Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preparing for Glory [New Order Shipyard Dev thread]

| [member="Enigma"] |

"Hey beautiful," said Ayra as she passed her Sith Master. Of course, it was a secret to their allegiance and they hadn't yet met properly since that night on Coruscant. But they would soon, presumably. Alas, Darth Ayra had business on Coruscant, Undercity and it wasn't as the Sith Lord that Circe Savan knew of. Returning to her life as Alicia Drey, she would return to taking over the Undercity where she would rule Queen; and the subsequent platform to greater things, in the future.

Boarding the Niathal and departing the system, Ayra left New Order space, headed to her new home.

[member="Aeon Caedus"]

Melkaroth snarled as he was stabbed by the other Sith, and in his rage he held out his hand and sent a powerful force push at him, throwing him bodily across the room. He advanced a little awkwardly until he stood within about the length of two lightsabers from his opponent.

"You'll find I have a few tricks up my sleeve." hissed Melkaroth his, voice menacing. He stood once again in a defensive stance, waiting for his enemy's retaliation, but before anything else could happen there was a burst of sparks from the door. A moment later, the door had been blown open, and a large group of rebels charged in--some of them brandishing blaster pistols, others with whatever implements they had been able to lay their hands on. They wasted no time with words--seeing their ultimate enemy, they immediately began to fire at Melkaroth. They were not at all accurate--the bolts hit the wall behind him, but Melkaroth dodged out of the way all the same, ducking behind the toppled desk. He took one glance at his previous foe, and made a split-second decision. They could continue their fight so long as they weren't both dead. He drew his twin blaster rifles and opened fire, felling one slave and then another before they could fire another shot.

He had been beside the door when it had blown open and the several rebels charged in. They hadn't thought to look to their side, but rather charge straight ahead. Straight for Melkaroth.

Fine by him. He was done with him anyway.

Getting to his feet, he strolled right out of the door and down the hallway. He had tested the abilities of another threat, and deemed them unworthy.

Melkaroth snarled with anger as his enemy left. He would settle that score--some day. For now though, he needed to focus on defeating these rebels. He shot two more rebels before sheathing his blasters and once again drawing his saber. Though his leg was damaged he still had enough strength to leap high over the desk, landing on the metal floor midst his enemies with a loud clang. He set to work, dodging three more shots before attacking with terrible ferocity. His saber wove a pattern of crimson death, slicing one rebel in half and then spinning around and decapitating another and then impaling a third. Yet more shots were blocked, one of the blaster bolts being redirected to hit another rebel in the chest. Two more rebels were now still standing--Melkaroth dispatched them without mercy.

He stood there for a second, looking around at the rebels, all of them laid low. Then, without a second thought, he limped over to the holocommunicator. He pressed a few buttons, and the image of a grizzled military officer appeared.

"Send in your men, Colonel." he said. "We have waited long enough. Any rebel carrying a weapon is to be killed on site. Every group of slaves not in revolt is to be secured immediately in their cells."

The Colonel he was addressing commanded a corp of stormtroopers--5000 men--who Melkaroth had been holding in reserve, waiting for the rebels to come out into the open. Now, they would be crushed underfoot, and his victory would be complete.

"With pleasure, administrator."

Circe smiled, watching her lovely apprentice leave as she moved to continue her work with the New Order's shipyards. Once they were complete, Subach could get to work manufacturing newer and bigger ships for the New Order, in concert with Seinar. The two companies' competition would definitely be good for the economy of said New Order, in order to push back and forth, credits flowing as they fought for orders. "This is going to be a lot of fun... Half for us, half for them."

So she assumed, anyways.

@Melakoth Tyrin

Melkaroth sat in his office, smiling once more. The rebellion had been crushed within hours--his surprise attack had demolished the entire resistance in one stroke. Admittedly, he was now somewhat down on manpower, but that would be resolved in time as new shipments of slaves came pouring in. He doubted he would have further problems with rebellion now--word spread like wildfire in these places, and so long as he took care to maintain the image of the battle in their minds, few would dare to defy him.

Regret weighed heavy on his mind, but in the end the choice had to be this. Failing to act would only cause further suffering.

Now, he had requested a meeting with [member="Enigma"] and any other representatives of Subach Innes. The production of the New Order's fleet needed to be planned, and he had heard that Subach had several new designs to offer...

@Melakoth Tyrin

"Ah... Melakoth. I've heard from [member="Darth Ayra"] that you wished to speak to me about new Subach designs, with regards to the phasing out of those ships with destroyed production lines." A soft smile crossed her lips as she considered the circumstances of the situation - so many Seinar production lines were damaged during the fallout that Subach was bound to start filling in the gap.

"Indeed." said Melkaroth. "I have of course heard that your corporation has been developing several new starships for our use--I have been cleared to begin production, so long as they are up to scratch. So, what have you got?" Melkaroth was a strong believer in progress--he had no desire to replace the "inherited" components of the navy that already worked well, but the New Order could not survive merely on the remnants of the old Sith fleet. Furthermore, not all of the old Sith technology was compatible with their needs. The Sith Empire, as a major galactic power, could afford to mass-produce a large number of highly specialized designs--the New Order was much smaller and therefore they needed a smaller, more streamline navy. In any case, it was clear that Seinar could no longer meet the requirements demanded by Lord Vulcanus.
[member="Enigma"]

| [member="Melakoth Tyrin "]| [member="Enigma"] |

Darth Ayra was sat within the confines of the Sith Citadel on Mytus IV. Her gaze was on the holographic images of Darth Pandeima, her Sith Master and of Melakoth Tyrin, the Sith Acolyte turned Sith Knight thanks to her giving him a promotion. Crossing one leg over another, she intently listened to their conversation.

[member="Melakoth Tyrin "][member="Darth Ayra"]

"Well... We've been working on some new fighter and bomber designs. You know, for use replacing those old Seinar designs from the Sith Empire, since their production lines have been halted. One of our primary fighters is the TIE Agitator. Brand new cockpit, not at all like that of the Seinar TIEs, provides for superior visibility, better gun placement, and more durability compared to the older TIE Rapier." She smiled. "I'll be eager to see how tests go with regards to such vehicles. Not to mention the MZ-10 mobile pulse cannon is about to begin production."

[member="Enigma"]
[member="Darth Ayra"]

"I read the preliminary reports on the Agitator a few days ago--they are impressive." said Melkaroth. The agitator was not a massive step up from previous models--there was little difference between it and its predecessors besides what the Sith Lord had been able to describe in a single sentence--but Melkaroth could see that these simple improvements could provide significant advantages with no real extra costs. "If you are ready to initiate full production, I'm willing to approve it. As for this cannon you speak of though--I can't say I've come across it. Care to elaborate?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom