Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Manifests

So, heres an idea that recently came up. Why doesn't every Major faction have a public manifest thread? It will be alot easier for invasions if we did this. I just want to have a thread/topic dedicated to what every Major Faction commonly uses in faction threads, more spesificly, invasion threads. So we don't run into issues like what occured during the SD v Primevil Invasion.

Edit: I fucked up the Tags, oh well.

MAJOR FACTION ARMORY

1. Each Major Faction must have a list of it's ships, vehicles, and infantry units prepared and located under a topic titled “Armory Manifest”. This should be easily located within each Major Faction's discussion forums.

This is posted in the rules. It should be obvious that it is required to be public. While it may be answered there are clear cut cases of factions not doing so or failing to fulfill their duty to have a manifest.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I hate to be the nerf herder here but... that's a lie, no I don't.

Want me to whip up a list of factions that have failed to meet this requirement? It's quite frustrating.

Edit: If people can't see it, what karking good is it? xD

The One Sith has a manifest of all there goodies listed under Resources. Also, the OS is an OPEN faction meaning people can pop in and look at it they if desired to. However, most people are to lazy to do the simplest things and rather whine about it and state the rules as their fall back.

Personally, I don't care if it's public or not. Takes away from the element of surprise. Russia did it to Germany during WW2 with their T-35 tanks. Besides, if FJ approved the submission and FL properly conferred with one another prior to invasion threads...then there will never be a problem. Simple as that.

Liminal said:
Want me to whip up a list of factions that have failed to meet this requirement? It's quite frustrating.

You're more than within your right to report any major faction that doesn't have one.

Op has one, and it's outdated. I just took over, and frankly I'm not arsed to go into the factory and try and pull out every fresh sub and figure out where it goes and why. I don't care about the Factory enough for that. We even got nifty little tags that you can click on to see all the submissions approved for that faction.

The whole point of the manifest at least what I was informed was to prevent argumetns between factions at war. It is meant to be a place to easily and quickly find links to a factions gear. As far as I am aware this has always been the case. Now if people are to afraid to show their gear who am I to blame them for lacking confidence in their writing abilities and the need to fall back on hidden agendas and gear.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
That's the problem I have with this site. The word "report" comes up well too often, instead of people just working together instead of being vehemently fixed to their opinion of how things should be or simply not cooperative. That's how everything becomes a competition and groups grow rivalries against other groups.

No, we're not "lazy," maybe the factions' respective admins just don't want to do it. I say they're the lazy ones, since we're playing that game now and being rude.

[member="Darth Venefica"]

You make a point, and I personally feel the same way, but it is a rule, and thus I must follow said rule.

Like...I dont want the enemy to know Ima pull out some giant cannon, cause their prepared for it OOC and that makes Metagaming a thing to be aware of etc etc.

But its there, and there are those who have not even the whole list complete

*Points at self*

And those who you kinda of to dig for to find it. Maybe it should be posts under a certain name in a certain place, make the rule more specific???

All I'm getting out of this is that you're angry the faction admins are being lazy and not going into the factory to look around and grab all the links, while also.... being too lazy to go into the Factory yourself.

Frankly half the time people use subs in a thread they link it where it's being used.

That's more than suitable and, frankly, better than having a list to just go 'here buddy search through this for what I just used in my post.'

Nyxie

【夢狐】
The irony is that if it's public, people say it "takes away from the element of surprise," but if it's private, people say "pop in the faction and look at it," only to be summarily accused of metagaming or the like after.

(Edit: sniped >_<)

The other issue is that not everything is faction exclusive or gets a faction tag, but that's not a huge issue.

Again I am find with that but it seems to me certain factions (not naming any) require highly over powered and needlessly complex gear to supplement their lack of skill. I for one need only what my characters have earned through their time and my writing for example Nixius here has nothing but a cocky attitude and skills when it comes to swoop racing. Where as my main Aedan Miles is much more skilled due to experience and the ability I have to write with him. Yet I see it time and time again when people are required to fall back onto such gear as they have custom made to fill all the weaknesses they should be able to fill as writers.

[member="Darth Venefica"]

I totes agree with you, but sometimes people G-Mod the hell out of things with metagaming becuase they were already informed on what it is your using, or they try to make it sound like they know about the tech, AND You could report it, then it becomes this big nasty mess...blah blah, come at me bra!

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

Sarge Potteiger said:
All I'm getting out of this is that you're angry the faction admins are being lazy and not going into the factory to look around and grab all the links, while also.... being too lazy to go into the Factory yourself. Frankly half the time people use subs in a thread they link it where it's being used. That's more than suitable and, frankly, better than having a list to just go 'here buddy search through this for what I just used in my post.'

That kinda sounds like you're saying its okay if its not in the manifest then..and that its okay to break this rule because its being posted with a link in its RP thread....if that's the case..remove the rule...????? Cause I mean....I do that too, I post links to what I am using. BUT thee rule is there and I try my best to follow it, and yes I have been a little lazy with the manifest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom