Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre-Codex/Factory Forums & Submissions in Blogs

Factory and Codex submissions in any state or form [WIP / Denied / Completed] are no longer permissible within member blogs. If you wish to work on a submission please use the provided Pre-Factory/Codex under either the main Factory or Codex forum sections, or those found within your factions. Staff reserves the right to close member blogs that do not adhere to this ruling.

Instead we have created a Pre-Codex and a Pre-Factory forum.

Submissions which are Works in Progress (WIP), concepts or drafts can be put here. The following rules are to be observed with these new forums:

• Posted WIP submissions will not be open for member or Judge input. It is simply an area for members to work on their submissions.
  • Posted WIP submissions will have a 2 week limit within the Pre-Codex/Factory subforum. Anything exceeding that will be archived.
  • Once a posted WIP submission has been complete, the member will tag the Factory or Codex Admin to move it to the correct forum.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
This is actually pretty cool idea. Still prefer docs to work on subs but who knows I may use it for quick subs or things with lots of linking in.

Thanks [member="Valiens Nantaris"] and other staff members. :D

I do have one question though. Since we can't have input can we have a person we work with to use the same part. Example if I was to get a contract and started out filling the sub can the contractor use a post to link in what they would like or dose that have to stay to pm?

Curious because links been below or bits for adding in would make It so we'd not have to bounce between pm and sub.

Valiens Nantaris said:
Factory and Codex submissions in any state or form [WIP / Denied / Completed] are no longer permissible within member blogs. If you wish to work on a submission please use the provided Pre-Factory/Codex under either the main Factory or Codex forum sections, or those found within your factions. Staff reserves the right to close member blogs that do not adhere to this ruling.
Remember when the Factory and Codex were optional?

KaineRidge Farm Remembers.

Liliane

L
4424466.jpg

Tanomas Graf

T
What is the point of having a forum for posting WIP factory submissions that can't have critique and only stays there for 2 weeks, when the member blogs are perfect for allowing a member to ask for critique and an infinite duration of storage. Not to mention it's the member's blog, something to post their personal thoughts and basically anything else such as movie reviews (and factory submissions until they were literally banned right now.)

I remember that one thing the Factory Judges were supposed to do was to remind members that the Factory was 100% optional, and while this can easily be changed to prevent overpowered blog submissions not going through without decent approval, I find that banning the posting of WIP submissions to be ridiculous and unnecessary as others have stated above, I implore the staff to reconsider.

I may not be heard on my thoughts, but I'm darn well going to voice them.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

[member="Tanomas Graf"]
The Factory and Codex are 100% optional. You can go through your entire time here without using it at all.

If you've gone to the trouble of writing a submission and are posting it in a blog rather than the factory...why not do it properly? You've already done 90% of the work.

Well, our research showed that most of the time it was WIP subs that people wanted to post eventually but didn't have the ability to save. This is now a facility to overcome this issue in a single place.

As far as feedback, all major factions have a pre-area anyway. A quick look at those previous subs in blogs have shown almost no feedback whatsoever. People even responded harshly to such critiques that did happen in some instances. People did not put them up to obtain feedback, or if they do they rarely get it.

Besides, there is nothing stopping people PMing someone if you have a desire to comment on a pre Codex-Factory sub.

This is not being applied retroactively, so blogs posted previous today will continue to exist in their grey area of legality...unless it's reported.

I hope this clears up concerns here. This is something put in for clarity, consolidation and cutting down on duplication.

Seems pretty unnecessary to me considering most factions have their own pre-factory zone, and people have Google Docs.

Just another way for staff to shove the nonexistent necessity of the Factory down our throats.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Valiens Nantaris said:
If you've gone to the trouble of writing a submission and are posting it in a blog rather than the factory...why not do it properly? You've already done 90% of the work.
In my personal opinion, wouldn't it just be better to let members choose for themselves what they want to do with their submissions? I can see a benefit to to having a board-wide pre-factory/codex. It's a place where people post their submissions, work on them for a couple weeks, and have them transferred to the judging subforum with little hassle or wait. But seriously, banning it from the blogs just seems unnecessary. Could you give me a reason why completely banning tech blogs (which are open to constructive criticism from across the entire board) is needed? Can't we just choose if we want to have it in the pre-factory/codex where it's sheltered from comments or in a blog where it's open to scrutiny?

I just think it should be said that we are all grown-up enough to choose where we want to post our unfinished work; the decision doesn't need to be made for us.

It'd be cool if the Staff might reconsider their decision, especially given the general dissent from the community :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom