Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre-Codex/Factory Forums & Submissions in Blogs

[member="Lord Ajihad"]
A quick examination of the last year has shown out of the numerous pre-factory blog posts only 3 had comments attached to them, two of which were not feedback but one word replies.
The last was when people were having fun with the idea of a phrik battlecruiser.

So if people are giving feedback via blogs it is not via post...so it clearly doesn't matter. The avenues of feedback which would therefore be used; Discord, PMs, etc, are still valid.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
As I said in discord. Use Google docs. Send a link let others make a coment. If you have 3 people working on the same sub grate they can all edit it instead of having 3 subs that are copies the one above. Instead of fighting the change find an alternative hell factory and codex gave you an alternative that actually give you some kind of deadline to work with.

tumblr_lhvi8dXv8R1qb9vva.gif

I know what "dissent from the community" looks like, and this isn't it. I would take pause and ask the Admins to reconsider this standing order if I did.

This is just the same old response we get to any change. Every change we make will affect someone adversely. It's a numbers game.

[member="Tefka"]

It wasn't a bad change. However, it just seemed at the time unnecessary.

I have yet to speak on this matter and now's the best time. I understand why having a place to store factory and codex things is a good idea, but I also think that opening them up to public opinion and judge opinion will be benificial in the long run. That is what is driving people towards Google Docs, because there you can get public opinion. If there was the ability to get that now on the forums, then I'm about 60% sure people would use it more :)

If this sounded harsh, oops I didn't mean it to, but hey, first amendment right? :p

Matreya

Honestly, the only portion of this that bothers me is this:

I do not post subs to my blogs that are WIP, etc, but rather the ones that don't need the sub in the factory, but I find easier to have access to so I can link it in my sigs. For example, Valashus Archer Gear has arrows, a mask, etc. All basic stuff that doesn't need a sub as it is not only canon info but hardly even worth note other than the aesthetic and to give ideas of what my char uses.

Now your factory crew will be much more active, considering this feature is taken away.

The Pre-Factory/Codex part is awesome in my opinion. Especially considered it will be an official position, one I have seen asked for multiple times in the past. Also its not as if the two weeks period is a bad limit, or that it is final as well. If one is still working, I imagine drawing it back from archive could be as simple as asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom