Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Pirate Hunting Anyone?

It's been a week or so now since I've returned to the site. I've spoken to some cool people, tossed around a bunch of neat ideas, but as of yet I haven't actually gotten to role-play. I still fully plan to join the plots/stories I've spoken to some of you about. Right now though I want something immediate. To dip my hands into the proverbial mud and start writing. I thought about my character a lot and the types of stuff I'm interested in doing. I think I've settled on a nice little story that several different types of characters could be a part of. I'm all for collaboration though, so I'm open to suggestions on how to make stuff work better for anyone that wants to take part.

The Set-up
A corporate entity is attempting to increase it's monetary revenue in a currently unoccupied sector of space. The native inhabitants of this region weren't fully sold on the corporation or the effect it will have on their home but cautiously welcomed it. Things proceeded smoothly in the initial stages, yet an increase in scope of operation attracted the attention of a local pirate band. Ships have been continuously raided, corporate facilities plundered, employees killed and ransomed; with no end to the attacks in sight. With escalations in conflict occurring, the native population of this territory have found themselves increasingly brought into these skirmishes and are beginning to voice their displeasure.

The corporate entity has invested too much time and credits to pull the plug on their operations here. At the same time they are unable to commit higher degrees of security assets to the region. Therefore, the corporation has decided to contract out security work in the sector. Essentially offering letters of marque to anyone that will combat the pirate forces on their behalf. The corporation has made it clear that, other that paying for confirmed kills, they can offer no assistance. However, individuals operating on their behalf will be left unchecked while conducting themselves in this section of space.

The Punchline
I'm hoping for a multithread story arc here. The direction of the story can go a lot of different ways depending on who actually wants to take part. More corporate/intrigue types might lead to discovering the pirates are working for a rival company. Humanitarians might find themselves helping the native population more than the corporation. Those focused more on the combat aspect might just lead to it being a cool showdown with pirates. Whatever, I'm not picky and I'm always open to collaboration.

As to where exactly this is taking place and who the corporation/pirates are? I haven't picked anything concretely. I figure we can come up with something that makes sense, unless one of you would like to throw in for it. Just remember this is meant to be an isolated conflict. If you want your company to be the one in the story don't start bringing in your personal armada to wipe out the pirates. Or things akin to something like that.

The only thing I really want out of people that want to join is reliability. I'd rather have one guy that posts once a week to write with, than three that post twenty times in a day then disappear. As for plot wants, I'm open to anything like I said. I kinda want to do a bit of ship-to-ship combat, but it's not a hard must. We can write things from the same side of the conflict, working together, or against. It's all good.

If anyone is interested or has questions don't hesitate to let me know!

If you don't want to die
Don't do the crime

Elise will likely take up that offer and start slaughtering dem pirates. She's actually a very sweet person with medical skill, so she'll be quite humanitarian too. She's fighting for the people, not the cooperation. The extra money is just a lovely bonus.

Varyk Soneer Varyk Soneer

I'd be game to be the corporate entity in this plot. AgriCorp would always look to expand to new planets and systems, so this can easily be wangled to fit into the plot with not exceptionally high corporate security as of yet as it's still beginning of investments.

I'm just on short LOA for the week, so might be a bit slow to post should you launch the thread in the meantime, but you can catch me on Discord at Avelion5500 if you wanna discuss anything else - I'd be quicker to reply there while on LOA.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
I'm not terribly sure how we'd fit in, but Breshig War Forge Consolidated produces starships, weapons, components and the like, many of which for its PMC subsidiary, Strill Securities. Both companies have worked with various factions such as the CIS, the Rimward Trade League and Locke and Key to name a few in a considerable capacity. The company itself is quite easily considered a significantly sized corporation on its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom