Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planet Creation Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question (And, as Lily Kuhn knows, they are usually followed by another, and another, and another).

I know planets technically have to be open to anyone, and the coordinates can't really be a secret. However, I plan on creating a planet which will be used as headquarters for my character and a couple other individuals as well. Can I say that the planet's coordinates were buried in dust due to an event which I will come up with later, thus only making accidental jumps or retrieval of the coordinates the main way for someone to find it? I mean, the headquarters are supposed to be secret, and I don't want everyone and their brother showing up.

Plus, the planet won't have any rare materials. Will that in of itself help my cause?

And, how many species/location subs can a planet have?

[member="Benedali Serrus"]
The planet will be on the map.

Take it from me that people rarely seek out custom planets they aren't invited to, so you should be fine.

It can have any number of attached subs. As many as you want or think you need.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Well I know it'd be on the map xD I just meant as a reason why most folks/old empires/stuff wouldn't have heard of it or might have briefly heard of it. Especially since one of the species will probably be "colonists" (I can't think of a better word to describe their scenario). It bothers me to tamper with timelines, canon or no (I'm just weird like that).

Otherwise, yiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

The codex folks will hate me. Or love me. Depends on their levels of boredom, lol.

Roshki Belawiiks

We all have demons. I've just decided to feed mine
Do I need to create a sub for one of Ruusan's moons? The planet has 3 of them called the Three Sisters, but the only one really referenced was Ruusan 2. I am creating an exploration thread of one of the moons, which I am calling "Ruusan 3". The wiki article for Ruusan says there are supposedly ruins on one of the moons, but neither specifies nor elaborates on which moon.

Similarly, I was wondering if it'd be logical to assume that the moon had a breathable atmosphere? Especially if I went off the principle of the ancient Mayan ruins.

Perujones

Man, Myth, Legend
Is creating a planet which exist outside the galaxy, but is accessible through another planet ok? That way I can have a culture completely untouched by this galaxy, so when they interact there's a kind of "culture shock".
It won't possess important materials, or anything that special, but the entire premise of this story I've come up with teeters on wether or not I can make a planet from another galaxy.
It will almost be connected to this galaxy like a strange space-Narnia, where a specific location on a specific planet acts as the wardrobe.
Eventually this portal will draw it into the known universe, and it will be a part of this galaxy.

[member="Perujones"]

I'd like to say that it's not something we'd approve. All planets must be added to the map, and although I believe it's possible to have a planet be added slightly outside the Galactic disk, having it outside of the galaxy entirely would mean that the planet is inaccessible via dominions and not on the map.

I'd suggest exploring lore regarding dimensions and such, as I know there's aspects of that which exist in canon. Such a place may be subbed via the Location Creation sub-forum but there is no guarantee that it would be approved.

Hope this helps.

Perujones

Man, Myth, Legend
To avoid the trouble of all that, I'm just going to change the story lol. This planet now exists in the galaxy :D

Thanks for the help!

Sanya Val Lerium said:
Question - is phyrik(large), Cortosis(large) and a planet sized nexus to much or would I need to remove one of these, or can I still do it with the work?
By planet sized Nexus, I assume you mean making the entire world a force Nexus like Ziost, Korriban, or Tython. If that's the case I'd like to say the judge would ask for anything from 50-75 posts in development (maybe more) for a planetsized Nexus. Another mention is that it's a pretty hot topic regarding whether or not a planet should be able to have two(or more) restricted materials.

Add the three of the above mentioned combined? I'd be confident to say the judge would request one--maybe two--of those thins would need to be removed before they could approve it.

I'm just going to tag my boss to see what he has to say regarding the two restricted materials, though. [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Roshki Belawiiks said:
Do I need to create a sub for one of Ruusan's moons? The planet has 3 of them called the Three Sisters, but the only one really referenced was Ruusan 2. I am creating an exploration thread of one of the moons, which I am calling "Ruusan 3". The wiki article for Ruusan says there are supposedly ruins on one of the moons, but neither specifies nor elaborates on which moon. Similarly, I was wondering if it'd be logical to assume that the moon had a breathable atmosphere? Especially if I went off the principle of the ancient Mayan ruins.
You can create a submission for canonical planets/celestial objects. However; It would be more appropriate to sub it as an Astronomical Object via the Location Creation area of the Codex, rather than a Planet, since it's a moon. Just make sure to include the wiki article in the submission's 'links:' field so that the judge is aware that the location is canon.

There aren't really any rules regarding the submission of canonical locations, but it's generally expected that you don't do anything that seems unlikely. For example, if someone wanted to sub a jungle Oasis hidden somewhere on Hoth, it'd probably get denied unless there was a well-expressed reason for its existence. The same would go for this moon, look at the planet and articles on this existing moon(s) and use that as the basis for your sub.

Good luck!

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] [member="Sanya Val Lerium"]

I will not allow two mine-able restricted materials on one planet. Especially not large deposits. No other planet has that, especially not combined with a nexus.

[member="Sanya Val Lerium"]
No.

You will not get two mine-able materials on the one planet.

I may allow a second material which has a challenge or similar since the location is completely secondary in that case, but even then unlikely.

Zanthos the Snake

The True King of the Rakatans
I have one question.

The planet that I'm fleshing out, Makatak, is canon in the SW Universe. The thing is that the Wiki page doesn't really go into detail about it, so I posted on the Map Thread Update page and created an entry here as well.

Ok. To my question. My character is the king of said world. Am I obliged to do a domination of the planet or do I own it already, since I'm the one who brought the Map Update up and fleshed out the world?

PS: I also plan on starting a faction, if that helps any.

Some other info that may be relevant.
-Planet is in the Unknown Regions
-Hasn't been contacted by outsiders since the beginning of it's colonization
-Not really going to be a lot of RP there, maybe some dev threads. Makatak is intended more for a capital planet, an HQ, kind of.

Thanks for reading. :)

Zanthos the Snake said:
Ok. To my question. My character is the king of said world. Am I obliged to do a domination of the planet or do I own it already, since I'm the one who brought the Map Update up and fleshed out the world?
Only Major Factions are allowed to own worlds, and are also the only ones who can do dominions, too. So your options are pretty much A.) Get a faction going and apply for major in a month, B.) find an active major faction and cooperate with them to dominion the planet on your behalf, or C.) roleplay rulership over the world (although you have no OOC ownership over it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom