Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planet Creation Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vyrassu

Immortal Jen'ari Sith Emperor
The galaxy map has no cordinates at least not the galaxy map in looking at so how would I go about finding them. I mean I know exactly where I'm placing the planet, but you guys want coordinates

Or the alternative is to copy the map image off the site. Then use something like paint to literally mark an x where you want the planet. Then just cut out that small section of the map with a few other planets around it in view and use that to show us where you want it.

Like this:

Tygara%20Location%20New%202.jpg

[member="Darth Vyrassu"]

Darth Vyrassu

Immortal Jen'ari Sith Emperor
[Member=coryth elaris] when I try and blow it up, words get blurry, can you out someone else get me a blown up copy of the area around Dromund Kaas, like to the right of Dromund Kaas but still have Dromund Kaas in the pic

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
The only way I can think to do it is to have an overall thin atmosphere, but have fissures and canyons are deep that enough of it collects to be breathable. So in other words, technically possible, but it would have to be well explained.

Hope this helps.

[member="Kylo Kyr'am"]

[member="Kylo Kyr'am"]

[member="Rusty"]

That wouldn't have to be an atmosphere type, would it? Just atmosphere deterioration... We've seen it in moves, games, and documentaries, where an area is affected by certain things, most of the time man-made, that affect the area. I mean a realistic example could be Chernobyl right? Wasn't the air completely toxic for awhile?

Rusty

If we take the definition of atmosphere types literally, then yes it would count as two separate types.

However, I get what you're saying. And yeah, Chernobyl is a pretty good example. Also, active volcanoes tend to spew out some pretty nasty stuff.

The question is, is the area affected large enough to warrant a mention on a planetary survey? If you had to describe a world in 100 worlds or less, would you consider the affected area enough of a priority to include it in the report.

Now obviously when you're doing a submission, you have more than 100 words to work with, but the same principle applies. You're not writing a doctorate's thesis on the place, you're establishing the baseline for RP. If the problem is widespread enough that you think it would have a pronounced affect on an RP that would take place there, then by all means, bring it up.

Hope that helps.

[member="Menka Guga"]

[member="Rusty"]

There is a "Notable Locations" or something like that, right? Chernobyl was just a town, but it was a big one, and he could have a radiated area span a country, not hard... just everyone used nuclear power as just on example. Although, things like this wouldn't be listed in the Atmosphere types, as it isn't a planet-made issue, still located in the 'good atmosphere'

Rusty

I would think Notable Locations would be a better spot for something more localized like Chernobyl.

That said, I can think of a few instances where it might be worth splitting. On a planet with abnormally heavy gravity, for example, areas with lower elevation would likely be unable to support human life. Not only would toxic gasses tend to pool, but at that density, even things like nitrogen and oxygen can be harmful. If the either the majority or a goodly portion of the planet falls under that category, then listing it as a second atmosphere type would be appropriate so long as you explain why in the appropriate section.

[member="Menka Guga"]

EmKay

When the template for the Planet Creation Restricted Materials Application says "Requires a dev thread of X posts", is that development for the planet or development for the object to be created from the resource located on the planet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom