Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Private Evolutions

Nimdok let out a snort. “Yeah, I gotta hand that one to you. Academia is far from perfect. There’s too much close-mindedness in the universities, not enough diversity of thought.” Granted, he was no spotless saintly victim of an intolerant intelligentsia in the eyes of the University of Alderaan’s faculty. In addition to his unorthodox scholarship, he’d met the woman he would eventually marry when she enrolled in one of his classes. There are rules against falling in love with your students in the handbook, professor, and that B minus on her report card looks very out of place among all those Cs and Ds. Could it have been all that private tutoring?...

“Seems like every major center of learning is guilty of it at some point," he went on, clearing his throat. "Not too long ago I attended a conference in which it was briefly suggested that the New Jedi Order destroy all the Sith knowledge they had in their archives, as a ‘safety precaution’ for their students. Now, those guys have since turned out to be a bunch of rabid zealots, so it doesn’t surprise me anymore that they would even consider such a thing, but at the time I was appalled. So were several of the Jedi themselves. And I’m sure that if a Jedi walked into a Sith academy and tried to teach them the ways of the Jedi, they’d be just as scorned by the majority.”

His gaze flicked over towards Shaye. He didn’t have any true understanding of what was going on in her head, but he sensed her anger whenever she drew upon it for power. Truth be told, he couldn’t relate. His rage had always been a non-sustainable resource. Even during the most difficult, frustrating, infuriating periods of his life, he knew he couldn’t wallow in it forever. Not as long as there were people counting on him.

While the others conversed and/or trained, Nimdok stood there awkwardly. He waited until there was a break in the discussion before asking, “Could you point me in the direction of the library? I feel like I'm spoiling the mood here. I'll be a whole lot less obnoxious if I have something to read, I promise.”

For some odd reason, Illian felt extremely compassionate toward Shaye Ares Shaye Ares . Even more so than when he had met @Darth Petrichor. He deduced it was because he was, in some ways, still in the same level as her. Even more so considering it was not to long ago he had began to learn about the force and its mysteries. In many ways, there were similar. Like her, he had not made a formal choice, even after meeting some of the foremost experts in their respective philosophies.

In the same way Avalore Avalore and @Ashin Carde Varanin had been patient with him, he would be patient with her. He had learned the hard way on numerous occasions how a combative, confrontational approach was not a beneficial learning approach. And with Shaye, it was a perfect time for him to see how good of a teacher he could be. Well, if he would ever be a full-time one at least.

Looking at her face, he could tell the doubt plagued her mind. A private man, he attempted to move some meters from Maestus Maestus , Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok , and the rest of the group. He wasn't one to tell some of his life experiences, but he was willing to do so here.

At least on this once.

"My first time I trained with her, I nearly burned my hand. I had to have some amulet thing help me. I think it enhanced my connection to the force." he said.

"That was how bad I was, and I still have a long way to go." He thought about how he lost his.. Well, there was no point thinking about it. He wasn't going to go that deep into his struggles.

"Don't think you have to get all the basics down at first. I never did. Not even some greats did. The work-ethic is what will make you ascend to where you want to go."

Chuckling, he continued.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to sound like a self-improvement book. Back to your question. Yes. Its kind of like putting wood in a fire. In this instance, your feelings are the wood, your belief, the fire, and the smoke is the force. But in my own opinion, feelings are only so good in setting up a foundation. What you need is a goal, or a vision of what you want to do. I find that to be the best thing for me." he stated.

ChVAW7n.png

Maestus listened to Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok give his account of training.
What you are describing, the watered down style of training....Where everyone gets a trophy for participating.....Is no way to ensure the survival of the Sith. Have we been perfect in our history? Absolutely not. But to willing allow the weak and frail to continue or even worse, lead....Is to ask for our utter destruction.

In my opinion, the Jedi have made that mistake time and time again. Peace breeds stagnation. Lack of progress. Lack of vision. Lack of strength. Not everyone can or should be a Sith. Or a jedi.

She shook her head. Her emotions were barely restrained right now. She was hearing things that made no sense to her. Not with the brief home life she had. Not with what she had experienced upon leaving Ryloth. Not with the training she had endured since entering her master's service.

Her teeth ground for a second, then she turned to Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin .

Simply for my own self eccentricities, I would give my apprentice more information. Some true, some false. I want to see them learn for themselves, yet guided by me. If I have to break them down, and teach them how to lace their boots, I have no time for such creatures. I will see my apprentice is taught and guided. Pushed and challenged. Weakness and mediocrity will not be accepted.

I will force my apprentice into unpleasant and unusual situations. There is no training matrix to be followed. It must be designed for the individual. There is no One Size Fits All Path to Becoming a Sith. A credit to my Master, he is inventive in his training. Shoving me off a cliff on Mustafar, I was forced to save myself or die. That I will continue when I take an apprentice.

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows

LoWzPxz.png

Ashin got a good chuckle.

"You're both earnest believers in radically incompatible ways," she said to Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok and Maestus Maestus . "What I hope I've built here on the Pomojema is a place where you can challenge and refine those beliefs, perhaps adopt new perspectives By all means, go avail yourselves of the library and all the training facilities. You're guests for now; if this place suits you, perhaps you'll learn here, or teach. If you opt to leave, no hard feelings or memory wipes or tacit threats. Go on - wander the halls, sample what our academy has to offer."

LoWzPxz.png

Shaye arched a brow at Illian when he admitted that he'd nearly burnt his hand training with Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin . Ah, yes, the Master had mentioned at the market that he'd put his hand through fire. Most probably would not have spoken of their faults like this, and she secretly appreciated the gesture. And when he expanded to answer her question, she took in the words.

“Thanks,” she murmured with a nod.

Being a natural at something didn't necessarily mean being gifted. It was something she'd have to remember. “I think I'm starting to get it.” Was she really? Well, she'd have to see. The explanation definitely made sense, it was just putting it all to practice, like stretching muscles that'd never been used before.

“I'll give it another shot.” Shaye stepped back and looked at the piece of metal again. This time, she clenched and un-clenched her hands repeatedly, preparing her mind for another try. She let her eyes close. Instinctively, she started to tap into that place again – the tender, angry spot in her heart and it pulsed in response. Shaye wasn't a quitter; not even when life got her really down, and she was determined to succeed today.

She wanted to succeed, yes, but she needed to – greedily – to prove it to herself. And maybe that was part of the key. Her jaw clenched, and she pictured the piece of scrap in Illian's hand and began to let the flow take over. Her will went to it, lifting the metal out of his grasp – enough to let it hover for a moment before dropping.

A hand came up to wipe her brow; she was sweating. But she'd just blame it on the heat of the chamber.

Illian Dragos Illian Dragos

"Good, good." Nodding in affirmation, the young squire saw her perseverance. It reminded him of when he had trained with Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor , the only difference being she had done it much more quicker than he had.

In a sense, she was a mirror rreflection of him. Having felt her emotions through the force, he could tell they both had something to prove. Something to live for. Where as he didn't know her goals, for him, it was a simple goal: to survive.

"I have a few more tricks I can teach you, but if your tired, I can call it a day." he said. It was a challenge, one he hoped Shaye Ares Shaye Ares would answer.

Then again, there was no shame in taking a rest. There were many times a rested mind and body were better than tiring yourself out quickly.

Assuming she did, Illian would jump up higher than most. "You were able to call on the force with your hands, now you must do it with your legs. It's the same process really as before."

Shaye answered Illian's challenge with a furrowed brow. “I'm not tired,” she said, thought it was a half-truth, she wasn't about to back down now. She wasn't some delicate lily flower that needed looking after.

Her eyes followed as Illian pulled his legs up into a jump, his motion taking him much higher than she'd ever thought possible. The force, as she was now learning, was quite versatile. She'd just done it a moment ago, using the force to move the piece of metal. Her confidence was climbing.

“Okay,” she nodded, attempting an athletic stance with legs slightly bent. She drew a couple of deep breaths as she tried to prepare her body and mind for what was to come. This was all so new, after all. Tapping into the same source of energy as before, she attempted to push it into her legs. Her first attempt didn't amount to much more than a standard jump, but as she continued to try, she found herself gaining height with each that followed.

Shaye felt herself almost flying – not really, but it felt that way. But, she didn't think to apply the same method to landing... and after her last jump she felt her legs give way. And she fell back onto the hard floor of the chamber with a thud. “Oof.”

Illian Dragos Illian Dragos

ChVAW7n.png

Maestus looked at Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin as she spoke. She felt herself open minded yet secure in her beliefs, to have her beliefs challenged. Perhaps there was a different valid point of view. But did that mean her Master was wrong? Or worse, misguided? Surely not.

But...if he was wrong, then could he also be wrong about other matters? Perhaps Maestus wasn't as ready to challenge her beliefs as she thought. She could feel the anger rising within her. That fire that always started burning in her heart when something was not as it should be.

Control it. She told herself those words, and took a deep breath before speaking to Ashin.

Your hospitality is appreciated, Master Varanin. Now, if you will excuse me...

Maestus turned towards the direction of the library and stalked off as she and her anger had a battle for control.

Nimdok made a humming sound of approval. "I think I already thanked you for your hospitality earlier, but if I didn't, you have my thanks, Master Varanin. By your leave."

Maestus Maestus seemed quite upset after the conversation ended and stormed off. Unfortunately, she headed in the same direction Nimdok did, entering the library in order to sulk. He was content to leave her alone, turning his attention to the books and files on display. The archives appeared to consist of a mix of both familiar, popular titles with more obscure volumes. There were quite a few he had never heard of, among them The Way of the Monolith, which jumped out at him after he saw the name of the author.

"Written by Ashin Varanin herself," he muttered under his breath. Opening the holobook, he flicked through it and found it to be a combat manual. Less well-versed in the fighting styles of the Jedi and Sith than he was in their history and philosophy, Nimdok was only mildly interested in the subject matter, and that primarily because his host had penned it. "'The Way of the Monolith aims to armor the mind and spirit. The Way is not just how to become resilient and even indestructible, but when and why'... Hm. 'I just wanna go the distance'?..."

Illian reached out his hand if she needed it, although he doubted that would be the case.

"If you want to try again, I'll help you cushion your landing with telekinesis." he stated. "Then again, I don't think you need my help. I could teach you how to move faster, but if you can jump high, I don't think you'll need my help. The same principles are there really, it's only the direction that's the problem."

He looked for Maestus Maestus and Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok , but he couldn't feel their presence. It seemed they'd gone somewhere else.

"Well, I don't think there's really anything more I can teach you. Unless your up for some small talk. Be careful here though. There are a lot of Sith here after all."

Shaye Ares Shaye Ares

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom