatory??

Why is it that we are complaining about a rule not being followed/being make to easily excess, but you're complaining AGAINST the rule? O>O

*Head hurts, walks back to his venturing as a paddy*

Side Notes: Yes, its Romeo Sin.

[member="Zaden Danex"] Not arguing against it. I'm stating that you're being rather complicated and demanding. Yes the rule is there, but there's no reason to be so hellbent that it becomes a thread. Easy to ask saying "hey can i see your manifest" Also like I said sometimes its just easier to check out the approved Tech/Ship/etc section of the factory since there are tabs to organize them. The FAs have a lot to deal with so sometimes things slip through the cracks. I'm offering other ways to check something out and to point out that the information is there and there's no reason to complain saying it isnt.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Spencer Jacobs said:
Also like I said sometimes its just easier to check out the approved Tech/Ship/etc section of the factory since there are tabs to organize them.
Liminal said:
The other issue is that not everything is faction exclusive or gets a faction tag, but that's not a huge issue.
Juuuust chiming in.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Okay, now that you have better explained yourself, I understand and I agree for the most part.

:)

Really made my head hurt there for a second, I either read it wrong, or took it wrong. Either way, I ish sorry. Pease dont hurt meh

[member="Zaden Danex"] i just like how you dissected my post and pulled out what you wanted to see. Its okay though, glad I was able to clear it up.

[member="Liminal"] - then you ask a question, its not difficult.

Like literally all I saw when I was reading it was...like Heretical NO RULE NO MOE! I couldnt comprehend it, I am stuopad fhakjjjjjjbmnabvkabv ajsfgkjfklfgJHF.

hi.

Like literally all I saw when I was reading it was...like Heretical NO RULE NO MOE! I couldnt comprehend it, I am stuopad fhakjjjjjjbmnabvkabv ajsfgkjfklfgJHF.

hi.

I've directed Staff to evaluate this question and the rules it pertains to.

I'm also directing Staff to monitor this thread, but no longer take part in it.

We should have an answer for you soon. I find the question very interesting.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
During an Invasion I used to look at my enemies gear in order to correctly represent them in combat.

• This Faction uses Tier 8 armors and Automatic Ion Rifles. I should write that when engaging their troops.
  • This other Faction always has 2 War Droids to every infantry squad. I should bring a Hacker with me next time to route them.
  • This Faction has 3 different types of Bombers. I should PM that other writer to see which 'generic bomber' he mentioned was attacking my ship.
However, since the previous ruling that Manifests need not be public. I have simply defaulted to using generic terms instead.

• This Faction probably uses Generic Armor and Semi-automatic Blasters. Who cares if they are supposed to be all Vong troopers. Meh.
  • This other Faction probably just uses Generic Humans in all it's infantry squads. I should gear myself to fight against Paper Troops. Meh.
  • This Faction has Generic Bombers. I'm sure they are using Generic Bombs when attacking my ship. Meh.
See the difference? Once upon a time I took the initiative to gain information about my opponents so as to respect them, represent them, and to outgun them during PvP. However, since the manifests when private. I no longer bother to research them or ask questions. If my opponent or writing partner failed to be specific? It doesn't bother me at all.

• Fail to mention all your troops have Tier 9 armor? Meh. I'm sure it's probably just Tier 4. NPCs are paper anyways.

I kinda like that new mentality too. Always gives me the advantage when my partner fails to be descriptive. :D :p

Conclusion: Dear Staff. Delete the Manifests Rule completely and simply ask your Major Factions how to be descriptive with their use of NPCs and Factory Subs. Writer error or omission is now an advantage to your PvP partner.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Jay Scott Clark"] - That situation is usually and immediately followed by the opposing writer(s) complaining about the gross misrepresentation of toys X and Y.

Then it all bowls down to this; does Writer A overlook Faction B, or does Faction B spoon-feed information to Writer A? Aaand that's when the drama starts, such as this thread.

To that end, while I can understand some things either needing or deserving to be private (to which I say simply don't place them in the general manifest), there are going to be people who will complain about a lack of present information and overlook it, and people who are going to complain about their information being overlooked simply because it was not present. Then the conversation of who is lazier begins, as witnessed.

PS: Love the edge that delivered your point. Loved it!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Liminal"] Thanks. I understand your concern very well and am glad you voiced it.

Currently, I strongly recommend 'spoon feeding' your PvP partners information in your IC posts, so as to eliminate most concerns. The edit button and charitable courtesy can do the rest.

The Staff will make a decision soontm :p

Liminal said:
Then it all bowls down to this; does Writer A overlook Faction B, or does Faction B spoon-feed information to Writer A?
It is both of their duties to help their would-be opponent understand what type of gear and soldiers they are about to face for an overall writing experience. The fault falls on both of the Faction Leaders heads if both refuse to properly communicate with each other. Both SHOULD have the duty and common decency / respect to give each other their manifesto and explain in detail what X and Y does, as well as point out to specific units / tech that will be of interest and the most seen type of enemy their opponent will face.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
That is an ideal many have varied views on, sadly, which is mostly the issue. That would be the intent of a ruling - to force and oblige a middle ground with as little variation as possible and little room for error.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Liminal"] Ya know. Once upon a time, I had a PvP partner who I couldn't get along with. I said A, and they said B. Neither of us budged. Naturally our combat stalled to a halt. Then he posted fluff about winning and I posted fluff about winning. Now our combat didn't even make any sense. Haha.

Such is the inherit flaw in attempting to win at a cooperative sport. Hehe. If nobody compromises? Everything is like to fall apart.

Anyway. I threw the bout rather than grab a mediator. He got the 'win' and I moved on with my story free from drama. I didn't lose anything because all his gains were completely fictional. When his Faction took that planet? My Faction simply Domininon'ed two more! And then we terraformed them into Paradise Worlds before the next Invasion started. BOOM! Didn't even lose territory baby.

See what I mean? Fictional gains. Fictional wins. It is better to compromise with a real person so as to gain a Real Win. :D :p

I'm sure the Staff is reading this thread intently. I can hear them groaning already. *wink*

I wasn't around when Armory Manifests became a thing but I don't see why this is so hard. You make a thread, you call it "Armory Manifest" and as soon as you have new tech approved you throw it up in there somehow. It's really not that hard, it's just tedious so people tend to get lazy with it.

I like that it exists, why? Because then you don't have people running around and asking their friends to toss them tech to play rock-paper-scissors.

As for whether or not they should be public? I don't know many factions that don't have their manifest being public, I wouldn't mind if that became mandatory but then again most people tend to link what tech they're using in the threads which makes it easy to figure out. Also as the Invasion of Helska was referenced, I'm going to say that it had nothing to do with the manifests.... We already knew what tech was being used, our argument was pertaining to whether or not the faction properly obtained it in the first place.

Edit: I just realized I could get a dominion done so quickly if I turned into a debate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom