Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Certain Point of View...

Dagobah: undisclosed location (swamp)

The air was thicker than usual today, as was the smell of the swamp, not that it meant much to Darth Petrichor. The Sith lord sat on a large rock, meditating on the nature around him. Through the Force, he was able to form a bubble around himself, pushing the mist away and (for the most part) the pungent stench of the surrounding bog. He hadn't been to the planet in quite some time. Too long, perhaps. There was a certain level of clarity provided by being in a place so strong with the Force.

Ah, yes, clarity. Sweet, pure focus.

At least, until he felt another energy. A strong one. Unrefined, but strong. Intriguing.

Petrichor maintained his meditation as the stranger approached. Without looking, he spoke from behind the mask.

"You have come a long way. Tell me, what brings you to this part of the galaxy?"

Illian Dragos Illian Dragos

He could feel it. It was as if he had arrived at a force nexus. Dagobah was where the force met in balance. In comparison to when he had first felt the dark side, the young squire only had one word to describe his experience: purity. There was no corruption, or dark side nexus; it was as if a baby had been born. This was the perfect place where he could attune himself and become one with the force, if he at least held to the dogmatic views of the Jedi and Sith.

So far, he had only read what he had only learned about the dark-side from his own experience, and from his own studies. He knew a bit of Sith philosophy, and he had been exposed to the view of the Nightsisters first hand. As he had often said, the only way you can be able to learn about something is through experience. And he was here, meeting Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor for that specific purpose.

How he had discovered the Sith Lord was here was something that could be explained another time. What mattered was the Squire had come to learn. He came to seek knowledge, to seek other perspectives to mold his own mindset. It also helped that one of his rivals, Lavria Xedrim was a Sith. How they acted would allow him to enter into her mind, a key advantage in any battle of wills.

"To learn. I seek to understand the dark side, to learn about the ways of the Sith. And to grow. That is why I am here."

Petrichor smiled behind his mask.

"Ah yes, knowledge. Understanding. Truly the most noble of endeavors."

He finally broke his concentration, moving from the boulder to face this new potential pupil.

"To learn is truly the greatest goal one can assert themselves to."

He walked around the stranger, attempting to get a feel for the man. The Force gave no strong pull, at least, not in a particular direction. His path was largely undecided. Something that most Sith might be perturbed by in an apprentice, but a quality that Petrichor thought priceless. He took one more moment to take the energy in.

"Tell me, what do you know of the dark side?"

He took a moment to reassess his statement.

"What do you know of the Sith?"

Illian Dragos Illian Dragos

He could see the meditative stance Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor had been in. Looking at his mask, he wondered who he was truly speaking to. Despite the purity of Dagobah, Illian only knew there was a dark presence here. It was still difficult for him to sense other force signatures. However, in time, that difficulty would lessen.

Standing with his legs apart, his eyes looked at Petrichor's white mask. Looking around, the fledgling force user saw a boulder, and sat down, his hands moving in a downward motion to get a feel of the environment. He had never been in a forest world, especially one as big as this. Certainly, Dagobah was one place to remember, and he would return again soon.

Considering Petrichor's question, he wondered the best manner in which to answer it.

"Only a first-hand experience, and what I can get from the library. When I felt it, it was as if I was being choked, and I had to fight for my life. It attempted to seize me, but I fought against it, and survived. I've never felt that instance before. Regarding the Sith, I only know a brief account: how they were founded, and major figures such as Vitiate, Sadow, to Sidious, and some of the current figures search as the House of Zambrano." he said.

"But I wonder if this is true: I have read a different perspective on the force. In contrast to what I believe are dualities where there is a light, and dark, there are those that appear to believe the force is one. There is no dark, or light side. What do you say to those that hold search a position?"

He admired the curiosity of the man standing before him. Many had come to him through the years. Some seeking power or prestige. Many of them failed to see the facts laid before them...

Truth is the only ultimate goal. Clarity is the only worthwhile pursuit.

The Sith turned, looking toward the stranger.

"Yes, the pull of the dark side is indeed strong. Intoxicating, even. It is easy to feel throttled by the pull. This is out of fear."

He began to calmly pace as he spoke.

"There is an old Jedi adage regarding the dark side. Let's pull this apart and look at it more deeply. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering. The truth of this is thus..."

He stopped, looking again toward the man before him.

"Fear only exists out of lack of acceptance. One who does not accept the presence of the dark side will inevitably find themselves at odds with it. This will generate a level of frustration within the self. That is the throttling feeling you experienced."

Petrichor took a step forward, hands behind his back.

"Those who don't bend, will inevitably break. They will either buckle under the developing hate, or they will cripple themselves by completely denying the dark side. Either way, you will end up suffering. The Sith suffer. The Jedi suffer. All who deny the reality of the Force suffer."

The Sith lord took another step forward.

"The Sith pride themselves on their strength, power, and rage, but they have become lost. They have drowned in their desire for more, and have lost sight of what truly matters. On the other hand, there are indeed those whom you have mentioned. I find that they are often closer to the truth, although they still tend to push the darkness away more than they should. But then again, balance is a difficult thing to achieve."

Petrichor turned away from the man before him.

"Tell me, what do you feel? What do you truly feel? Pain? Frustration? Joy?"

Illian listened Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor 's elucidation. He pondered each sentence that was uttered. As he grew in knowledge, Illian had also discovered the historic Jedi perspective to be one-sided. He could not make a conclusive decision, but at the moment, that was his apprehension.

"If the Sith hold the truth, or at least historically have, why do they deny the light side as well?"

Pulling his leg up while leaning on a tree, he began to elaborate.

"Your explanation makes sense, but I don't understand why the entire history of the order is seen as a war for 'victory over the dark side'. I understand there are political, and philosophical reasons as well, but from what I've gathered, that's the central core of their crusade against the Jedi, for the dark-side to prevail. Why do each orders adhere to a dualistic understanding? Instead of just looking at something as a whole, in this case the whole being the force."

It made more sense to him to see the force as one. Perhaps that was why he had a neutral alignment. Then again, nothing was ever set in stone. He had learned that the hard way with the death of his family.

The question posited toward him was interesting. Illian had never been one to reflect on how he felt, but he had done it more frequently than he'd liked to admit. Why the Darth wanted to know was the true question.

"Why do you seek to know how I feel" He'd learn from the Solanacae that there were often different motives as to why, and he wasn't about to reveal his feelings to a stranger. At least, not if there was not any true benefit if he'd answered the question.

From behind his mask, Petrichor couldn't help but to smile.

"Ah, you are asking the right questions. The Sith hold the answers, but have forgotten them. Their existence is one of rebellion. To every action is an equal and opposite reaction. The very existence of the Jedi Order, the very idea that one must only practice one aspect of the Force while repressing another, throws things out of balance. The Sith are a representation of the Force attempting to fix this imbalance."

Petrichor sat on a fallen tree across from Illian Dragos Illian Dragos as he continued.

"Both sides only accept one aspect of this duality, but make no mistake... there is a duality. What matters is how these sides intersect and become one singular idea. This is where both fail in their understanding."

He was very intrigued by Illian's response to the question. Answering a question with a question... a clever tactic. It was growing very clear that Petrichor was dealing with one who does not trust easily. A sentiment that he understood all too well.

"You see, even as a critic of their methods, I am still Sith. This is because there is truth to be found in darkness. Would you rather fight against the reality of emotion, or accept it and work to understand how it functions? There are many ways to not be consumed by the dark side, but it takes practice, patience, and time. The dark side feeds on your emotions, and the first step to understanding that relationship is acknowledging your own feelings. The Jedi often associate things such as sorrow, hate, and jealousy with the dark side, and they are correct in that association. But there are other things, such as love, joy, and loyalty, which are also very much a part of it. After all, one can not make truly great artistic works without passion. One can not protect others without love for life. The Jedi deny themselves these feelings, and yet claim to be protectors of the galaxy. So I ask you this question, because you seek answers, and the answers already reside within you. The path to truth resides in the self."

Illian was satisfied with certain parts of Petrichor's explanation. On the other hand, considering his other statements, particularly on the duality of the force, the young squire was left disappointed.

"How do we know there is a duality?"

Standing up and sitting on a more comfortable position, he continued to speak.

"From my own studies, certainly there are beings who have existed who were able to access both sides of the force. Particularly among the Jedi as well. I thought the New Jedi Order abandoned the ideals of the Old one. Isn't that why they policy of non-marriage has been largely rescinded? They are allowed to form attachments."

For him, the New Jedi Order were an interesting group. But it appeared, at least from his perspective, they had focused their charge so much on the Sith that many of them had forgotten about other parts of the galaxy that still suffered, his own home planet for instance. It was one of the reasons he liked the Confederacy, another reason being the Knights Obsidian permitted different perspectives of the force to be practiced if a common cause was permitted. He preferred that to the restrictive understanding the Jedi had.

Closing his eyes, Illian spent a few moments reflecting on himself. He remembered his meeting with the Nightmother, how he was introduced to the Confederacy, as well as his parents death. Reflecting on this moments, as well as on his training with Ashin, there were a few emotions that kept coming up. Fear, because he did not wish to die so easily and lose the freedom he had acquired; he also felt a sense of loss because of the loss of his parents death, and a deep longing for someone to replace them; anger and rage at his lack of power to stop such a tragedy; and lastly, sorrow and hate as to how he had been introduced. He also felt a strong desire of revenge at Lavria, especially after what she had done to him. Illian was fortunate to be an Epicanthix; despite the change in his demeanour, his thoughts were blocked from mental intrusion, the neutral man's past staying only within himself.

As he clutched his hands to make a fist, Illian could feel an intense desire to lash out. His muscles had become tense, and his facial demeanor had changed. This was why he hated attempting to reflect on his journey. It made him lose concentration, at least momentarily.

Illian recollected himself, having learned his lesson from his meeting with Vytal, he looked back at Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor , the man behind the mask. Attempting to reach through the force, he could feel some part of Petrichor's force signature. It was weird to explain, but he got the feeling not to trust the man himself, a pervading thought that echoed continuously in his mind.

"Fear, rage, sorrow, anger, and a sense of loss. That is what I feel."

Petrichor could see that the man before him was searching for answers. Answers to very, very big questions. Such was a mind that the Sith lord was all too familiar with. He let out a small chuckle as he spoke.

"You know, you remind me a little of myself, or at least, a version of myself that existed long ago. I understand the search for balance and knowledge that you so clearly possess. I will tell you now, it is a long road, and possibly one with no destination."

He took a moment to reflect on that last statement. Even through all his years of learning, Petrichor was still unsure if even he had discovered the end of this path.

"To answer your question, yes, there are those who walk the line. In fact, more do so than one would think. Many of those that do don't even realize it. And yes, there are those among the Jedi who have made progress in understanding this. This, however, does not free them from their own shackles."

His voice grew slightly louder as he continued.

"How many years have they devoted themselves to eradicating the Sith? How long have they been shackled to the weight of an endless vendetta that will clearly never cease as long as it is pursued?"

Petrichor let out a deep sigh.

"The Jedi have always allowed attachments. They have an attachment to duty, to service, and above all, to their crusade against the Sith. You ask how I can claim that this duality exists in the Force. I'll tell you now, it will continue to exist so long as these two sides remain as they are. As for the nature of the Force itself, well... lets just say that there are things I have seen that show me this duality."

He took a moment to lift his hand, raising two distinct chunks of mud and dirt. He swirled them back and forth, merging them with each other and then back apart.

"The light and dark exist in a constant ebb and flow. Alone, they exist in a perfect symbiotic relationship. But, just like these chunks of dirt, they exist as separate entities. That being said..."

He let them fall to the ground.

"In the end, all of the dirt is dirt. All of the Force is the Force, but can exist both as one and as two. The duality both does and does not exist. The Force exists at an intersection of two paths between light and darkness. We are only drops of life passing through the middle."

Petrichor stopped speaking as Illian Dragos Illian Dragos began to tense up, taking a moment to observe as the man spoke.

"Fear, rage, sorrow, anger, loss... yes, I can sense this. I can also sense your hesitance to reflect on these. It is admirable of you to hold it back, but this will only hold you back in the end."

Many former students had failed him when he confronted them with this process. Then again, was this man a new student? Perhaps. Petrichor was unsure if this newcomer would accept his tutelage. He was, however, quite determined to find out.

"These emotions are as natural as they are inevitable. They will come and go, regardless of the path you choose. But when the dust settles, how will you approach them? Will you prefer to push them away? Would you deny yourself the growth and wisdom of pain and suffering?"

He took a moment to let the words sink in.

"There is more than one way to peace, and some are harder than others. I have found that the most wisdom comes from the most difficult roads, and you too must be prepared for this reality if you truly seek the truth."

"You are correct.", nodding in agreement.

"Personally, I see no point in engaging in a historical conflict such as this. The Sith will return, and the Jedi will fall, and reemerge stronger than they once war. It's a pointless struggle." Letting out a sigh, the young squire gowned in disappointment.

"On the other hand, there is also a need to engage with their empire which commits genocide. There are some Sith I've read about who such as Darth Malgus, were not supremacists and were against genocides of alien species. From their perspective, it was foolish to leave a resource unwasted. I don't know if you follow the Empire, but they've killed Mandalorians. On the other hand, it appears that the previous successors and predecessors of the Alliance have also been morally inferior at times."

There was a small pebble next to him. Illian then threw it toward a pond, and a small ripple could be observed.

"Look at the pond, and look at the ripple that is observed. There could be what appears to be two opposing forces, yet, the outcome is still the same. And the material that is used that appears to have a duality, is actually a whole. In this case, the water is the force, and the stone, a follower of a wholistic perspective, and not the dualistic one of light, and dark. The ripple is the power the person can generate by accepting a balance between the two. Why cage yourself to one side, when you can follow both? That is what I never understand when reading the history of your enemies, and your brethen."

Illian wasn't someone who was a scholar. He knew that he could be wrong, but there were two things to his advantage: one, the Confederacy hosted Nightsisters, Sith, and Jedi among their ranks. He had inquired among each of them; the head of the Nightsisters gave him his best answer. To him at least, the Jedi and Sith's perspectives had proven unsatisfactory. Secondly, while a fledgling force user, he knew the fact that he had never been raised as a Sith, or Jedi permitted him to not have been indoctrinated from birth. He was fresh water that was uncorrupted. Even now, he had not made a firm decision, but he was leaning closer to the perspective he had just attempted to elucidate.

Despite this, Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor was correct. He needed to focus on his emotions. Illian's rage and anger could serve him well in battle. When the Dark Heretic had spoken about hiding his emotions, he remembering Ashin's advice to him about using his rage and anger to advance further in his abilities. The Philosopher of Darkness's later explanations made him decide to open up a bit more, but he still knew not to reveal to much about his pas.

Remembering his hatred for Lavria, he knew he would need all the motivation he could get to fight the Apprentice of the head of the Confederacy. And then there was continuing his family, and then... Illian had many goas, but he had a difficult goal ahead. He was fortunate to have had a tough childhood, it gave him a foundation to work on.

"Tell me about your path then. How have your sufferings shaped who you are?"

Petrichor couldn't disagree with the sorry state of the Sith. How many atrocities had been committed at their hands? How many civilizations had suffered in the wake of their expanding empires? The thought made Petrichor feel all the more gratified in choosing the path he did all those years ago.

"Yes, there are those of us who don't look to genocide as an answer. As far as the Mandalorians go, even I have killed my fair share. Sometimes, taking life is the only outcome that yields the proper results. As for the Alliance, well, lets just say that all governmental bodies are imperfect. In the end, any large body will eventually conduct some form of crime. The Sith are no strangers to this, but neither are the Jedi, or the Alliance, or any other large group of ruling individuals. Power corrupts, after all, which is why I seek to alter the course of Sith perception."

The Sith lord observed as the pebble made ripples in the pond. He thought of his early days practicing the ways of the Force, and reflected on the misguided teachings of his own master.

"Your observation is an astute one. There is truth there as well. One who is able to acknowledge and interact with both sides of the Force is indeed a step ahead of others. There have even been those among my brethren who have called me "the Grey Sith", or a "heretic of light" due to my practices. In the end, however, I am just as much a Sith as they are. The only difference is control. Many Sith have the ability to manifest this within themselves, but refuse to do so out of some misconception that lack of control provides greater power."

He took a step toward the water as he continued.

"I understand the purpose of your metaphor, and it is sound. This being said, the Force itself is both one and two. One can practice it as a whole, but there still remains two sides. The Force has two naturally opposite aspects to it, but these opposites attract and intersect to such a degree, that they become as one. This is why someone such as yourself might look at it as a singular idea, rather than two."

Petrichor let out a chuckle.

"The Force, by nature, is quite the paradoxical thing, which is why understanding how it both is and isn't dualistic in nature can be a hard reality to accept."

He turned back toward Illian Dragos Illian Dragos as he pondered the question posed. He wasn't usually one to give away too much of his past, but he could feel that maybe... just maybe, a bit of insight might assist this young man in finding his own truth.

"My path was... pain. I was raised as a Sith by a master who fell prey to the trappings of the old way. There were many long years of struggle under his tutelage. If you know anything of the training methods of Sith, you know what this entails."

Petrichor let out a sigh. He had come to terms with his childhood long ago, and in doing so, hadn't reflected on it in some time.

"Over time, I grew to harbor a deep hatred for my master. This hatred festered until it reached a point of no return. I was able to overpower him, and take his life, as is the Sith way. It was then that I realized the futility of it all. The pointless hatred gained me nothing, except a title and my master's blood on my hands. I could have easily continued down that path, but I saw the flawed logic within Sith doctrine. This was what caused me to search for more acceptable answers. I have spent many, many years reflecting on the implications of Sith logic, and it has made me much stronger. I learned to understand that hatred and pain, and came to terms with it. In doing so, I found myself capable of reaching new frontiers that most Sith could only dream of."

He put a hand out toward the water and reached out through the Force. The body of water began to rise into the air in a single, moving sphere.

"You talk about ripples and balance."

He began to move his index finger in a timed, repetitive motion. With each flick of the finger, a single drop of water fell back to its home.

"I say, why you can be more than a pebble in a pond."

Petrichor lifted another finger, moving it in sync with the first. As he did, larger portions of water fell in small spheres to the ground.

"You ask me about pain and purpose."

Suddenly, Petrichor clenched his fist, causing what was left of the large, aqueous sphere to explode into a million drops of water. As swift as he did this, he opened his hand back up, suspending the myriad of water droplets in place.

"I say, through pain, we gain clarity. Through suffering, we find wisdom. Through understanding, we gain control."

He lowered his hand, allowing the rest of the water to sprinkle back down to the pond.

"I may have chosen the path of the Sith, but this is because I seek a better future for them. I wish to change the way my people interact with the dark side, and bring them to a place of inner peace."

An ever stubborn man, he chose to pretend to accept the fact that there were two dualities. The more he read about the force, the more he got more confused. He had considered a path of study, but chose instead not to focus on it: as far as he was concerned, those who chose to study the so called "mysteries of the force" had wasted decades of their time. For Illian, it was a tool he could use. And that was it.

He'd heard stories of what Sith had to grow through, but there were just that: stories. What surprised Illian was how interesting his viewpoint was, and... how much he agreed with him. For some odd reason, he didn't want to agree with Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor , yet he'd only met the man a few minutes ago. Impressed by his display of telekinesis, Illian sat down and pondered what he'd just heard and seen.

For once, there was a nod, and he felt like opening a bit more about himself; only a teencie bit.

"I can see why I've never heard about you before. Maybe certain people don't want you to be heard."

Chuckling, he continued.

"Although I never had to kill my master, my story isn't that far different from yours. I'm still finding my path, but I pursue a path of vengeance and retribution.."

Looking at him, Illian carried on.

"It's not that I dont wish to focus on my emotions. They are a strong source of motivation for me. There's a certain 'master' I want to bring what I believe is justice to. That, and my own sufferings. I just.... I just never have the time to reflect on them. Or maybe I don't want to."

His face gloomed, as he thought of the death of his parents and sister.

'Tell me, what is this inner peace you speak of. How does someone reach it."

Petrichor couldn't help but to chuckle in response to Illian's comment. There indeed had been many who sought Petrichor's silence, whether by censorship or assassination. In truth, his long self-exile hadn't helped the situation either. He took a moment to pace back to a nearby fallen tree.

"Indeed, there have been many who sought to remove me from the equation. The Sith don't like their methods to be questioned, especially not when they are hellbent on worshiping the ideals of a self-proclaimed Sith'ari. And even so, my followers have done their best to keep to the shadows. As much as we seek to avoid attention from the prying eyes of Sith overlords, so to do we wish to avoid attention from the Jedi."

He proceeded to sit on the fallen log as he continued.

"After all, if the Jedi heard of a Sith who taught as I do, I imagine they would feel a need to react out of concern for their precious padawans."

The Sith lord took a moment to study Illian Dragos Illian Dragos once again. Somewhere deep within this young man was a burning desire to bring a reckoning down upon another. An understandable rage slept somewhere within the caverns of his mind. A rage that, more than likely, would need to be quelled. Petrichor could feel the tension flowing through him. It was almost as palpable as the thick, swampy air of Dagobah.

"Ah yes, vengeance. A cause worth investigating, but in the end, short sighted. You must ask yourself, what happens after vengeance is exacted? Where do you go from there? Those who seek vengeance often find themselves consumed by it, only to find lack of purpose after. So you must ask yourself, what is next?"

He took a moment to take in more of the energy surrounding Illian.

"I sense... a strong loss. Someone close. Family perhaps. This loss gives you purpose. You have a goal in mind, and seek to achieve it. Perhaps you even see the Force as the means to do it."

He leaned in as he spoke.

"There is a saying in my teachings. 'The Force shall be my tool, my weapon, and my guide'. You see, the Force is absolutely a means to achieving your goal. It can be a potent weapon, but it is not only that. The Force is a messenger. It is a sight into the greater world around you. It can create great clarity within, but only if you allow it to."

Petrichor felt like he might be finally making a bit of a breakthrough with the man before him.

"Peace always comes at a cost. Whether this be taking life, or facing your deepest fears, or even dismantling every shred of pride within yourself. There are always sacrifices to growth. If you seek peace, you will have to face yourself. Until you do, you will not be able to face your opponent without a loss of self. When I killed my master, there was a level of release. This being said, I also lost a piece of myself that day. My purpose was gone, and it took years to find that part of me again."

There was a subtle shift in the wind as he spoke, as if the planet itself was validating the change he spoke of.

"Tell me, what do you know of the Force? You are clearly not a complete stranger to it. What have you learned? Have you had any formal training?"

"Sometimes people are scared of different ideas." he said. "I'd never want to supress any ideas. People can think for themselves." he said.

"Short-sighted? 'Through passion, I gain strength?' Isn't that how your code ." He stopped. Remembering Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor 's earlier elucidations, he shut up. Besides, he wasn't dealing with another Sith. For some odd reason, he had only met weird Sith in his entire studies of the force. Maybe it was a sign, or maybe he tended to attracted the weird ones. It was a thought that pervaded in his mind, before he pushed away.

When he mentioned his family, Illian nearly twitched. A sudden rise in anger could be felt. He hataed any mention of his family. How dare he attempt to read him like that? In contrast to the previous feeling of wanting to share his emotions with Darth Petrichor, he did a complete 360 turn. But he attempted to hide it. He knew that the man probably could sense his feelings via the force.

Calm down dammit.

But it didn't work. He was still mad, but he couldn't let his anger make him go past what he needed to do.

"Why is the force not a tool? For me, it's just a typical skill, like any other. You grow in it, and you become the master of it. And you use it for your own purposes." he said.

The biggest think that hit Illian though was how Petrichor described his loss of his identity when he killed his master. If he ever killed Lavria, what would be of him then? Well, he had other goals and ideas, but would they motivate him in the same way killing Lavria did. It made him want to wake up everday, and train. That was what he thought of in his mind; she was his singular focus. What would be of him then if he killed her? How would he be? He'd never thought about that, and he wondered if what the Dark Heretic said would apply to him.

"What if you have other goals? After revenge? They can still push you and guide your life right? Give your life meaning." he said. He wasn't going to be a force-hermit; that's for sure. But he agreed with him about the ascetism that needed to be practiced; the only difference was that he used it for his revenge, not to grow in connection with the force.

Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor

He shuffled as he spoke.

"Yes, indeed."

He could feel himself breaking through. All he could hope for, was to at least put forth one idea to this young man. He caught what the man said.

"Yes, but that is only the beginning. There are many steps after."

Petrichor took a minute to reflect. He could feel the resistance from Illian Dragos Illian Dragos , but he knew that this individual was still at odds with the self.

"You feel purpose in revenge. Truthfully, if this brings you progression, then it does bring you progress. I am not one to discount the purpose of revenge."

He shifted toward the young man as he spoke. He could sense he hit a note, and he was interested on hitting that note time and again.

"You deflected."

He spoke, so matter of fact.

"It's fine, and understandable. You felt some way, which makes sense."

He shifted his way towards the stranger.

"You moved away from my presumption. What are you scared to see?"

"What do you mean I deflected?" he stated in wonder. It was a genuine tone; he didn't know how he deflected.

The young squire couldn't deny the apprehension Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor had elucidated. It was sound, and true.

"Your right in a sense. I can't deny a good argument." For once, he felt his desire for revenge tempered. But he wondered if it would ever be stirred again.

"Show me.. I don't know what you mean about how I moved away from what you said."

There was a genuine curiosity in the man's words. A curiosity that Petrichor was most eager to cultivate. He took a moment to think on his next words.

"Let me rephrase, perhaps. You seem to be a seeker. You seek knowledge, revenge, absolution, peace. This is all attainable, but it is not a short road. We have to go step by step in order to reach this goal. You seek this peace, but you are still driven heavily by revenge."

He look back toward the water as he continued.

"You seem to be seeking to be a wave without first creating a ripple. We must first cultivate the ripple, which will grow into the wave."

He realized that he had once again been speaking in riddles. It was never easy for him to speak plainly. Petrichor was ever trying to gauge others, and continuously sought to stir answers within the self. He began to think that, perhaps, a more direct approach would be appropriate.

"Tell me, what formal training have you had? Are you able to, say, lift this rock?"

He reached out through the Force, lifting a small boulder and placing it at the feet of Illian Dragos Illian Dragos .

"If we are to begin a path to peace, we must first see where we are starting. You have exhibited knowledge of the ways of Force users, but are you capable of the feats they accomplish?"

Petrichor leaned forward, waiting to see what power stirred in this man.

"I sense the Force is strong in you, but have you truly tapped into it? Furthermore, are you willing to do what must be done in order to do so to your fullest potential?"

Sitting down, he looked at Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor . The questions the philosopher posed toward him were interesting. For once, he was questioning his goal of revenge toward Lavria Xedrim. Even the thought of her name changed his whole demeanor. It was as if a volcano had risen his soul. His hatred towards her was a simple statement: Illian constantly imagined the day he would put a blade inside her back. All forms of pain the Sith inflicted on their enemies had crossed his mind every time he considered what he'd do if he ever got her. He believed there was something pulling him in that direction. It was stronger than motivation, and he'd attempted to cool of such thoughts on numerous occasions.

What would he be if he let his goal go away? A Jedi? He scoffed at such a thought. There methods were to peaceful, depending on who you asked. And their recent murder of acolytes, people whom Illian would be sympathetic to had any semblance of thought at joining the Order. Darth Petrichor's ideals called to him, but his methods... It was a safe statement to state Illian wasn't enthusiastic. But Illian had sought the noted Nightmother Vytal Noctura for wisdom, and he had been trained by Ashin. He was not unfamiliar with seeking help from the most unexpected of sources, and he wouldn't start now.

Sighing, he looked at him in disappointment.

"Tidbits here and there. I know how to sense, and to absorb things, but I've never learned how to pick up a rock." he uttered.

Responding to Darth Petrichor, he hoped he wouldn't be mad at his answer.

"I don't know if I'm willing to do what you request. I've come so far with what I have... I don't want to give it away. But... I'll give your ideas a try. That, I can promise." he said.

"I learned from some Sith how to tap into the force. The dark side was what she called it... I know her methods of using my emotions helped me do what I needed to do. Oh, one more thing: I will do whatever it takes to fulfill my potential without violating what I hold dear." If there was one thing that he'd be resolute on, it would be that. And there would be no compromises for him on that point.

Petrichor only gave a subtle, satisfied nod. He appreciated the honesty. After all, he had dealt with ego before. It had proven to be much less... malleable than other mental dispositions.

"Good. We can begin with basics. You say you have been taught to sense things. I want you to take a moment to feel the Force. Feel it flow through you, as well as everything around you."

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Tap into all of that pain, that suffering, and feel how the Force reacts. Do not lose yourself in it. Seek it, observe it, feel how the Force responds to these feelings. Breathe deep, and let the Force flow through your heart and mind."

He once again inhaled... exhaled, and again.

"It is not the Force that controls you. Furthermore, it is not you who controls the Force. You and the Force are one, as we all are. Reach deep into that endless abyss, and find the synchronicity therein. Then, and only then, reach for the rock. Find the rock within yourself, and project that connection onto the rock before you."

He took another deep breath, creating a rhythm for Illian Dragos Illian Dragos to follow.

"Easier said than done..." he muttered.

As he heard another of Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor 's deep breaths, he wondered if he was okay.

"Are you catching a cold? I can get you to a hospital close by. I have some equipment on my ship to."

The young squire noticed the sequence of his instructions, and he followed them. Calling on the force, he felt like he was wearing it around his body. It was all over him, and he remembered his first feeling while connecting before he had met Petrichor earlier.

For a moment, he stood still. He didn't want to let Petrichor know his inner secrets. But he begrudgingly knew sooner or later, someone would know some things about him. Clenching his fist, his face grew somewhat sadder. He hated having to remember this memories on and off again. But he knew that using his emotions created a stronger foundation for his ascendance. It would be worthwhile.

He let go. All his bent up aggression, anger, hatred. Everything. It was like a dragon who had been released. He let go. All his bent up aggression, anger, hatred. Everything. It was like a dragon who had been released. He could feel the force react in different ways. On one part, it felt like the there was a part that wanted to seek him. To seize his anger and pull him to it; another part wanted him to let it go; while another one wanted him to just follow both currents. It was weird. But that was what he felt.

Listening to what Petrichor said lastly, he reached out to it. Traditionally, he would have used his revenge as a motivator, but knowing Petrichor watched him, he called on something else. And old theme in his life: survival.

He knew that to survive in the current months and years, he had to pass this test. Attempting to reach it, he called on it. He used as much of his concentration as he could muster.

Come on. Move dammit. Move!!!

It didn't move. Knowing Petrichor looked on, he decided to close his eyes. After a few failed attempts, he remembered a game. In that game, you had to beat a number of NPCs to use a special move. Applying it here, Illian waited for the force to come to him. It approached him like a companion, or a friend, and together, he was able to lift the rock.

"Haaaaah!!!"

He yelled as loud as a rancor, and used all his emotions to fuel him. The rock went up a reasonable distance before it fell down. He had done it, after more than a dozen attempts.

Once again hard work prevailed, and he had done what he had considered impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom