Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[ Poll ] Invasions in the Next 30 Days

Hello everyone!

We posted a StrawPoll on Discord regarding what we will be doing in the next month Invasion-wise. We wanted to get a pulse on what you all wanted to do in that moment. However, given that our Invasion has officially concluded, I've put together this poll to see where we stand as of today!

The first question is: In the next 30 Days, when do you want to invade again?

Your options:

A. I want to invade now: We announce the next invasion right after this one is judged and launch within two weeks.

B. I want to invade later: We announce the next invasion in two/three week's time, and invade in within three/four weeks.

C. I don't want to invade: We take a break for invasions beyond 30 days.

The second question is: In the next 30 days, who do you want to invade?

A. The Mandalorians

B. Other: Put your preferred target here

C. No one

I’m in a bloodthirsty mood, clearly:

1) B (edit: mostly due to the timescales of us getting rolling)
2) A

I would like to see us make a story arc of this conflict with the Mandalorians, and keep the pressure on.

If not the Mandalorians, then after revised thinking, any other viable target with good story and fun writers.

Boots ain't made for walking
1) A-B Give it a week

2) B
I would hit every faction one after the other on a list, but that would make you a target for everyone.
So my vote here goes for I don't care. Shoot anyone.

*We do fit well in the anti-hero role however.

Aya Clarke

Lady Clarke, Saint of the Crimson Eagle
Feel like someone's gonna be upset since I didn't actively participate in this invasion for personal reasons but...

1. C. I'm very vocal that I do not like invasions, I hardly like Skirmishes even. These big threads can be salt mines to put the dead sea to shame. Not to mention they can be logistical nightmares if details in communication slip, or even if it runs smoothly.

Though I also know frankly it doesn't matter and I'm willing to bet everyone is going to be head over heels for war. So my second choice would be B, space these out a bit. "Keeping the pressure" is hardly a way to run anything that causes stress or anxiety. I know I myself probably won't take part unless someone has a specific story idea, seeing as my usual problem is the scale, and having only one person I might be relying on would be the better option.

That's all, of course, ignoring the elephant in the room that I personally still need to settle into the Viceroy role anyways.

Onto the next...

2. C, obviously. If I'd prefer not to invade at all then no one would be my choice. However again, I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter. So assuming we do invade, I'd much prefer B. More specifically a group like TJE or whoever the big boys on campus are these days (I genuinely cannot remember all the factions currently active) that we'd have reason to IC. While I think if we do invade the Mandalorians again there is obvious precedent and reason, again it's a personal thing. I have my own characters who will likely in time be prepared for such, and would gain far more from engaging with them. Aya meanwhile would have far less reason to disagree with a war with, say, Sith.

And I don't like feeling like a bloody traitor no matter how many of y'all tell me I'm not.

C. While I did not participate in this invasion on the CIS side for various reasons that I will not disclose in public, the 9 posts I did make with my character were quite draining, and the whole process was stressful. There was far too much OOC salt for my liking, and miscommunication about certain pieces of faction lore. I realize in the grand scheme of things I am probably in the minority in thinking this, and as a new person don't have much weight to my opinion either, but I'm still gonna voice it.

B/C. While the ideal option for me, considering the above, would be no one... I realize it's the unlikely option. However, if we were to invade I believe it would be a wise decision to choose someone who doesn't absolutely live for war. Any other planets within Mandalorian space would be heavily fortified before we even got there, and would result in heavy casualties on our side. IF we want to invade someone, it would be a smarter choice to go with someone easier to go after to reduce casualties and resource drains on our side.

B. If we are going to invade, I would like some time to focus on story for a bit before we do invasions again. I am not a huge fan of invasions and don't always participate in them.

If we invade, it should at least be an IC reason.

A) I DEFINITELY want to invade. I wasn’t able to participate as fully in this invasion and that really bummed me out. Besides, the time needed to get an invasion going would give enough time for people to rest/prepare imo.

1. B

The invasion was salty and tiring, even though I did enjoy writing in it and exploring the story. The first week was a serious hurdle to surmount, and I'm glad we got through it, but man would I have liked to face an opponent that is more cooperative. So I feel like it would be helpful to take a break for 3-4 weeks, which lines up with the B answer here.

2. C

I can't actually think of a good opponent both IC and OOC. So I don't really have a preference, there's pros and cons to any faction on the map right now. Let's find an opponent that is going to create a good invasion story, not just one that makes IC sense.

Darth Novus

D
[member="Lace Vi'dreya"] has nailed it completely.

My vote has to go C & C. The ME invasion was draining and annoying and not fun writing at all. I hate invasions on chaos because they tend to become very high in the sodium levels pretty quickly.

Simply, focus on internal faction stuff for a while.

Darth Metus said:

Your options:

A. I want to invade now: We announce the next invasion right after this one is judged and launch within two weeks.
B. I want to invade later: We announce the next invasion in two/three week's time, and invade in within three/four weeks.

A. The Mandalorians
C. No one
As much as I have enjoyed this invasion, I honestly believe it would do us all some good to take a couple weeks to recoup before jumping into another invasion. That being said, you know that if I have the time and am not forced into an "LOA/Heavily Limited Posting" status, I will happily be along for the ride.

As for question two, I would n't be against another invasion of the Mandalorians if push came to shove, but I really wouldn't be against invading any particular faction to be honest. So, in this case, I have no preference as to whom we should invade next. But, I wonder how the site would react in the NAP got dropped and the two biggest players on the site went after each other.

Post formatting stuff from the phone is awful if you weren't aware.

Nika Satari

N
Personally, I would keep up the offensive against the ME, but also perhaps have a larger gap of waiting before we invade again.

1. B
2. B: Anyone other than the Mandalorians

Personally I don't think the Mandalorians offer very much in terms of quality story. The only person's post on the ME side that I read consistently was Valdus Bral's. The rest of their writers don't seem all that engaging. It is hard for me to remain committed to something that isn't entertaining. Additionally I think that this invasion against the ME has already exhausted any potential for amicable OOC cooperation in the near future.

A. The Mandalorians

C. No one

With respect to my colleagues observations above, the comments about sodium levels and the struggles for OOC cooperation are going to be the same regardless of who the opposition is. For good or for ill, we've established a narrative for invading and attacking two Major Factions on this board. So if we're going to lean into story, then it follows that those factions are where our story is at presently.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
I'm in the same mindset as [member="Voph"] ~ [member="Veronika Fleischer"] ~ [member="Kasca Fen"] at the moment.

I do try my best to participate in Invasions when I can, but I'm more for character development and smaller group stories without time limits.

I agree with Sor-Jan. B & A

I think everyone needs a break to rest and recharge their batteries, invasions are tiring and tough and everyone deserves some fun light threads and opportunities to work out the character development from this invasion. However, after that, I think hitting the ME makes the most sense within the storyline that is running now. The cause for war exists, it would just be continuing the storyline onwards. As Sor-Jan said, in almost any conflict there is gonna be some salt thrown around, it's inevitable. But if the stories and the actions are good, and if people are having fun that's really why we're all here. If the story fits then might as well wear it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom