Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planet Creation Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmKay

Thank you, [member="Taeli Raaf"]. While I have your attention, how would one actually write up a dev thread to put a material on a planet? Is it all somewhat circumstantial and I'd have better insight by just filling out my sub, posting it, and going from there?

Avo

A
I want to make use of a pre-existing EU planet that has absolutely no pre-existing information pertaining to it, save for it being the home world of a minor historical organisation and its sector and system. May I take that and essentially make it a custom planet, keeping the name but doing whatever else to it?

Worth mentioning this planet does not exist on the Chaos map.

I would like to make a minor EU canon world, then expand it to include the system and possibly the sub sector, I will make sure all canon items are linked. If I do all the work and make all the individual assets, entries and threads slowly over time to allow proper integration is this acceptable or would it be frowned upon? Also is this the right place to do so?

Would it be possible to submit a reverse-planet?

Instead of everything being on the outside of the planet, it's all on the inside. The Planet is a hollowed-out sphere, with the outside surface being a mysterious metallic material. The inside is bigger than the outside, a distortion in space. The gravity pulls everything towards the outside, so even at the top of the sphere you don't basically fall into the sky. The atmosphere would be in the center of the sphere, with a magically rendered projection of the outside sun and moon all in the middle.

A total anomaly, but I think it could work :D

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

Which aspects of this do you have an issue with? Mortis was similar to the inside landscape aspect. I understand Mortis was a very unique place, but couldn't something like it be created with enough dev?

The distortion in space-time part is similar to the time anomaly in the Bubble of the Lost

The lore explanation behind it would be along the lines of the Primeval religion. A lost place thought to only be a rumor. Thought to be created by the Primeval deities themselves (obviously nothing godlike inside the planet, just a unique and breathtaking landscape hidden within a barren planet), something believed to only exist in legend like the lost city of El Dorado.

Of course, a huge dev thread would go into making this.

Those are unique parts of SW EU Canon, a realm of canon that has questionable yet tolerable backing to the central SW canon story.

The answer is still no.

[member="The Gray Assassin"]

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

kk

Throwing away the entire idea, how about this: a planet surrounded by an asteroid field that over time became a sort of shell around the planet. Similar concept to Roon and the Cloak of the Sith.

Inside of that "shell", could there be at least a slight distortion in space? The inside being a little larger than the outside. I think with enough dev, just that isn't too over the top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom