Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Power

5ZxUfI8.png

8eO1HPn.png

B4qiT86.png

Adalee remembered everything about Cerea. From the fruitful partnerships she had with the Elders, up to the very distinctive architecture the city of Tecave had to offer. She had spent an egregious amount of time on the planet. All of that time was spent studying. Of course, like all lessons she took, she excelled. However, while most Cerean's were sent to the Shyarn-Ado Schools, Adalee willingly sought out their art-form. She wasn't shy with a blade and when she was younger, her eagerness to learn techniques made her capable and deadly. Still, part of her felt like an outsider. Despite being accepted not only on Cerea, but many other worlds that allowed her a chance at honing her skill. She knew what she was part of. In a way, being a Thorne made her angry, but deep down she knew that was wrong. If her family didn't care for her because of her inability to use the force, she figured that was their problem...not hers. Even so, the thought constantly poked at her mind and she always questioned herself in the face of it.

Am I good enough to be a Thorne?

It was an awful thing to ask of oneself, worse for a daughter of the Lorrd's prestigious House of Thorne. She had distanced herself on purpose. Claimed it was a growing period for her career in politics, but words could only do so much when things went sour. Adalee had found herself lost, despite the efforts of her mother trying to force her into becoming a Jedi. She even went far enough to find the most egotistical man in the galaxy: a one Markus Kortu Markus Kortu . Regardless, she knew in her heart that you couldn't be a Jedi without being able to use the force...at least not the way she could. It haunted her, more than she cared to admit. The weight of her expectations and her own, felt like anvils bearing down on her ten fold. Maybe, just maybe: she did want to be a Jedi, but not if it came with the lies. The family of Dirge had freed her from her own naviety and with it, brought more issues for her to circumvent. Those new issues had to be ignored though, considering her lack of knowledge in the space magic department. Instead, she had to carry out her duties and make sure her alliances on Cerea were as solid the day she made them.

Such things tended to take up most of her time. Which was good, considering 'the voices.' Adalee enjoyed negotiating, more so than the average political figure-head. By that, to Adalee: that meant arguing with conviction. Otherwise, what was the point? Things had to get done, either the easy way or the hard way. Being careful with words was like a disease during deal making. Better yet, to Adalee it was pointless, useless, and cowardly. Sometimes things weren't that easy. Some issues didn't fit into that same bubble she had gotten so used to. Some things defied all logic. When that happened, Adalee had her swords. Each one safely tucked away in their sheaths at her back side. It was a reminder, to those that didn't co-operate that if things got violent, her words weren't the only thing that could cut and sting.

The room was lit dimly, the grey pastel walls tangled with vines of the local flora, Inisa. She remembered how much of an honor it was to not be contained to the Citadel structures for visiting travelers. The room was filled with one Elder, who would normally be sitting with the rest of his kind, but matters prevented him from doing so. Two generals of Cerea stood to his side. Another stood across the table, a diplomat from another mid-rim planet, she hadn't made connections with before. Adalee considered this mysterious new addition as a wildcard and potentially a threat to her own plans. Other then that it was the same familiar faces. A Skrilling by the name of Jeg'dos. He was an exceptional speaker, more so, she had learned of his deceitful tactics. Adalee wasn't concerned with him though, in fact, she had good ties with Jeg'dos, even though their point of view differed. Next to him was a representative for the planet, Balamak. It seemed the world of Cerea relied on them for sustainability in the outer areas that had been damaged by outsiders. It seemed they shared the same opinions about agriculture. Thankfully for Adalee, she wasn't here for the plants. The last, but not least sly individual was a woman by the name of Claire Dawson. She was here to discuss a far more unpleasant matter. It seemed gangs had seized control over certain technological labs in the citadels on Cerea. Something that Adalee found more humorous than dangerous. If it came to it, she would help the elders and rid them for better relations. The best part about all of it was most of these subtle discrepancies had nothing to do with their initial meeting.

Instead, she was here for one thing and one thing only, Power.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

Playing nobility was a bitter sweet sort of memory for Alina. She'd always hated it. The clever words to insult without actually insulting. Making allies through lies and deceit. A political game of chess she absolutely despised. But with it, she once held power. Long ago. Now? Not so much. The most she could do was flaunt the lies of power to sneak into places as needed.

All to perhaps build up some better, real influence once again.

Which of course is why she'd hired the thugs that took over the technological facilities. Aurora Industries, her Master's company. It.. Felt wrong to use her Master's assets in any way. Alina had been adamant about finding her own path, her own power. But that wouldn't bring her to her goal, not on her own. Asides, spreading Aurora to Cerea would be just as beneficial to them both.

That's why she was here. Dressed in a dark suit the pale skinned woman cast a cold gaze over the others in attendance. Shortly after the facilities had been.. Taken, Alina made sure they fell under the Aurora blanket. Her gaze eventually settled on Claire. To whom she offered a faint, warm smile. "Well, I'm not sure about all of you but I'm only here for the recent troubles with thugs. Aurora has invested quite a bit of money into those facilities. Is there a plan to remove the current unjust occupation?"

Adalee Thorne Adalee Thorne | Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

5ZxUfI8.png

8eO1HPn.png

B4qiT86.png

Adalee could sense the tension in the room after Claire's initial request. Being ignored probably didn't come naturally for a woman like her, but it happened anyway. At least, for only a brief moment before the wildcard spoke up.

"Well, I'm not sure about all of you but I'm only here for the recent troubles with thugs. Aurora has invested quite a bit of money into those facilities. Is there a plan to remove the current unjust occupation?"

It always came down to credits. She knew in her gut that that this domestic nuisance was going to derail everything. She wanted...no, need a better supply for Lorrd. When it came to medicine for her newly constructed hospital, supplies were the last thing to figure out. She had made the right deals to get it built and staffed, but without medicinal herbs and other formulated bi-products, her project would end up a wasted shell of potential and glory. She wanted so badly to ignore the pale skinned woman, but someone else chimed in. A Cerean, the only a Cerean. The Elder.

"This actually poses a real threat to more than just...the labs. Many of our products and medical supplies that are dispatched to other worlds outside of our own system are kept in those labs." The Elder said, his eyes stretching to meet Adalee's own amber stare.

As much as she wanted to dismiss how this wasn't her problem, it remained to be true. Still, her services wouldn't come free and the odd woman that spoke for Aurora Industries put her in a tight situation before things even got started. Adalee could feel something though, something off about it all. She played out the scenario in her mind, hypothetically if she were the one to takeover the Citadel labs. Her intellect told her of it's impossibility, but yet they stood disbarred from the logical answer. She knew there was no way a group of armed thugs got through all those men...

Unless...

"
Do I care to even ask, how they managed to weasel into the labs? I've trained here when I was younger and have been in the citadel many a time, the amount of protection roaming those halls, would take at least a hundred men. Are we dealing with thugs or a criminal syndicate?"
Adalee's voice came across proper, but curious enough to filter the room.

She had asked the rhetorical question on a hunch. Carefully she watched the expressions and subtle motions of all those in the room. Jeg'dos had the capability to cause this ruckus, but no valid hesitation came from him. Plus, Adalee deduced that if someone in this room was pulling the strings, it wouldn't be the Skrilling, he needed those labs for extra income. It wouldn't have made sense. In truth, Adalee wasn't even sure if she was right about a puppeteer mastermind among them, but she accounted for it anyways. Her back straightened and her head leaned softly to the side, awaiting an answer to her questions and that of the pale woman's across from her.

370d9lz.png

"Thugs, crime syndicate, hired mercenaries. The reason behind it doesn't matter until the labs are freed. Capture some of the thugs alive and question them." Alina had gone through the more descret channels. The thugs she hired would neither know who she was or what her involvement could be. Hell, she didn't even know the specifics. Someone else handled it. In that she was calm, but impatient to get this moving. Her gaze shifted to the Elder. Focused.

"Criminals are everywhere. You're not promoting much faith in your abilities to handle it at the current moment, Elder. Something so important shouldn't be left in scums hands. Should I have Aurora intervene to handle this mess ourselves?"

Adalee Thorne Adalee Thorne

5ZxUfI8.png

8eO1HPn.png

B4qiT86.png

The Elder groaned softly, before propping his body upright against the stone chair. His eyes shifted to Adalee, then back to the pale skinned woman. She made a good point, arguing about the thugs here wouldn't help anyone. Even with her distasteful comment, the Elder rebuked.

"We thought we had it contained, but there were more than originally reported. Claire was witness to this. Unfortunately, we are at a standstill. We can not do business with anyone until this is taken care of. We've hired a band of mercenaries to deal with it, so I suggest you get yourself back in line Alina. Aurora has done much for us, but we too, to them." The Elder stopped, but only briefly before catching his breath, his voice cracking as he made an effort to continue. "The only glaring problem is the Mercs won't be here till tomorrow, I'm afraid."

Adalee clenched her teeth, her black hair falling softly across her cheek as she sat back. It turned out she would have to deal with the damn thugs anyway. She stood, looking down to the Elder. She looked over to Claire and nodded. It seemed the young Thorne was going to have to get a little dirty for this all to work.

"This wasn't really part of my plan, but sometimes things go south." Adalee said, her arms moving outward as a holo-projection sprung to life in the center of them all. The schematics to the citadel presented multiple layers of entry, the closest to the labs being on the far end from where they were. They were a whole city away, but it wouldn't take long by land speeder, or any other vehicle. "I'll deal with these pests, under one condition." She looked at the Elder and spoke firmly. "We change the agreement back to only five percent and I want the medic probes too, all of them."

"Done."

"Then I'll go in from the Southwest entry point here." Adalee pointed at the small circular structure sitting on a long metallic pole. It was a heightened precaution to keep buildings away from the vegetation. Adalee looked over to Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru . She at least knew her name now. "Alina, I could use back-up, if you would care to join me."

Alina got her into this mess, the least she could do was help.

370d9lz.png

Alina let out a sigh and turned her gaze away, seeming annoyed. But in turn, she didn't care. So long as the business was done with, it mattered little. Mercenaries tomorrow? That'd be just fine. Another day was perfectly fine to wait on. But something more curious happened. She raised a brow, glancing towards Adalee.

The Sangnir could smell it. Blood potent in the Force. Did that make this girl a Jedi or such? She clicked her tongue before sitting up. "I hope you're not expecting me to fight. I'm not an enforcer or soldier you know."

Even saying that she got up, regardless. A fight was still something she enjoyed, after all. "I'll bring my personal guard. There are some things in there my superiors would like retrieved."

5ZxUfI8.png

8eO1HPn.png

B4qiT86.png

Adalee could feel something. It couldn't have been the force, she hadn't tried to preform any blood magic in weeks. With Markus hanging over her head most the time, it was too dangerous. The feeling was almost a sudden discomfort, like her blood paused in circulation for a split second. It made her uneasy, but only for that one moment. It happened when Alina stood.

"I hope you're not expecting me to fight. I'm not an enforcer or soldier you know."

Adalee's lips parted, her mouth slightly hung open in disbelief. Who even was this woman?

"I'll bring my personal guard. There are some things in there my superiors would like retrieved."

It must have been nice to have such luxuries, but to Adalee, Alina looked fit and capable. Perhaps she misjudged her, after all, Adalee was in the presence of nobles and political figure heads. They all had guards, Adalee did when she was young, but now, with all the family problems, she used her own methods to get things done. She turned to leave, but before she exited the room to grab her three sheathes, she left them with a sideways comment.

"For the rest of you, you all owe me."

370d9lz.png

Even under the suit it was clear just how trained Alina was. But she didn't lie. Her life as a fighter was underground fight rings and, well. Being a Sith. Not that she had any intention of showing such things here. No, here she was an employee of Aurora.

Thus would begin the double life.

"I'll meet you outside." She had no reason to linger. Vincent, her ever faithful servant, was already hiding in the shadows. Listening ever for the conversation after the pale woman left.

In the meantime she regrouped with her public guard. Aurora security. She armed herself with a blaster, one that hung off her hip from a loose, almost western holster. She was giving orders, waiting patiently for Adelee's approach.

5ZxUfI8.png

8eO1HPn.png

B4qiT86.png

Adalee looked over her precious weapons. Each one being handed to her as she gripped around the cold scabbards. The first two were made out of Lorrdian metal. However, the third, was wrapped with leather. A small designed engraved within the bottom end of the stitching. A small green pattern in the form of a rose thorn revealed itself as she moved it under the light. She had it since she was young and it always reminded her of home. For a brief second she lifted her free hand to her necklace, another thorn-like design resting against her healthy tan skin. It was a subliminal thing she did, before every fight.

The swords were strapped around her waist. The odd cloth wrapped around her pants hung to the side, but there was reason for it. It was white, but barely stained with a dark red at the very tip. In the center, at least where it fell to the wayside of her pants; was a streak of light yellow, almost that of an oil. Carefully, she strapped her last blade to her and threw her brown shoal over her shoulders, her arms no longer revealed anything but her forearms down. When she was ready, she nodded to the guard who handed her the weapons and made way for outside.

As she turned the corner, Adalee took in a deep breath. Things were never easy. She let out a long drawn out sigh before spotting Alina. A blaster was the only thing that changed about the pale-skin woman.

"I take it that's a sign of preparation?" Adalee said, her sarcastic tone elevating any judgement about her stance on blasters. She hated them, swords were the only thing needed, at least, in her own opinion. "Is there anything I should know before we get there? I know you mentioned Aurora's stake in all this...What should we expect?"

370d9lz.png

"Do you expect me to fight without a weapon?" Alina perked a brow, settling a hand almost defensively on her blaster. No, it wasn't the kind of weapon she'd normally use, but it'd work for now. Asides, she doubted any of the thugs could lay a hand on her as she was now. Unless they were Mandalorians. .. They'd better not be Mandalorians.

Annoyance flashed in her face as she glanced towards the facility in the distance. Annoyance that was quickly squashed down.

"Various medical supplies and what's needed to make them are within. Some patents as well, which we'll be reclaiming and making sure wasn't sold out. Shouldn't be anything to worry about, but it might make them more capable of holding the place. Bacta patches and such."

She turned, nodding her head to the chief of security she'd brought along. The man stepped forward, giving a swift bow of his head to both of them. "This is Mathiew. Since the Elder put you in charge, he'll follow your orders so long as they don't go against Aurora's interests."

5ZxUfI8.png

8eO1HPn.png

B4qiT86.png

"Do you expect me to fight without a weapon?"
"No, I just didn't take you for a slinger. To each their own." Adalee replied quickly, her hand falling softly on the hilt of a Dirge Blade.
"Various medical supplies and what's needed to make them are within. Some patents as well, which we'll be reclaiming and making sure wasn't sold out. Shouldn't be anything to worry about, but it might make them more capable of holding the place. Bacta patches and such."
"I was worried you might say that. We might need to be extra careful, especially with blaster fire. I wouldn't want both Aurora and Lorrd to lose out on precious medical supplies all because we couldn't contain ourselves." Adalee paused, her finger tapping on her technological wrist watch. Another blue schematic popped up to show the entry points one more time. She wanted to make sure the southwest side was the best option for a quiet entry. She studied it, before being interrupted.

"This is Mathiew. Since the Elder put you in charge, he'll follow your orders so long as they don't go against Aurora's interests."

Adalee's nose scrunched in irratation. It seemed they were back to politics. No matter how Alina wanted to spin it, Adalee knew Mathiew wasn't just there to follow orders. He was there to babysit her, much like that of her parent's spies. It bothered her, but not enough to lose her focus on the blueprint in front her . She flicked her wrist and the hologram shifted. The view was now a bird's eye view and a more loud, but central entryway appeared before her.

"Change of plans..." Adalee touched the intangible blue picture and widened it for both Alina and Mathiew to see. She looked at Mathiew, his tall and muscular tones showed promise. If he was strictly security, she would have been surprised. Still, it made her more confident in what she was about to say. "Since the southwest is a long corridor away from the labs. It isn't as efficient as I initially thought. What with the supplies, medical salves, and highly expensive equipment. I originally wanted to go in quiet, take them down one by one and prevent damage to most of the packages. So, here." Adalee pointed to the top side of a hub, dead center of the lab department. The top side all glass. Thick glass, but penetrable. "So my next question, is do we have anything that can get through this?"

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

Alina raised a brow. Honestly, she was surprised at Adalee's annoyance. The political game had ended the moment they left the room, at least in Alina's mind. Then again, she wasn't in any danger here. But the topic soon turned to.. Glass. Was she testing them? Her eyes narrowed in suspicion as she stepped over to it. Gently rapped her knuckles against the window.

"We could probably shoot it out or something. I'm not sure what you're expecting, though. They're security, not a military operation. Why not ask the Elder or such for something that can more quietly punch through this, if that's your intention?"

5ZxUfI8.png

8eO1HPn.png

B4qiT86.png

Adalee's bright ocher eyes shifted to Alina. The response wasn't amusing. She figured, with all the money Aurora was willing to dish out, that maybe they had precautions for something so trivial. Apparently, to Adalee's surprise; they didn't. Then again, Alina hadn't been useful at all, except for getting her in this mess to begin with. She was starting to think that bringing the woman was a poor choice. Adalee always expected the best in any situation, it was unrealistic. Even so, the responses made Adalee unnerved; slightly.

"Are you kidding me? Shoot it out? Are you trying to get everyone killed in there?" Adalee snapped, she pointed once more to the schematics, the tempered glass was made of clad Polycarbonate, infused with a large amount of resistant alloys. They would be lucky to not kill themselves by shooting at the glass to begin with. "The Elder won't be able to get us anything to get through that. We can't use explosives either." Adalee turned looking towards the many shack based shops leading toward the citadel. "If we're lucky, we might be able to find something that dispenses enough heat to melt through it. I's our best bet, unless of course either of you have a better idea?"

Adalee hated working with others, but wanted to drag the pale woman along out of spite. It seemed such a choice was working against her and only one thought filled her mind.

It's gonna be a long day.

370d9lz.png

Adalee was getting angrier and angrier by the moment. And Alina couldn't help but smirk. A calm, barely showing kind of smirk but one none the less. She hadn't expected to get under the skin of this random noble so easily, but for the sake of amusement, well. Why not have a bit more fun with the poor girl? Playing the incompetent rich lady had it's own charm anyway.

Her gaze shifted to the glass, looking it over for a moment.

"Aren't blasters hot though? Just shoot it in the same place, it'll melt, right?"

5ZxUfI8.png

8eO1HPn.png

B4qiT86.png

Alina didn't seem to understand. Each suggestion was more ridiculous than the next. However, the next sideways solution that spit from her mouth made Adalee disgusted. Not because of the demeanor or its delivery, but because it could actually work. Adalee scrunched her eyes to add the the blueprint, she tapped again and a layer of info sprung to life.

"I can't believe I'm saying this to you. Alina, that might actually work. It's not magnetically sealed. The shots wouldn't be too loud for those inside. We would need a few good shots in the center. Once it's deep enough, we just need a lot of pressure. The glass is going to break though, which should be fine, that capsule is specifically for plants." Adalee couldn't help but smile. Regardless of her slight frustrations with the woman. Adalee hadn't even considered this bizarre option. "Once it breaks we hit them hard and fast, it won't be as quiet of an entry, but we'll be able to take out anyone in the plant lab before they get help."

370d9lz.png

Wait it'd actually work? Alina blinked in surprise, but pretty quickly pushed that down before she ended up bursting out into laughter. The idea was half assed and dumb, all things considered. She just wanted to keep Adalee underestimating her. Before they could actually get to doing that, she motioned for Mathiew to step over. She whispered something to him, and the man pretty quickly left.

Only to return with a plasma torch from a nearby shop.

"Right, um. Let's use this instead. I'll try to be a bit more serious now, okay?" Alina flashed an innocent smile before handing over the torch to the Thorne.

"Ladies first."

5ZxUfI8.png

8eO1HPn.png

B4qiT86.png

The thought of getting the better half of a deal was the only reason Adalee was doing this. She wasn't very concerned about appearances this time. She didn't even think the Elder would have given her a chance at this if not for her history. The only odd thing about it all was how the thugs got in the labs to begin with. Or rather, even why? Adalee dealt with rebellious types before. They always wanted something or they wanted blood. She considered her position in all of this for a quick minute. Lost in thought, the variables didn't add up and the only anomaly in all of it was Alina and Mathiew. She would have questioned their involvement, but if they were from Aurora Industries, naturally they would help. It bothered her and the feeling that she felt before getting things square almost nagged at her core. So much so she told herself the exact thing she felt.

Something's wrong.

Adalee didn't have any connection with force when it came to sensibilities. Instead, this was blood deep an intuition. She just couldn't shake it. Regardless, for those on Lorrd, she would push her questions to the side. No, she had to in order to make this work. She didn't have to trust the duo, she just had to make them think she did. Her mind wanted to give her more answers, but was quickly interrupted.

"Right, um. Let's use this instead. I'll try to be a bit more serious now, okay?"

Adalee looked at the extended hand of Alina, a plasma torch resting in her open palm. She hadn't even seen Mathiew leave. Her nagging sense of uneasy dread finally left her and she refocused.

"Perfect, this will get the job done. Mathiew, I'm gonna need you once we make a deep enough impact. Chances are you'll be the first in." Adalee's voice held a serious tone.

"Ladies first."
"Youth before beauty, I insist."

370d9lz.png

Alina bit back any sharp remarks. And looked exactly like she was. The woman turned without a word, doing her best not to look any more annoyed than she was as she ignited the torch to start cutting into the glass. Bit by bit she'd make progress, a steady hand burning a wide, perfect circle. Inhuman precision and a lifetime of wielding a lightsaber made for some practiced hands.

This would've been a lot faster with an actual lightsaber.

Once the circle was cut Mathiew stepped forward. He pushed the freed section forward, doing his best to catch the edges and lower it as quietly as he could. Then immediately took point, stepping through with several of the other security officers behind her. Blasters raised and ready with the apparent skills of soldiers. Most were, at one point.

Alina stepped in next, pulling out her blaster, golden eyes scanning around the room closely. Curiously. Thus far, clear.

"So, Adalee. Where to first?"

5ZxUfI8.png

8eO1HPn.png

B4qiT86.png

Adalee watched as the sparks spit backward at Alina. The clean cut searing into the glass was working well. In fact, Alina's precision was the main cause of its success. It was strange that the Pale-skinned woman was a noble, when she used a torch like a studious engineer. It didn't take Adalee by surprise though, her gut told her Alina wasn't who she said she was. Still, it was too late to put her trust in anyone else and with Mathiew already dropping quietly inside, so too did Alina.

Adalee followed in tow, a small ringing sound formed ever so slightly as she landed. Her one blade 'The Point' was already unsheathed. It was a lightning quick movement, but the rapier remained flush with her shoulder. She scanned the dim-lit area, but nothing, no one. She sighed in disappointment, she may have not wanted to get down and dirty, but when she was actually ready...Adalee loved a good fight.

"So, Adalee. Where to first?"
"Well, we are definitely in the Flora Labs." Adalee replied, the tip of her blade carefully tapping on a small flower. "We need eyes on the thugs before we can assess things further. The quicker we find them, the better chance of getting Aurora's supplies and scientists out safely. I say we check the long hallway first. If we can get to the far end, probes, salves and logged info on any projects you may have been part of should be there. We're looking for the west wing. Let's move."

370d9lz.png

Eyes on, huh? Alina turned her gaze ahead. She could smell them. The intruders. Her little unknowing hirelings to get to the next phase of her own grand scheme. Not that they would ever realize the plan before it was too late. Her eyes fell to Mathew, who nodded once. The head of security was already motioning ahead. Hand signals. One of the other guards went to a nearby terminal, swiftly hacking into it.

Pulling up a live feed.

"Seems they patrol regularly. They'll be this way in.. Momentarily. They find the glass they go on alert. They get killed, I imagine the same if delayed. So, Adale." Combat. She could practically smell the violence to come in the air. Her golden gaze fell back on the Thorne, her grin spreading wide to show the pointed, vampiric fangs she'd been keeping hidden.

"What should we do now?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom