Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Denied Project RUUSAN: PHASE II RESULTS//CHERNIL'BORG

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There is no happiness under the crimson sun...."
jTqF62h.gif

Project RUUSAN: PHASE II; CHERNIL'BORG
"While yes sir, we did lose a number of our subjects, we have however created a microbe sir. One capable of inflicting as much suffering on Force Users as they have on us sir."
~General Doctor Belladora Cuthbert
Head of Project RUUSAN Research

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To provide Project RUUSAN it’s second weaponised variant of the Badishahal’curazi.
  • Image Credit: None.
  • Canon: None.
  • Permissions: None.
  • Links:
    • Badishahal’curazi [x]
    • Project RUUSAN; PHASE I: Codenamed Ravenous [x]
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Project RUUSAN; PHASE II: Codenamed Chernil'borg
  • Designation: Non-Sentient
  • Origins: Fortress Dosuun, Prefsbelt IV [x]
  • Average Lifespan: No life span. It hibernates rather than dies.
  • Estimated Population: Rare
  • Description: Microscopic parasite would be the term to describe the Badishahahal’curazi. To the naked eye, they are invisible, but when under a microscope they are a very real presence, latching onto midichlorians in an observable manner, and colonising them. Feeding off of the midichlorians and other microbes found nominally within the body. The Chernil'borg strain however is special in the sense that when examined during its breeding phase, it secretes radiation at high doses. While individually at 0.2 Roentgen/per second, as they multiply and spread that number jumps up. With one captive Jedi being exposed to 3000 roentgen/per second before obviously dying.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: None required.
  • Average Height of Adults: 0.01 micrometers
  • Average Length of Adults: 0.25 Micrometers.
  • Skin color: N/A
  • Hair color: None.
  • Distinctions: The Ravenous are identified by the fact they are found feasting on midichlorians, and can be easily identified by their bulbous nature upon them. That, and once they begin duplicating they secrete gamma radiation. This however has drastic changes on the hosts physiology as the gamma radiation is only compounded as exposure continues.
  • Races: None.
  • Force Sensitivity: None.
Strengths:
  • Quick Breeders: The Chernil'borg are able to asexually reproduce, and often do so very quickly, managing to manifest themselves in observably 99.999 recurring percent of all midichlorians found in sentient and non-sentient fauna with force sensitivity.
  • Superspreader: The Ravenous can live outside, hibernating or dormant outside of a body in the right conditions.
  • Force Sensitivity: With force sensitives carrying more midichlorians than other animals are more vulnerable to the ravenous. Experiment results with high density midichlorians have displayed that in animals with higher counts show increased reproductive rates as the Chernil'borg rapidly try to colonise every cell.
  • Quick Killer: Although not weaponised yet in any real way, the Chernil'borg microbe is thought to have great potential. Enough of them stuck in you, being able to colonise and increase the gamma radiaiton exponentially, it’s potential is unmatched.
Weaknesses:
  • Horrifying Subjects: While the Ravenous killed several test subjects incidentally, all those exposed to the Chernil'borg strain perished. Nominally of radiation sickness within a matter of just a few hours to low exposure. The teams were genuinely shaken when they noted how quickly the skin burned and peeled, how flesh began to melt from bone and blood vessels tore open, and all body hair shed within minutes.
  • Dirty Conditions: The Chernil'borg can only really exist in dirty or organic conditions. So in the bloodstream or water. Sterile conditions kill it.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Carnivorous, as they feast on other microbes and bacteria that nest on midichlorians.
  • Communication: The Chernil’borg do not communicate, except for when they are introduced to a body. Once there, the microbes will join forces, and seem to in sync colonise the midichlorians within the body. Eating the parasites which rest on midichlorians.
  • Technology level: None.
  • Religion/Beliefs: None.
  • General behaviour: The Chernil'borg have two observable behaviours. Breeding and feeding. They feed on the microorganisms found in the body. But have been known to halt their feeding on their host midichlorian, in order to allow regeneration.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
With the development of the Type 1: Ravenous Grenades and the accompanying microbe, Project RUUSAN began to theorise new ways to weaponize their precious microbe. Acidity, conductivity with electronics, psychic attacks and radiation were all considered. But radiation was the one they had success with. Colonel Doctor Ludwig Stiegel was put in charge of radiation therapies for the microbe in an attempt to weaponise it. While it took some time, exposure to mutagens and intense gamma radiation yielded results. A small microbe which when breeding, could secrete gamma radiation. And the radiation increased as the microbe spread. This strain was thus named after one of the lesser deities in Pa’Deshi folklore, Chernil’borg, Avatar of Suffering.

Initially this was an issue as it entirely contaminated and destroyed the vat of purrgill blood Stiegel and his research team were using. However, able to recreate the conditions, they had a viable supply. Unlike the Ravenous where death and injury was less, visceral, those who were exposed to Chernil’borg wee more aesthetically exposed. With one microdosed exposure, as in one of the Chernil’borg put through the bloodstream, subjects died within nine hours. And as the Chernil’borg bred inside, multiplying the effects were grim.

Hair loss within the first hour. Followed by skin irritation part way through the second. By the end of the third, burns. Blistering, and then finally peeling. Flesh began to decay, and muscle structure collapsed at mid way through the fourth, rendering the subjects unable to stand. Then came the blood veins began to to burst at the end of the fifth. From there it was a slow decline until ultimate demise.

Subjects survivability really depended on their physical capacity. Most Younglings, Padawans or Apprentices exposed to the Chernil’borg died within three hours. A typical strength Jedi, or Sith after eight to nine. The strongest of the subjects, a former member of Darth Carnifex’s personal guard, died at eleven hours. Still that was with a minimal dosage. Seeing as to the effectiveness of it, Project RUUSAN’s head, Major General Kessler, with the approval of Admiral Regent Rausgeber, authorised the mass manufacture of the Chernil’borg, pending the development of a new weapon to be provided.

Prefsbelt Commander Prefsbelt Commander

I've been trying to think of a way to explain the issues that cropped up in the simplest way possible, but, these submissions have a lot of meat on them. My concerns boil down to the fact that this very well could be misconstrued as a superweapon. I think it may just be some of the wording, but, I'm uncertain and that may mean that it impacts all of the related submissions. If this is the case we run into several issues:

1.) A weaponized virus belongs in the Factory, not the Codex.​
2.) Superweapons belong in the Factory - Not, the Codex.​
3.) Superweapons may not be submitted without Site Staff permission unless it fits within the parameters of Annihilation Rules.​

I understand the intent, I think. But the way they're described doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room and it could also be read as an auto-hit.

Per the Wookie:

"Midi-chlorians were intelligent microscopic life-forms that lived symbiotically inside the cells of all living things."

"Midi-chlorians were intelligent microscopic lifeforms that served as organelles within all living cells, existing in a symbiotic relationship with the beings they inhabited and comprising a collective consciousness among themselves. Present in all life, midi-chlorians were isomorphic on every planet that supported life. Midi-chlorians, in fact, were necessary for life to exist. ."

Per Your Submission:

• Average Lifespan: No life span. It hibernates rather than dies.
  • Estimated Population: Rare
  • Description: Microscopic parasite would be the term to describe the Badishahahal’curazi. To the naked eye, they are invisible, but when under a microscope they are a very real presence, latching onto midichlorians in an observable manner, and colonising them. Feeding off of the midichlorians and other microbes found nominally within the body. The Chernil'borg strain however is special in the sense that when examined during its breeding phase, it secretes radiation at high doses. While individually at 0.2 Roentgen/per second, as they multiply and spread that number jumps up. With one captive Jedi being exposed to 3000 roentgen/per second before obviously dying.
Strengths:
  • Quick Breeders: The Chernil'borg are able to asexually reproduce, and often do so very quickly, managing to manifest themselves in observably 99.999 recurring percent of all midichlorians found in sentient and non-sentient fauna with force sensitivity.
  • Superspreader: The Ravenous can live outside, hibernating or dormant outside of a body in the right conditions.
  • Force Sensitivity: With force sensitives carrying more midichlorians than other animals are more vulnerable to the ravenous. Experiment results with high density midichlorians have displayed that in animals with higher counts show increased reproductive rates as the Chernil'borg rapidly try to colonise every cell.
  • Quick Killer: Although not weaponised yet in any real way, the Chernil'borg microbe is thought to have great potential. Enough of them stuck in you, being able to colonise and increase the gamma radiaiton exponentially, it’s potential is unmatched.

Without even getting into the radiation it exudes, which, is an issue all on its own - Without nitpicking every sentence - We have to acknowledge that midi-chlorians are present in ALL living things. The parasites go after midi-chlorians in general, with a reproduction rate that increases exponentially, don't die, and without any true weaknesses or anything that slows it down.

This leads to a notion that if left unchecked in a rather rapid timeframe they could consume a planet of all life. That - Is a superweapon.

Weaknesses:
  • Horrifying Subjects: While the Ravenous killed several test subjects incidentally, all those exposed to the Chernil'borg strain perished. Nominally of radiation sickness within a matter of just a few hours to low exposure. The teams were genuinely shaken when they noted how quickly the skin burned and peeled, how flesh began to melt from bone and blood vessels tore open, and all body hair shed within minutes.
  • Dirty Conditions: The Chernil'borg can only really exist in dirty or organic conditions. So in the bloodstream or water. Sterile conditions kill it.

These really aren't weaknesses. Not for something that seems so incredibly strong. Killing its subjects seems to be lending to the lethality of it, which, means it's functioning (perhaps not as designed) but as a weapon, it's surely effective. They can only exist in "poor" conditions but there are tens of thousands of backwater worlds and organic habitats that could house it. If anything - It's a minor inconvenience.

There are a few things I can suggest to tone it down (such as adding a half-life, etc) but if you're submitting even slightly weaponized versions it those need to go to the Factory - Not the Codex. We don't have the necessary balancing portions built into our template as they do. The base "Species" should definitely be in the Codex...I'm just not sure about the others. And, I'm unsure about the overall intent.

Please let me know your thoughts when you have time. Thank you again, for your patience.

"There is no happiness under the crimson sun...."
Well how about this. I add a weakness, that it can only breed once inside organisms. And that it can't spread unless applied through direct exposure. Like say a injection, or an inhalation of it through a gaseous state. And it will die off shortly after exposure to the outside world and cannot breed outside of the bloodstream, or the containers it's stored in for weaponization.

As to your point on superweapons, I can understand the trepidation. But what if I said something like, "Factory submissions using the Project RUUSAN Chernil'borg codex sub are not to use them as superweapons . Use it only as intended with a PvP against Forcer User focus which is the spirit this is written in" But it is not the intent to make this some superweapon. In fact, I'm actually rn working on the superweapon variant. Which is the Chernil'borg on steroids.

As a sort of secondary point, I don't the factory itself adequately provides for this in any of its templates. And I'll be the first to admit we have entered a ambiguous grey area. But I would consider the fact it's been applied in factory submissions, as the basis for a weapons system, that the status quo at least regarding the codex sub remains.

It'd be like if I wrote a more conventional species submission. Like, say some rancor on steroids. Some unique/special variant with the intention to use it in PvP. I'd use the species creation area. And then, I would say if I'm making a gun for it. Or armour or whatever factory, which are attached to the creature. I would link to the creature. The animal on a base level does not need a submission within the factory on that basis.

And look finally, just for curiosities sake, has this re-review of the submission been brought up because of abuses in RP?

Srina Talon Srina Talon

Prefsbelt Commander Prefsbelt Commander

I'm just addressing each item as I move down your response so it'll be broken down into workable parts.

Well how about this. I add a weakness, that it can only breed once inside organisms. And that it can't spread unless applied through direct exposure. Like say a injection, or an inhalation of it through a gaseous state. And it will die off shortly after exposure to the outside world and cannot breed outside of the bloodstream, or the containers it's stored in for weaponization.
That's a solid start to eliminating it from "superweapon" territory, which, is my largest concern. As it stands it literally can wipe out all life on a planet with what appears to be minimal effort and deadly precision. Providing a counter in which this can be flushed from the system and or treated would also be ideal. In this fashion, the level of radiation also shouldn't be so out of control because flora shouldn't be affected if it requires the bloodstream to survive. That's probably the key thing to include because midi-chlorians are in every living thing. This limits the targets. From what I understand radiation sickness itself cannot spread from person to person, unless, their clothing is contaminated or there is some sort of external contact. Keeping with that - I would also suggest adding a specific notation that this parasite does not override that and that it cannot be spread from person to person, even, through bodily fluids.

The radiation by itself isn't bad. The parasite, by itself, isn't bad. It's the combination, the breeding, and the current wording.

As to your point on superweapons, I can understand the trepidation. But what if I said something like, "Factory submissions using the Project RUUSAN Chernil'borg codex sub are not to use them as superweapons . Use it only as intended with a PvP against Forcer User focus which is the spirit this is written in" But it is not the intent to make this some superweapon. In fact, I'm actually rn working on the superweapon variant. Which is the Chernil'borg on steroids.

You can 100% add a notation to try and give fellow writers a heads up, but, I would still suggest the changes above. It's important to remember that a species submission (unless unique) can be used by anyone on the site, no holds barred, so the "intent" should be clear for anyone else that picks it up. At the moment it's not all that obvious, which, was why I had to ask. Often, writers will be using your species submissions as written and won't realize what you actually intended unless it's explicitly stated. So, definitely not a bad thought.

As a sort of secondary point, I don't the factory itself adequately provides for this in any of its templates. And I'll be the first to admit we have entered a ambiguous grey area. But I would consider the fact it's been applied in factory submissions, as the basis for a weapons system, that the status quo at least regarding the codex sub remains.

I'm a little confused on some of this, but, I can see what you mean by a grey area. It's 100% true that a virus, parasite, bacteria, etc. can most definitely start as a Codex Species. So, the initial non-weaponized species is fine. If these particular variants are "non-weaponized" that is also fine. But the moment you place it into an injector, a syringe, a gas form, a gun, a bullet, a canister, or anything where it becomes a "weapon" to be used if it is to be codified that does need to be in the Factory.

Depending on what you've already used it for (if this can't be tweaked) you can always put through a few Submission Modifications to bring anything necessary up to speed. Myself and John Locke check those requests fairly frequently so the "turn around" isn't too unreasonable.

It'd be like if I wrote a more conventional species submission. Like, say some rancor on steroids. Some unique/special variant with the intention to use it in PvP. I'd use the species creation area. And then, I would say if I'm making a gun for it. Or armour or whatever factory, which are attached to the creature. I would link to the creature. The animal on a base level does not need a submission within the factory on that basis.

I think this goes with what I said above. It might just be the wording of "weaponized" in these submissions that keeps raising red flags. It does mention it several times, plus, it's been tested on subjects which means within this submission, somehow, it's already been placed in some sort of delivery system. Just because it hasn't been used in PVP yet doesn't mean it isn't a weapon. Viruses, Parasites, etc, that can be contained in this way are a little bit different than an NPC Rancor and need to be reviewed with both Codex and Factory in mind. It takes a little doing but we just need to "dig" and see where the divide for this submission actually is.

Bottom line - Is this a weapon, or, is the word "weaponized" misleading us in regards to the submission?

And look finally, just for curiosities sake, has this re-review of the submission been brought up because of abuses in RP?

It has not been abused in RP that I know of, however, with the possibility of a superweapon and the fact that it may be in the wrong section entirely it becomes something I need to re-review regardless. If it was just a small "balance" issue I wouldn't have worried too much but there's quite a bit more than that. You'll notice that I don't pull submissions frequently, or, without legitimate concern - Which is why it took me a moment to respond.

I think I addressed everything you mentioned, but, feel free to ask questions about anything I might have been unclear on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom